Your thoughts on this phone

Search This thread

rrrrrrredbelly

Aug 16, 2010
WA
Google Pixel 6
Curious what people think of this phone, thinking of picking 1 up. Looks like development is still pretty active.

Are there any restrictions on rooting (will i be able to root the phone)

Also, from reviews it looks like this phone has no sd slot or removable battery. Correct?

Thanks

Last edited:

BrownDog99

Dec 20, 2013
Cobourg
No sd card slot or removable battery. It is one of the fastest phones I have used in 2013 models and I find it faster than my g3. I would find a model that the bootloader can be unlocked. At&t can't, I think the rest are good. It has been updated to lollipop but many people prefer the kit kat version for battery and features that didn't make it to lollipop. I love the moto x, the features are great, but the newest model has an sd card, dual front speakers, QHD, 808 snapdragon, 21 MP camera, and a 5.7 inch screen, all for 399, but you can get a used moto x 2013 for 100-150$

Reactions: rrrrrrredbelly

cedarknoll

Oct 1, 2012
I got the verizon xt1060 developer version used from swappa for 140. great deal imho.

you can use on verizon mvno's or t-mobile. (probably any of the gsm carriers would work, but I've only tried t-mobile)
makes it a very versatile at a good price.
for me its about the max size I can handle and its hard to find a good phone with an active community that is small. I would prefer smaller but its not so bad.
anyway my 2sents.

Emiliano55

Aug 13, 2012
With KitKat, it's one of the fastest and and fluid phones you will ever have, specially for his age and price.

With Lollipop, its just a normal old phone that will make you consider changing it.

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
It works okay. In terms of games It can run a few good ones but tends to stutter at times especially when the heat builds up. I'm running latest 5.1.1 Lollipop on it and so far it's doing alright. For the cheap price and the perfect dimensions you won't be compromising much. Although I would suggest that if you can get your hands on a Nexus 5 within this price range then go for that instead. This whole hassle of not being able to conveniently downgrade without risks or searching for the right modems to work for a specific carrier phone gets annoying.

Sent from my Moto X

Emiliano55

Aug 13, 2012
It works okay. In terms of games It can run a few good ones but tends to stutter at times especially when the heat builds up. I'm running latest 5.1.1 Lollipop on it and so far it's doing alright. For the cheap price and the perfect dimensions you won't be compromising much. Although I would suggest that if you can get your hands on a Nexus 5 within this price range then go for that instead. This whole hassle of not being able to conveniently downgrade without risks or searching for the right modems to work for a specific carrier phone gets annoying.

Sent from my Moto X

There is not a 5.1.1 official version for Moto X 2013. Unless you meant 5.1 with the vulnerability fix, which is still 5.1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No sd card slot or removable battery. It is one of the fastest phones I have used in 2013 models and I find it faster than my g3. I would find a model that the bootloader can be unlocked. At&t can't, I think the rest are good. It has been updated to lollipop but many people prefer the kit kat version for battery and features that didn't make it to lollipop. I love the moto x, the features are great, but the newest model has an sd card, dual front speakers, QHD, 808 snapdragon, 21 MP camera, and a 5.7 inch screen, all for 399, but you can get a used moto x 2013 for 100-150$
    I got the verizon xt1060 developer version used from swappa for 140. great deal imho.

you can use on verizon mvno's or t-mobile. (probably any of the gsm carriers would work, but I've only tried t-mobile)
    makes it a very versatile at a good price.
    for me its about the max size I can handle and its hard to find a good phone with an active community that is small. I would prefer smaller but its not so bad.
    anyway my 2sents.
    With KitKat, it's one of the fastest and and fluid phones you will ever have, specially for his age and price.

With Lollipop, its just a normal old phone that will make you consider changing it.