[ROM] [Hybrid-X] [Lollipop 5.0 & 5.1.1] [Pre-Rooted+Mods+AEL-Kernel] [8/25/2015]

Search This thread

psoc4524

Mar 24, 2011
Yes, I did not, i do still have the custom recovery how do i remove that? Also i dnt have Odin.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Yes, I did not, i do still have the custom recovery how do i remove that? Also i dnt have Odin.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app
You should truly work on getting your PC functional for KIES and/or Odin. It's becoming very difficult for rooted users to return to stock to satisfy the partition scans to not return that message you got.

You've got a conundrum going on there. If you prefer root with the latest update, make it happen. I'd suggest taking it to Q&A since it doesn't pertain to development or this ROM.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Txdaredvl

Dec 27, 2010
To the problem i had with the no signal issue. I used oden to update the baseband and modem. And did not do the update to tar that was suggested as i was worried i would lose my bootloader(ob7). So for those who are having the same issue that are on the ob7 rom trying to update to this awesome rom. Use this http://xdaforums.com/note-4-sprint/development/romstockishno-knox-8-7-15-sprint-t3174350 it will have the info to update the baseband and let you keep the same bootloader and then use the latest update that is here. It already will have updated the data needed for this rom. Works like a champ. Thank you for the awesome work. Sorry for any typos or if rambled some. To much going here while typing this.

Welbornsad

Jul 23, 2015
Just downloaded the newest 3.0 and I'm still not getting service I'm running a custom rom now with service just fine idk what's wrong can anyone help I can't post a picture but do have a pic of my rom I'm running now it's 5.0.1 The Noterized ROM thanks in advance

Txdaredvl

Dec 27, 2010
i had the same problem

Just downloaded the newest 3.0 and I'm still not getting service I'm running a custom rom now with service just fine idk what's wrong can anyone help I can't post a picture but do have a pic of my rom I'm running now it's 5.0.1 The Noterized ROM thanks in advance
Use the link in my last post. I have had no errors and no service issues at all. I was on ob7 rom. Did the odin and then was still able to run my rom i had although it showed a baseband updated with the 5.0.1 software. I then backed up through twrp and wiped 3 times wipe all exept the sd storage.
I have ran the heck out of it to see if it will give an error. None at all.

Welbornsad

Jul 23, 2015
Use the link in my last post. I have had no errors and no service issues at all. I was on ob7 rom. Did the odin and then was still able to run my rom i had although it showed a baseband updated with the 5.0.1 software. I then backed up through twrp and wiped 3 times wipe all exept the sd storage.
I have ran the heck out of it to see if it will give an error. None at all.

Can I use mobile Odin? I don't have a computer u rooted my phone at a friend's house

Txdaredvl

Dec 27, 2010

Can I use mobile Odin? I don't have a computer u rooted my phone at a friend's house

I wouldnt. To play it safe i would use a pc for it so you know it is done correctly.

artorres283

Dec 30, 2013
I can BUT any mods that are in framework would not be available in the odexed version... such as 5-way reboot, high-volume warning mod. Beside those few mods, odexed would be a great setup. I can live without 5-way reboot but high-volume warning disabled is something that would be hard to go without... I'll make an odexed version tonight or very soon.

I have not made any of the apps in my rom multi-dpi compatible. I personally have no need for that. You will have to do this on your own. As for theming, yes I'm beginning to theme the rom in black/dark theme with light fonts. It will take some time because nearly every apk in the rom has to be modified/themed or else you will have black backgrounds here and white backgrounds there and white fonts on this screen and black fonts on others. I will not put out a theme that is like that. I either do it complete or not at all. This takes a lot of time as well. If you are experienced with Android themes & styles, etc and know what you're doing then send me a PM. I could use the help. If you aren't that experienced then hold off and let me get the dark them done.

framework.jar is modified but I did not disable the ime/keyboard notification. That's a simple mod. I might include it in a future release. It doesn't bother me.

The default kernel configs are done by @friedrich420. Changing settings in Synapse is recommended for experienced people only. If you're not familiar and/or experienced in this stuff then I highly recommend leaving Synapse alone. You don't need to change anything from stock configs. If you feel the need to tweak the kernel configs then do yourself a favor and educate yourself on these settings first. then decide if you want to tweak the kernel configs. I personally don't mess with the kernel configs because it works as the kernel dev has it setup. If it's not broke you don't need to fix it. This is my advice.

Yes framework.jar is modified. Framework-res and twframework-res are not modified... yet. So any mods that include framework.jar, services.jar, android.policy.jar, secsettings, systemui WILL break the mods in my rom. Just request the mods you want and I will make flashable zips specifically for this rom so not to break anything.

Exactly. Over amping the led can cause it to go bad prematurely or all of a sudden. I'm not willing to change the default configs that Samsung uses for the led torchlight because that would be forcing it upon everybody and putting their phones at risk.

I have not had time to test this yet. But I'm thinking you will want to create a profile specifically for AUX output to your car's stereo system. You will want to figure out what works and what doesn't by plugging it into your stereo and playing with the settings in V4A and Dolby ATMOS. With this said I think most likely you will need to turn off Dolby Atmos completely and only use V4A when connected to your stereo's AUX jack. Your car stereo already has built in audio enhancements as well so the idea is to start your testing with V4A turned off and all of its settings disabled and go through them one at a time while listening to the music in your car. Once you get it how you want it then save that V4A profile and name it AUX-AUDIO-OUT or whatever you want. Let us know what you determine to work best and share your settings. Good luck.

No. Not at all. These audio mods/engines are built into the rom and are used even without turning on ViPER4Android or Dolby ATMOS. V4A and Dolby ATMOS are simply "extensions" with a user interface for tweaking the audio even more. So no, you don't have to turn either of these apps on to enjoy the pre-installed audio mods.

I modified the manifest for all of the apps that are in the "Advanced utilities" section in settings. So they are not supposed to show up in the app drawer but only show in the settings menu. If you update one of those apps it should still show in settings as well as the app drawer. If you put s6 apps in my rom you will start breaking things. Use s6 apps/mods in the stock deodexed rom for better results. I know exactly why those apps no longer show up in settings. You must have changed secsettings somehow because all of the apps in "Advanced utilities" all have the same package and action identifiers so even if you update them they will still show up in settings.. unless the app dev changes the package id of the app which I highly doubt. Remove the s6 stuff and do that on the stock deodexed rom instead.

New build of 3.0 is currently uploading again. this will include the private mode fix and be the final 3.0 release until a new release is done which will be a while.

This is EXACTLY how people should approach the audio mods with V4A and dolby atmos. I couldn't have said it better myself.
So definitely use this advice and you will figure it out easily. Definetely start out with dolby atmos turned off as it increases the gain dramatically out of the box... which i'm working on turning it off by default for future releases.
Thanks alot for the advice tx didnt realize tha fredrich configured them i assumed that they were the stock settings thank you for the rom its amazing

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2012
2.3 sms problem

I have 2.3 deoxed and their seems to be a problem that seems to be keeps on coming in the most random of times and its quite annoying. The person who I mainly text has an Iphone and I will not receive those texts yet they can receive mine. Any ideas on what to do? Update PRL profule? Thank you.

jaymaj

Apr 6, 2011
Buffalo, NY
First of all, thank you for one outstanding ROM. Everything loaded perfect following the OP step by step.

Came across an issue yesterday: phone battery was run all the way down to shutoff (was at a football stadium). Upon charging and restarting, phone was lagging and "Process system isn't responding" error became persistent. Took a reflash of 3.0 to fix, but the shutdown definately did some damage.

I hardly ever run battery down to shutdown state, so I have no comparison with past ROMs. Just wanted to post the issue I had.

Thank you again.

Reactions: tx_dbs_tx

xyojimbox

Aug 12, 2010
I have 2.3 deoxed and their seems to be a problem that seems to be keeps on coming in the most random of times and its quite annoying. The person who I mainly text has an Iphone and I will not receive those texts yet they can receive mine. Any ideas on what to do? Update PRL profule? Thank you.

Did you ever have an iphone before? If so tell them to turn off imessage when they text you. Should work then

schlepprock

Jan 10, 2014
Archdale NC
Just installed 3.0. Very smooth so far..love it. Just one question, is it possible to add the font package from 2.2 to 3.0? If so can someone tell me how? Thanks...

from my Hybrid Note4

Reactions: BubZX

wineguy

Nov 21, 2009
Running Hybrid X for a few hours now...The only thing I've come across is trying to use folders on my homescreen. Using Apex Launcher Pro, I am able to create the folder, add apps to the folder, but when I try to open the folder to access the apps, it's just a white block. Any ideas?
Also just realized that one page in my app list is blank as well. Froze Apex and used TW with no problem. Is this an known issue for Apex on 5.1.1??

Last edited:

fastmikey1969

Jul 18, 2008
Loving the rom. I just noticed that I couldn't backup to my external SD card so reminder to use an SD card write fix tool, looks like it's not baked into the rom.

richardjrdeal

Feb 21, 2012
Murfreesboro
To the problem i had with the no signal issue. I used oden to update the baseband and modem. And did not do the update to tar that was suggested as i was worried i would lose my bootloader(ob7). So for those who are having the same issue that are on the ob7 rom trying to update to this awesome rom. Use this http://xdaforums.com/note-4-sprint/development/romstockishno-knox-8-7-15-sprint-t3174350 it will have the info to update the baseband and let you keep the same bootloader and then use the latest update that is here. It already will have updated the data needed for this rom. Works like a champ. Thank you for the awesome work. Sorry for any typos or if rambled some. To much going here while typing this.

Freeza's stuff is what I used first. It was all good and worked like a charm. However...bout a "7" on the instructions though...luckily I was able to pay attention and pic the right combo, making it possible to take this Rom....OB7 bootloader, OG5 baseband.

Attachments

• 1440991355327.jpg
    1440991355327.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 785

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sprint Hybrid ROM Series​
    LOLLIPOP 5.1.1

(Android 5.0.1 ROMs are in post #2)

I bring to you a Hybrid Sprint N910PVPU4COG5 ROM. Built from the official Samsung OG5 tar ball. The initial ROM release is available in Odexed and Deodexed. Both are identical beside being odexed or deodexexd. The ROM will self root upon flash and it has init.d/busybox support (to be determined once we have a kernel that supports it). Knox and Sprint Itson has been removed completely. The "Basic" ROM includes the stock pre-rooted OG5 "Beastmode" kernel provided by @freeza

Other than a few small mods and the REMOVAL of Knox, Sprint Itson and several pre-installed "bloat" apps, this ROM is stock in every other way. I spent a lot of time with root and the updater-script to make it flash and pre-root as it should with no hassles. I DO NOT give permission for ANYONE to use this ROM or any future version of it for your own ROM base or any other derivative of my ROM. So don't do it! I will build a stock base ROM soon and it can be used for other peoples' projects. Thank you. Enjoy!

About ROMs:
    Hybrid Sprint N910PVPU4COG5 ROM **initial release for Android 5.1.1 software rev. OG5**
    • New base ROM built from the official Android 5.1.1 software version N910PVPU4COG5
    • Removed Sprint Itson and Knox
    • Pre-Rooted and SuperSU is pre-installed
    • Odexed version has the stock fully odexed frameworks utilizing ART (Android Runtime)
    • Deodexed 100% system and frameworks (best for future mods and Xposed, if and when it gets updated for Android 5.1.1)
    • Official OG5 modem and APN's included in the ROM zip
    • Updated all system apps (deodexed version only)
    • Ability to change view type in settings
    • Hotspot enabled by default
    • Voice call recording enabled
    • Camera shutter sound option enabled
    • Disabled usb connect/disconnect screen wake
    • Disabled auto-correction patent. (Thanks to "Crapple")
    • Call/Message blocking enabled in settings
    • Application permissions in settings
    • That's about it for this first release... more to come!!!!!

Hybrid-X 3.0 **X-Series is a more heavily modded, tweaked and themed rom**
    • All features from Hybrid Sprint N910PVPU4COG5 ROM
    • N4_AELKernel_5_1_1_NA_Ed_v2_190815 by: friedrich420
      http://www.echoerom.com/thread/1453-5-1-1-kernel-n910t-n910p-ael-kernel-north-american-ed-v2/
    • ViPER4Android with the following built-in enhancements/engines
      MegaBassBeats by: @DeHuMaNiZeD
      AwesomeBeats by: @...Awesome...
      HTK Audio Engine by: @kien_vip
      Super Pure Audio v2.0 by: @Jeeko
      Pon Audio by: @mrchezco1995
      Dolby ATMOS
    • Dolby ATMOS by: @worstenbrood
    • 5-way reboot w/safe mode
    • Flashlight toggle (still needs work. DO NOT attempt to move the toggle or it WILL disappear!)
    • Added checkbox to enable/disable brightness slider in notification panel settings
    • High-Volume warning disabled
    • Disabled ascending ringtone (no more quiet ringtone in first two seconds of incoming calls) removed until fixed
    • Added more volume controls to volume popup window
    • Added "Advanced utilities" section into settings for the built in utilities below
      Viper4Android audio
      Dolby ATMOS
      Synapse
      Galaxy Tools
      Color Manager
      Bitdefender antivirus
      Adaware
    • Long press volume to skip music tracks (coming in the future. not working for 5.1.1. Still working on it)
    • Removed Sfinder & Qconnect from notification panel (I will make a flashable zip to add it back)
    • Netflix works out of the box. (more information on this can be found in the MODS section post #3)
    • Build.prop tweaks

Important Note: Before flashing this ROM. you MUST first have done one of the following: Taken the Lollipop OB7 ota update OR odin flashed the stock N910PVPU1BOB7_N910PSPT1BOB7_SPR rom tar or NEWER Lollipop build such as OE1, OF5 or OFG. If you are still on ANY KK based rom (including any KK AOSP/CM based roms) then you MUST first update to Lollipop by one of the two methods I mentioned above, BEFORE flashing this ROM. If you are still on the first Lollipop 5.0 OB7 rom or a stock/custom KitKat ROM and have NEVER updated to Lollipop before then I highly recommend flashing my custom OB7/OG5 rom tar found HERE. Read that thread for more information.

Flashing Instructions
    ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***

1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal storage to another location.

2. Download the rom using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).

3. VERIFY the md5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the AFH md5 using a md5 tool on your pc. (Google is your friend).

4. Put the downloaded rom onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.

Before you go any further you need to odin flash the latest TWRP (recovery). Uncheck the "auto-reboot" option in the Odin tool before flashing TWRP. Once it finishes flashing, press and hold the home button, volume down and power button for several seconds until it reboots then QUICKLY press and hold home, volume UP and the power button and it will reboot to recovery without the need to do a battery pull. Otherwise continue to the next steps below.

5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the samsusung logo then release all buttons.

6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to do a "Data" wipe. This will wipe all of your internal storage so MAKE SURE you backed up first like i said in step #1 above! Then go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended on first time flashing Lollipop.

7. Choose the "Install" option and select the rom "Hybrid_Sprint_N910PVPU4COG5_Deodexed" from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the rom and give a confirmation once completed.

8. Press "Reboot" then "reboot system".

9. Initial rom setup will take around 10 minutes and remain on the yellow Sprint Spark screen for much longer than what you are used to. Let the phone setup/optimize for at least 10 minutes and the screen WILL eventually turn off OR show the setup wizard screen once it finishes.

10. When you see the screen turn off, you can proceed with the setup wizard. Once finished with setup wizard, you will be prompted for the "connections optimizer". Quickly set it to what you want and close it. That's it! You're done! Setup your rom as usual. Enjoy![/B]

WARNING: Flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device. However I do take great time and effort to ensure all of my work is tested and verified good before releasing to the public.

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    Sprint Hybrid X Series - OB7,OG5, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    tx_dbs_tx, Goldie, tdunham, daxgirl, freeza, idone, rwilco12, lacoursiere18 , CNexus, majdinj
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OG5 for Android 5.1.1
    Based On: ALL_SPT_N910PVPU4COG5_N910PSPT4COG5_CL5303209_QB5691107_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-27

Created 2014-11-29
    Last Updated 2015-08-29
    Sprint Hybrid ROM Series​
    LOLLIPOP 5.0.1
    (Android 5.1.1 ROMs are in post #1 above)

About ROM:

For those of you who want your phone to have that pure stock look, feel and reliability along with the extra features that should have come on the phone straight out of the box..... this ROM is for you. It is completely stock other than disabled knox, root and some added features which will make you Happy Happy Happy!!!

This is the ROM that should have come on your phone when you opened the box. For my "Basic" ROMs the list of extra features will be limited because these are the base ROMs for all future builds which will include more features, mods, theme, etc.. What this means is that these stock "base" ROMs (along with it's few extra features) will remain just as they are and will NOT be changed, themed or modded in any way, unless an issue arises which I will fix. Later on, as time permits, I will release modified/themed versions which will have even more added features, tweaks and mild theming. This is the Hybrid Series ROM, which basically means combining the best mods & features from different devices and developers from XDA and making it better and more enjoyable, while at the same time giving you that reliable stock look and feel which you know so well. This is not an over the top themed rom. There's no developer signatures, names or logos throughout the ROM. I always keep everything looking clean professional and stock with no flamboyant icons, colors etc. This is my personal ROM that I use. It will progress and remain true to these standards. Enjoy!!!

* Software version: N910PVPU1BOB7_N910PSPT1BOB7 LOLLIPOP
    ( 5.01)
    * Rooted.
    * Stock kernel
    * Knox removed
    * Sprint "Itson" removed
    * Init-d support
    * Deodexed and Odexed versions available
    * De-bloated (all Samsung apps left in)
    * call/message blocking in settings
    * native call recording (record button is available during calls)
    *100% everything works
    *WiFi Hotspot and USB tether mod
    *Advanced Power/ 4-Way Reboot mod (deodexed version only. odexed framework does not support this mod as well as a few other mods)
    *Flashlight toggle mod (mod done by me and include my own personal "stock" flashlight icons)
    *Additional notification toggles
    *more mods coming soon...

***This Basic OB7 X-Series ROM will not be changed or updated. More features will be included in future builds of Hybrid X-Series ROM which can be found below***

Install Instructions:

If coming from stock NIE or NK2 KitKat rom you MUST first take the Lollipop ota update OR Odin flash the stock Lollipop OB7 ROM tar found HERE
    Thanks @-viperboy- for uploading the stock OB7 tar! This is MANDATORY that you do this before flashing any stock or custom lollipop rom via recovery. NO EXCEPTIONS. There are necessary carrier partitions and updated bootloader etc that must be written to your device for Lollipop. BEFORE you Odin the stock OB7 rom tar you MUST reboot into recovery and do a factory reset AND wipe everything (except micro sd-card) several times. If you don't do this you will have left over data that will cause issues once you odin flash OB7. You have been warned. If you ignore these instructions then you are to blame for not following these simple instructions. Once you do these steps and you're on the stock Lollipop OB7 rom you can proceed to the Instructions below

* Flash using the latest version of TWRP custom recovery
    1. Download my ROM zip file and copy it to either your internal storage or external micro-sd card.
    2. Reboot into custom recovery. Do a factory reset. Then wipe cache, wipe dalvic cache and wipe system. Wipe each three times for good
    measure. DO NOT ACCIDENTLY WIPE MICRO SD CARD!!!
    3. Choose Install and select the rom zip file
    * Lollipop flashes take a few seconds longer than KK roms. Once it finishes, choose reboot system. First boot will take around 15 minutes.
    When the screen turns off it's ready for user setup.
    * Done!!!
    * Enjoy your fully working stock Hybrid Edition ROM!!!

Hybrid_X-Series_2.0_Base_Odexed​

DOWNLOAD
    Hybrid_X-Series_2.0_Base_Deodexed​

***Although donations aren't mandatory, every donation would be GREATLY appreciated***
    It lets me know that my work and efforts are appreciated. Use the link below my avatar. Thank you!!!

================================================

Sprint Hybrid X-Series

This is a more custom modded rom. Beginning with version 2.1 you can expect more mods, tweaks etc. Roms in this section will still maintain a "stock" look and feel throughout. Read the changelogs for more details.

Hybrid X-Series 2.1

( 5.01)
    * Rooted.
    * Emotion kernel [nightly-r12-SM-N910P] (More details are on the official kernel thread found HERE)
    * Knox removed
    * Sprint "Itson" removed
    * Init-d support
    * Odexed (deodexed version coming soon)
    * De-bloated (all Samsung apps left in)
    * removed "battery full" notification
    * Samsung Launcher Themes
    * Viper4Android audio (located in settings/Advanced utilities)
    * Synapse ((fine tune your kernel with this awesome utility. located in settings/Advanced utilities)
    * disabled USB plug/unplug screen wake
    * toggle added for the notification panel brightness slider (to toggle, press the edit option in the notification pull-down)
    * added application permissions to settings (located in the Applications section
    * call/message blocking in settings
    * native call recording (record button is available during calls)
    * 100% everything works
    * WiFi Hotspot and USB tether mod
    * Advanced Power/ 5-Way Reboot mod (deodexed version only. odexed framework does not support this mod as well as a few other mods)
    * Flashlight toggle mod (mod done by me and include my own personal "stock" flashlight icons)
    * Torch light mod: (enable it in display settings. when screen is off, press and hold the volume up button to turn on... volume down to turn off. TIP: due to full sleep, quickly turn on screen then back off THEN hold volume up to turn on torch light)
    * Additional notification toggles
    * I may have forgotten something???
    * more to come...

Hybrid X-Series 2.2

( 5.01)
    * Deodexed
    * all previous mods & features from 2.1
    * Inspired by @saintz Noterized rom. (Took some ideas/features and brought them to this rom because they are great additions to the "stockish" aspect of my rom)
    * Emotion kernel r15 (More details are on the official kernel thread found HERE)
    * multiple tweaks throughout the rom as well as build prop. (the rom is considerably more responsive and the launcher & animations are tweaked as well)
    * re-deodexed several system apps directly from the official tar again using a different deodexer tool (just for testing and identifying possible bad deodexes with some apk's/jar's)
    * pre-updated updated all system apps [5/24/2015]
    * added dolby audio, color manager, viper audio, synapse and galaxy tools to settings in their own new category. (these apps are also removed from the app drawer for a cleaner look)
    * brand new custom icons for dolby, color manager, viper audio, synapse and galaxy tools (all icons created by me to best fit the stock TW Lollipop theme)
    * removed high-volume warning (definetely works for audio jack ear buds/headsets, may or may not have any effect over paired bluetooth devices. I have not tested this)
    * added several S6 apps including SBrowser, calculator, wallpaper picker, weather widget, my files, keyboard, SHealth, Samsung apps, Smusic, ringtones,ui sounds, notification sounds, etc.
    * I may have forgotten something... check it out for yourself!

Hybrid X-Series 2.3

( 5.01)
    * all previous mods & features from 2.2
    * updated to emotion kernel r16 (More details on the official kernel thread found HERE)
    * replaced some of the S6 apps with the original note 4 versions.
    (S6 weather, S6 Sbrowser, Samsung Music, etc. they had minor issues)
    * fixed Advanced utilities apps so they now show up when set to quick settings
    * Added V4A/Dolby audio link in Samsung music settings for easy access and futher improves the stock look & feel.
    * updated Galaxy tools to 3.1.8
    * I may have forgot something... this will be the last release for a while and I wanted it to be stable and bug-free.

DOWNLOADS​

I have my N5 port stock build close to being ready for public. I dare for anybody to claim that i kang'd "their" work. I will make them look like kiddy fools i promise. My work is my work and if i use someone else's work i give them the proper credit. Period.

With this said, my "stock" N5 rom will be a stock rom experience with no custom mods like you see in sac23's N5 rom or even in team Echoe's N5 port (which uses the same mods from team "VN" and no credits given their either). I spent a LOT of time fixing a lot of things by myself with the exception of the help and feedback from my N4 test group on google hangouts. You guys all know who you are and i really appreciate all of you for being so supportive and helping me as a team to get this rom the way it needs to be. Without all of you i would not have taken on this task. I did this for others to enjoy and not for selfish pride or thanks in the forums. So as soon as i get a couple of things fixed i will release MY own personal N5 build for everyone to enjoy. I can't give an ETA yet but hopefully in the next few days i can have it ready. This is not a contest folks it's about sharing and giving a quality rom experience to the XDA community with no strings attached. I will post an update when the time comes for the N5 rom. People are testing it now...
    It's hard for me to release a rom that i know has minor issues. i guess i'm too much of a "perfectionist". I will be working on the N5 port some more over the weekend since we have bad weather all weekend here. I hope to be able to fix a couple of things and maybe release a public build. All i can say is that it will have much less issues than other N5 ports out there. Initial public release will be in stock form. A modded version will come later.

I may ask for someone who will be willing to help me support the N5 port rom thread and add them to the contributor slot so they can edit the op as needed. This person will need to be someone who has been active in my rom threads and who has been helping others in the forums. I know several of you have been doing this and i really appreciate it. if you are interested in helping me with the OP for the new N5 port rom , please pm me. Again... only someone who has been active in my rom threads and has shown their willingness to help others. My time will be limited soon so i need help holding down another rom thread. Thanks.
    So what exactly in Pon-3 Audio Mod? I'm not sure if I should disable it or not. What are you guys doing with it?

I already have Viper4Android configured.
    Pon-3 is an additional audio engine. Leave it alone it's part of the audio enhancement package. You can turn off the status bar notification for it if you want but it works behind the scenes.

Ok so I need help. I did Odin 3.09 and flashed twrp tar and restarted my phone and no twrp recovery. What did I do wrong.
    The best way to do this is to Odin the stock rom tar then let it reboot and wait for it to load setup wizard. Then reboot to download mode and flash TWRP, then reboot to recovery and go from there. The trick is to always let the phone boot for the first time on the stock unrooted rom before you flash TWRP. This is how i always do it. Never had a problem.

Update: Just a quick update on what's going on. I have been working on the Note 5 port everyday as time permits. I'm doing my own thing with my build as many of you may already know. I'm building my own version to share with all of you and I will hopefully not reach any roadblocks. So far so good. I choose to do things differently in my N5 rom project because the rom needs a ton of work. Work that nobody else would think twice about doing. I will be continuing my work on my own version of the N5 port rom and hopefully get it to a point where i feel completely happy with it. This may or may not be a public release depending on if Sac23 will be willing to allow me to share my stock version of the N5 rom for future rom projects for all of us. I think sharing the roms is the best thing for the future of our sprint Note 4 development and being selfish is not an option for me. I do this for myself but i also do this for others to enjoy. For this reason I will share whenever i can. That is my goal at least.

Just to quickly summarize the rom I'm working on... I have rebuilt nearly every file in the rom on my end, done a lot of fixes, etc, so it's not the same as his build. I use original Sprint N5 system files where i can. A completely stock fully functional build is what I am doing first. No mods at this time. That can come later. Thanks for reading. I'll be off and on the forums from time to time. things are picking up on the home front so will be busy with other things in my personal life. I'll update when i can. Trust me the wait is worth it.