Google Pixel C

Search This thread

tyvar1

Jan 2, 2012
Stockholm
www.youtube.com
"Google Pixel C 10.2" Tablet With 308ppi, Detachable Keyboard, Lightbar, And Android Marshmallow Coming Later This Year"
1g2laM7.png

nexus2cee_CQFiP8CWcAASJHv.jpg

Specs:
10.2-inch 2560 x 1800 308 PPI touch display with a brightness level of 500 nits
Tegra X1 processor with Maxwell GPU
32 or 64 GB storage
3GB RAM
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Price:
32 GB - $499
62 GB - $599
Keyboard
$149

http://pixel.google.com/

Last edited:

techiedj

May 1, 2011
Fool me twice google? :mad:

It has a 10.2in, 308ppi screen with a bright backlight capable of 500 nits. It is powered by an Nvidia X1 quad-core processor with 3GB of RAM and a Maxwell desktop-class GPU.

Should I start taking bets on full OpenGL 4.X support? :confused:

I would sell my N9 at a huge loss in a heartbeat if I thought the PixelC would have full library support for the X1 from Nvidia. :crying:

CheCorchete

Jul 16, 2012
Santiago
So, why don't call the Pixel C-> Pixel Nexus?. It's Google thinking of leave the Nexus Tablet program, or they're just waiting to release a better product?.

thomase00

Sep 25, 2012
I only just bought the Nexus 9 during HTC's most recent 40% of sale both because of the good price AND because I thought that there was no new tablets from Google this year.

If the Pixel C isn't called a Nexus, even though it runs Android, it probably means that it won't be running strictly AOSP. On the positive side, maybe this means it will have vendor-proprietary performance optimizations. On the negative side, it might not be as developer-friendly as a Nexus.

PivotMasterNM

Jan 19, 2013
Düsseldorf
kinda funny how everybody is suddenly slapping a keyboard onto their tablets haha

I've used the surface and other convertibles before, having a detachable keyboard really is not all good, and if you really consider getting work done on the road a laptop would almost be better in every way possible

but there has to be target audience who will want to have those, I'm just wondering who?

also, I'm interested in the price, whether it will be priced like a nexus or like a pixel

michaelearth

May 27, 2010
South Dakota
This is the first Google tablet that has caught my attention in quite some time. Although, I sort of wish it was going to be released with 4GB ram. Perhaps 3GB is enough though...

EDIT: Does Android Marshmallow have improved RAM management? I was just reading how you can now view how the RAM is being used app by app but wasn't sure if how the OS actually handles RAM management has changed any.

Last edited:

darkchazz

Jul 10, 2011
Let's see here...
nvidia tegra SoC.... yep.. won't even consider buying this thing.

Seriously though, what kind of productivity can we expect to do on an Android tablet?
The only thing I can think of is Microsoft's office apps.

From personal experience, a cheap intel powered chromebook is way batter for productivity than an Android tablet.

darkchazz

Jul 10, 2011
What is so horrible about the Nvidia Tegra X1?

I can't say anything about the X1.
But previous Tegras were hyped by nvidia yet mostly failed to deliver.

Latest being the K1 Denver in the Nexus 9. Benchmark scores are off the roof but performance in day-to-day usage is nowhere near as good.
Power consumption is also quite high and the chip heats up like crazy once you start doing anything more than just scrolling through pages.

snapper.fishes

Aug 7, 2010
Hong Kong
Is this a joke? No stylus support, no mention of improved software interface for tablets. How is this different from a Samsung Tab S2 with a cheap 40 dollars Bluetooth keyboard?

MisiekFoxx

Oct 17, 2013
True to that. I bought a Nexus 9 about half a year ago but sold it again 1 month ago. It can be razor fast however I feel the OS (kernel?) is badly optimised to properly support the powerful processor. The Nexus 9 felt laggy most of the time. At 1 point it bugged me so much I sold it off again. Felt like a beast in a cage :(

Joey R

Sep 30, 2015
So, why don't call the Pixel C-> Pixel Nexus?. It's Google thinking of leave the Nexus Tablet program, or they're just waiting to release a better product?.

Google actually manufactures the Pixel line. They are typically made with stellar quality, design, and materials (and generally priced to match). Nexus devices are manufactured by other companies (LG, Asus, etc). They are made in partnership with Google and offer the clean Android experience. They're also typically very reasonably priced for the hardware offered (the N6 being the exception).

Reactions: reb1995

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 3
I can't say anything about the X1.
But previous Tegras were hyped by nvidia yet mostly failed to deliver.

Latest being the K1 Denver in the Nexus 9. Benchmark scores are off the roof but performance in day-to-day usage is nowhere near as good.
Power consumption is also quite high and the chip heats up like crazy once you start doing anything more than just scrolling through pages.

Ehh, makes me wonder if you actually own the Flounder or if you're just going based off of what you read on the internet lol.

I've got zero issues with power consumption or heat dissipation with my Nexus 9 (Flounder). :laugh:

SwoRNLeaDejZ

Aug 13, 2013
Taunton
www.facebook.com
So all the kiddies in this thread led to me having no choice but to post, as I have been saying this for months over on G+. If you are having any "issues" with the Nexus 9, it is the way you are going about it, and not the tablet. As @NYCHitman1 can attest, the Nexus 9 is very battery efficient, and mine (at least) NEVER overheats, or even gets close to a point where i would consider it "hot". I get about a MONTH of standby time, and routinely see over 10 hours of screen on time when streaming media, and close to 6 hours of SOT when gaming. Never once has it heated up doing either. I love my Nexus 9, and the only way I would consider going with ANYTHING else, would be if Google decided to release another 10 inch Nexus (f the Pixel). I want the ability to let developers improve my device, I want the bigger screen size (after using the N9 for almost a year, I could never go back to a 7 inch screen like my Flo had), and I want to be able to rely on my tablet having battery left even if I don't charge it for a couple days. In my opinion, the Flounder is leaps and bounds an improvement over the 2013 Nexus 7, and I think Google hit a homerun with it. Just my lousy two cents. (Also, I just recently got 900+ hours of Up Time on my N9, with no lag issues, no freezing, and no dip in performance. The attached screenshot is with about 650 hours of Up Time, and it was still going like a champ)

15%2B-%2B1

15%2B-%2B2

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
kinda funny how everybody is suddenly slapping a keyboard onto their tablets haha

I've used the surface and other convertibles before, having a detachable keyboard really is not all good, and if you really consider getting work done on the road a laptop would almost be better in every way possible

but there has to be target audience who will want to have those, I'm just wondering who?

also, I'm interested in the price, whether it will be priced like a nexus or like a pixel

Personally, I will never buy another 10"+ Android tablet that doesn't have at least an option for a keyboard dock. Ever since my Asus T101, I absolutely must have a keyboard dock for any "large" Android tablet. I'm currently using an HP Slatebook 10 x2, which I LOVE. It's super fast, has a great keyboard dock and it just a great device (love the stereo front-facing speakers too!). ANd you can find the Slatebook for about $200 brand new (with keyboard dock).

The problem with this Google device is that they keyboard dock doesn't have a trackpad, any special function keys, a battery in the keyboard dock, etc - it's just missing way to much functionality that a tablet with a keyboard dock should have (the Slatebook x2 has all of this, plus a full sized USB port, full sized HDMI port, etc).

Even when I'm sitting in front of my PC at home, I still use my Slatebook x2 for everything! Android apps just allow you do things so much quicker than using a web browser - and the keyboard dock makes typing a breeze. Love having the extra battery in the keyboard dock as well....

I also have an Asus T100 (Windows 10 tablet/keyboard dock), but it's nowhere near as useful as my Slatebook x2 for day-to-day tasks. Even the T100 is only $200!

I would love a tablet with a REAL keyboard dock from Google, but this device just isn't it...

Just my two cents! :)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk 2

darkchazz

Jul 10, 2011
Ehh, makes me wonder if you actually own the Flounder or if you're just going based off of what you read on the internet lol.

I've got zero issues with power consumption or heat dissipation with my Nexus 9 (Flounder). :laugh:

I have the 32gb white WiFi variant since release back in November. And before that, a Tegra 3 powered 2012 Nexus 7.

Performance of the Nexus 9 has been fine for me.
It can be amazingly fast at times, then there are some occasional stutters

But unless all I do is read books and documents on it, I could never get more than ~5 hour SoT.
The SoC gets quite hot, felt on the back near the camera, on a daily basis for me, especially when browsing the web.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Google Pixel C 10.2" Tablet With 308ppi, Detachable Keyboard, Lightbar, And Android Marshmallow Coming Later This Year"
    1g2laM7.png

nexus2cee_CQFiP8CWcAASJHv.jpg

Specs:
    10.2-inch 2560 x 1800 308 PPI touch display with a brightness level of 500 nits
    Tegra X1 processor with Maxwell GPU
    32 or 64 GB storage
    3GB RAM
    Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Price:
    32 GB - $499
    62 GB - $599
    Keyboard
    $149

http://pixel.google.com/
    Well, that sucks. Looks like it's a waiting game at this point. Hopefully this issue is resolved quickly; like you, I don't want to set up too much on the tablet if I'm only going to wipe it when I unlock the device later. I'd rather only have to do a full set-up once if I can help it.

Got it. I guess it didn't like the usb port on my pc. The command has changed with newer hardware starting with the Nexus 6P. This worked for me.

https://goo.gl/photos/cGwBR2Gh5ogPQHB96

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-unlock-nexus-6p-bootloader
    So all the kiddies in this thread led to me having no choice but to post, as I have been saying this for months over on G+. If you are having any "issues" with the Nexus 9, it is the way you are going about it, and not the tablet. As @NYCHitman1 can attest, the Nexus 9 is very battery efficient, and mine (at least) NEVER overheats, or even gets close to a point where i would consider it "hot". I get about a MONTH of standby time, and routinely see over 10 hours of screen on time when streaming media, and close to 6 hours of SOT when gaming. Never once has it heated up doing either. I love my Nexus 9, and the only way I would consider going with ANYTHING else, would be if Google decided to release another 10 inch Nexus (f the Pixel). I want the ability to let developers improve my device, I want the bigger screen size (after using the N9 for almost a year, I could never go back to a 7 inch screen like my Flo had), and I want to be able to rely on my tablet having battery left even if I don't charge it for a couple days. In my opinion, the Flounder is leaps and bounds an improvement over the 2013 Nexus 7, and I think Google hit a homerun with it. Just my lousy two cents. (Also, I just recently got 900+ hours of Up Time on my N9, with no lag issues, no freezing, and no dip in performance. The attached screenshot is with about 650 hours of Up Time, and it was still going like a champ)

15%2B-%2B1

15%2B-%2B2
    there is a german site reporting that the pixel C is for sale today [12/8]. for 500 euro and keyboard 170 euro, but no order page and since it is mid-morning there as i write this that might have been just bull,