[kernel] [lp] [most-roms] [all-qcom] idleKernel, a leanKernel fork (7.1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Error: at dowload from playstore I receive error 492
device: N9005

ROM: QS-N9005-LP-FINAL-OF3 ROM (made by qaraqumus)
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347794978

Kernel:
Index of /touchwiz-lollipop/selinux_permissive/v6.5.1_2015_11_05/idleKernel-hlte-eur-6.5.1.zip

To tell the truth, at reboot I see on the top of the screen
"enforcing"
by your opinion which one should I use?
Is there N9005 EUR enforcing version?
I could not find .

The one @ Index of /touchwiz-lollipop/selinux_permissive/v6.5.1_2015_11_05/idleKernel-hlte-eur-6.5.1.zip is permissive. You should be using permissive on a custom ROM. When it boots it should say "KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING", is that what it says?

Darriousx

Dec 31, 2012
So, random quick question. I'm running Darklord N5 rom with your kernel. I LOVE it!! Mainly because I tried Shinto's kernel and my device was slow and it froze multiple times. Lock screen had issues, etc.

Anyway, the one thing I liked from Shinto's kernel(that was also lacking in darkera's kernel) was double tap text and it was selected. I have to hold to select on this kernel. I don't know how to change that. Sorry that it's such a small issue but I figured I'd ask and maybe help others who might want this feature as well ;)

patek

Nov 5, 2005
Budapest
Yes, it says ...
Now I understand (I hope)
The error 492 exists.

The one @ Index of /touchwiz-lollipop/selinux_permissive/v6.5.1_2015_11_05/idleKernel-hlte-eur-6.5.1.zip is permissive. You should be using permissive on a custom ROM. When it boots it should say "KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING", is that what it says?

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
So, random quick question. I'm running Darklord N5 rom with your kernel. I LOVE it!! Mainly because I tried Shinto's kernel and my device was slow and it froze multiple times. Lock screen had issues, etc.

Anyway, the one thing I liked from Shinto's kernel(that was also lacking in darkera's kernel) was double tap text and it was selected. I have to hold to select on this kernel. I don't know how to change that. Sorry that it's such a small issue but I figured I'd ask and maybe help others who might want this feature as well ;)
That really doesn't sound like a kernel feature...weird. I don't see anything about that on ShinTo kernel features page.

ramas123

Sep 23, 2010
I noticed when i turn off adreno idler, scrolling is much better and smooth
Yes, there are a lot of micro lags here and there with 6.5.1 kernel especially in google+. It is very strange, because with lean kernel 6.3 scrolling was very smooth. After turning adreno idler off it is smoother but also nothing special in smoothness, it will affect battery life also. Strange, very very strange why this micro lag thing appeared going from lean kernel 6.3 to 6.5.1 kernel.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Looks like I'm gonna have to wait for someone to tell me how it's done when it comes to fixing video recording blink thing whatever it is.

I simply just don't have the issue at all, so I have no clue how to fix something that isn't there.

It's definitely not a problem no matter what camera app I choose on my N900W8.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Looks like I'm gonna have to wait for someone to tell me how it's done when it comes to fixing video recording blink thing whatever it is.

I simply just don't have the issue at all, so I have no clue how to fix something that isn't there.

It's definitely not a problem no matter what camera app I choose on my N900W8.

Try to reinstall with S6 camera and take a video with it maybe the flickering will be back. I am on Note3 camera with your kernel and don't have the flickering as well ;)

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Unlock brightness bug found. Same as in shinto kernel.

When unlocking the lockscreen the brightness stays dimmed.

I can't reproduce this bug, need info... (if this is an N9005, seriously... I'm getting sick of N9005 only bugs!!)
Or maybe I just fixed it an hour ago and didn't realize it since I was fixing a few mdss bugs, mainly the one that throws a crapload of lines into kmsg every screen off/on.

I also fixed some carrier/variant related bugs in ramdisk.

6.5.2-test1 @ https://idlekernel.com/test/note5port

Wonder if @darkera13 can strip knox KeyManagementUtil from his ROM its logcat spam is driving me bonkers.
Code:
E/KeyManagementUtil(  915): Communications error: java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
W/System.err(  915): java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
W/System.err(  915):    at android.net.LocalSocketImpl.connectLocal(Native Method)
W/System.err(  915):    at android.net.LocalSocketImpl.connect(LocalSocketImpl.java:290)
W/System.err(  915):    at android.net.LocalSocket.connect(LocalSocket.java:130)
W/System.err(  915):    at com.sec.knox.container.util.DaemonConnector.listenToSocket(DaemonConnector.java:115)
W/System.err(  915):    at com.sec.knox.container.util.DaemonConnector.run(DaemonConnector.java:86)
W/System.err(  915):    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

Try to reinstall with S6 camera and take a video with it maybe the flickering will be back. I am on Note3 camera with your kernel and don't have the flickering as well ;)
I've tried all 3 cameras and they all work without flickering. :s

Remember Me?

Dec 28, 2013
Kernel is good :)
f5813b212b37165abba204151a9f0dac.jpg

Reactions: cuezaireekaa

shiverz07

May 7, 2012
Durban, South Africa
I can't reproduce this bug, need info... (if this is an N9005, seriously... I'm getting sick of N9005 only bugs!!)
Or maybe I just fixed it an hour ago and didn't realize it since I was fixing a few mdss bugs, mainly the one that throws a crapload of lines into kmsg every screen off/on.

I also fixed some carrier/variant related bugs in ramdisk.

6.5.2-test1 @ https://idlekernel.com/test/note5port

Wonder if @darkera13 can strip knox KeyManagementUtil from his ROM its logcat spam is driving me bonkers.
Code:
E/KeyManagementUtil(  915): Communications error: java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
W/System.err(  915): java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
W/System.err(  915):    at android.net.LocalSocketImpl.connectLocal(Native Method)
W/System.err(  915):    at android.net.LocalSocketImpl.connect(LocalSocketImpl.java:290)
W/System.err(  915):    at android.net.LocalSocket.connect(LocalSocket.java:130)
W/System.err(  915):    at com.sec.knox.container.util.DaemonConnector.listenToSocket(DaemonConnector.java:115)
W/System.err(  915):    at com.sec.knox.container.util.DaemonConnector.run(DaemonConnector.java:86)
W/System.err(  915):    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

I've tried all 3 cameras and they all work without flickering. :s

I've got a N9005 running DarkAu V3. Will try your kernel and report back in the morning. It's almost 12am here. So ETA on report back is 7-8 hours time. Need the beauty sleep.:eek:

Edit: Couldn't wait. No flickering on video recording. Using S6 Camera. Playstore working as per normal. LED appears to be working normal aswell.

Still to report back on deep sleep...

Last edited:

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
No alexandr dev base :) i use polarcell battery from ebay is amazing better then original
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=371160602115&globalID=EBAY-IT&alt=web

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Anker-3200mAh-Replacement-Batteries/dp/B00FS8JPXW

I use this set with my phone, same quality if not better than stock batteries but constantly being produced so don't have to worry about ending up with stale batteries (left in box so long they lost their charge and ability to keep charge long).
It's really awesome being able to just pull the back off my phone and swap the batteries in a second going from 1% to 100%. My phone is pretty much never plugged in, only when I'm using adb/Odin.

bladecgn

Mar 9, 2005
Essen / Germany
Your kernel is very good battery-wise and boy it's fast, too. Thank you very much!

I am using it with Temasek rom.. There is very slight micro stutter scrolling but it's bearable. FolderMount is working.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Anker-3200mAh-Replacement-Batteries/dp/B00FS8JPXW

I use this set with my phone, same quality if not better than stock batteries but constantly being produced so don't have to worry about ending up with stale batteries (left in box so long they lost their charge and ability to keep charge long).
It's really awesome being able to just pull the back off my phone and swap the batteries in a second going from 1% to 100%. My phone is pretty much never plugged in, only when I'm using adb/Odin.

We use Anker all the time but they are NEVER better then Original Samsung. They are good batteries but nothing more :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am closing this thread as I no longer have valid download links available, I can't maintain this project anymore, and I'd like to make sure everyone understands that any links uploaded by other users cannot be confirmed to be unmodified. Proceed at your own risk!

This thread is for the N9005, N900A, N900P, N900V, N900R4, N900K, N900L, N900S, SC-01F, and SCL22 variants of the Galaxy Note 3.
    You can find the other thread for N900W8 and N900T variants here.

idleKernel is a fork from Imoseyon's leanKernel starting at his v6.3 Touchwiz release.
    It adds a few more features, escaping somewhat from the minimalist approach while still staying battery friendly.
    It hopes to support many ROMs. You can request support for your ROM through private message or on this thread.
    You can also find Imoseyon's leanKernel here, which still has ongoing development.

DOWNLOAD

Current version: 7.1.0 (2016-03-27)

Note that there are both SELinux Enforcing and SELinux Permissive versions.
    If you are using a custom ROM or f2fs, you will need the permissive version.
    All Note 5 ports are forced permissive, and have no enforcing version due to invalid SEPolicy.
    TouchWiz 5.0 kernels cannot have their SELinux mode changed by any means, they are compiled as either enforcing or permissive.

idleKernel is also used in the Kali NetHunter project! For full idleKernel functionality in Kali NetHunter, flash one of the images here before flashing NetHunter.

Please be careful to download the right version for your actual phone model, not your ROM.
    N9005: hlte-eur
    N900A: hlte-att
    N900W8: hlte-can
    N900P: hlte-spr
    N900R4: hlte-usc
    N900T: hlte-tmo
    N900V: hlte-vzw
    N900K: hlte-ktt or hlte-kor
    N900L: hlte-lgt or hlte-kor
    N900S: hlte-skt or hlte-kor
    SC-01F: hlte-dcm
    SCL22: hlte-kdi

DOWNLOAD LINKS REMOVED

RAN INTO AN ISSUE OR BUG?

In order for me to help you, you have to at minimum reply with:
    • The link to the exact kernel zip/tar you downloaded
    • Your device model (N9005, etc)
    • A link to the XDA thread of the ROM you're having trouble with
    • Optional: A logcat during the duration of when the bug is happening
    • Optional: A `cat /proc/kmsg > /sdcard/kmsg.log` (su required) during the duration of when the bug is happening
    You may be able to fix the bug by updating to the latest bootloader and modem for your device.
    See: (Direct Download) Latest Bootloaders & Modems

FEATURES INCLUDED FROM LEANKERNEL
    • overclockable to 2.72GHz, but limited to 2.2GHz during boot
    • interactiveX V4 (screen_off_maxfreq), renamed back to interactive for compatibility
    • /sbin/lkconfig script (via terminal emulator, superuser required)
    • user adjustable panel temperature: -60 to 0, 0 is kernel default (via lkconfig & sysfs)
    • user adjustable panel colors: 0 to 4, 2 is kernel default (via lkconfig & sysfs)
    • fix for purple hue/push at low brightness (via panel temperature or panel colors)
    • cpufreq modified to play better with thermal-engine
    • compiled with stable Linaro GCC Cortex-A15 4.9 toolchain
    • built-in supersu and init.d support
    • DriveDroid compatibility for USB mass storage emulation
    • interactive governor updated to latest android source (but ondemand left default)
    • outdated Samsung code updated to later CodeAurora source (cpufreq, mdss, gpu, msm-bus, etc.)
    • cpufreq issues fixed
    • exFAT support
    • ram console enabled for /proc/last_kmsg for kernel crash debugging
    • FauxSound 3.0
    • default USB charge speed @ 1200mA
    • based on N900TUVUFOB6 (February 23, 2015)
    IDLEKERNEL FEATURES
    • rebased on N900TUVUFOL1 (December 5, 2015) and SC01FOMUGOI4 (September 9, 2015)
    • updated to latest 3.4 Linux (currently 3.4.111)
    • tailored individually to support all variants of TouchWiz 5.0, CyanogenMod 12.1 & 13.0, SlimRom 5.1 & 6.0, and Note 5 Ports
    • ramdisk and kernel compressed with xz-crc
    • FauxSound updated to 3.6
    • CodeAurora fixes up until December 8, 2015
    • new IO schedulers available: sio, fiops (default)
    • new TCP congestion control available: westwood
    • cubic (default) TCP congestion algorithm updated to Linux 4.3 sources
    • f2fs full /system /data /cache support (except in enforcing mode TouchWiz)
    • f2fs updated to latest kernel.org Samsung sources
    • ext4 updated to latest kernel.org sources
    • performance governor included for benchmarking & games
    • adreno idler updated to latest arter97 sources (now with 27 MHz idle)
    • forced fast charge support by Yank555.lu
    • full sysfs & in rom vibration control with extended range
    • compiled with -O2 optimizations
    • some kernel errors and logging functions fixed
    • lkconfig rewritten and extended, renamed to ikconfig
    • support for KCAL advanced color control by savoca
    • USB mass storage toggle for external SDcard, open Terminal Emulator and type: ums on.
    • USB 3.0 is turned on if you add 3 to commands: mtp on 3, ptp on 3, ums on 3.
    • SuperSU uses system install method even on marshmallow, adjustable via ikconfig (set on first boot)
    • USB HID keyboard and MIDI gadget support (added in 6.7.1!)
    INSTALLATION

You can flash idleKernel from Odin 3.x in AP slot using tar.md5 files.
    You can also flash from TWRP 2.8.x.x using zip files.

CONFIGURATION OPTIONS

Open Android Terminal Emulator or adb shell, become superuser by typing su, press enter, and type /sbin/ikconfig (on most ROMs you can just type ik), press enter again.
    Code:
    shell@hltecan:/ $ su
    root@hltecan:/ # /sbin/ikconfig

idleKernel configurator (based on lkconfig by Imoseyon)
    ---
    0) display current settings
    1) panel temperature
    2) panel color
    3) cpu max frequency
    4) cpu governor
    5) gpu governor
    6) tcp congestion control
    7) io scheduler
    8) mmc crc
    9) supersu install method
    10) check top 10 wake locks (ie. wakeup sources)

please enter a number (or press enter to exit): 0

current settings
    ----------------
    1) panel temperature: 0
    2) panel color: 2
    3) cpu max frequency:
         screen on: 2265600
         screen off: 1267200
    4) cpu governor: interactive
    5) gpu governor: msm-adreno-tz
    6) tcp congestion control: cubic
    7) io scheduler:
         internal memory: noop deadline row [sio] fiops
         external sdcard: noop deadline row [sio] fiops
    8) mmc crc: disabled
    9) supersu install method: system

I recommend the app Kernel Adiutor for control over idleKernel if you are inexperienced in terminal usage, it's very well written and easy to use.
    If you want to use the FauxSound controls, please consider buying FauxSound from the Play Store. It's the same developer that wrote the kernel side components to it.
    If you want to use KCAL advanced color control, you will need to download the Color Control app from here.

USB 3.0 & MASS STORAGE

idleKernel 6.6.2+ comes with a terminal command called usb, with shortcuts mtp, ptp, and ums.
    These commands don't work from adb as running them usually closes the adb session cancelling the command part way through.
    They are meant to be run from Terminal Emulator as superuser. If it shows not found, go into Terminal Emulator options and uncheck "Verify PATH entries". There is a bug in Terminal Emulator that causes /sbin to be removed from path sometimes when using su. You could also prefix the commands with /sbin/.
    Code:
    root@hltecan:/ # usb
    Usage: usb [mtp|ptp|ums|status] [on|off]
    Enables or disables MTP, PTP, and UMS USB modes.

mtp on/off           turns on/off MTP mode
      ptp on/off           turns on/off PTP mode
      ums on/off           turns on/off UMS mode
      default              sets USB mode to default
      -3, 3                activates USB 3.0, use with on
      -i, info, status     displays active USB mode
      -h, help             displays this information
      -v, version          displays version info

For more help & to report bugs contact <jc@adduono.com>

root@hltecan:/ # ums on 3
    Disabling USB transfer protocols...
    Unmounting SDcard from /storage/extSdCard...
    SDcard unmounted successfully.
    Activating USB 3.0 SuperSpeed mode...
    Setting up dwc3 storage gadget lun...
    Mounting /dev/block/mmcblk1 to lun...
    Activating USB Mass Storage transfer mode...
    Done. PLEASE USE EJECT MEDIA ON PC BEFORE TURNING OFF UMS!

root@hltecan:/ # mtp on 3
    Disabling dwc3 storage gadget lun...
    Mount SDcard in Android? (y/n): y
    Mounting SDcard to /storage/extSdCard...
    Waiting for SDcard to be ready....
    SDcard mounted successfully.
    Activating MTP USB transfer mode...
    Done.

root@hltecan:/ # usb default
    Deactivating USB 3.0 SuperSpeed mode...
    Setting USB mode to default...
    Done.

TEAM WIN RECOVERY PROJECT

You will probably notice that in the downloads area there is also a TWRP 2.8.7.0 download option.
    It uses idleKernel instead of the kernel prebuilts from Omni.
    MTP and USB Mass Storage R/W now works in recovery mode, allowing you to plug phone in and easily transfer zips and backups/restores to and from your phone and sdcard. It also fixes some file system bugs that caused ext4 broken backups that couldn't restore to f2fs partitions, and other small bugs like brightness adjustment not working.
    On top of that it allows me to support TWRP for variants that aren't officially supported, such as the Japanese and Korean variants.
    You can also use ikconfig in TWRP from adb, allowing you to fix settings like unstable CPU overclocks from recovery.
    It also has a really cool boot splash and gold theme, that's cool too right?

GOING TO F2FS FILE SYSTEM

See step-by-step guide here:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/...ekernel-leankernel-fork-t3241582/post64014959

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Screen sometimes turns on while charging from PC. (wake event sent from PC?)
    • Some ROMs refuse to flash in TWRP idleKernel edition. (tell ROM maintainer to fix flash model assert or remove assert yourself)
    • Streaming audio may occasionally stutter when screen is off. (increase screen off max frequency using ikconfig)
    • exFAT and f2fs formatted SDcards don't work in CM13. (not a kernel issue, wait for CM team to fix it)
    • Aroma Installer doesn't work in TWRP idleKernel edition. (it's not compiled with LP driver support? flash original TWRP to use Aroma)
    If you are affected by a new issue, please follow ALL of the instructions above and post in the thread or pm it to me.

ROM DEVELOPERS

You have my permission to include idleKernel in your ROM. By doing so, I recommend that you give me the permission to try to work with users on your ROM thread to fix bugs that may possibly be kernel related. On important idleKernel updates, I may visit your thread and notify users of the changes and give them a link back to this thread.
    You may also recompile idleKernel with your own changes, and give it a different name if desired. Credit to me is not necessary, but you must keep a branch with the complete source code on a publicly visible site like GitHub, and link to that from your thread. I have a guide in the post underneath this on how to do that.
    If you wish to change the default settings of ikconfig when distributing the kernel in your ROM, the easiest way would be to mount /data in your recovery flash script, check for existence of /data/data/idlekernel, if it doesn't exist, create it and write values to a file for every setting you wish to change. Valid files are:
    Code:
    /data/data/idlekernel/paneltemp - values: -60 to 0 (default 0)
    /data/data/idlekernel/panelcolor - values: 0 to 4 (default 2)
    /data/data/idlekernel/scaling_max_freq - values in Hz: 652800, 883200, 1267200, 1574400, 2265600 (default), 2496000, 2726400
    /data/data/idlekernel/screen_off_maxfreq - values in Hz: 652800, 883200, 1267200 (default), 1574400, 2265600
    /data/data/idlekernel/cpu_governor - values: ondemand, interactive (default), performance
    /data/data/idlekernel/gpu_governor - values: msm-adreno-tz (default), powersave, performance, simple_ondemand
    /data/data/idlekernel/tcp_congestion_control - values: cubic (default), westwood, reno
    /data/data/idlekernel/io_scheduler_internal - values: noop, deadline, row, sio (default), fiops
    /data/data/idlekernel/io_scheduler_external - values: noop, deadline, row, sio (default), fiops
    /data/data/idlekernel/use_spi_crc - values: Y, N (default)
    /data/data/idlekernel/supersu - values: SYSTEMLESS=detect/true/false (default)

XDA:DevDB Information
    idleKernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    jcadduono, Imoseyon, arter97, faux123
    Source Code: https://github.com/jcadduono/idleKernel-note3

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-03-27

Created 2015-11-05
    Last Updated 2018-07-12
    Reserved

EVER WANTED TO MAKE YOUR OWN KERNEL FORK?

jcadduono's GitHub forking crash course

1. Make an account on GitHub!
    2. Use the fork button @ https://github.com/jcadduono/idleKernel-note3 or any other repository
    3. In your terminal emulator, cd to the location you want your repository.
    4. git clone https://github.com/YOUR_USERNAME/idleKernel-note3.git
    (optionally add folder name after that command to change it to something other than idleKernel-note3)
    5. cd idleKernel-note3
    6. git remote add jc https://github.com/jcadduono/idleKernel-note3.git
    (this will allow you to send commits to me, cherry-pick commits from me, or pull new commits from me!)
    7. git fetch jc
    (do this whenever you want updated commits from me to be available to you for cherry-picking or merging)

8. Be sure to set your git author information too, for proper commit info!
    git config --global user.name "Your Name"
    git config --global user.email "your@email.com"
    git config --global push.default simple

(that last one just removes a warning message whenever you push commits to github)

9. Whenever you want to pull all the latest and greatest commits from me all at once, run:
    git fetch jc
    git merge jc

I don't recommend doing that though, because if our branches diverge too much our commits might become incompatible or you might not want some of my changes.

The best way to do it would be to:
    git fetch jc
    git log jc/X

Replace X with ik-touchwiz/ik-cm12.1/ik-slim5.1, that will show you all of my commits.
    For every new commit you want, cherry-pick one at a time to make sure each goes successfully.
    git cherry-pick <hash from git log jc/X>

10. Now whenever you make changes to your fork, and you are satisfied with them, you can do:
    git add .
    (that adds every changed file to the next git commit)
    or
    git add <file>
    then
    git diff HEAD
    (this is optional, but I recommend looking over everything you changed to make sure it makes sense and you can find extra whitespace or typos!)

11. Once you are satisfied with the changes you've made, you can commit them to the branch history.
    git commit -m "made some great change that you detail here"

12. To put your new commits up on GitHub, all you have to do is:
    git push

13. If you want to send that commit to me as well, you can do:
    git push jc

TIPS

Made a mistake and committed it already? You can time travel through git history using the rebase command!
    git rebase -i HEAD~X
    Replace X with how far back in commit history you want to edit, trust me time travel is a bad idea.
    Just change pick to drop and Ctrl+X Y enter, git will make that commit disappear forever like it never happened.
    You can also use various other words like reword to change the message of a commit, etc.

In order for GitHub to accept rebases, you have to add -f to git push, but only if you are changing history you've already pushed to GitHub.

If you've already pushed a commit to GitHub and want to undo it, you can do:
    git log
    git revert xxxxxx

Replace xxxxxx with the hash of the commit you want undone.

If you haven't pushed to GitHub yet, using git rebase is fine for undoing or rewording commits. :)

Any time you want to see all the changes from one of my commits, you can use
    git show xxxxxxxx
    Replace xxxxxxxx with the hash from git log jc/X or even your own git log.
    It pipes a nice scrollable colored diff through `less` :)

If you want to stop it from asking for your GitHub username when you push, in idleKernel-note3 directory do:
    nano .git/config
    Find a line that looks like:
    url = https://github.com/......
    Add before github.com so it looks like this:
    url = https://your-github-username@github.com/...
    Now press Ctrl+X Y enter to save.
    please create video institutions how change ext4 to f2fs? :what::beer:

First back up your internal storage to your PC or external sdcard, it will be wiped when switching data to a new filesystem format

1. Flash the latest TWRP for your device (3.0.0 or newer has f2fs support on hlte!)
    2. Make sure a microSD card is inserted, or use OTG USB Storage.
    3. Boot into recovery.
    4. Press [Backup].
    5. Put [X] in System and Data only.
      * Optionally enable compression
      WARNING: Make sure it says "Storage: Micro SDcard" or "Storage: USB Storage" (you'll lose everything if it doesn't)
    6. Swipe to start the backup, and wait for it to finish successfully.
    7. Go back to main menu and navigate to [Wipe] -> [Advanced Wipe].
    8. Put [X] in System only.
    9. Navigate to [Repair or Change File System] -> [Change File System] -> [F2FS].
      Your System partition should now be f2fs formatted.
    10. Go back to the Wipe menu.
    11. Press [Advanced Wipe].
    12. Put [X] in Data only.
    13. Navigate to [Repair or Change File System] -> [Change File System] -> [F2FS].
      Your Data partition should now be f2fs formatted.
    14. Go back to main menu.
    15. Press [Settings].
    16. Put [X] in "Use rm -rf instead of formatting."
    17. Go back to main menu.
    18. Press [Restore].
    19. Select the backup you made earlier.
    20. Put [X] in System and Data.
    21. Swipe to restore, and wait for it to complete successfully.
    22. Go back to main menu.
    23. Navigate to [Reboot] -> [System].
    Finally... Scream in agony when it doesn't boot ;)
    Otherwise hit Thanks on my post? <3
    Version 6.7.0 is upon us!

I'm really sorry about skipping 6.6.6 guys. The devil made me do it.

Anyways, 6.7.0 brings a few minor changes:
    • Ultra Kernel Same-Page Merging (UKSM) enabled for those who need it
    • Additional small cache compiler optimizations
    • The ramdisk now uses gzip compression to provide better compatibility for people using MultiROM, SuperSU, and AnyKernel2 scripts.
    • Variant ramdisks updated to latest firmware/binaries (init, /sbin items, sepolicy stuff)
    • sepolicies are pre-patched by SuperSU, allowing SuperSU to install in system mode on Marshmallow
    • SuperSU installation method is adjustable through ikconfig. After first boot, the next SuperSU zip flash will install in high compatibility system mode, even on Marshmallow.
    That's pretty much everything. It's mainly an advantage for those using idleKernel on Marshmallow, or want to try out systemless SuperSU.
    The rest of 6.7.0's changes are in the Kali Nethunter kernels.

If you don't see 6.7.0 in the download directories, just give it a while. They're still baking.
    It's a problem with old drivers in this kernel on new Rom-base.
    https://idlekernel.com/touchwiz-lollipop/v6.6.4-G-sensorhub_2015_12_31/
    Happy new year! :p
    It actually wasn't so bad compiling it over JuiceSSH on my phone out in the 2G great white north!
    Tmux is awesome for all those disconnects.
    My family is all out on lake shebandowan shooting off fireworks tonight with me. :) you guys are welcome to join if you're anywhere near this snowy wasteland hahah.