[DISCONTINUED][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][UBERTC/linaro]nvertigo-cm-12.1 for SM-T800 16gb

• Thread starter Deleted member 4405529
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NoFaQ

Jun 27, 2014
I just want to start out with a huge THANK YOU!!

I appreciate all your effort, from your free time, and you've asked little in return (user input). Through all iterations I've used, this ROM is the first that made my tablet feel like I thought it should, based on specs. It has been very stable, since March, and has only gotten better with each adjustment.

Through working through my issues, I have learned a lot about trying to fix my own issues, and I have learned a great deal by fixing my mistakes, and how to deal with finicky issues my tablet throws at me.

I fully understand your frustration and decreased motivation to put into continuing minute issues that appear for some. It's a fantastic ROM, very stable, and the best ROM I've used for any device. Good luck and enjoy whatever endeavors you pursue for enjoyment. I hope to continue seeing you tinker with it. It always gives me enjoyment to test out the newest build, but if you choose not to continue working on it, then I wish you loads of fun in whatever fills the time.
This thread has become a consumer thread. Nothing wrong with that. Each user should be able to do, what he wants to.

I'm developing for fun - nothing wrong with that, too. When I started this thread, I decided to try to support you here in this thread. Two weeks ago I decided to iron out the last hassles and put out a non-beta stable build.

Due to the change in users participation and state of mind, I received (with one single exception) no helpful responses. I have given detailed information on what tests I need: no one is responding. You ask me to implement a new feature (f2fs on cahe and data), I put out a test build for that, and again: nothing.

Again: it is ok for me, if the consumer mentality is droping in: "XXX is not working, make it working, but leave me alone with your logcat and your digging for information." Everybody has the right to do so.

And it is my right, to decide, in which way I spent my spare time. At the moment it does not make any sense to me developing this rom. As I told above, I do this for fun - and developing, testing and supporting the way you seem to want it, is no fun at all for me. So I will spend my spare time on activities, that are more valuable for me.

I will not any longer give support here. I will develop for my private use, and will put from time to time a build here.

zigonneux

Oct 13, 2015
Quebec
Don't get so angry, dear German character friend ! If there are no bugs to be found , what do you want me to do beside a big thank you !!! the f2fs on cache and data work fine, Bluetooth work fine also.... There are 150 pages on this thread, the f2fs on cache and data was only a few days ago, I did it only yesterday. Once you said : "OK, now my German character kicks in..." I'd say that it's a fact that you have a German character.... ;) and building roms is your hobby, but dealing with the public is not easy and can be very frustrating. So, it's time for a beer and a reboot.... take a break, but don't forget that many peoples here have a lot of respect for you and their T-800 are working very well because of you. As You say : You are always permitted to read the whole thread, I did so many times and I've learned a lot of thing ... Anyway your thread have 236,942 views, so you were not talking for nothing I guess.

Vielen Dank für Ihre harte Arbeit !
Zeit für eine Pause , und hoffentlich werden wir Sie wieder hier zu sehen. !

Cheers from Canada !

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4405529

Don't get so angry, dear German character friend ! If there are no bugs to be found , what do you want me to do beside a big thank you !!! the f2fs on cache and data work fine, Bluetooth work fine also.... There are 150 pages on this thread, the f2fs on cache and data was only a few days ago, I did it only yesterday. Once you said : "OK, now my German character kicks in..." I'd say that it's a fact that you have a German character.... ;) and building roms is your hobby, but dealing with the public is not easy and can be very frustrating. So, it's time for a beer and a reboot.... take a break, but don't forget that many peoples here have a lot of respect for you and their T-800 are working very well because of you. As You say : You are always permitted to read the whole thread, I did so many times and I've learned a lot of thing ... Anyway your thread have 236,942 views, so you were not talking for nothing I guess.

Vielen Dank für Ihre harte Arbeit !
Zeit für eine Pause , und hoffentlich werden wir Sie wieder hier zu sehen. !

Cheers from Canada !

And I thought canadians speak french, when not playing hockey or speaking english... ;) And: if I would call your posting diplomatic, that would be very euphemistic. It was mote than that. I know I'm a pedantic control freak. And issue's I cant reproduce myself are driving my crazy... :(

Thanx to all ecouraging me.

I would really like bt-audio working for all users, before putting out a non-beta release build.

zigonneux

Oct 13, 2015
Quebec
BT devices ( mostly speakers) are the worst gadgets to have to deal with. With the same BT speakers here, sometimes they take a long time to pair with my tablet, but will pair fine and quickly with my friend's phone, ( both samsung) Unless we pay a lot of $$ for some Bluetooth speakers, i wouldn't worry too much about that. Trying to fix a $20 Chinese Bluetooth device will just give you a headache. Those who use Bluetooth all the time can always try another kernel and rom and see if it will fix their problem. My cheap Bluetooth speakers were dead a few days ago, but decided to resuscitate today , I am testing them right now, with wifi 5g ON and it's OK. Slight stuttering when I've switch to wifi 2.4 on the fly, but after restarting the radio stream, no more problems at all, even when loading heavy web pages with chrome at the same time. (320 AAC radio stream, RadioParadise )
Maybe that those who have a problem have not loaded the kernel properly, dirty flashing or some other strange problem. but it look like most of us don't have a problem with Bluetooth. OOOps a 0.2 second hicup with the music... i don't call this a bug. I am using the web at the same time and the T-800 decided to reconnect on the 5G by itself.
----------------
By the way, Canadians speak English, only the Province of Québec is French. We were conquered by the English because we were too drunk to fight properly :silly: ....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4405529

BT devices ( mostly speakers) are the worst gadgets to have to deal with. With the same BT speakers here, sometimes they take a long time to pair with my tablet, but will pair fine and quickly with my friend's phone, ( both samsung) Unless we pay a lot of $$ for some Bluetooth speakers, i wouldn't worry too much about that. Trying to fix a $20 Chinese Bluetooth device will just give you a headache. Those who use Bluetooth all the time can always try another kernel and rom and see if it will fix their problem. My cheap Bluetooth speakers were dead a few days ago, but decided to resuscitate today , I am testing them right now, with wifi 5g ON and it's OK. Slight stuttering when I've switch to wifi 2.4 on the fly, but after restarting the radio stream, no more problems at all, even when loading heavy web pages with chrome at the same time. (320 AAC radio stream, RadioParadise )
Maybe that those who have a problem have not loaded the kernel properly, dirty flashing or some other strange problem. but it look like most of us don't have a problem with Bluetooth. OOOps a 0.2 second hicup with the music... i don't call this a bug. I am using the web at the same time and the T-800 decided to reconnect on the 5G by itself.
----------------
By the way, Canadians speak English, only the Province of Québec is French. We were conquered by the English because we were too drunk to fight properly :silly: ....

First and most important: I like your sense of humor. And: hey, a good drink is always better then a fight. If we germans would have sticked to this, 20th century would have been much more peacefull. So: cheers! ;)

Back to business:
My latest theorie to bt-audio/a2dp: There are two issues: slight crackling and skipping when 2.4GHz wlan is on heavy use, and jitter all the time when bt-speaker is connected. For the first I have no idea. For the latter: a user of @nexorrs chagalllte build is using a bose soundlink mini. The specs of lthis device are stating, that only 48KHz is supported by soundlink mini. Our chagallwifi audio_policy.conf has only 44.1KHz sampling rate (as the original sammy stock rom).

If somone is owning a bose soundlink mini and has plenty of time, I would like to know, if this one is really always jittering on cm-12.1, and if this does not appear on sammy stock rom.

zigonneux

Oct 13, 2015
Quebec
slightly off topic... testing new kernels and roms on an old nexus 7 2012 and brick it like some guys have done this week made me imagine what it will be like when it will be the time to flash MM 6.0 on the T-800. People might have some incentive to flash an old and slow nexus 7 2012 to try to make it faster. But I can hardly see the point of flashing my T-800 with MM while your rom is working very well. Battery last a long time and there is no lag at all. I know that i'll flash it because I'm a tester, but it will be a scary event :) clean flashes all the time and i won't be the first one in the lineup ... End of thread Hijacking !

D

Deleted member 4405529

Essay on bt-audio

This will be a little longer. So for the people, who think some of my posts are too long, this is the abstract: there are no issues with bt-audio, but very little stutter, when 2.4GHz wlan is on heavy use. It seems to me (but I can't proof with meassurement, it's just my impression) that the highr channels are a little bit better to use while bt is used, then the lower channels.

If you hear only garbage, do this:

1. Power off bt device.
  2. DELETE the bt device from chagallwifi's bt configuration.
  3. Switch off bt on the chagallwifi.
  4. Power off chagallwifi - or do a reboot (NOT! a fast reboot).
  5. Power on both devices.
  6. Repair the bt-device on the chagallwifi.
  7. Listen to Green Day (really great band) ;)

Disclaimer: I'm not an employe of bose, nor do they pay me in any way. (For that matter: I alwys prefered Teufel sound system speakers over the ones from bose.)

The last couple of days I have read many bt-device's specs as well as the a2dp specs from bluetooth.org. This morning I had enough of theorie, so I took my manta, bacon and chagall and went to the mall. Saturn offers me to pair my devices with a sondlink mini II and a soundlink III (the latter is the bigger one).

I was so impressed by the relation between size and sound, tnat I bought a sondlink mini II. I teted with flac (since storage is not really expensive anymore, this is my favorite audio format) files: Baba O'Reiley (The Who), 21 Guns (Green Day) and the duett from Don Carlos and Marpuis de Posa from Verdi's Don Carlos (George Solti; tne digital remastered version of the recording). This three songs played via soundlink mini lI completley blowed my mind. I wouldn't take this device as a neutral studio monitor, but it is just fun for the ears, what bose is doing. The difference to the much larger soundlink III is, that the latter is much louder in the end. Regarding to clearness and transparence of the music the mini is on the same level than the larger one - for my ears even a bit better. So they got me, and I was unable to not buying this device... (compared to the beatspill I could test there also, the bose devices are playing in their own league.)

Playing the files locally on the device with wifi off I can't hear any issues. The same goes for the test with local files and 5GHz wlan on and rsyncing a file (rsync lis a unix tool to sync two directories or files; I used this rom's zip to get usage on wlan. Playing local files with 2.4GHz wlan on gives some skips (aboit one per minute, Iwould say). The same goes if I play the files remote from my bacon (bacon has hotspot on and samba is the fileserver for es-explorer).

BTW: the interference with 2.4GHz is reproducable with bacon and manta.

I was pairing/unpairing all the time. No problems, but the described interferenoce with 2.4GHz wlan. I also tested with audio fx for bt on and off. Regarding the skips it doesn't make any difference (my ears told me, the best sound from the mini II is achieved when audio fx is completely off - it's really a maze, what this small device is making with music!)

On my way back, I used my new device paired with bacon in the car: it clearly outperformed my car hifi (opel astra build in).

At home I reconnected the mini II to chagall, and I could only hear garbage: not music with crackling, but a real mess: I couldn't even have guessed, what title is playing. Totally unusable. I disconnected and reconnected: the same - garbage.

I tried to connect my bacon: error: wrong pin, couldn't pair.

Long story short: I had to switch off the mini II, delete the device from the chagall's bt configuration, switch off bt on the chagall, reboot the chagall, and after switching on bt again and repairing the mini II, I had christal clear sound again. (I didn't need to reboot my bacon, it repairs perfectly, after the power cycle on the mini II.)

Some other details I realized while testing:

At least on flac files the cm music app sounds clearer then google play music. Bacon is a very little bit clearer than chagall, which is better on sound than manta.

When playing youtube videos there is a little lag between lips mobement and sound (very, very little. You can observe in your born language - I couldn't see/hear this lag on an english spoken clip, but on german ones. To realize this lagging you need to be used in seeing, speaking and hearing the language - so I consider this lagging as very small).

The salespersons at Saturn get nervous, if you sit to the floor, get two tablets out of your backpack and start playing with three bt-devices at the same time... ...but it's fun for you. ;) When I started to explain, what I try to do, the salesperson roles eyes. When I asked him which mandatoty a2dp codecs these devices support, he excuses and went away. ;)

The important insights of this day for me so far:
  1. Mini II is a great device. Really.
  2. The 2.4GHz wlan is old, slow and obsoleted by 5GHz. It should go away... ;)
  3. Green Day is a great band.

D

Deleted member 4405529

slightly off topic... testing new kernels and roms on an old nexus 7 2012 and brick it like some guys have done this week made me imagine what it will be like when it will be the time to flash MM 6.0 on the T-800. People might have some incentive to flash an old and slow nexus 7 2012 to try to make it faster. But I can hardly see the point of flashing my T-800 with MM while your rom is working very well. Battery last a long time and there is no lag at all. I know that i'll flash it because I'm a tester, but it will be a scary event :) clean flashes all the time and i won't be the first one in the lineup ... End of thread Hijacking !

Hihi, from hockey you know, it's all about courage and fitness... *lol*

But if you look at the adrenaline/effort relationship, I can promise that it's the best when you flash your first homebuild to a device...

As for MM: if you like aosp and have a nexus device, I completely understand to flash MM. If you like cm - as I do - and like the cm-ish features, then you should wait till the cm guys have ported their features. When I switched from developing cm11 for chagall to cm12, I was MUCH to early: only some features was ported. I'm quite curious, if cm is using the aosp multi window feature.

And for having a device bricked: who has never bricked his device, is flashing not often enough... Who has never softbricked his/hers device, was never walking on the edge. Who has never hardbricked a device, was never over the edge. (Before you ask: yes, I have often softbricked devices, when developing. Yes I have hardbricked a device once, when I flashed some dd partition backups via fastboot flash, and sadly crossflashed primary-bootloader- and modem-partition.... Sometimes you have to pay the price for your learning curve...)

zigonneux

Oct 13, 2015
Quebec
The salespersons at Saturn get nervous, if you sit to the floor, get two tablets out of your backpack and start playing with three bt-devices at the same time... ...but it's fun for you. ;) When I started to explain, what I try to do, the salesperson roles eyes. When I asked him which mandatoty a2dp codecs these devices support, he excuses and went away. ;)
The important insights of this day for me so far:
  1. Mini II is a great device. Really.
  2. The 2.4GHz wlan is old, slow and obsoleted by 5GHz. It should go away... ;)
  3. Green Day is a great band.

At least you bought a sondlink mini II , so when you'll go back to that store they won't hide from you and call the men in white coat ! :eek: I know that you will release a MM 6 , so I'm patiently waiting. ( sort of) As soon as a CM 13 will be out, you'll jump on it and port it to chagall. Don't tell me that you will stop after cm 12.1, you'll sound like Amy Winehouse... Quite a few softbricked devices on my part, adrenaline start pumping and we wish we had 4 hands and more buttons to push. Hardbricked only 1 router so far = garbage. My kid told me yesterday to stop flashing his old nexus 7 , It's driving him crazy, he never know if he will loose it or not :D
The problem with 5GHz is that the signal doesn't go far enough. We all think that we will eventually have to use it because the 2.4 band is too crowded, but the TV cable co. are also using 5gz with their wireless Tv receivers so I start seeing quite a few 5ghz devices on my scanner.
Now I'll go check what's the difference between Bluetooth 3.2 up to 4.2, there are BIG differences. Like speed and Ipv6 support for 4.2. So , the outcome of testing a bluetooth speaker would depend of the hardware also. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014...rings-ipv6-better-privacy-and-increased-speed >

hurray

Oct 25, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 3
@nvertigo67: thanks for the tip with the Bose mini II. I think I have to go into a shop and test one of them a little bit. :D
For the Tab S I am a little sad that I give it away as for now the Tab S2 is a little bit "boring" from a flashing perspective: no CM in sight and the original rom (debloated of course) runs fast and stable. :)
It was a lot of fun to test new features that you brought to us. I miss this a little bit... ;)

D

Deleted member 4405529

TESTBUILD or better: RC1

(Hopefully) the last TESTBUILD before leaving beta status.:D

I added ant+ from @nexorr (the hero who is fighting cm-12.1 to the chagalllte). Anyone has a ant+ device (ant and ant+ is used for sensors like heartbeat monitor; it's a prprietary protocol originating from a group of companies around Garmin)? Would be nice to know, if this works.

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12.1-20151031-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
MD5: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12.1-20151031-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip.md5sum

Happy flashing!

D

Deleted member 4405529

I was so impressed from this little sound devil that I bought today a white Bose SoundLink Mini II. :D Especially in conjunction with the Neutron Music Player (which is worth every cent) an awesome and powerful portable sound solution.

Yes, I know, what you mean: I saw this device first, smiling selfconfident while thinking 'Mhh, they want that much money for this toy". Then I heard the sound emerging from "this toy"...

Just downloaded the free version of Neutron Music Player. The sound (with soround sound enabled, all other settings left to their defaults) of this app is great; I would give 6 of 5 stars. But the interface... ...is -1 star. So I give 5 stars... ;)

hurray

Oct 25, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 3
Yes, I know, what you mean: I saw this device first, smiling selfconfident while thinking 'Mhh, they want that much money for this toy". Then I heard the sound emerging from "this toy"...

Just downloaded the free version of Neutron Music Player. The sound (with soround sound enabled, all other settings left to their defaults) of this app is great; I would give 6 of 5 stars. But the interface... ...is -1 star. So I give 5 stars... ;)

You are right: the interface isn't that good but I never have a player that has a so well optimised output. The "automatic gain protection" e.g. is an awesome feature for preventing clipping and if your use the 4 or 10 bands graphic equalizer with care you are able to optimize the output to the maximum possible. For me e.g. I use it to raise the lows and mids a little bit (for me the 4 band eq is enough).

Attachments

• 1446310783468.jpg
    1446310783468.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 195
D

Deleted member 4405529

At least you bought a sondlink mini II , so when you'll go back to that store they won't hide from you and call the men in white coat ! :eek: I know that you will release a MM 6 , so I'm patiently waiting. ( sort of) As soon as a CM 13 will be out, you'll jump on it and port it to chagall. Don't tell me that you will stop after cm 12.1, you'll sound like Amy Winehouse... Quite a few softbricked devices on my part, adrenaline start pumping and we wish we had 4 hands and more buttons to push. Hardbricked only 1 router so far = garbage. My kid told me yesterday to stop flashing his old nexus 7 , It's driving him crazy, he never know if he will loose it or not :D
The problem with 5GHz is that the signal doesn't go far enough. We all think that we will eventually have to use it because the 2.4 band is too crowded, but the TV cable co. are also using 5gz with their wireless Tv receivers so I start seeing quite a few 5ghz devices on my scanner.
Now I'll go check what's the difference between Bluetooth 3.2 up to 4.2, there are BIG differences. Like speed and Ipv6 support for 4.2. So , the outcome of testing a bluetooth speaker would depend of the hardware also. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014...rings-ipv6-better-privacy-and-increased-speed >

To be honest, I'ver read so much specs, standards and protocol definitions, that I only have overflown the link and the pdf referenced in that article. I may be wrong, but I can't stand the feeling, we should kill all salesmanagers.... ;) It seems to me, that they are doing all the proprietary ****, they had done to wlan standards, now with bluetooth.

i.e.: wlan 802.11n is still draft. But all companies build and produce based on the draft - but not stick to the word - leading to all kind of issues in interoperability. :( Let's go ahead to 802.11ac, 'cause the salesmanager command this, 'cause it reads so nice in the ads. In the end we all (users, software developers, hardware developers) suffer from so called standards, of which each network device vendor has a slightly own version or understanding...

And for the speed: if the vendors of network devices would be treated like VW with their faked data, they had to pay billions... i.e.: I have seen ftp througput for gigabit ethernet of nearly 120MB/s between two netbsd boxes. That's exactly the the theoretical speed a 1000Mbit network can handle. But even on an unsed 802.11n wlan with 300MBit connection, I can hardly produce a throughput of 3,5 MB/s. Theoretical 300Mbit equals 36MB/s. We are betrayed by over 1000%. Even car vendors betray with their numners about consumtion "only" by 14% - 20%.

Extrapolated to bt that means: if they are promising ipv6 through a simple software/firmware update (WITHOUT recertification - that one must be a joke, I can't laugh about - we don't get ipv6 in bt 4.2, but ipv1.317... *lol*

Again this german character: I like standards - theoreticallythey should make life easier. Theoretically... ;

When in doubt, blame the OS vendor! ;) ;) ;)

Rethinking it's no surprise, that bt and wlan interfere. It's no surprise, that bt-audio struggles here and there. The real surprise is, that we can hear something from the bt speakers at all.

Reactions: hurray
D

Deleted member 4405529

You are right: the interface isn't that good but I never have a player that has a so well optimised output. The "automatic gain protection" e.g. is an awesome feature for preventing clipping and if your use the 4 or 10 bands graphic equalizer with care you are able to optimize the output to the maximum possible. For me e.g. I use it to raise the lows and mids a little bit (for me the 4 band eq is enough).

Will try your settings.

After seeing your screenshot, I should have tested the player with my bacon. On the chagall the interface is more ugly - i.e.: the checkboxes not only violates android/cm style guidelines, on the chagall they are much too LARGE and spread their uglyness (does this word exists in English? over our wunderfull amoled-display.

Again: the sound is hearable better then with Music.apk.

D

Deleted member 4405529

Hotfix for RC1

I made a mistake, when thinking my adjustments to media_codecs_google_video.xml and media_codecs_ffmpeg.xml were obsolet. The thumbnail cache of gallery tricked me.

Anyway, this is - of course - no showstopper fo a non-beta release.

And here comes the hotfix:

Download the attached two files, and copy them with a root enabled filemanger (or from a root shell with /system mounted rw: "mount -o temount,rw /system") to /system/etc over the existing two files. Then reboot (not fast reboot).

EDIT: Attached the two file as 7zip archive: xda don't like xml files.

Attachments

• OMX-Hotfix.7z
    1.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:

imachine

Feb 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S7
I have a huge translation error, of the clock calendar widget. Where to message about a possible fix? I also miss the Polish keyboard layout as an option for physical, Bluetooth keyboard - having an option to choose Slovenian, Slovakian and Czech, I think it's clearly an error - Slovenia is like 2 million people. Where to report these two errors so they get fixed asap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4405529
    Bad news: this build is discontinued.

Good news: lineageos is comming to chagallwifi. @Paulicat from TeamExynos5420 is doing a great job: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/rom-lineageos-14-1-sm-t700-t800-coming-t3535159

CU, Nvertigo

I do not do any further builds of this rom. But thanx to @ristokoo - who is not just talking, but taking action - and thanx to @deadman96385, who will commit future fixes - the rom is carried on. For the most current builds look at the last pages of this thread for @ristokoo's builds. Since @ristokoo has no working build-environment, I'll provode you with security fixes and - propably - monthly updates. Many, many Thanx to @ristokoo for his time, dedication and support!

IMPORTANT: from build 201151118 on it is mandatory to use a Lollopop boot loader!!! You can check your bootloader version in a rooted shell (adb shell or terminal): "getprop ro.boot.bootloader" the third last digit has to be "O". A odin flashable tar for BOJ1 can be found here.

Please refer to posting #3 on how to report an issue.

IMPORTANT: netflix does NOT show HD content for the most devices. For detailed information refer to this posting.

I consider the builds from 20151112 on as non-beta and stable.

Don't expect nightlys. I'm planing one build per 10 - 14 days. @lionheartk is pushing upstream updated builds from time to time. You can find them in the thread when he publishs them - so read the thread. When hunting down an issue or implementing new features, I will push test-builds in the thread - not here in OP.

CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.'æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/About

Code:
    #include 

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Credits
    • @Barracuda77777 (without his contributitions and encouragement there would be no cm11 rom. He alone saved me from loosing myself in source code! Whenever I got stuck he came up with the brilliant change or the day saving idea. Thank you, brother!)
    • @UpInTheAir (most of the code changes in the kernel from the last 10 days before Christmas are from his SkyHigh kernel. He let me use his code, and most important: he explained with endless patience to me what I was doing... ;) To reflect this the default branch of our kernel is no longer cm-11.0 but cm-11.0-sh [sh for small sister of SkyHigh]. Thank you, mate!
    • @crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits - the base @Barracuda77777 and me sstarted of from)
    • @eousphoros (for his device git: the base for @crpalmers work)
    • @lionheartk for providing twice-a-weak-builds.
    • @diegocr for getting rid of repackrom.
    • @deadman96385 for the kernel source from build 20151118 on.
    • @halaszk88, @faux123 and all the others I forgot

Unique Features
    Features not to find in cm at the moment:
    • sswap support (using sswap binary for utilizing the swap partion of chagallwifi)
    • init.d support
    • modulized kernel and module loading support through init.d script 01moduleload

Known Issues
    • MHL has no sound and wrong colors
    • If you map MENU to a capacitive key (no matter if key itself or "long press", it will not work - workaround: do not map MENU to anything at all, then the apps are forced to show action overflow menu (aks 3 dot menu) - works on some apps (i.e. bootloguptime) on others not.
    • Some minor crackling when using bt-audio the same time as 2.4GHz wlan (5Ghz wlan is issue free).
    • No real issue, but a not currently supported feature: no onscreen navbar. If you want it - no problem: This is your chance to give something to the community!!! Untill you fixed it, you can use this untested workaround
    • YOU tell us... ;)
    Before reporting issues install the most recent release, read the thread and in doubt do a clean flash. For reporting an issue, please read posting number three

Installation
    1. I recommend official twrp3 build from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65594033&postcount=315
    2. Do a nandroid backup (and try at least once a restore to be sure it works - reboot to recovery in between backup and restore)
    3. Download the flashable zip and check md5 checksum
    4. read thread (reread postings 1 to 5)
    5. Always do a "clean flash" as described in posting #2 (if you are already on my cm12 rom you can try a "dirty flash" as described in #2 - if you come from any other rom "clean flash" is mandatory!)
    6. (optional: flash gapps)

Recomended
    1. Third party installations of busybox may affect rom; read this.
    2. opengapps: opengapps.org. I use the nano package for arm, version 5.1, from 20151129 (newer may work - but 1129 is proofed to work, as 0304 - for example - is proofed to be an issue).

On Xposed
    Xposed is not supported in this thread: xposed changes systemfiles, so the resulting system is not the origin rom any longer. I don't want to discourage anybody from using xposed with this rom: if everything works, you are fine. If issues occur, clean flash with only gapps installed and reproduce the issue.

Source code
    Device: https://github.com/nvertigo/android_device_samsung_chagallwifi
    Kernel: https://github.com/nvertigo/android_kernel_samsung_chagallwifi
    Binaries: https://github.com/nvertigo/android_vendor_samsung_chagallwifi
    Standard build branch is current-12.1.
    (Due to heavy work in progress git repositories are not always up to date.)

WARNING: try to not ask already answered questions - this will lead to bad karma, which leads to unwanted side-effects in your life. Kidding, of course - but really try to read the thread.

Changlog and Download

Mirrors are welcome. Thank you in advance!

For cm-12 upstream changelog please consult: http://www.cmxlog.com/12/#

Build 20161118

• Fixed Zygote whitelist after the patchup from android security bullentin.
      Build with UBERTC/linaro toolchains instead of aosp's stock toolchains.

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767116515
    MD5: f1a68ffce9144ecb9582a3deea61286d

History

Build 20160123

No changes in device-tree and kernel - just a maintain-release with all the cm changes (12:00 h GMT).

ROM: link follows, as soon as upload has finished.
    MD5: b65a084022752fd753ac5286b7085352

Build 20160113

Changelog:
    • Double tap to wake: fix settings. — nvertigo
    • BoardConfig.mk: enable BOARD_HARDWARE_CLASS. — nvertigo
    • powerhal: enable wake_gesture when screen switches off, and disable wake_gesture when screen switches on. — nvertigo
    • CMHW: Add Double Tap to Wake support (1/2) — Sean Hoyt
    • Switch to software h264 decoding — Sean Hoyt
    • kernel: use deadman97385@xda's deathly kernel again. — nvertigo
    • proprietary-files.txt: not maintained, therefore extract-files.sh and setup-makefiles.sh are needless. — nvertigo
    • cm.dependencies: removed; doesn't work with UNOFFICIAL builds. — nvertigo
    • sepolicy: allow netd module_request and fsetid. — nvertigo
    • sepolicy: allow hostapd searching in efs_file:dir. — nvertigo
    • fstab: add length for encryptable footer. — nvertigo
    • device.mk: fix PRODUCT_AAPT_CONFIG, this should not contain dpi keywords. — nvertigo
    • CMHW: Add Double Tap to Wake support (2/2
    • changed to cyanogenmod_chagallwifi_defconfig. — nvertigo
    • power_profile: Correct values from stock rom — Schischu
    • Inform vendor/cm that BFQ is in use — Sam Mortimer
    • synaptics_dsx: Add double tap to wake support — Schischu
    • chagallwifi: add IKCONFIG and IKCONFIG_PROC as module. — nvertigo
    • synaptics_dsx: Add double tap to wake support — Schischu
    • chagallwifi: add support for /proc/config.gz — Sean hoyt
    • tc300k: Fix blinking of capacitive buttons — Schischu

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960684813
    MD5: 4b7a25fd16e9c11bf8f73d2f2bf4da3b

Mirror:
    https://github.com/nvertigo/android...-20160113-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Happy Flashing!

Build 20151118
    IMPORTANT: from build 201151118 on it is mandatory to use a Lollopop boot loader!!! You can check your bootloader version in a rooted shell (adb shell or terminal): "getprop ro.boot.bootloader" the third last digit has to be "O". A odin --flashable tar for BOJ1 can be found here.

Also I strongly recomend a clean flash this time - sorry, folks.

Changelog:
    • Changed kernel source: this rom comes with deathly kernel from @deadman96385 (Thanx, dude!).
    • Changed kernel graphics driver f-rom t6xx to midgard.
    • Updated mali blobs to Lollipop.-
    • Fixed missing selinux domains for macloader and sswap.

If you expirience bt-audo issues, when using 2.4GHz wlan at the same time, you can try flashing an other audio_policy.conf from here. Depending on your bt-audio-device, time of day, moonphase and humidity one or an other will give better results.

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12.1-20151118-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12.1-20151118-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip.md5sum

Mirror:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982086999228 Thanx to @diegocr
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63903074&postcount=1617 Thanx to Hannibal226
    Mirroring is welcome! Please use Mirror as soon as availible - I'm running out of data volume on my download host!

Happy flashing!

Build 20151113
    I'm quite proud to call this build the first non-beta, stable release. As I can tell from the user testing of the last test builds, this is the most reliable, media compatible and nearly issue free combination of the configurations we tested. it has chagalls native kitkat mali blobs. Most of the other blobs are from kitkat, too - only wifi-, bt- and widevine blobs are lollipop. I reverted the introduction od lollipop OMX-blobs, 'cause the lollipop ones were introducing some small issues with media playback.

If you expirience bt-audo issues, when using 2.4GHz wlan at the same time, you can try flashing an other audio_policy.conf from here. Depending on your bt-audio-device, time of day, moonphase and humidity one or an other will give better results.

Changelog:
    • Update mali blobs to native chagall version.
    • BoardConfig.mk: derp: fix wrong path. — nvertigo (HEAD -> 121-work
    • Boardconfig.mk: updated graphics and FIMGAPI settings. — nvertigo
    • cm.mk: remove \ from last line. — nvertigo
    • Update to BOJ1: wifi and bluetooth. See also the changes in the vendor-git. — nvertigo
    • audio: desabled offloading again; makes things worse. — nvertigo
    • add 48k sampling rate for a2dp — Franco Rapetti
    • audio: added audio offload. Idea from cm's i9500 git. — nvertigo
    • BoardConfig.mk: cleanup and beautyfy. — nvertigo
    • Revert "audio_policy.conf: update from N9005." — nvertigo
    • Disable journaling on system image for save space — nexor (nvertigo/current-12.1, current-12.1
    • audio: Fix ril log tag. — Andreas Schneider
    • hal: audio: Match HAL function prototypes. — Andreas Schneider
    • Various storage fixes — Sinisa (thermskin
    • fstab.universal5420: fix vold warnings — Sinisa (thermskin
    • device.mk: Add permissions for bluetooth and voip — Andrew Tarabaras
    • Add firmware path for Station, fixes wifi hotspot — Andrew Tarabaras
    • patches: adjusted OMX-google-ffmpeg.diff to upstream. — nvertigo
    • audio_policy.conf: update from N9005. — nvertigo
    • patches: adjusted OMX-google-ffmpeg.diff to upstream changes. — nvertigo
    • rootdir/etc/fstab.universal5420: enabled the additional use of f2fs for /cache and /data. From UpInTheAir@xda — nvertigo

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12.1-20151112-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12.1-20151112-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip.md5sum

Mirror:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63820133&postcount=1594 Thanx to @Hannibal226

Happy Flashing!

Build 20150413

Updated from cm-12.0 to cm-12.1 - cm-12.1 is based on AOSP 5.1. Remeber to update your gapps package to 5.1. I recommend pa gapps pico: http://xdaforums.com/paranoid-android/general/5-1-x-5-0-x-4-4-x-pa-gapps-mirror-t3069879

ROM: http://162.220.240.98/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12.1-20150413-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: bdc8dc0937ac7416bad5314a45896719#

Mirrors:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60089014&postcount=893 Thanx to @Hannibal226

Build 20150331

Another sepolicy fix allows the cm-12.0 bootanimation to show up immidietly on boot. ccode is reverted to 00.

Changlog:
    • sepolicy: allow surfacflinger to add Exynos.HWCService. — Nvertigo
    • chagallwifi: init: Do not override init.rc! — Christopher R. Palmer
    • chagallwifi: init: Remove reference to init.recovery.universal5420.usb.rc — Christopher R. Palmer
    • Revert "Compile stock and Samsung MTPs together [AndreiLux]" — Nvertigo
    • Revert "enable CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_SAMSUNG_MTP again." — Nvertigo
    • Revert ccode to 00. — Nvertigo

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12-20150331-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: 7161aed1b89f7190702dc5abe77a6f18

Mirrors:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59820711&postcount=806 thanx to @Hannibal226

Build 20150319

This build has a significant advantage: I fixed sepolicy in a way (see git for details), that it's NOT necessary any longer to flash @Chainfires SuperSU. Init.d is working right out of the box. Also Titanium has fixed its problems with cm's superuser. I have adjusted the OP accordingly, so I recommend you read OP again.

I also worked again on MTP and UMS: UMS is only working without problems, if you DON'T use move2sdvard, 'cause sdcard gets unmounted to present it as mass storage to the device on the other end of your usb-cable. BUT: MTP is presenting internal AND external memory WITH ALL DIRECTORIES and not only media containing directories - so you can use it at least on windows machines as substitute for UMS.

The kernel modifications I introduced with rhe seperate keenel are included in roms kernel, and I set ccode for 2.4GHz to EU.

Changelog:
    • wifi country code: set ccode to EU for 2.4GHz to enable channel 12 and 13. — Nvertigo
    • Revert "selinux: make init.d work again." — Nvertigo
    • sepolicy: allow debuggerd access to mali. — Nvertigo
    • sepolicy: vold: allow module_request. — Nvertigo
    • sepolicy: fix init.d support for 01moduleload and 10systemtuning. — Nvertigo
    • include/linux/sched.h: fix my derp from incomplete conflict resolving. — Nvertigo
    • defconfig: enable CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES_ARM_BS. — Nvertigo
    • defconfig: adjusted cyanogenmod_chagallwifi_defconfig after incorparating manta's 5.1 from exynos5420. — Nvertigo
    • for not in cm tree building: adjust CROSS_COMPILE; can be overwritten on command line. — Nvertigo
    • HID: input: generic hidinput_input_event handler — David Herrmann
    • net/compat.c,linux/filter.h: share compat_sock_fprog — Will Drewry
    • sk_run_filter: add BPF_S_ANC_SECCOMP_LD_W — Will Drewry
    • ARM: pull in <asm/simd.h> from asm-generic — Ard Biesheuvel
    • crypto: create generic version of ablk_helper — Ard Biesheuvel
    • ARM: 8120/1: crypto: sha512: add ARM NEON implementation — Jussi Kivilinna
    • ARM: 8119/1: crypto: sha1: add ARM NEON implementation — Jussi Kivilinna
    • ARM: 8118/1: crypto: sha1/make use of common SHA-1 structures — Jussi Kivilinna
    • crypto: arm-aes - fix encryption of unaligned data — Mikulas Patocka
    • CRYPTO: Fix more AES build errors — Russell King
    • ARM: add .gitignore entry for aesbs-core.S — Russell King
    • ARM: add support for bit sliced AES using NEON instructions — Ard Biesheuvel
    • ARM: move AES typedefs and function prototypes to separate header — Ard Biesheuvel
    • ARM: 7837/3: fix Thumb-2 bug in AES assembler code — Ard Biesheuvel
    • ARM: 7723/1: crypto: sha1-armv4-large.S: fix SP handling — Ard Biesheuvel
    • ARM: 7626/1: arm/crypto: Make asm SHA-1 and AES code Thumb-2 compatible — Dave Martin
    • arm/crypto: Add optimized AES and SHA1 routines — David McCullough
    • ARM: add seccomp syscall — Kees Cook
    • CHROMIUM: ARM: r1->r0 for get/set arguments — Will Drewry
    • CHROMIUM: ARM: arch/arm: allow a scno of -1 to not cause a SIGILL — Will Drewry
    • CHROMIUM: arch/arm: select HAVE_ARCH_SECCOMP_FILTER — Will Drewry
    • CHROMIUM: arch/arm: move secure_computing into trace; respect return code — Will Drewry
    • CHROMIUM: arch/arm: add asm/syscall.h — Will Drewry
    • cgroup: remove synchronize_rcu(
    • power: Avoids bogus error messages for the suspend aborts. — Ruchi Kandoi
    • freezer: shorten freezer sleep time using exponential backoff — Colin Cross
    • seccomp: Use atomic operations that are present in kernel 3.4. — Robert Sesek
    • seccomp: implement SECCOMP_FILTER_FLAG_TSYNC — Kees Cook
    • seccomp: allow mode setting across threads — Kees Cook
    • seccomp: introduce writer locking — Kees Cook
    • seccomp: split filter prep from check and apply — Kees Cook
    • sched: move no_new_privs into new atomic flags — Kees Cook
    • Fix execve behavior apparmor for PR_{GET,SET}_NO_NEW_PRIVS — John Johansen
    • seccomp: add "seccomp" syscall — Kees Cook
    • seccomp: split mode setting routines — Kees Cook
    • seccomp: extract check/assign mode helpers — Kees Cook
    • seccomp: create internal mode-setting function — Kees Cook
    • CHROMIUM: seccomp: set -ENOSYS if there is no tracer — Will Drewry
    • seccomp: fix build warnings when there is no CONFIG_SECCOMP_FILTER — Will Drewry
    • seccomp: ignore secure_computing return values — Will Drewry
    • seccomp: use a static inline for a function stub — Stephen Rothwell
    • ptrace,seccomp: Add PTRACE_SECCOMP support — Will Drewry
    • seccomp: Add SECCOMP_RET_TRAP — Will Drewry
    • signal, x86: add SIGSYS info and make it synchronous. — Will Drewry
    • seccomp: add SECCOMP_RET_ERRNO — Will Drewry
    • seccomp: remove duplicated failure logging — Kees Cook
    • seccomp: add system call filtering using BPF — Will Drewry
    • seccomp: kill the seccomp_t typedef — Will Drewry
    • arch/x86: add syscall_get_arch to syscall.h — Will Drewry
    • Add PR_{GET,SET}_NO_NEW_PRIVS to prevent execve from granting privs — Andy Lutomirski
    • prctl: adds PR_SET_TIMERSLACK_PID for setting timer slack of an arbitrary thread. — Ruchi Kandoi
    • mm: add a field to store names for private anonymous memory — Colin Cross

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12-20150319-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: d3164baca1f11987a61a306f87d7985f

Mirrors:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59573116&postcount=693 Thanx to @Hannibal226

Build 20150310

• fix vulnerability to FREAK attack in Browser.apk. Until cm (there are curtently two diffrent suggestions in gerrit to fix this) commits a fix, every rom builder can do this before brunching:
      Code:
      pushd external/chromium_org/third_party/openssl
      git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.org/CyanogenMod/android_external_chromium_org_third_party_openssl refs/changes/39/90739/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
      popd
    • kernel: gone back a few steps (for details see git). After patching kernel to 3.4.106 and applying some additional commits, I hoped increasing speed and decreseaing battary usage, I realized in many loading cycles, that one or some of the additional commits slightly decrease battery life (the opposide of my intention) - so I removed them again. Sadly I have not the time to examine, which commit really did the bad. I will push the questionable commits in branch "questionable". Everybody can test which commit is the culprit patch. My gut feeling suggests the "squash 'enhanced power efficiency' patch" commit. I would be very thankful for help on testing, 'cause it's very time consuming. You need AT LEAST two complete recharging cycles to make an educated decission. Thanx in advance.
    • UMS mode: fix write acces to device.

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12-20150310-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: 77cc7bc67818f1251dcf295482fddd65

Mirrors:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59363050&postcount=578 thanx to @Hannibal226

Build 20150305

• Changed wifi countrycode back to 00 (rememner to adjust this to the country code your wifi router is operating in, if expirience wifi issues)
    • Updated f2fs driver

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12-20150305-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: 4229d8df0afd698fe0c10dfaed3327db

Mirrors:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59253368&postcount=540 thanx to @Hannibal226

Build 20150228

• KODI/XBMC and some games,no input issue solved.
    • Power off charging fixed.
    • Updated kernel to 3.4.106.
    • Cherry picked some effiziency changes from SkyHigh (thanx to @UpInTheAir
    • USB UMS mode fixed.
    • Added mdnie mode setting to init.d/10systemtuning. From: rklrkl@xda.
    • Make wifi 2.4GHz channel 12 (and perhaps channel 13) working again.

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12-20150228-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: e6ff3a48b31826cfc5c1e31211062e2e

Mirrors:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59161974&postcount=501 thanx to @Retiredfinally
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59175868&postcount=507 thanx to @Hannibal226
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59179113&postcount=509 thanx to @Bantryred

Build 20150203
    • fix move to sd card. (*)— Nvertigo
    • fix power off charging (lpm charging) partly. (**) — Nvertigo
    • chagallwifi: sepolicy: Fix denial killing CM's SetupWizard — Christopher R. Palmer
    • chagallwifi: bluetooth: Fix audit denial — Christopher R. Palmer
    • sepolicy: fix gpsd: simplify file_contexts; restrict gpsd access to files to the required rights. — Nvertigo
    • chagallwifi: wifi: Switch to world regulatory domain. — Christopher R. Palmer

(*) Works even if wiping system to do a rom-flash, but be carefull: it takes time. If you have moved some apps to sdcard wait for 10 minutes or so after boot seems completed before logging in. On a test I was impatient and the apps seems to have gone from homescreen (nova) and appdrawer, but after a while they was back in app-drawer and I had to readd them to home screen. If waiting a bit before logging in, everything is in place.
    Remember when apps are moved to sd, that a nandroid WILL NOT(!) INCLUDE THE MOVED APPS.
    Not all apps are movable. If you move apps, that require root, you will be asked again to allow root (like you just reinstalled them).

(**) power off charging IS working. It charges and does not emergency reboot to recovery any longer. It even shows the sammy charging animation, BUT gpio keys (power, volume and home) do not work. So you can't reboot, while plugged in. You also can't switch on screen with animation again. If you want to reboot, plug off device, then the screen will come on with charging status. Wait til it goes black again, wait for three more seconds, and start your device normally with the power button.

This build is done from the 12-work branches of my three gits. I will push this status to current-12.0 soon.

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12-20150203-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: 2d0c5826ba5d2ba1d2f3761c5165664a

Build 20150128
    • fixed selinux for gps
    • fixed selinux for init.d support works only if you flash @Chainfire's SuperSU

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12-20150128-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: 36bc597e89be0af6233abf4f4824bc69

Build 20150125
    • fixed netflix
    • adjusted battary capacity to our 7900 mAH specs
    • all upstreammcommits till 20150125 18:00 h UTC

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12-20150125-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: ac0d1198c4100b407bcc46a01235c6c7

Build 20150123

Set selinux to permissive for now. This fixes: gps and init.d support. repo synced: 20:00 20150123 UTC.

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12-20150123-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: d5fc4388c383e9b8a5beb9aa67cde5e2

Build 20150121

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12-20150121-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: f2a0a10cd867b34a3d3107ef5640b9c8

D
    Deleted member 4405529
    New build: 20150228

Mirrors are welcome. Thank you in advance!

For cm-12 upstream changelog please consult: http://www.cmxlog.com/12/#

Build 20150228

• KODI/XBMC and some games,no input issue solved.
    • Power off charging fixed.
    • Updated kernel to 3.4.106.
    • Cherry picked some effiziency changes from SkyHigh (thanx to @UpInTheAir
    • USB UMS mode fixed.
    • Added mdnie mode setting to init.d/10systemtuning. From: rklrkl@xda.
    • Make wifi 2.4GHz channel 12 (and perhaps channel 13) working again.

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-12-20150228-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    MD5: e6ff3a48b31826cfc5c1e31211062e2e

Happy flashing!

Allow me a private OT word on kodi: I like kodi and I have liked xbmc - on linux-pcs, on raspberry pi (linux). I'm using a linux pc as mediacenter and smart tv: the tv part is done by vdr (http://www.tvdr.de/); the mediaplayer part (dvd, bluray, music, youtube) is done by xbmc/kodi for years. But after playing with kodi for two days on our tab, I have to realize it is the wrong tool (like trying to put a nail in the wall with a screwdriver):
    • It's a real battery drainer!
    • Decoding h.264 in a ts container for 1080p as well as for 720p is not possible.
    • Playing flac sound files with standard visualization keeps cpu at least at 1600MHz - that's a bad joke.
    • Video quality in mxplayer is much(!!!) better.
    But as stated I like xbmc as a standalone media center (that's its intend!). But I found it useless on our tab. Of course that's a matter of personal taste and you milage my vary.

NFS most wanted (you need a backup, play store says it's incompatible to our rom; I installed it from a Titanium backup) is a real pleasure to play - much smother and more detailed than on my manta. BTW: NFS most wanted is one of the game, where the input issue is fixed as well.
    SEX Build is Live!

MEGA:

cm-12.1-20150703-UNOFFICIAL-lionheartk-chagallwifi.zip 241.8 MB
    cm-12.1-20150703-UNOFFICIAL-lionheartk-chagallwifi.zip.md5sum 144 B

AFH:

cm-12.1-20150703-UNOFFICIAL-lionheartk-chagallwifi.zip 241.8 MB

Changelog:

Code:
    android_hardware_qcom_keymaster
      *Scott Mertz - keymaster: fix build for msm8994
      *Rashed Abdel-Tawab - keystore: Enable building on msm8992 and msm8994

android_hardware_samsung_slsi_openmax
      *SeungBeom Kim - video_dec: Fix issue where EOS Flag is returned multiple times for vc1
      *Andreas Schneider - video_dec: Add ThumbnailMode decoding to WMV

android_hardware_ti_wlan
      *Dmitry Shmidt - ti: Add interface_mtu request

android_system_core
      *Ethan Chen - Add Wileyfox VID part 2
      *Ethan Chen - Add Wileyfox VID

android_external_libnfc-nci
      *Ricardo Cerqueira - pn547: Don't attempt to downgrade firmware

android_external_whispersystems_WhisperPush
      *Wilhelm Fitzpatrick - WhisperPush: accept registration SMS from any number
      *Michael Bestas - Automatic translation import
      *Wilhelm Fitzpatrick - WhisperPush: add weekly active users metric
      *Wilhelm Fitzpatrick - WhisperPush: service for WPv2 update to interrogate/disable v1

android_external_stagefright-plugins
      *Steve Kondik - stagefright-plugins: Disable lowres

android_frameworks_av
      *Emilian Peev - CameraService: Bump up the maximum number of cameras

android_frameworks_native
      *Andy Mast - Enable fingerprint option in Settings [2/3]

android_frameworks_base
      *d34d - Store manifest hash code in PackageParser.Package
      *Andy Mast - Keyguard: Show retry text on unidentified fingerprint
      *Roman Birg - SystemUI: fix clock jumping when expanding QS from lockscreen
      *Andy Mast - Keyguard: Show fallback after 2 failed auth attempts
      *Andy Mast - Keyguard: Authenticate with fingerprint
      *Scott Mertz - Fingerprint: disallow API calls when fingerprint is not available
      *Matt Garnes - Wait until the Keyguard is drawn to dismiss the boot dialog.
      *Wilhelm Fitzpatrick - WhisperPush: allowing whitelisting of needed framework permissions
      *Matt Garnes - Add default for Settings.System.DOUBLE_TAP_SLEEP_GESTURE.
      *Roman Birg - SystemUI: recalculate clock position on removing empty shade views
      *Andy Mast - Enable fingerprint option in Settings [1/3]
      *Andy Mast - Fingerprint [1/2]: Numerous Fingerprint Improvements
      *Roman Birg - density: do not apply to virtual displays
      *Roman Birg - SystemUI: hide navigation bar faster in SetupWizard

android_packages_providers_ThemesProvider

android_packages_providers_DownloadProvider

android_packages_services_Telephony

android_packages_services_Telecomm

android_packages_wallpapers_Galaxy4

android_packages_wallpapers_PhaseBeam

android_packages_wallpapers_PhotoPhase

android_packages_apps_Eleven

android_packages_apps_CMBugreport

android_packages_apps_ContactsCommon

android_packages_apps_BluetoothExt

android_packages_apps_LockClock

android_packages_apps_Mms-caf

android_packages_apps_Calendar

android_packages_apps_Calculator

android_packages_apps_SetupWizard
      *Ethan Chen - Clarify touch event consumption logic

android_packages_apps_TvSettings

android_packages_apps_Contacts
      *Elike24 - Contacts: Fixed "%s" appearing in contact options in some languages

android_packages_apps_CMAccount

android_packages_apps_Email

android_packages_apps_Dialer

android_packages_apps_SoundRecorder

android_packages_apps_Stk

android_packages_apps_DeskClock

android_packages_apps_CMUpdater

android_packages_apps_Terminal

android_packages_apps_ThemeChooser

android_packages_apps_Gallery2

android_packages_apps_UnifiedEmail

android_packages_apps_Trebuchet
      *Matt Garnes - Update default workspace configuration.

android_packages_apps_CMFileManager

android_packages_apps_Camera2

android_packages_apps_Settings
      *Brandon McAnsh - Settings: Remove Performance Settings
      *d34d - Fix patch derpage for fingerprint settings
      *Wilhelm Fitzpatrick - Settings: use WhisperPush v2 if it is installed in place of v1
      *Andy Mast - Show dialog if max number of fingerprints has been reached
      *Andy Mast - Rename/Delete UI in fingerprint list
      *Andy Mast - Enable fingerprint option in Settings [3/3]
      *Roman Birg - Settings: add wifi ap dialog 'show password' default overlay
      *Christopher R. Palmer - settings: Fix developer options crash when mBackupManager is null

android_packages_apps_InCallUI

android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME

android_device_qcom_sepolicy
      *Dinesh K Garg - sepolicy: add permissions to set system property
      *Susheel Yadagiri - sepolicy: add rule to support tcm write on dpmwrapper socket
      *Susheel Yadagiri - sepolicy: allow dpmd to create self socket and netlink socket.
      *Susheel Yadagiri - sepolicy: allow dpmd to connect to system_server
      *Susheel Yadagiri - sepolicy: Allow iptable rule addition when WQE is enabled
      *Sanket Khidkikar - cnd: Allow nims to be removed
      *Boxiang Pan - Sepolicy: add rule to support ATP feature

android_vendor_cm
      *Abhisek Devkota - Additional APN cleanup and modifications
      *Abhisek Devkota - Thou shalt not nano
      *NBruderman - Vendor: Fix "mts" carrier password
      *Brandon McAnsh - vendorsetup: Handle new jenkins build parameters
      *Abhisek Devkota - Additional European MVNOs
      *Abhisek Devkota - Massive APN Update

Enjoy and have a great weekend!
    D
    Deleted member 4405529
    Different ways of flashing

Very dirty flash:
    1. flash rom

Dirty flash:
    1. wipe system
    2. wipe cache
    3. wipe dalvik-cache
    4. flash rom
    5. flash gapps

Clean flash
    1. factory reset in recovery - (without wiping /data/media) this resets your settings and deletes your installed apps
    2. [optional for paranoids - 'cause it's done from installer-script in the process of flashing] wipe /system
    3. wipe cache
    4. wipe dalvik-cache
    5. wipe data (without wiping /data/media) this resets your settings and deletes your installed apps
    6. flash rom
    7. flash gapps

Very clean flash
    1. factory reset in recovery - (without wiping /data/media) this resets your settings and deletes your installed apps
    2. [optional for paranoids - 'cause it's done from installer-script in the process of flashing] wipe /system
    3. wipe cache
    4. wipe dalvik-cache
    5. wipe data (without wiping /data/media) this resets your settings and deletes your installed apps
    6. wipe internal memory
    7. flash rom
    8. flash gapps

I recommend ALWAYS a "Clean flash", though myself I do many times "Dirty flash"es while testing. Whenever I run in issues, I reflash the "Clean flash" way. On the issues with Camera2 I even did "Very clean flash"es - to ensure no old data is interfering.

On many threads it is MANDATORY to have done a "Clean flash" before reporting issues. Not so here - and I want to leave it this way. But always ask yourself: how many times have I done a dirty flash? Have I tested and edited files? Is it time to "Clean flash"?

I count on users good judgment.