[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+]One-handed Mode for all devices!

Premium version, are you buying it?

• I have bought itbecause I use the features

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have bought it because I want to support you

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No because I won't use the features

• No, but if it were free, i would use the features

• No because i hate you

• No because it's too expensive

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Bharath7

Oct 25, 2013
Notification Centre

Hey, I dropped my phone and cracked the bottom portion of gorilla glass,so i am using this app to make that bottom portion black.The bottom margin works fine with apps but not with notification Centre. Any idea? and while changing the phone to landscape mode,margin too changes to landscape. Is there any fix?

JohnShiu

May 22, 2015
I think it would be the best if the apps allow at least two one-handed modes to toggle, i.e. the user can set one for left bottom, and another one for right bottom, the users who sometimes use phone with left hand but sometimes with right hand can enjoy more by toggling between these three mode (normal mode, one-handed mode 1, one-handed mode 2).

I really hope this function can be put into your planned feature, thank you very much;)

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

I think it would be the best if the apps allow at least two one-handed modes to toggle, i.e. the user can set one for left bottom, and another one for right bottom, the users who sometimes use phone with left hand but sometimes with right hand can enjoy more by toggling between these three mode (normal mode, one-handed mode 1, one-handed mode 2).

I really hope this function can be put into your planned feature, thank you very much;)

8oldemar

Feb 18, 2013
Syktyvkar
Do you plan support pop-up wndows/messages, lock screens?
Upset that actually not all apps are supported. For Sony Xperia Z1 compact, for example, incorrectly rendered the dialer and camera (lock screen, home screen had to be replaced by others).. Sorry status bar, keyboard and navigation bar are not changed. Screen rotation is not correct. Already bought ( .

I had been using this module for a while, and I didn't know there was a donation option, but I have discovered it at last. Great app!

Has the VPN issue been resolved, though? I see others have brought this up earlier in the thread: with One-handed Mode enabled in Xposed, all VPN apps (seem to) cease to work in Android. The reason is that the pop-up asking you to trust the VPN application, such as Tunnel Bear or Hideman, cannot be displayed while One-handed Mode is enabled in Xposed. The screen flashes for a split second, but no pop-up. I need to disable One-handed Mode and reboot, before I can connect to a VPN server.

Do you think a solution is possible at all? Or should we give up either VPN or One-handed Mode?

I use an LG G2, Kitkat 4.4.2, Xposed 2.7 experimental 1, ROM is CloudyG2 (latest version).

Last edited:

شیرخدا

Oct 10, 2010
VPN issue hopefully resolved

This has been reported many times I'll look into it tonight, I probably should have before

Sent from my amazingly awesome OnePlus One using Tapatalk

I found a issue where this module causes some conflict with my VPN service (tunnelbear). For some reason when this module is activated the VPN pop-up dialog box will not appear (the one that asks if you trust this VPN yadda yadda) making it impossible to use the service. Shame because I really like this app but the VPN is more important to me. :crying:

I had been using this module for a while, and I didn't know there was a donation option, but I have discovered it at last. Great app!

Has the VPN issue been resolved, though? I see others have brought this up earlier in the thread: with One-handed Mode enabled in Xposed, all VPN apps (seem to) cease to work in Android. The reason is that the pop-up asking you to trust the VPN application, such as Tunnel Bear or Hideman, cannot be displayed while One-handed Mode is enabled in Xposed. The screen flashes for a split second, but no pop-up. I need to disable One-handed Mode and reboot, before I can connect to a VPN server.

Do you think a solution is possible at all? Or should we give up either VPN or One-handed Mode?

I use an LG G2, Kitkat 4.4.2, Xposed 2.7 experimental 1, ROM is CloudyG2 (latest version).

It seems that you need to add VPNDialogs (com.android.vpndialogs) to the apps black list and the relevant security pop-up will start to show up again. That's what worked for me.

Hopefully this helped.

Reactions: Cerberus_tm
It seems that you need to add VPNDialogs (com.android.vpndialogs) to the apps black list and the relevant security pop-up will start to show up again. That's what worked for me.

Hopefully this helped.

Ah, perfect! Thank you. I had bought the premium version, but I didn't know it contained new functions. I have tested blacklisting the VPN Dialog, and it works! Yay!

mcgrabowski

Dec 6, 2010
Greenville
Thanks for the app. Works great. I have one small problem though. Trying to use the toggle activity always launches the settings app instead of just toggling the state. Does anyone else see this? For example, if you create a nova or lmt launcher activity shortcut to the one handed mode toggle activity, and click the activity shortcut, it toggles one handed mode, but also launches the one handed mode settings. I don't think it should launch the settings.

Edit: strange, it seems to have suddenly stopped opening the settings when I toggle with the activity now. So nevermore for now I guess.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the app. Works great. I have one small problem though. Trying to use the toggle activity always launches the settings app instead of just toggling the state. Does anyone else see this? For example, if you create a nova or lmt launcher activity shortcut to the one handed mode toggle activity, and click the activity shortcut, it toggles one handed mode, but also launches the one handed mode settings. I don't think it should launch the settings.

Edit: strange, it seems to have suddenly stopped opening the settings when I toggle with the activity now. So nevermore for now I guess.

I've had this happen too. But it doesn't happen all the time, it fluctuates. My solution was to make a Tasker app (export a Tasker task as an app). The task uses the plug-in Secure Settings to trigger the right toggle activity from Onehand Mode.

Reactions: mcgrabowski

hamzahrmalik

May 31, 2013
I've had this happen too. But it doesn't happen all the time, it fluctuates. My solution was to make a Tasker app (export a Tasker task as an app). The task uses the plug-in Secure Settings to trigger the right toggle activity from Onehand Mode.
Then settings activity is launched if you toggle while the onehandmode app is in the recents app list

Sent from my amazingly awesome OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Reactions: sonny86001

Vozella

Oct 19, 2015
May I get help? All the presets do the same bottom right preset. I can't pick a different one nor put in a custom setting. The only place it DOES work is in the notification menu.
Please help. This app is the only reason I rooted my phone.
Also, may someone explain to me what the difference is between the free version and the premium version?

hamzahrmalik

May 31, 2013
Your issue is strange I've never seen it before. Try editing the values manually and don't touch the preset button, and then go back to save
In the premium version you can blacklist apps and you can also have different settings for each app

Reactions: Vozella

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
Google Pixel 5
first, i love your holo themer mod, used it a ton on all my jb and kk devices. big thank you!
times are changing though and now the fad is gigantic phones and marshmallow. so i was wondering if one-handed mode works on marshmallow, the 6p in particular?

nackio17

Apr 2, 2015
deleted, thought it wasn't working and it was my fault, module was without a tick in xposed, sorry

Last edited:

gnadenlos

Oct 26, 2013
first, i love your holo themer mod, used it a ton on all my jb and kk devices. big thank you!
times are changing though and now the fad is gigantic phones and marshmallow. so i was wondering if one-handed mode works on marshmallow, the 6p in particular?
It works on Nexus 6P, but there are some flaws:

- If you use the color option, you get many messages, that the app (OneHandMode) was closed. So you can't use that feature.
- Chrome shows some content and graphic glitches outside of the shrinked app - it works but it's not looking good.
- Status and button bars are not shrinked.
- Keyboard is not shrinked.

I don't know if some of those problems are the expected behavior or something specific to Android 6.

Reactions: mistermojorizin

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
Google Pixel 5
It works on Nexus 6P, but there are some flaws:

- If you use the color option, you get many messages, that the app (OneHandMode) was closed. So you can't use that feature.
- Chrome shows some content and graphic glitches outside of the shrinked app - it works but it's not looking good.
- Status and button bars are not shrinked.
- Keyboard is not shrinked.

I don't know if some of those problems are the expected behavior or something specific to Android 6.

Thanks for the reply. I went with a different module called niwatori. It has most of the same issues but it doesn't force close and it can open and shrink the notification drawer, which is all I need from the status bar.

hamzahrmalik

May 31, 2013
About Premium

Premium version will now (as of version 2.5) require the free version to stay installed. The free version will act as the actual mod (this is what you tick in the Xposed Installer) whereas the premium version will be the settings page. Ignore the free versions setting page

This is because I can no longer distribute the mod part as a separate package (Play Store policy)

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
Premium version will now (as of version 2.5) require the free version to stay installed. The free version will act as the actual mod (this is what you tick in the Xposed Installer) whereas the premium version will be the settings page. Ignore the free versions setting page

This is because I can no longer distribute the mod part as a separate package (Play Store policy)

This works but only on the home screen, once you go into any other apps its just the normal screen size.

s6 edge plus audax rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This mod will move all activity content to one, user configured, portion of the screen. The aim is to allow you to use a large device with, um, one hand....
    If you mess up with crazy settings, use recovery to delete this file
    /data/data/com.hamzah.onehandmode/shared_prefs/pref.xml‏‏
    Or use the ADB script attached, DONT FLASH IT, its a bat file to run on PC, requires ADB

Click here to help translate this app!

Features
    User configurable margins
    Toggle using a notification (optional)
    Optionally move Action Bar
    Transparent notification icon option
    Works on all apps

Premium Version Features
    Blacklist
    Per app settings
    Update priority
    Premium can be found on Google Play

Planned Features
    Support for keyboard
    Shift navigation bar to one side
    Adjust DPI
    Move alert boxes
    You tell me!

How it works
    This app hooks the Activity class and forces every app to use padding

How to get this awesome mod?
    Check attachments, or visit the xposed repo for free version
    Click here for premium

This mod is so cool I want to see the code and steal it
    You can see the code, but you can't steal it. View Code here

Known Issues
    Phone and People app doesn't work when moving actionbar
    You tell me!

Changelog is in post below

Screenshots are attached below

Please don't report that it doesn't work without sending a log

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MOD][XPOSED][4.0+]One-handed Mode for all devices! , Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    hamzahrmalik
    Xposed Package Name: com.hamzah.onehandmode

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-27

Created 2014-05-20
    Last Updated 2014-05-31
    Hello,

This is a general reminder to all, please stop asking for ETAs. It's rude and bad etiquette. Making mods is not a full time job and people are doing this work in their spare time for free. The least you all can do is be patient. People have lives that don't revolve around this website and/or creating these mods. Harassing developers for the next update will not make them work faster. It will most likely make them do the opposite. Instead of this becoming a cool pastime for them it will become like a job for a bunch of unappreciative, needy, and entitled folks. Having to do anything for people like that isn't fun for anyone. So again, please be patient and you will get updates whenever the developer is ready to give them to you.

Regards
    Development update

So it's been a while since the last update, 2.1

Some followers of this thread will be aware that I am trying to get solid background working
    Here is what's going on

Currently, if i open an app, lets say Chrome, then toggle OneHand Mode (OHM) on then it will put solid borders around it. This is what i wanted and is good
    The problem is, when i switch off OHM, from within Chrome (using the notification) the border DOESN'T disappear, so the content goes back to normal size, but is partly covered by the border.
    You need to close and re-open Chrome

I might be able to fix this in a minute. Maybe itll take an hour. Maybe a day. Or a week. Or a few. i can't say

This post was just so you know i haven't given up on this module, I am still working on it ;)
    Changelog

Current Versions
    Free: 2.5
    Premium: 2.5

ChangeLog
    Version 2.5 (16/2/16)
    Under the hood updates for the premium verison
    Version 2.4 (22/12/14)
    New material design theme
    Improved many layouts (padding etc)
    Disabled the overlay by default because its unstable and covers the actionbar in newer apps using the newer support libraries
    Internal optimizations
    Version 2.3 (12/9/14)
    Option to change the colour of the background
    Version 2.2 (11/9/14)
    Option to show solid background around shrunk window
    Version 2.1 (29/5/14)
    Widget for toggling
    UI enchancements
    Version 2.0 (27/5/14)
    New layout which is more organized
    Separate margins and master switches for Apps and Notification Centre (NC)
    Ready made settings (presets) which you can apply
    Smoother toggling
    The notification now has 3 sub-buttons, toggle apps, toggle NC, toggle both
    The toggle activity can be set to toggle either apps, NC or both
    Report a problem button, creates a file on your SD card containing app info. If you have any problems, send this file
    Faster
    The new SD card read/write permissions are for the reporting button
    More here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52966376&postcount=233
    Version 1.9 (18/5/14)
    About page, with links to my website, twitter, and premium version
    Better logic behind the warning of view area being to small, so you don't get false notifications
    Performance enhancements
    Version 1.8 (17/5/14)
    Start notification on boot
    Fixed a bug
    Version 1.7.1 (16/5/14)
    Bug fixes
    Version 1.7 (14/5/14)
    Move Notification Centre
    Access settings through notification
    Version 1.6 (8/5/14)
    New notification icon
    Optional transparent notification icon
    Option to disable toggling toast
    Version 1.5 (4/5/14)
    Launchable activity for toggling, which can be configured to launch from shortcut apps like LMT or Gesture Control
    Version 1.4 (3/5/14)
    Seamless disabling (no restarting apps)
    Version 1.3 (2/5/14)
    Disable notification
    Moves the actionbar too (optional)
    Version 1.2 (1/5/14)
    No need to restart apps after toggling
    Version 1.1 (30/4/14)
    Notification for toggling
    Warning when making view area too small
    Version 1.0 (29/4/14)
    Initial release
    Working great on OPPO Find 5 (latest PAC ROM). I really needed something like this, thank you!
    I added few screen shots ;)