[UNMAINTAINED][ROM ALL-IN-ONE] [LP_5.1.1] [D58XX] Heavily debloated - extras etc

Search This thread

burtallicus

Jul 15, 2012
Bucharest
can i update from a rooted stock .546 directly? i have some apps that i uninstalled with titaniumbackup, but in rest is all stock, just rooted and recovery.

Last edited:

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Bro is the v5 coming for 5833 as well?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
as soon as a .200 fw for d5833 will come ;)
if there is one already (unbranded) let me know! ;)

can i update from a rooted stock .546 directly? i have some apps that i uninstalled with titaniumbackup, but in rest is all stock, just rooted and recovery.

of course. you can just wipe system cache and dalvik first and then flash my rom, this way you'll keep all your data. just in case of any problems/incompatibilities, wipe data too ;)

fluffi444

Nov 19, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Hey Moly82!

thx for your .200 AIO ROM! Testing right now...
Looks like this is kidda "Prototype" because there is an system/app/PrototypeProtection/PrototypeProtection.apk

This prevents Antutu / Geekbench from install :)

Here is a list which apps are on prototype index:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55903033&postcount=3

xdaforums.com is also on this list LOL! Bad Sony! wtf!

blocking app (pm block com.sonymobile.prototypeprotection), or freezing and for sure deleting app would help...

I noticed this because afer ROM flash and restart both app were gone (had them on data) and a little notification came up that "some" app are removed due to somc policy...

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Hey Moly82!

thx for your .200 AIO ROM! Testing right now...
Looks like this is kidda "Prototype" because there is an system/app/PrototypeProtection/PrototypeProtection.apk

This prevents Antutu / Geekbench from install :)

Here is a list which apps are on prototype index:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55903033&postcount=3

xdaforums.com is also on this list LOL! Bad Sony! wtf!

blocking app (pm block com.sonymobile.prototypeprotection), or freezing and for sure deleting app would help...

I noticed this because afer ROM flash and restart both app were gone (had them on data) and a little notification came up that "some" app are removed due to somc policy...

you are just saying that deleting/moving away PrototypeProtection apk is safe or even suggested right?
ok thanks so will delete it in next version ;) in the meantime you guys can of course move it to the backup folder or delete it by yourselves :eek:

Thank you for your upload. Is there any way though to uninstall nova launcher?

just delete the whole relevant folder from /system/app with a root file manager with root access ;)

Rhonin86

Nov 17, 2011
Hagen
ZTE Axon 10 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A54 5G
Dirty Flash successful

Hi Folx, hi Moly,

yesterday i tried your new build - first backed up my existing system and then flashing the new AIO dirty - afterwards simply cleaning cache and dalvik. This way all information are kept. There is only a little risk, that there are some unknown incompatiblities which cause system instabilities. (just for information, because such questions occur from time to time ;) )

Now is the time to check - there are no system instabilities at the moment. I observed only one misbehaviour. The system UI is not always scrolling smooth - but afair this is a general problem with the ported Z5 system UI. For now i can'T tell you sth. about the battery life. Gimme some time and i report again.

Cheers & THX @moly82

Rhonin

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
thanks mate.
about the scrolling thing, I didn't port any system ui from z5...?! just ported few Z5 apps that shouldn't affect systemUI.
everything is pretty smooth here, or at least as before with previous FW I would say, only once I had some glitches/artifacts when swiping/scrolling, but a reboot fixed that. did you experience the same? or you mean some slowness in general? if so, it may be due to the dirty flash, or otherwise a new sony bug I'd say?! ;(

so happy with battery ATM, but it is the first cycle so too soon to celebrate...!! :eek:

Reactions: Rhonin86

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
OMG!

no sony launcher was replaced completely....

now to fix enter TWRP, mount system, open the file manager, and move the whole "home-release" folder you will find in '/system/__Backup/system_app' to '/system/app' and reboot.

or just dirty flash again my full rom without wiping anything ;)

bye

FlintStoned-

Apr 4, 2013
Belgium
www.hoolite.be
OMG!

no sony launcher was replaced completely....

now to fix enter TWRP, mount system, open the file manager, and move the whole "home-release" folder you will find in '/system/__Backup/system_app' to '/system/app' and reboot.

or just dirty flash again my full rom without wiping anything ;)

bye

Thanks Moly, If I understand right, I boot into Recovery, go to Mount and enable MTP, Then on Windows use the file manager to navigate to the system directory and move the folder. Correct? Thing is, the folder is empty in Windows so there is nothing to move.

I also did a dirty flash.

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
no... go to twrp > mount and enable system

then from within twrp, go to advanced > file manager and do all the stuff I suggested from twrp directly ;)

if you do another dirty flash now will fix that btw, as it will reinstall novalauncher in system

Reactions: FlintStoned-

Rhonin86

Nov 17, 2011
Hagen
ZTE Axon 10 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A54 5G
thanks mate.
about the scrolling thing, I didn't port any system ui from z5...?! just ported few Z5 apps that shouldn't affect systemUI.

Ok my fault - i thought you also integrated the Z5 UI because i read about it in the cross section... :eek:

everything is pretty smooth here, or at least as before with previous FW I would say, only once I had some glitches/artifacts when swiping/scrolling, but a reboot fixed that. did you experience the same? or you mean some slowness in general? if so, it may be due to the dirty flash, or otherwise a new sony bug I'd say?! ;(

You might be right - i tested around again and i couldn't reproduce the scrolling problem - seems as if a reboot solved this problem - so don't mind :cyclops:

THX Rhonin

Yverson

Sep 7, 2013
Basel
As far as i can tell there has been a change in the mixer_path.xml file.
The file has now 140,27 KB instead of 139,37 before.
Do you recognize more loudness?
I am not sure x)

mj084

Sep 26, 2008
Some words to rom/new Firmware:

edited updater-script to attend my wishes and flashed dirty from .546 firmware --> all fine here!

Some things i noticed:

- UI is smoother - scrolling through menu and apps is faster
- Multitasking seems better --> recents are faster
- cell signal seems better (Vodafone here with very bad signal - EDGE -89dBm 12 asu now, before it was poorer

P.S. can some upload the folders: "Phonebook" and "InCallUI" from system/priv-app from the version 5?!

edit: or can someone say if there is an "arm" folder in system/priv-app/InCallUI" or only the apk?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [UNMAINTAINED]

This is for both locked/unlocked. Being 100% stock it is not going to unlock your BL, mess up your DRM/keys etc!

As some people asked me hereby I present you my new all-in-one solution for z3c d5803, this time based on LP 5.1.1, with following charateristics:

- Based on LP 5.1.1 23.4.A.1.264 FW (D5803, customized IT); 23.4.A.1.200 (D5833, customized HK) both with good spaced LTE icon
    - pre-rooted with SuperSU 2.46 and Dual Recovery 2.8.21
    - 100% stock (odexed)
    - Heavily debloated with my own original big list :eek:
    - xposed flashable v78 official by rovo for 5.1.1 + xposed APK alpha4
    - Web View Google already updated to latest version as of 21/Jan in /data
    - NFC icon restored
    - Etar Calendar replacing Sony's
    - Google Keyboard, Dialer and Contacts replacing Sony's (normal V8) or stock Sony versions (in V8_sony version)
    - Nova Launcher replacing Sony's
    - ES File Manager (pre-bloated version) replacing stock one
    - QuickPic (neutered signed pre-bloated version) replacing Sony Album
    - Z3+/Z4 bootanimation and live wallpaper
    - Z5 conversations/messages/InCallUI/Phonebook (V8_sony version)
    - Gravity Box, Unlink ringtones/notifications volume, AppsOpsXposed, MinMinGuard, Blurred System UI and Xperia Xposed xposed modules in /data
    - Latest Sony Music in /data
    - DPI changed to 280 for much better screen experience
    - External SDCard writing fix
    - Status Bar Icons Spacing Fix - example
    - Camera/Album link FIX - to be able use camera without Album installed so you can open the images you take with your favourite image viewer!
    - Lock screen fix in SystemUI (for hour in bold, and minutes in thin font) - example

NOTES

1. as in my first debloating solution for all xperia phones, all the bloat/replaced stuff is not really deleted but moved to a Backup folder in system (/system/__Backup) so you can restore anything you want very easily (sony keyboard, sony launcher, system apps etc)

2. that's the reason you can see /system partition still almost full in spite of my high debloat, but stuff moved to the backup folder is "silent", so for sure it is not affecting the system at all and it is like it is not installed: I use this approach for people who needs to restore something, this way restoring is very very easy and fast. By the way, deleting the whole Backup folder (or moving it to your sdcard) you will then see something like 1.1 gb extra free space in /system!! (see screenshots below ;) )

Requirements:

- Working recovery installed

Installation: (as easy as...)

1. full backup
    2. full wipe (system, data, cache and dalvik) ***
    3. flash either AiO for D5803 [V8!!!] or AiO for D5803 [V8_sony!!!] or AiO for D5833 [V6!!!]
    5. reboot/enjoy

PS IMPORTANT NOTE for unlocked BL users: to fix r/w on system you will have to flash a custom kernel like the one by Gustavo for example

*** NOTES ABOUT FULL WIPE vs DIRTY FLASH

You can also avoid wiping /data to keep all your data untouched but if YOU DO NOT WIPE DATA:

1. all apps I updated directly in /system may conflict someway with copies you may have stored in /data and you could get FC, especially Play Store/Services (btw in case any conflicts will appear it is pretty easy to fix them if you know how to clean things up yourself, for example clearing data of the conflicting apps installed in /data, and then uninstalling them via settings > downloaded apps)

2. my all-in-one solution won't be be 100% effective: the personal apps I included that are going to be installed in /data (xposed installer APK, Play Games, Sony Music, Gravity Box and Blurred UI xposed modules) WON'T be installed but just placed in /system/etc/product/applications with no effects (so in this case you can either keep them there, won't hurt, or delete them if you don't want them, while if you want them installed you can just click on them to start the installation as normal APKs)

3. all the apps installed by sony FW in /data (kobo books, navigator, social life, psp app, avg etc etc) won't be automatically removed (you will have to go to settings > downloaded apps to uninstall them manually)

4. not all the things needed for xposed to work contained in the FW will be installed automatically, so xposed will not work OOTB anymore (to get it to work, you will need to install manually at least xposed installer APK you can find in /system/etc/product/applications, and then all the modules you want to use)

I repeat the above will happen only if you DO NOT WIPE DATA, with clean flash instead everything will be as supposed: for sure no conflicts at all, all apps installed, xposed, modules, full debloat etc everything up and running and working OOB! ;)

In case of UPDATING from one version to another: (as easy as... if not expressly mentioned to do otherwise...)

1. full backup
    2. wipe system, cache and dalvik (do NOT wipe data, this way you will keep all your personal data)
    3. flash new version via recovery
    5. reboot/enjoy

SCREENSHOTS!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m76pfpi9thygpd0/AAAogyfCaSTyFhXxE0c27Roza?dl=0

Hope you like it! If so, just please press THANKS! :eek:

CHANGELOG:

30/Nov (Ver.8)

- Changelog here

02/Oct (Ver.7)

- Changelog here

30/Sep (Ver.6)

- Changelog and md5sums here

24/Sep (Ver.5)

14/Sep (Ver.4)

11/Aug (Ver.3) (for more details about changelog see here)

- Camera/Album link FIX: to use camera without album installed so you can open the images you take with your favourite image viewer
    - updated google play services and play store to latest in /system/priv-app
    - updated xperia xposed module
    - xposed flashable updated to v70
    - lock screen fix in systemUI (for hour in bold, and minutes in thin font)
    - ar-effect/bgdefocus/infoeye/album/music all removed from /system/priv-app
    - ImageEnhancer removed from /system/app

27/Jul (Ver.2)

- bug fix for drm restoration mod users (restored original album and music apps, so will have to be updated manually not a big deal)
    - updated Google services to latest
    - Google Calendar replaced sony's
    - status bar icons spacing fix by great @istux
    - Xperia Xposed v2.0 by great @serajr -> if you are NOT going to wipe data during the upgrade, this won't be installed automatically. you can install it manually going to /system/etc/product/applications and clicking on "Xperia_Xposed_2.0.apk" ;)
    - simplified all-in-one zip structure with less "extra" scripts (i did put three zips in one so at the end of the fw flashing you won't see too many additional zips flashing after each other)

Removed stuff:

With my solution you are going to get rid of more than 170 packages and all relevant libs/stuff plus all applications automatically installed by Sony, overlays etc...
    As said at the beginning, stuff is not going to be really deleted, but moved in /system/__Backup folder. This way you can restore things very easily.

At the following link you will find the full list of all stuff I moved away:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1geFByRKDTOOZSIBOixO2boG1_78NUjqzkB6iozzJ4-k/edit#gid=0

PS. the file is with read-only access for everyone, if you have any changes to suggest please reply the thread or send me a PM ;)

HOW TO RESTORE SOMETHING

PS. of course I also removed from my FW all the stuff that can be easily downloaded from the Play Store (Gmail, etc)
    In the hidden field below you will find the restoring instructions you need to follow to restore any package you may want back:

According to what you want to restore, you have to follow two different procedures:

- all the APKs that are inside /system/__Backup/various/etc_custom_apps and /system/__Backup/various/etc_prod_apps are regular APKs that are going to be installed in /data, so you can just run them and then select "install" like a normal APK, easy. You will then see them in Settings > applications > downloaded

- instead, all the things in /system/__Backup/system_app and /system/__Backup/system_priv-app folders can't be normally installed, but must be restored in the correct /system folders with correct permissions. To do this, see the step-by-step instructions below (in the following example, I am going to restore Chrome app in /system/app and Velvet (Google Search) in /system/priv-app, but of course you can restore how many things as you want at the same time)

Code:
    - with a root file manager like ES, go to /system/__Backup/system_app and MOVE the whole "Chrome" folder to /system/app
    - with a root file manager like ES, go to /system/__Backup/system_priv-app and MOVE the whole "Velvet" folder to /system/priv-app
    - reboot
    - done

PS. don't copy but MOVE things back, or permissions will get messed up and you are likely to end up in a bootloop!
    PPS. still, if you mess up something copying stuff to /system, and you get a bootloop, remember you can just enter in TWRP, mount system, and then with advanced > file manager you can delete what you have just copied to /system, this way your phone will boot up properly again ;)

CREDITS

Many many heartily THANKS to:

@[NUT] for his lovely Dual Recovery
    @zxz0O0 for many things (root, helping with recovery, PRF creator etc) and @russel5 for fixing some problems in PRF creator
    @rovo89 for his wonderful xposed
    @C3C076 for excellent GravityBox
    @serajr for many things but especially for his kindness, contributions and in particular for the amazing Xperia Xposed and Blurred UI
    @istux for his FW thread and so nice Status Bar icons spacing fix
    @ondrejvaroscak and @Puffin617 for some very good advices about backing up stuff and installing personal apps respectively
    @mj084 for some packages descriptions and collaboration and suggestions, mirrors etc [emoji14]
    @Carach_CZ and @rak500 for the help in troubleshooting the root problem in unlocked bootloader
    @Gustavo RD78 for his kernel fixing root problems on unlocked BL
    @venkat kamesh for his camera/album link fix!!
    @Wajk for the lockscreen clock fix solution hint and google dialer/contacts mod
    @lee480 for the Z3+/Z4 live wallpaper and bootanimation
    @itandy for unlink ringtones/notifications volume module
    @caspase for AppOpsXposed module (hope the fact I included the module in this rom is not a problem, otherwise please let me know and I will remove it immediately! :eek: )
    @FatMinMin for MinMinGuard xposed module (hope the fact I included the module in this rom is not a problem, otherwise please let me know and I will remove it immediately! :eek: )
    @GenericAsianGuy for neutered signed pre-bloated version of QuickPic (hope the fact I included the apk in this rom is not a problem, otherwise please let me know and I will remove it! :eek: )
    Hi guys, here you are my FINAL release for LP.

V7 for D5803: https://mega.nz/#!HZhmHIyL!fnbpzlE-LoyOc7f_8u2IRKGWzdRw7cVNrzUYGZbibbQ

MD5: 287DDFFC837130512A8B72BDEB437FD4

I guess this will be the last LP fw by sony, btw I won't release other LP stuff in any case, really need some rest now ;)
    I may be back if android M will ever come for Z3C :eek:

CHANGELOG:
    - based on latest .232 EU CE1 fw, that fixes all stagefright vulnerabilities
    - added AppsOps to system (thanks @filou76 for the suggestion)
    - added unlock ringtone and notification volumes xposed module in /data (thanks @itandy, hope it is not a problem otherwise just let me know and I'll remove the module from the rom ;) )

Changed fw so you'll need the whole package. You can dirty flash it.

D5833: sorry guys, but I won't release a V7 for D5833 it seems.. the AiO for D5833 I prepared breaks the phone, and flashing a FTF via flashtool is needed.. really don't know why I spent hours trying to figure out but didn't find the culprit! :( only differences between D5803 and D5833 builds are the base FW (and D5833 FW is surely good, I flash it without problems) and the Extra.zip (different build.prop and permission.xml file), so maybe the Extra.zip has some problems but didn't have time to test it more deeply...
    if someone wants to test it as well: ;)

https://mega.nz/#!KVIE0YTD!8lDomm9_jSyorZcPSPdYxUcveeJOYDYo2VOoXPfuKgw (V5 based on new .200 fw, CE1 Europe)

...seems to be working fine here. of course too soon to speak of the battery.. D5803 only for now

ps. you need to get the whole package as it is
    based on a completely new fw. to keep all your data, just wipe system, cache and dalvik and then flash the rom ;)

Changelog:

- all apps updated (Google services and play store included)

- restored CallWidgetFrameworkPermission (shouldn't be needed it you don't have call recording function but just in case...)

- some Z5 stuff (phonebook, incallui, conversations/messages, bootanimation)

- google Photos removed (it was added in latest fw)

- added QuickPic and MXPlayer in system

md5: 9888ACC9D2B427FC5FD403B8C5A6E984

will update OP later on!

thanks a lot @masuods70 for the base fw i used!!!
    V4 uploaded with small updates (as sony is still not releasing a new FW unbranded with stagefright fix), especially intended for D5833 users (there will be a D5833 dedicated version from now on as some people asked me about that in pvt)

small changelog for V4:

- restored /priv-app/SemcStorageChecker (to avoid FC when going to settings > memory > transfer data to SD card, this way you will get again notification about your storage being almost full when 75% is reached though)
    - restored /priv-app/shell (to avoid errors when using ADB)
    - Z3+ livewallpaper included in the rom (dunno why now it started working fine again even without the "multiple zips trick")
    - all the apps which are included, updated as of today
    - xposed flashable updated to official v74 from rovo89
    - Sony music app installed in /data (only in case of clean installs)
    - dpi increased to 280 for better screen visibility, so things won't be so small as before (but still better than stock value which is way too big for me)

bye!

MD5sums

D5803: BBBBBD2D656D70C0FD5D69F63370F926
    D5833: 1B42A77298E466FE8669A42490E6456D
    v3 uploaded just before leaving for the summer holidays [emoji14]

link: https://mega.nz/#!HAIXQYDT!-xoUTbGTHZcALrhgHzmVN0dHpZjQ993i_Mx8lheIgJM
    md5: 0B4BDB00D27FDF69D12FE66E9B92372D

Just a few but nice changes in it:

- Camera/Album link FIX: at last it is possible to use camera without album installed so you can open the images you take with your favourite image viewer! :eek: (so I removed album in v3, see below) Many thanks @venkat kamesh for making this possible :good:
    - updated google play services and play store to latest in /system/priv-app
    - updated xperia xposed module (dirty flashing v3 this won't be installed, btw if you use this module surely you have already updated it yourself so not a big problem [emoji14] )
    - xposed flashable updated to v70
    - lock screen fix in systemUI (for hour in bold, and minutes in thin font. Thanks again @Wajk for the solution hint!) - see example
    - ar-effect/bgdefocus/infoeye/album/music all removed from /system/priv-app
    No point in keeping them in system too as in case of any updates, you would then have two copies of them (one in /system and one in /data). Considering they can be all (except for infoeye) downloaded from play store, much better to install the latest version directly from the play store (or you can also reinstall them from the __Backup folder just clicking on the apk to install them in /data/app, or restore them the usual way to /system/priv-app if you prefer).
    About Album and Music, if you updated them in the meantime, you will keep the latest release installed in /data so no need to reinstall them.

- ImageEnhancer removed from /system/app

Needed for X-Reality/Super-Vivid in Album app. Considering I removed album I don't need this anymore (didn't like the fake colours I used to get in Album with those options enabled plus I always had to re-enable the X-Reality or Super-Vivid option after each reboot as after rebooting I always found it disabled again!! So got it rid of it completely in the end.. if you need it you can restore it very easily in the standard way as usual)

UPDATING
    If you are updating, no need to download the whole package and install it again. For the lockscreen fix, just flash this from recovery. For the camera/album link fix, just flash this from recovery. Other things as per changelog can be done easily manually if you want!

EXTRA

Z3+ Live Wallpaper working fine in 5.1.1 (follow instructions step by step!)

1. download ZIP_1 and ZIP_2
    2. enter in recovery, flash ZIP_1 and reboot
    3. go to settings > personalization > wallpaper > home and lockscreen > live wallpapers
    4 if the new LW is there in the list > click on it. You will get FC, it is normal don't worry, press OK and reboot to recovery and go to next point. if list is empty, repeat step 2 and 3 until you see it in the list! (you may have to flash ZIP_1 couple of times before to see correctly the new LW in the list ;) )
    5. in recovery flash ZIP_2 and reboot
    6. go again to settings > personalization > wallpaper > home and lockscreen > live wallpapers and now you should be able to set the new Z3+ LW ;) (thanks @freddy1991 for the hint, I just automatized a little the procedure with the flashable zips, and of course @lee480 for the live wallpaper port! ;) )