LG Spirit H440n general thread

Search This thread

midzan21

I feel like nobody is trying...

Wysłane z mojego LG-E610 przy użyciu Tapatalka

You are feeling wrong. I'm working but now slowly because I'm waiting for rooting method of v10h ROM so I can gather bootloader from it (don't have kdz on PC and I'm lazy to download it because last couple of days my ISP have some issues in my neighbourhood which make surfing so slow and for watching Youtube I use phone connected to 3G / 4G if I'm lucky to get 4G signal in home)

kamil79123

Oct 17, 2014
Bydgoszcz
You are feeling wrong. I'm working but now slowly because I'm waiting for rooting method of v10h ROM so I can gather bootloader from it (don't have kdz on PC and I'm lazy to download it because last couple of days my ISP have some issues in my neighbourhood which make surfing so slow and for watching Youtube I use phone connected to 3G / 4G if I'm lucky to get 4G signal in home)
It is nice to hear that someone is working. Yeah, i am too waiting for root v10h. But i think faster would be if you download for example v10f than wait for root, because nobody know when or if someone release new root method...

midzan21

It is nice to hear that someone is working. Yeah, i am too waiting for root v10h. But i think faster would be if you download for example v10f than wait for root, because nobody know when or if someone release new root method...

As far I know Kingroot team is working on root for v10h... It got almost 65 requests to make it possible to root (checked before 2 days on my phone). And yeah, I really want to can download something at normal Internet speeds, but as I wroted in last post - ISP is again having some issues with our neighbourhood (1 week of super-slow Internet with about 1-1.5Mbps down currently at best)

kamil79123

Oct 17, 2014
Bydgoszcz
As far I know Kingroot team is working on root for v10h... It got almost 65 requests to make it possible to root (checked before 2 days on my phone). And yeah, I really want to can download something at normal Internet speeds, but as I wroted in last post - ISP is again having some issues with our neighbourhood (1 week of super-slow Internet with about 1-1.5Mbps down currently at best)
Yeah, they are working... They have not even released root method for v10g. But okay, let's hope they gonna release method in nearly future, then we hope in you. :D It would be nice having android 6.0 on our phone, or at least be more safe with custom recovery.

tbox963

Aug 10, 2015

Fingers crossed, who knows, maybe someone will even CM for LG Spirit? :D

midzan21

Before CM let's first concentrate on bootloader ;) Also AOSP is just fine, yesterday tried MM (6.0) on friends Nexus 5 and I would say one thing: Doze rocks. he said that he forgot to charge phone at night (~35% battery left after all-day use with ~3h of SOT) and he woke up with 34% battery and only 1 mail notification. If bootloader stay locked (current state: downloading kdz v10h via phone connected to 4G), maybe I can build AOSP build of LP (5.1.1 maybe first?!?) for this phone and somehow figure out how to flash it on device.

EDIT: AOSP LP is coming in next few weeks. I found solution how to flash it via stock recovery (which we can access via adb command written below and then pressing power button for few seconds) but then I need to sign and verify it (tried to flash SuperSU zip via adb sideload command and got errors like failed to verify whole-file signature and signature verification failed but I think that is SuperSU zip problem, not phone issue)

Command which I used:

Code:
adb reboot recovery

EDIT2: down is picture of stock recovery (looks crappy because I used SGM2 do make photo sorry folks)

http://imgur.com/Pm6AADL

Last edited:

kamil79123

Oct 17, 2014
Bydgoszcz
Before CM let's first concentrate on bootloader ;) Also AOSP is just fine, yesterday tried MM (6.0) on friends Nexus 5 and I would say one thing: Doze rocks. he said that he forgot to charge phone at night (~35% battery left after all-day use with ~3h of SOT) and he woke up with 34% battery and only 1 mail notification. If bootloader stay locked (current state: downloading kdz v10h via phone connected to 4G), maybe I can build AOSP build of LP (5.1.1 maybe first?!?) for this phone and somehow figure out how to flash it on device.

EDIT: AOSP LP is coming in next few weeks. I found solution how to flash it via stock recovery (which we can access via adb command written below and then pressing power button for few seconds) but then I need to sign and verify it (tried to flash SuperSU zip via adb sideload command and got errors like failed to verify whole-file signature and signature verification failed but I think that is SuperSU zip problem, not phone issue)

Command which I used:

Code:
adb reboot recovery

EDIT2: down is picture of stock recovery (looks crappy because I used SGM2 do make photo sorry folks)

Seriously? It's a pretty nice news! Finally good person on good case. So... we are just waiting for more good informations. :D

tbox963

Aug 10, 2015

Command which I used:

Code:
adb reboot recovery

I look forward to more info :D

Fobos531

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 6, 2014
/home/
Wow. How did you manage to get to stock recovery? After adb reboot recovery all I get is this(without the recovery menu)
CRgew.jpg

EDIT: Im on v10c

Last edited:

midzan21

Hello folks,

can somebody on rooted device go to

/dev/block/sdhci.(forgot numbers)/by-name and see what it writes to recovery, which is mmblck linked to ...

Also, I'm writing this from my head because I won't get back to v10f or any older rootable variant of stock rom because I have bunch of security apps (and few of them from bank which require special activation code which only can get from mobile token to login in e-banking system and e-banking website) and personalization of nova launcher with Screen Off app to get double tap to sleep option...

Why I need this: need to see if maybe I can get recovery working via flashable zip and stock (e3) recovery somehow... For this testing I can use neighbours phone, but he can't root device just because of banking apps (but he is ready to flash stock rom back if this what i want to try fails, he don't have bunch of stuff on phone as I have for 2-factor authentications)...

G

guglicap

/dev/block/platform/7824900.shdci/by-name/recovery is symlinked to mmcblk0p19

Last edited:

kamil79123

Oct 17, 2014
Bydgoszcz
Hello folks,

can somebody on rooted device go to

/dev/block/sdhci.(forgot numbers)/by-name and see what it writes to recovery, which is mmblck linked to ...

Also, I'm writing this from my head because I won't get back to v10f or any older rootable variant of stock rom because I have bunch of security apps (and few of them from bank which require special activation code which only can get from mobile token to login in e-banking system and e-banking website) and personalization of nova launcher with Screen Off app to get double tap to sleep option...

Why I need this: need to see if maybe I can get recovery working via flashable zip and stock (e3) recovery somehow... For this testing I can use neighbours phone, but he can't root device just because of banking apps (but he is ready to flash stock rom back if this what i want to try fails, he don't have bunch of stuff on phone as I have for 2-factor authentications)...
Newest version of kingroot roots v10j ! Try it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the general thread for LG Spirit H440n/H420 and it's other variants.

Feel free to share any information you have about this device. I will include everything important at the op.

LG-Spirit-logos450x370.jpg

Specifications

You can find LG Spirit specs here.

USB Drivers:
    You can find drivers for your device through LG mobile support tool.

Also, there are the universal LG USB drivers.

Stock kdz files

You can find the stock firmware for LG Spirit variants here.

Root
    You can root any Lollipop version with KingRoot.
    Here is how to replace KingRoot with SuperSU.

You can root any version (Lollipop or Marshmallow) by unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom recovery first.

Bootloader Unlock

You can unlock the H440n bootloader with the method provided here.

For unlocking the H420/H422 bootloader (patched uboot) refer to the Notes section of this post.

Custom Recoveries

CWM H440n

TWRP H440n thread, maintained by @Fobos531

Refer to the Notes section of this post for H420/H422 custom recovery flashing.

Notes

Note1: You can install the Lollipop kdz files with LG Flash Tool. Also, here are some details on how to install the Marshmallow kdz.

Note2: LG Spirit source code can be found here.

Note3: It seems that in order to use ADB you have to set the USB connection type to:
    1. MTP in windows
    2. PTP in linux

Note4: LG H422 users, find everything about your device in detail here (4pda thread) and here (xda thread). You can find infromation on how to unlock the bootloader (uboot patch), root, flash a custom recovery and stock or custom roms.
    Will try to build working ROM this weekend. Spirit works as my primary internet connection so I need to swap sim every time I need to check so I did not have much time for test. I think I am very close to achieve at least booting build.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka
    See photos, really made it :D checking what's working...
    I managed to boot lineage 14.1 on spirit. Only once from now, but I'TS SOMETHING.

Command which I used:

Code:
    adb reboot recovery