Droid Mini/Maxx/Ultra Root / XPosed / BusyBox [SU6-7] Android 4.4.4

Search This thread

DmdStar

Dec 27, 2005
Dodgeville, WI
I wasn't sure if I really need to try and roll my version back but I wanted to make sure and followed the instructions. I just received a replacement Maxx and it had Sys ver. 24.3.7, Android 4.4.4, SU6-7, on it. Anyway I downloaded the CFC-obakem_verizon-user-4.4.4-SU6-7-release-keys.xml.zip and removed the first line. While flashing RSD says "Failed flashing process. 7/17 flash system "system Img" ->USB error occurred while reading/writing. I need some ideas as to where to go now. Thanks.

UPDATE: I tried it again and RSD says 7/17 "system img" phone return fail
Yes, you need to flash that firmware for the his to work. Why did you delete a line? Shouldn't need to touch it before flashing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Septaric

Oct 16, 2010
Yes, you need to flash that firmware for the his to work. Why did you delete a line? Shouldn't need to touch it before flashing.

My understanding is this line <step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />] usually causes RSD to give a fail message. But I got it all working.

umairkhalid415

Oct 2, 2013
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
@CrashXXL sir please can you provide me files for qualcomm emergency download tool to recover my phone..

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

i tried everything every file to recover my droid mini but failed i am very nervous .. i ruined my life ... feel weepin #tears #help me #please

DROID_4_UsEr

Sep 9, 2014
@CrashXXL sir please can you provide me files for qualcomm emergency download tool to recover my phone..

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

i tried everything every file to recover my droid mini but failed i am very nervous .. i ruined my life ... feel weepin #tears #help me #please

I think once your in that situation its very hard to get out of it. Did this happen during the root process??

umairkhalid415

Oct 2, 2013
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
I think once your in that situation its very hard to get out of it. Did this happen during the root process??

no sir i root device successfully .. i installed an app from play store ez s3bootloader to unlock bootloader of my droid mini i open app press unlock button.. i use device for 5 minutes then i myself power off device and device is not turning on ..i short the pins to get into qhsub dload mode ...

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

@crashXXL i tried blank flash o unbrick xml file through rsd lite in qhsusb mode .. file execute 99% then failed .. i found a file in rsd lite folder in c: drive i open that file there is somethin like this ...

08/22/2015, 00:21:03 | Line: 102 | ERROR: Read DMSS ACK/NAK Fail. | File: D:\gitview\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\BlankFlash\DMSSDownloadProtocol.cpp | Device ID: 0 |
08/22/2015, 00:21:36 | Line: 102 | ERROR: Read DMSS ACK/NAK Fail. | File: D:\gitview\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\BlankFlash\DMSSDownloadProtocol.cpp | Device ID: 0 |
08/22/2015, 00:21:53 | Line: 102 | ERROR: Read DMSS ACK/NAK Fail. | File: D:\gitview\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\BlankFlash\DMSSDownloadProtocol.cpp | Device ID: 0 |
08/22/2015, 00:24:04 | Line: 102 | ERROR: Read DMSS ACK/NAK Fail. | File: D:\gitview\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\BlankFlash\DMSSDownloadProtocol.cpp | Device ID: 0 |

Reactions: 我日你打夜

DROID_4_UsEr

Sep 9, 2014
no sir i root device successfully .. i installed an app from play store ez s3bootloader to unlock bootloader of my droid mini i open app press unlock button.. i use device for 5 minutes then i myself power off device and device is not turning on ..i short the pins to get into qhsub dload mode ...

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

@crashXXL i tried blank flash o unbrick xml file through rsd lite in qhsusb mode .. file execute 99% then failed .. i found a file in rsd lite folder in c: drive i open that file there is somethin like this ...

08/22/2015, 00:21:03 | Line: 102 | ERROR: Read DMSS ACK/NAK Fail. | File: D:\gitview\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\BlankFlash\DMSSDownloadProtocol.cpp | Device ID: 0 |
08/22/2015, 00:21:36 | Line: 102 | ERROR: Read DMSS ACK/NAK Fail. | File: D:\gitview\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\BlankFlash\DMSSDownloadProtocol.cpp | Device ID: 0 |
08/22/2015, 00:21:53 | Line: 102 | ERROR: Read DMSS ACK/NAK Fail. | File: D:\gitview\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\BlankFlash\DMSSDownloadProtocol.cpp | Device ID: 0 |
08/22/2015, 00:24:04 | Line: 102 | ERROR: Read DMSS ACK/NAK Fail. | File: D:\gitview\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\BlankFlash\DMSSDownloadProtocol.cpp | Device ID: 0 |

do you have qhsusb mode drivers installed because alot of people have problems with this driver not being installed??

Artimunor

Dec 12, 2012
Rotterdam

Dont you think if people that invent root methods by semibricking phones can't unlock the bootloader yet, it is a bit 'ambitious' to think some app in the playstore for an entirely different phone would do the trick?

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

My understanding is this line <step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />] usually causes RSD to give a fail message. But I got it all working.
Thats not the case here, when using RDS to flash the image it practically spams the console with getvar max-download-size messages, also the size of the download changes after that, so i think its an integral part of the operation.

Last edited:

Artimunor

Dec 12, 2012
Rotterdam
Debloated System Rom

Droid Maxx Android 4.4.4. SU6-7 Debloated System, including Busybox, Xposed, Droid Turbo Command Center widget and Viper4Android.

Make sure you have vanilla 6-7 flashed using RDS, copy the contents of the ROM to your python dir, run the break-bootloader and then the root .bat's like in the original post.
Method is exactly the same as in the OP, just the files being used are different.

Confirmed working:
-1.2 here and here
-1.0 here and here

System image:
Version 1.2
My flashing time: 10:18 to 10:43 = 25 minutes (measured with new commands in RUN_Root.bat, you can measure it for yourself now too: compare the first and the last echo commands in the dosbox)

XPosed Installer (2.6.1)
Official download location: http://dl-xda.xposed.info/modules/de.robv.android.xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d.apk
Install xposed installer app, download it from official download location provided above, open it, download framework, once that is done reboot phone, grant root and install modules you like.
Running XPrivacy and Gravity Box [KK] modules successfully myself.

Viper4Android:
Preinstalled as system app, credits go out to ViPER520 and zhuhang.
IRS (impulse response samples) starter pack can be found here

Version Log:

Code:
[URL="https://yadi.sk/d/RexD4iFiif9g3"]1.2[/URL]
Added:
[LIST]Viper4Android[/LIST]

Changed:
[LIST]Boot animation: removed flashing text.[/LIST]

[URL="https://yadi.sk/d/mrjdPh2mibK8R"]1.0[/URL]
Added: 
[LIST]Droid Turbo Command Center widget ([URL="http://www.androidgb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Droid-Turbo-Widget-.png"]example[/URL], [URL="http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/09/f6369281eb2c7c9f5df35b46109740dd.jpg"]another example[/URL])[/LIST]

Removed:
[LIST]
app/appdirectedsmspermission.apk
app/BasicDreams.apk
app/BasicDreams.odex
app/Books.apk
app/BrowserProviderProxy.apk
app/Bug2GoStub.apk
app/com.motorola.android.nativedropboxagent.apk
app/com.motorola.android.nativedropboxagent.odex
app/Facelock.apk
app/Galaxy4.apk
app/Galaxy4.odex
app/GooglePinyinlme.apk
app/HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk
app/HoloSpiralWallpaper.odex
app/Ingress.apk
app/LiveWallpapers.apk
app/LiveWallpapers.odex
app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
app/LiveWallpapersPicker.odex
app/Magazines.apk
app/MagicSmokeWallpaper.apk
app/MagicSmokeWallpaper.odex
app/MediaUploader
app/MotGeoFenceSvc.apk
app/MotGeoFenceSvc.odex
app/MotVzwLocationService.apk
app/MotVzwLocationService.odex
app/NoiseField.apk
app/NoiseField.odex
app/PartnerBookmarksProvider.apk
app/PartnerBookmarksProvider.odex
app/PhaseBeam.apk
app/PhaseBeam.odex
app/PhotoTable.apk
app/PhotoTable.odex
app/PlayGames.apk
app/Protips.apk
app/Protips.odex
app/RCSBootstraputil.apk
app/RcsImsBootstraputil.apk
app/SmartActionFW.apk
app/SmartActionFW.odex
app/talkback.apk
app/Videos.apk
app/VisualizationWallpapers.apk
app/VisualizationWallpapers.odex
app/VMWareReady.apk
app/vzapnpermission.apk
app/vznavigator.apk
app/vznavigator.apk
app/VZWAPNLib.apk
app/VZWAPNLib.apk
app/vzwapnpermission.apk
app/VZWAPNService.apk
app/VZWAPNService.apk
app/VzwSystemUiExt.apk
app/VzwSystemUiExt.odex
app/WAPPushManager.apk
app/WAPPushManager.odex

priv-app/3c_ota.apk
priv-app/3c_ota.odex
priv-app/Amazon_Appstore.apk
priv-app/Amazon_Audible.apk
priv-app/Amazon_IMDB.apk
priv-app/Amazon_Mobile.apk
priv-app/Amazon_mp3.apk
priv-app/Amazon_Widget.apk
priv-app/Amazon_Zipaligned.apk
priv-app/android-syncservice-app.apk
priv-app/AudioMonitor.apk
priv-app/AudioMonitorHelper.apk
priv-app/AudioMonitorHelper.odex
priv-app/BackupAssistanceClient.apk
priv-app/BackupAssistanceClient.odex
priv-app/BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk
priv-app/BackupRestoreConfirmation.odex
priv-app/BodyGuardApp.apk
priv-app/BodyGuardApp.odex
priv-app/BuaContactAdapter.apk
priv-app/BuaContactAdapter.odex
priv-app/BUAPLUS
priv-app/cmas.apk
priv-app/cmas.odex
priv-app/com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite.apk
priv-app/DemoMode.apk
priv-app/DemoMode.apk
priv-app/ECID_VWZ_Ultra.apk
priv-app/fswriter.apk
priv-app/fswriter.odex
priv-app/IsisWallet.apk
priv-app/Kindle.apk
priv-app/LMIRescueSecurity.apk
priv-app/LocalWipePolicyManager.apk
priv-app/LocalWipePolicyManager.odex
priv-app/MotoAssist.apk
priv-app/MotoAssist.odex
priv-app/MotoCare.apk
priv-app/MotoCare.odex
priv-app/MotoCareInt.apk
priv-app/MotoCareInt.odex
priv-app/MotoOneTimeInitializer.apk
priv-app/MyDroid.apk
priv-app/MyDroid.odex
priv-app/MyVerizon.apk
priv-app/NotificationTutorial.apk
priv-app/NotificationTutorial.odex
priv-app/SmartNotificaitonFWAdapter.apk
priv-app/SmartNotificaitonFWAdapter.odex
priv-app/VCastTones.apk
priv-app/VerizonSSOEngine.apk
priv-app/VMobileSecurity.apk
priv-app/VMyInfozone.apk
priv-app/VVM3.apk
priv-app/VVM3.odex
priv-app/VzwCbsLoader.apk
priv-app/VzwCbsLoader.odex
priv-app/VzwController.apk
priv-app/VzwController.odex
priv-app/VzwDeviceSetup.apk
priv-app/VzwDeviceSetup.odex
priv-app/VzwEntitlementService.apk
priv-app/VzwEntitlementService.odex
priv-app/VZWPackageInstaller.apk
priv-app/vzwPhoneExt.apk
priv-app/vzwPhoneExt.odex
priv-app/VzwPhoneService.apk
priv-app/VzwPhoneService.odex
priv-app/VzwSecureSettings.apk
priv-app/VzwSecureSettings.odex
priv-app/VzwSettingsExt.apk
priv-app/VzwSettingsExt.odex
priv-app/Zap.apk
priv-app/Zap.odex

framework/com.motorola.android.dropboxhelper.jar
framework/com.motorola.android.dropboxhelper.odex
vendor/amazon/Amazon_appstore_Obakem.apk
vendor/moto/audiomonitor/*
etc/motorola/MotoDemo/*
etc/bug2go/*
media/KnowYourDevice/*

changed bootanimation.zip
removed many horrible sounds from media/audio
removed boot sound media/droidpu.ogg
[/LIST]

Last edited:

DmdStar

Dec 27, 2005
Dodgeville, WI
I've done this on my Maxx probably a dozen times and never had to do that. Glad you got it.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

no sir i root device successfully .. i installed an app from play store ez s3bootloader to unlock bootloader of my droid mini i open app press unlock button.. i use device for 5 minutes then i myself power off device and device is not ...

Yeah, since this is not for your phone, or even a Motorola, you may have permanently bricked your phone. Sounds like you got through the root process ok, so that's not the problem. Probably should open another thread for your issue, but if RSD flash can't get you out of it, sorru to say but seems like you might need to start looking for a new phone.

inquisitive

Aug 22, 2007
Got everything working. Now, getting the notice "Install System Update". Have read this thread and others and can't find clear answer, how to turn off/disable OTA updates. Would like to keep phone set up just as I now have it with no "automatic" updates and no notices.

Have turned off Motorola OTA service and Motorola Update Service. Can no longer find the OTA service being listed anywhere, and the Update service restarts after reboot.

How do I turn off/disable OTA notices and prevent installation of already downloaded update?

Artimunor

Dec 12, 2012
Rotterdam
It's the 3c_ota.apk app doing that, its why i removed it from my debloated rom which you can see a few posts up.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app

crack.mech

Jun 12, 2011
Ambala/Bangalore
Got everything working. Now, getting the notice "Install System Update". Have read this thread and others and can't find clear answer, how to turn off/disable OTA updates. Would like to keep phone set up just as I now have it with no "automatic" updates and no notices.

Have turned off Motorola OTA service and Motorola Update Service. Can no longer find the OTA service being listed anywhere, and the Update service restarts after reboot.

How do I turn off/disable OTA notices and prevent installation of already downloaded update?
You can use Droidwall app from the play store and disable the motorpla updates using that.

crack.mech

Jun 12, 2011
Ambala/Bangalore
test-phase:
System image is like i want it to be now, can't detect anymore problems with it myself at this stage (had +/- 15 itterations of flashing over the past 2 weeks)
This system image is intended for myself, but i like to share it with you guys when it's ready, use at your own risk and please report bugs...
Currently this is in testing phase, so if you don't know what you are doing please wait untill some testers said it was safe.
When test-phase is complete i will make a more clear tutorial on how to install.

Make sure you have vanilla 6-7 flashed using RDS, copy the contents of ROM to your python dir, run the break-bootloader and root .bat's like in the original post.
Method is exactly the same just the files are different.

System image (test-phase):
https://yadi.sk/d/mrjdPh2mibK8R
My flashing time: 10:18 to 10:43 = 25 minutes (measured with new commands in RUN_Root.bat, you can measure it for yourself now too: compare the first and the last echo commands in the dosbox)

XPosed Installer (2.6.1)
official download location: http://dl-xda.xposed.info/modules/de.robv.android.xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d.apk
install xposed installer app, download it from official download location provided above, open it, download framework, once that is done reboot phone, grant root and install modules you like.
Running XPrivacy and Gravity Box [KK] successfully myself.

-Added:
Droid Turbo Command Center (example, another example)

-Removed:

app/appdirectedsmspermission.apk
app/BasicDreams.apk
app/BasicDreams.odex
app/Books.apk
app/BrowserProviderProxy.apk
app/Bug2GoStub.apk
app/com.motorola.android.nativedropboxagent.apk
app/com.motorola.android.nativedropboxagent.odex
app/Facelock.apk
app/Galaxy4.apk
app/Galaxy4.odex
app/GooglePinyinlme.apk
app/HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk
app/HoloSpiralWallpaper.odex
app/Ingress.apk
app/LiveWallpapers.apk
app/LiveWallpapers.odex
app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
app/LiveWallpapersPicker.odex
app/Magazines.apk
app/MagicSmokeWallpaper.apk
app/MagicSmokeWallpaper.odex
app/MediaUploader
app/MotGeoFenceSvc.apk
app/MotGeoFenceSvc.odex
app/MotVzwLocationService.apk
app/MotVzwLocationService.odex
app/NoiseField.apk
app/NoiseField.odex
app/PartnerBookmarksProvider.apk
app/PartnerBookmarksProvider.odex
app/PhaseBeam.apk
app/PhaseBeam.odex
app/PhotoTable.apk
app/PhotoTable.odex
app/PlayGames.apk
app/Protips.apk
app/Protips.odex
app/RCSBootstraputil.apk
app/RcsImsBootstraputil.apk
app/SmartActionFW.apk
app/SmartActionFW.odex
app/talkback.apk
app/Videos.apk
app/VisualizationWallpapers.apk
app/VisualizationWallpapers.odex
app/VMWareReady.apk
app/vzapnpermission.apk
app/vznavigator.apk
app/vznavigator.apk
app/VZWAPNLib.apk
app/VZWAPNLib.apk
app/vzwapnpermission.apk
app/VZWAPNService.apk
app/VZWAPNService.apk
app/VzwSystemUiExt.apk
app/VzwSystemUiExt.odex
app/WAPPushManager.apk
app/WAPPushManager.odex

priv-app/3c_ota.apk
priv-app/3c_ota.odex
priv-app/Amazon_Appstore.apk
priv-app/Amazon_Audible.apk
priv-app/Amazon_IMDB.apk
priv-app/Amazon_Mobile.apk
priv-app/Amazon_mp3.apk
priv-app/Amazon_Widget.apk
priv-app/Amazon_Zipaligned.apk
priv-app/android-syncservice-app.apk
priv-app/AudioMonitor.apk
priv-app/AudioMonitorHelper.apk
priv-app/AudioMonitorHelper.odex
priv-app/BackupAssistanceClient.apk
priv-app/BackupAssistanceClient.odex
priv-app/BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk
priv-app/BackupRestoreConfirmation.odex
priv-app/BodyGuardApp.apk
priv-app/BodyGuardApp.odex
priv-app/BuaContactAdapter.apk
priv-app/BuaContactAdapter.odex
priv-app/BUAPLUS
priv-app/cmas.apk
priv-app/cmas.odex
priv-app/com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite.apk
priv-app/DemoMode.apk
priv-app/DemoMode.apk
priv-app/ECID_VWZ_Ultra.apk
priv-app/fswriter.apk
priv-app/fswriter.odex
priv-app/IsisWallet.apk
priv-app/Kindle.apk
priv-app/LMIRescueSecurity.apk
priv-app/LocalWipePolicyManager.apk
priv-app/LocalWipePolicyManager.odex
priv-app/MotoAssist.apk
priv-app/MotoAssist.odex
priv-app/MotoCare.apk
priv-app/MotoCare.odex
priv-app/MotoCareInt.apk
priv-app/MotoCareInt.odex
priv-app/MyDroid.apk
priv-app/MyDroid.odex
priv-app/MyVerizon.apk
priv-app/NotificationTutorial.apk
priv-app/NotificationTutorial.odex
priv-app/SmartNotificaitonFWAdapter.apk
priv-app/SmartNotificaitonFWAdapter.odex
priv-app/VCastTones.apk
priv-app/VerizonSSOEngine.apk
priv-app/VMobileSecurity.apk
priv-app/VMyInfozone.apk
priv-app/VVM3.apk
priv-app/VVM3.odex
priv-app/VzwCbsLoader.apk
priv-app/VzwCbsLoader.odex
priv-app/VzwController.apk
priv-app/VzwController.odex
priv-app/VzwDeviceSetup.apk
priv-app/VzwDeviceSetup.odex
priv-app/VzwEntitlementService.apk
priv-app/VzwEntitlementService.odex
priv-app/VZWPackageInstaller.apk
priv-app/vzwPhoneExt.apk
priv-app/vzwPhoneExt.odex
priv-app/VzwPhoneService.apk
priv-app/VzwPhoneService.odex
priv-app/VzwSecureSettings.apk
priv-app/VzwSecureSettings.odex
priv-app/VzwSettingsExt.apk
priv-app/VzwSettingsExt.odex
priv-app/Zap.apk
priv-app/Zap.odex

framework/com.motorola.android.dropboxhelper.jar
framework/com.motorola.android.dropboxhelper.odex
vendor/amazon/Amazon_appstore_Obakem.apk
vendor/moto/audiomonitor/*
etc/motorola/MotoDemo/*
etc/bug2go/*
media/KnowYourDevice/*

removed many horrible sounds from media/audio
editted bootanimation.zip
removed boot sound media/droidpu.ogg

IMPORTANT NOTE: i removed 3c_ota.apk which is motorola's over the air system updater, this means the device will stop bothering you about the SU6-7.2 update, however if we ever get android 5x or 6 you need to flash stock again yourself using RDS lite to be able to take that update (but this is an easy task)

Nice job @Artimunor. Few apps I think are not really needed and can also be gotten rid of (can be installed from play store if needed):

app/Chrome.apk
app/CloudPrint.apk
app/Drive.apk
app/GMS_Mapsapk
app/GoogleTTS.apk
app/Hangouts.apk
app/HotspotLauncher.apk
app/HotspotLauncher.odex
app/HPLegacyPlugin.apk
app/ims.apk
app/ims.odex
app/PlusOne.apk
app/PreloadContacts.apk
app/PreloadContacts.odex
app/PrintSpooler.apk
app/PrintSpooler.odex
app/Quickoffice.apk
app/Street.apk
app/TagGoogle.apk
app/Translate.apk
app/YouTube.apk

priv-app/DriveActivator.apk
priv-app/DriveActivator.odex

I am sure many of these you have tried to remove, or may be you want to use, but I think these are not really needed, and can make the ROM even more light.

Last edited:

Artimunor

Dec 12, 2012
Rotterdam
Nice job @Artimunor. Few apps I think are not really needed and can also be gotten rid of (can be installed from play store if needed):

app/Chrome.apk
app/CloudPrint.apk
Drive.apk
GMS_Mapsapk
app/GoogleTTS.apk
app/Hangouts.apk
app/HotspotLauncher.apk
app/HotspotLauncher.odex
app/HPLegacyPlugin.apk
app/ims.apk
app/ims.odex
app/LatinImeGoogle.apk
app/PlusOne.apk
app/PreloadContacts.apk
app/PreloadContacts.odex
app/PrintSpooler.apk
app/PrintSpooler.odex
app/Quickoffice.apk
app/Street.apk
app/TagGoogle.apk
app/Translate.apk
app/YouTube.apk

priv-app/DriveActivator.apk
priv-app/DriveActivator.odex
priv-app/GmsCore.apk
priv-app/Weather.apk
priv-app/Weather.odex

I am sure many of these you have tried to remove, or may be you want to use, but I think these are not really needed, and can make the ROM even more light.

Weather.apk is needed for the command center (which i kinda like)

I actually use gapp's myself, but i guess you are right, that they can be installed from the play store, it's outdated versions anyway.
However as long as Play Store and Google Services are installed it doesn't really matter for privacy. (I guess you gotta be content then with just google aggregating what you are doing, and not a bunch of companies)
XPrivacy helps though, by restricting apps access to specific data, and spoofing it with randomness where wanted.

I will look into removing more.
Wondering if it's possible to also reduce the sytem's footprint somehow, if more and more app's will not be installed on the system partition anymore but taking up space from the remaining partition.

Last edited:

crack.mech

Jun 12, 2011
Ambala/Bangalore
@Artimunor: Woops! I added the keyboard (app/LatinImeGoogle.apk) for removal! Updated the list now.
Also, I was wondering if the files in '/tts/nuance/' are really needed.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Weather.apk is needed....
Wondering if it's possible to also reduce the sytem's footprint somehow, if more and more app's will not be installed on the system partition anymore but taking up space from the remaining partition.

I am not sure if the system footprint itself can be reduced. The partition table has 2GB space dedicated for system, and I don't think we can mess with the partition table or other things. BL is locked.. :-|

DROID_4_UsEr

Sep 9, 2014

ok mabye you don't want the update but you can update you phone to the next build update.SU6-7.2 and since they're isn't a new update here that'll break root you should be fine updating. Just when the Lollipop update comes you'll brick your phone. I'm on 4.4.4 build SU6-7.2 and I kept my root access and su app with no issues. ☺ Don't know if I was lucky. the stupid update notification got me mad so I updated and every things fine ?

Artimunor

Dec 12, 2012
Rotterdam
@Artimunor: Woops! I added the keyboard (app/LatinImeGoogle.apk) for removal! Updated the list now.
Also, I was wondering if the files in '/tts/nuance/' are really needed.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

I am not sure if the system footprint itself can be reduced. The partition table has 2GB space dedicated for system, and I don't think we can mess with the partition table or other things. BL is locked.. :-|

But then, if i leave for example maps on the system (the old version) will the new version also be on the system partition after it updated?
With some of those google apps it could make a few hundred MB difference for your normal partition if that was the case.
If it will anyway install the updates in the normal partition and not on the system partition then it does not matter, space wise.

DROID_4_UsEr

Sep 9, 2014
But then, if i leave for example maps on the system (the old version) will the new version also be on the system partition after it updated?
With some of those google apps it could make a few hundred MB difference for your normal partition if that was the case.
If it will anyway install the updates in the normal partition and not on the system partition then it does not matter, space wise.

You have a very good point there Android partitions are quite confusing to me but mabye some one can help clarify it to me?? Please

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

@DmdStar can you help me?? I'm trying to install busy box but I can't because it can't write to system? Any idea how to get busy box

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All developments are carried out thanks to donations on Purchase of these or other devices
    thank

Please do not copy files to other file shares
    the project is under constant development and refinement

Root available on 4.4.4 SU6-7 Version 1.02 for Full Flash Stock SU6-7
    Root SuperSU v2.46
    XPosed 2.6.1 -> here https://yadi.sk/d/WDUlvQgtiQNbv/Droid/4.4.4 SU6-7
    BusyBox v30
    Write Protect=1

This method tested on Droid Mini XT1030 SU6-7 (non OTA Update)
    This method tested on Droid MAXX XT1080m SU6-7 (non OTA Update)
    This method tested on Droid Ultra XT1080 SU6-7 (non OTA Update)

Method takes about 10-30 min, 1 steps.

DISCLAIMER
    Author is not responsible for totally bricked devices, broken arms, legs, plane crashes and your wife's cheating.
    All actions taken is your own risk.

You:
    - shouldn't be afraid of Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008;
    - do not change any files, pathes;
    - can install drivers manually;
    - need to install python-2.7.9 and pyserial-2.7.win32;
    - unzipp _Root_4.4.4_VZW_SU6-7_BL_V30.BA_Stock.rar to C:\Python27;

Method is dangerous, however gives results.

you must have firmware SU6-7 receiving is not in the form of an update (OTA) and stitched through the RSD Lite (SU4-21 contains specific certificate and can be unlocked with SunShine).
    00 Flash CFC-obakem_verizon-user-4.4.4-SU6-7-release-keys.xml firmware
    01 Unzipp everything to C:\Python27.
    02 Run BLBROKE.bat.
    03 After you got Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008, install drivers manually
    04 Run RUN_Root.bat. Parts XX of system.
    05 Turn device on. Now you have SU6.7 STOCK PreRooted

installed application Xposed 2.6.1
    Xposed launched clicked install, reboot your phone
    I see that the application is launched is set app_process 58 (pre-installed in the system) and XPosedBridge.jar 54 version (made with the application)
    then uploaded GravityBox [KK], a check mark, the next reboot, and everything works

Please do not copy files to other file shares
    the project is under constant development and refinement

Drivers, Soft there -> https://yadi.sk/d/p458Cy0XineRC
    Scripts, ROM there -> https://yadi.sk/d/WDUlvQgtiQNbv/Droid/4.4.4 SU6-7

All Firmwares here -> https://yadi.sk/d/MCliEyCPfj7ZZ/DROID.MINI.ULTRA.MAXX

tested -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2669404

FAQ
    Q Will Sunshine be able to be used in conjunction with this to achieve an unlocked BL?
    A No, the latest firmware which was supported unlock SU4-21

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyDnN3_hAmA
    Instructions

This entire method is the work of user @CrashXXL. I am ONLY writing it up like this to make the instructions as plain as possible for anyone to follow. All credit goes to crashxxl for this awesome hack. Normal warnings, it isn’t my fault, and it isn’t crashxxl’s fault if your phone gets ****ed up because you messed up the process or didn’t read things through carefully. This is an AT YOUR OWN RISK situation. If you can’t afford to lose your phone, don’t do this.

WHAT THIS ACHIEVES: This will give your phone root access but WILL NOT turn off /system write protection.
    WARNING: THIS WIPES ALL DATA ON YOUR PHONE. Backup any pictures or files you have stored there that you want to keep. UPDATE: YOU CAN KEEP ALL DATA WITH THE XML FILE LINKED IN THE FILES SECTION, but I would still recommend backing things up. Seriously, it's your data. Back it up.

This method works on the following phones:
    - Droid Mini XT1030 SU6-7
    - Droid MAXX XT1080m SU6-7
    - Droid Ultra XT1080 SU6-7

NEEDED FILES
    RSD Lite

Motorola Drivers – (if you don’t have these, or know if you have them, get them)

This firmware, CFC-obakem_verizon-user-4.4.4-SU6-7-release-keys.xml.zip

Both of the Files here

Edited XML file to maintain data in reflash. Thank you user @chuck864 for providing this!

THE PROCESS (Do yourself a favor, start with a fully charged phone)
    1.) Install RSD Lite

2.) Install Motorola Drivers

3.) Open the Soft_and_Drivers.zip and extract the files. Install Python 2.7.9 first, and then install pyserial 2.7. This should create a Python27 folder on your C: drive (or other base computer drive). This will be our working folder. Extract the windows_drivers_QHSUSB_DLOAD.zip to the Python27 folder for safe keeping. You might not need this.

4.) Extract everything in the Root_SU6-7_Stock.rar to the Python27 folder.

5.) Create a folder in Python27 called “444” and extract the CFC-obakem_verizon-user-4.4.4-SU6-7-release-keys.xml.zip to that folder. IF YOU WISH TO SAVE THE DATA ON YOUR PHONE, now extract the Edited XML file you downloaded above and copy it into your 444 folder and replace the old version of the file. This one has been edited to allow you to keep your data during the next step.

6.) Power down your phone entirely and boot into FASTBOOT. You do this by holding down the POWER and the VOLUME DOWN button at the same time for ten seconds. When you release them you'll be in FASTBOOT. Now plug your phone into your computer (NOT INTO A USB 3.0 PORT, those are off limits for this whole install), and run RSD Lite. Click the “…” next to the blank space that says “filename” and navigate to the “444” folder you just extracted. Select the XML file and click “ok”. Now click “Start” and wait for the process to run and for your phone to reboot. IF THIS PROCESS FAILS and you get something that says “failed flashing process, unknown fastboot command,” then you need to go into the XML file in your “444” folder and delete the line <step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />. Then start STEP 6 over again and it should work this time.

7.) After the reboot, boot your phone into FASTBOOT. This is done by powering down your phone all the way (make sure you are not plugged into your USB cable) and then press and hold the POWER and VOLUME DOWN (at least on the Maxx) button on your phone at the same time. Hold this for about ten seconds and then let go. You’ll be in fastboot.

8.) Run BLBROKE.bat from your Python27 folder. This will run a script that is essentially bricking your phone. Your screen will go black. Leave it alone for a minute or two, and then open up your “Devices and Printers” control panel frame and see if you have something listed called qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008. If you do, go to STEP 9. If you do not, try unplugging your phone from your computer, and then plugging it back in. Wait for it to be recognized. If you STILL don’t have qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 listed under Devices and Printers, go to device manager and look for it RIGHT HERE.

It will probably be listed as “Unknown Device”. If this is the case, open up the “Unknown Device” and click “Update Driver” and then “Browse Computer.” Remember the windows_drivers_QHSUSB_DLOAD.zip you extracted in STEP 3? Navigate to that folder and tell it to look for the drivers there. It will find them. Install, and you’re good to go! You may need to unplug your phone and plug it back in, but you might not.

IF YOU CANNOT GET THE DRIVER TO INSTALL, it is probably because you need to allow the running of unsigned drivers. Do a google search for "allow unsigned drivers" and your version of windows. This tutorial is long enough without adding that process to it.

9.) Run RUN_ROOT from your Python27 folder. This process will take anywhere from 45 minutes up to 3 or 4 hours depeding on the phone. The last section to be flashed is section 86. Just wait it out. Watch some TV. Play a game. When it’s done, your phone will reboot and you will have root.

FINISHED!

FAQ

q. Will sunshine work?
    a. No, sunshine will not work after this method.

q. Can I install and use (insert an app name here)?
    a. Any root app can be installed and used, BUT if the app takes access to /system to work then you will have to bake-in the app and reflash your phone to get it working. It’s not a simple process. Xposed has been baked in by @basestamp already and the link to that can be found RIGHT HERE.

q. How do I get into FASTBOOT?
    a. Well, if you didn't read Step 7 where it tells you how to do this already, here is how this is done (again): Power the device off completely and make sure it's not plugged in. Now hold down the POWER and VOLUME DOWN button for about ten seconds and then let them go. This will get you into fastboot.

q. I need busybox. How do I install it?
    a. User @thenameisnigel has your back here. Here is the process:

1. Download busybox from RIGHT HERE.

2. Use a root file explorer to copy the files to your system/xbin folder.

3. Open terminal and type busybox --install /system/xbin

4. SOFT reboot your phone.

5. Done.

q. Hey, none of the changes I made to system/ stuck after I rebooted my phone. What gives?!
    a. NO CHANGES TO SYSTEM/ WILL PERSIST AFTER A HARD REBOOT. NONE.

Also, if you love this Root setup as much as I do, PLEASE consider donating to CrashXXL! He has done great work on this and donations help keep folks like him working on innovations for us.

*EDIT: If @CrashXXL would like to link this from the first post he is welcome to do so. It might slow down some of the repeat questions we're getting.
    I accidentally restarted my pc during the process.
    Any idea how to fix ?
    Code:
    Sending SBL Reset...
    LOG:  Cannot reset before close
    ERROR: 0x0000000f: Cannot reset before close
    nevermind: I added the closeTTY before the reset in the script

I've finally gotten Xposed baked on system. It survives reboots. I've tested Gravitybox & Greenify(donation), which both work.
    If anyone wants to test it, I've attached the zip below. Extract it into the Python27 folder and run "BLBROKE" & then "Run_Xposed.bat". Make sure your device already has root.
    Then, grab the Xposed 2.7.1 (v33) APK and install the framework.

Download Link

Let us know how it goes for you.
    If I do not write something new that does not mean that he gave up work on Projects

possibly sooner or later get full access to the list of systems
    as an opportunity to get to unlock the bootloader or disable security bootloader phone

different users sometimes make donations, thanks to them I was able to repair the phone and buy an engineering sample that does not work WiFi and Camera
    but using it I do different firmware for all Motorola phone that is built on MSM8960T
    There are two different states you can end up in during this process that seem scary, but aren't really.

1. The repeating M logo.
    This means that you didn't flash the Su6-7 linked in this thread. While in this loop you can still access safeboot by holding power and volume down when booting the phone.

2. The black screen that makes the USB connect noises when plugged into the computer.
    This is where you want to be when you run Run_Root.bat This will load into a long but effective process of flashing the root image over the Su6-installed earlier.

The complete process should look like this:

1. Acquire all needed files
    The Su6-7 Rom, and the package OP provided with all the tools in it.
    2. Install Python and Pyserial and RSD Lite if you don't have it.
    3. Reboot into Fastboot (power off phone, and then power on with Power and Volume Down held for ten seconds, then release).
    4. Open RSD Lite and flash the Su6-7 rom you downloaded above.
    5. Reboot into Fastboot again.
    6. Run BLBROKE.bat (this is going to brick your phone, which will put it in the state it needs to be in for the next step the screen will be BLACK and it won't look powered on, but if you plug and unplug your USB cable you'll hear the windows connect/disconnect sound)***
    7. Run Run_root.bat and wait for it to finish. You phone will reboot and be rooted.

*** If you go into devices and printers you'll have a device called Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008, that means your computer is seeing the phone and has the right driver installed for it to run step 7.

Yes in the beginning, I've tried to redo it and now I have no idea whats going on with my phone.
    Fastboot is not visible at all.

Were you in fastboot when you started the flash?