[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread

LoneWolfSK

Feb 2, 2015
www.facebook.com
Because it is an Android, not Windows mobile. It is also better for me as I am not a fan of Lumia and they have poor community/support, no custom roms and the J5 is all the opposite.

Reactions: sa-ra

sa-ra

May 7, 2014
egypt
Because it is an Android, not Windows mobile. It is also better for me as I am not a fan of Lumia and they have poor community/support, no custom roms and the J5 is all the opposite.
I'm prefer the windows phone because it isn't lag and it has better performance than android and it has the basic programmes which I needed and the kaspersky company said that android is more safer than android .

That is my point of view and I respect your opinion .....

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
Hey guys ....

Which is better the SG J5 or the lumia 640xl ???

Depends on if you going for Android or Windows Phone. Both are pretty similar spec wise with the exception of the camera (it seems better on the J5 but mp doesn't tell everything).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

I'm prefer the windows phone because it isn't lag and it has better performance than android and it has the basic programmes which I needed and the kaspersky company said that android is more safer than android .

That is my point of view and I respect your opinion .....

Looks like you made your choice already lol.

alwaysbelieve1

Aug 29, 2006
St. Charles
www.BobGaronTraining.com
A 5" phone will fit in my front pocket as well but it does not feel comfortable. It feels very tight and there's not much room for movement. This is especially true if I need to crouch down . With my current phone, I can slighting rearrange my pocket so it sits more on the side of my leg versus the front area. I have trouble doing this with my 5" phone.

The best way to describe it would be, with my current phone, someone looking at you can't tell you have a phone in there. With a 5" phone, you can. Also, I often stick my phone in my shirt pocket. I can't fit a 5" phone at all in there as its too wide.

I put my Sony Xperia Z3 compact in my back pocket and it doesn't stick out at all. It fully fits in the pocket perfectly without feeling too tight or restricting anything. I think the perfect size phone is between 4.6 and 5.0. For me that's perfect. I'm looking at the smaller of the two new Nexus 2015 models Or the Sony Xperia M... Although that's not much of an upgrade from what I currently have so I'm not really sure yet. The main reason I was going to Nexus is because it's Nexus and I know that it will always have the latest and greatest software for it. One thing I do not like about the Sony Xperia Z3 contact is that the speakers are not very loud unless you are rooted and modify them, which I am, but I wish the speaker was very loud. It's quite ironic that a Sony machine is not that loud.

gezafisch

May 24, 2015
Thank you. And what about Honor 7 in this comparison? And another question, doesnt G4 has overheating issue?

The g4 doesn't have any overheat issues. Also, I don't know much about the honor 7, but the g4, IMHO , is the second best phone on the market right now, the s6 being no. 1

Sent from a Galaxy far away

eruben

Dec 26, 2010
Yerevan
Google Pixel 4a 5G
The g4 doesn't have any overheat issues. Also, I don't know much about the honor 7, but the g4, IMHO , is the second best phone on the market right now, the s6 being no. 1

What's so special about S6? I'm finally getting rid of my S3 with it's small battery and endless source problems won't allowing to use use some nice custom roms without problems. So why S6 really?

vesu

Apr 6, 2011
I just wish some manufacturer makes decent phone with the shape and size of original Moto G. Maybe 4.7" 1080p screen, good soc, camera and battery life in round rubbery coated shell. :thumbup:

Reactions: alwaysbelieve1

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
I just wish some manufacturer makes decent phone with the shape and size of original Moto G. Maybe 4.7" 1080p screen, good soc, camera and battery life in round rubbery coated shell. :thumbup:

That would be great. However, it looks like Sony is the only company taking the sub 5 in market seriously.

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

Is the Samsung s5 mini any good????

It seems pretty good, however, I'd go with the S4 mini as there's a ton of custom ROM support.

Reactions: alwaysbelieve1

Jeik

Jun 27, 2011
Dublin
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi 13
So after searches and imagining that Honor 7, G4, OP2 and S6 has same price I'm going to stick with S6. Any final ideas?))

Well... If you are a Samsung fan-boy,I can't make you change your mind.

I dislike Samsung,and if I had to buy a Samsung device,the only one would be the Note 5.

Other than that,I would go for the Z4/Z3+, G4 and OP2.
Samsung is horrible with its source release,so I am sure you know that ROMs will be delayed,and that KNOX will possibly smack the crap out of you when you try to do basic things like rooting.

Wait,wait...S6 and OP2 have same price? xD
There is a 300$ difference between OP2 and the cheapest version of the S6.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Forums Pro.

eruben

Dec 26, 2010
Yerevan
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Well... If you are a Samsung fan-boy,I can't make you change your mind.

I dislike Samsung,and if I had to buy a Samsung device,the only one would be the Note 5.

Other than that,I would go for the Z4/Z3+, G4 and OP2.
Samsung is horrible with its source release,so I am sure you know that ROMs will be delayed,and that KNOX will possibly smack the crap out of you when you try to do basic things like rooting.

Wait,wait...S6 and OP2 have same price? xD
There is a 300$ difference between OP2 and the cheapest version of the S6.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Forums Pro.

Well, I said imagining the prices are the same. Just it's not a priority parameter for me now.

I know Samsung problems and I'm really not a fan of it. But what would you suggest? I can get OP2 but it has it's own problems. G4 is simply ugly plus SD810 problems. So I would really appreciate listening to some ideas why to buy OP or LG from you.

P.S. Z4 is not available yet and I really not going to wait. I was waiting whole year for Z3, then G4, then OP...and it was all the disappointment.

Jeik

Jun 27, 2011
Dublin
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi 13
Well, I said imagining the prices are the same. Just it's not a priority parameter for me now.

I know Samsung problems and I'm really not a fan of it. But what would you suggest? I can get OP2 but it has it's own problems. G4 is simply ugly plus SD810 problems. So I would really appreciate listening to some ideas why to buy OP or LG from you.

P.S. Z4 is not available yet and I really not going to wait. I was waiting whole year for Z3, then G4, then OP...and it was all the disappointment.

OP2 has its own issues(bugs mostly because its ROM IS YOUNG-bugs will be fixes with time),but it will last the longest when it comes to software.
The G4 is to me an excellent phone,and it has the SnapDragon 808,not 810,meaning that it doesnt overheat. I have the G2 atm,and I can say that if the g4 is logically better,it is surely PERFECT. And,if I am correct,the G4s bootloader can be unlocked OFFICIALLY.

The Z3+ is available,but has the SD810. .____.
Still,I am personally not a gamer,since I HAVE A GAMER PC TO PLAY GAMES,and if I do,I only play PacMan 256 if I am seriously bored(also highly unlikely).

The Z3,LG G4 and OP2 can fully utilize AOSP with the nav bar(complete,perfect UI),and Samsung cant(I hated AOSP on my S3 because it was imperfect!)

To me,the priority is,to me:
1.Xperia Z3(because of the body and features which make me drool)
2.LG G4(a good phone,and you can cover its body with custom skins/cases if you seriously dislike that pretty body)
3.Samsung S6(the phone is seriously good,my friend let me use it for 1 day,but DO have the KNOX in mind)
4.OP2(a good phone,"immortal" when it comes to software support,and a low price)

Reactions: eruben

gezafisch

May 24, 2015
OP2 has its own issues(bugs mostly because its ROM IS YOUNG-bugs will be fixes with time),but it will last the longest when it comes to software.
The G4 is to me an excellent phone,and it has the SnapDragon 808,not 810,meaning that it doesnt overheat. I have the G2 atm,and I can say that if the g4 is logically better,it is surely PERFECT. And,if I am correct,the G4s bootloader can be unlocked OFFICIALLY.

The Z3+ is available,but has the SD810. .____.
Still,I am personally not a gamer,since I HAVE A GAMER PC TO PLAY GAMES,and if I do,I only play PacMan 256 if I am seriously bored(also highly unlikely).

The Z3,LG G4 and OP2 can fully utilize AOSP with the nav bar(complete,perfect UI),and Samsung cant(I hated AOSP on my S3 because it was imperfect!)

To me,the priority is,to me:
1.Xperia Z3(because of the body and features which make me drool)
2.LG G4(a good phone,and you can cover its body with custom skins/cases if you seriously dislike that pretty body)
3.Samsung S6(the phone is seriously good,my friend let me use it for 1 day,but DO have the KNOX in mind)
4.OP2(a good phone,"immortal" when it comes to software support,and a low price)
@eruben

S6's and all other Samsung devices are easily rooted. But it does void the warranty. Why should Samsung replace your phone if you broke it doing something that you know is dangerous?

IMO lg and Samsung provide better software support than OP.

I think that the s6 is better than the g4 because it has better hardware. Also I personally like touchwiz better than optimus.

I don't know much about Sony phones but I do know that the s6 is superior to the z3 in everything except for battery life. Like seriously, Sony's battery lives are AMAZING! anyhow, I don't think I would buy a phone just over battery life.

Reactions: sa-ra and eruben

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Any hint how I can obtain physical access to a device that I don't own yet in order to install this certainly great app for the suggested check?
    G53 is a low end phone - G42 is a better choice.
    Amoled, FHD, better SoC etc

Xperia 10 III is as good as G42, with more RAM, but an older phone and cost more:
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Thanks. Won't work on my phone as it's for Android 14, but am looking for another app to check number of cycles.

Its a bit older phone, but still nice.
    Bit smaller screen size, smaller battery, less RAM, but a better camera, OTG support, and should get Android 14 too.

If the price is right, lower than G84, and you like the phone, go for it.

If the price is the same, and the camera is not in your focus, then get the G84 because it has an amasing battery life, microSD expansion is very nice too.
    Modern day lower midrangers offer the luxury of 6gb ram, faster processors and are an exciting segment to look.

Here are few truly valuable midrangers, suiting our preferences: (premium camera, 4k video rec & microsd support)
    • Realme 12 plus - mar 24 _ 50p,8w,2m​

Realme, well known for its camera 1st approach and has recently released a bombshell right there.
    • Samsung F54 5g - July 23_ 64p,2w,8m​

A popular midranger over the past few months that ticks all boxes and even chosen as best midranger by many websites.
    • Oppo F25 Pro - Feb 24 _32p,2w,8m​

Very high bang for the buck right here and Camera has been a big flex of this phone.
    • Oppo Reno 11 -jan 24 _50p,8w,32t​

This phone is highly rated for its slowmo video especially and comes with a flagship telephoto lens as well. All this comes at a higher price making it a higher mid Ranger.

The moto G54 and G84 are the other big guns in the category but don't support 4k video and dont have macro lens.

(P - primary lens, W- wide angle, M - Macro, T - telephoto)
    Thank you so much for the elaborate response, after 5 days of intense research, I wasn't happy enough with the offers at the 300-400 range, not enough to call the shot, so I ended up lowering the budget to avoid disappointment, and got a poco x6 for 277 euros, is alright, I feel like if I had forked out more for a redmi note 12 pro plus or note 13 pro plus, I would feel disappointed...
    mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App
    For sure Samsung Galaxy S3

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
    Asus Padfone for me!
    Not sure yet, but seeing as my HTC has had its life dramatically extended by HTC unlocking bootloader for thier devices and so making it much easier to root and mod I am finding it difficult to find a complelling reason to move from HTC
    Probably the Galaxy S3. Hopefully we'll see an updated Note later in the year.