Remove All Ads from XDA
Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: [G920I] [OK9] Bootloader &…
10th October 2015, 01:25 AM
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58

More
[G920I] [OK9] Bootloader & Modem (Updated 30/11/15)
Apologies for me being very inactive on this thread. I do get quite busy and can never really be bothered to package to bootloaders and modems. I also don't have a linux installation setup at the moment either and really can't be bothered. If anyone else wants to package their own bootloaders and modems for any variant then feel free.

I'll leave this link for reference, it is a bit dated but you should be able to work it out from that. Once again, sorry for being inactive, I just don't have the energy or interest to keep this thread going.

These bootloaders & modems are ONLY FOR THE G920I.

FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
I am not responsible for this damaging your device in any way.

I've realized that there was no thread available with up to date downloads on G920I bootloaders. So I've created this thread. I will be attempting to regularly update this thread with the latest bootloaders/modems for the G920I model of the Galaxy S6. So I hope this helps my fellow g920i users!

DOWNLOADS

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

How-to Install:

You can do this procedure any time and it won't wipe anything from your device! You will keep your current ROM, Kernel & Recovery after flashing this.

Do exactly step-by-step the following things:
- Unplug your Phone (IMPORTANT!)
- Turn your Phone completely off (This is IMPORTANT)
- Start your Phone in download mode on this way: Press Vol down + Home + Power button till the screen turns on, press Vol Up to continue (Only enter download mode on this way, otherwise it won't work!!)[/B]
- Open Odin 3.10.6 on your PC (Make sure you're using this version of Odin, other versions won't work correctly maybe!)
- Click on the 'BL' button, and load in your BOOTLOADER tar.md5 file for your model
- Click on the 'CP' button, and load in your MODEM tar.md5 file for your model
- DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE (you can brick your phone if you choose other settings in Odin)
- Now Connect your phone to your computer (DO NOT connect your phone before this step, otherwise it won't work!)
- Click on the Start button
- Wait till it finish flashing.
- Your phone reboots automatically after flashing.
- Always check after flashing: Settings -> About device -> Baseband; that should show the same modem build number noted as here.
And also check if the bootloader got flashed correctly by downloading an AndroidTerminal app, and enter this command: getprop ro.boot.bootloader

Big thanks to Mentalmuso for his help, be sure to check out his WETA rom! And also the odin flashing instructions are borrowed from edgarf28's post.
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to SwornXIII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SwornXIII Ad-Free