doministry.blogspot.com
Some of my impressions after a few days of usage
- Very snappy and fast
- Screen is brilliant enough
- Design is beautiful, the graphite colour looks great
- The Camera is great just when you know it
- 23mpx should be improved a bit with manual ISO and better detail
- 8mpx is great
- They added colours to the contacts which makes scrolling through sms threads a bit
- There is more space available on the homescreen, one extra line compared to the Z2
- Buttons are great
- I just love the sound when talking - it's the best sounding Xperia in calls to date
- Stereo speakers are quite good too
- I don't like to have SIM and SD on the same tray, I can't put in/take out SD card without a reboot
- I still use it more than usual so I cannot fully comment on batt life
- I love the much faster charging now!
- As I mentioned earlier, I was disapponted with NFC/PCCompanion performance of Xperia Transfer, Cloud option did the trick
- Calendar sync (on a fresh deice) didn't work with all the cathegories
- Deleting sms theads is very fast now
- No problems with overheating
- So far it's a very very good phone, very sleek epxerience

bryjenko

Sep 9, 2014
Sydney
I agree with above too.

Love the screen. Even coming from LG G3, the Sony screen smokes it in terms of colours and quality.

I think most the negatives are around when a phone launches. Problems occur during the build process. Even mine has a slight lighter part in the center of the screen on the back light. But it's not bad enough for me to care and take it back.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

ejwa

Jan 19, 2011
Warszawa
Well need to say it - Z5 bring some problems with it BUT they dont make this model bad and sum of all cons and pros still made me choose it vs s6.
Phone is fast and feels "clean" compared to samsung devices.
The design is dmn nice and buttons position + screen position vs case size is a big + when u realise it was made this way intentionaly.
Lots of ppl say - waste of space ( space between phone edge and screen edge and buttons on screen not under ) when i play on it or type on it - its dmn easier to hold it.

I rly like the phone - even if expectations were a little bit higher.

I was thinking about s6 / edge, note 4, g4 and some others. If change i would probably try htc or huawei.
The only thing i would like to know is what is the real % of unhappy ppl cos of bad working / damaged z5 compared to s6 and others.

styxter

Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for the review kindly update us about battery life since i can relate (z2 user also) if im gonna go with z5 or stick to z2 and go z6. Since im now in a tight budget my first baby is about to come.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

bryjenko

Sep 9, 2014
Sydney
Thanks for the review kindly update us about battery life since i can relate (z2 user also) if im gonna go with z5 or stick to z2 and go z6. Since im now in a tight budget my first baby is about to come.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
I'd wait for Marshmallow before you take initial reactions on battery which means by then you may be better with Z6 [emoji1]

At moment I'm averaging about 3.5 hours SOT but lasting 24+ hours easy

jeremy_inc

Oct 26, 2011
I'd wait for Marshmallow before you take initial reactions on battery which means by then you may be better with Z6 [emoji1]

At moment I'm averaging about 3.5 hours SOT but lasting 24+ hours easy

I agree with all those points above, it's a good phone. But the battery life is pretty bad compared to other Xperias. I would wait and see if marshmallow fixes it but I have doubts. The phone uses WAY too much power when it's in use - when it's in sleep mode it's fine, the same as my Z3. But in use it's about half the battery life I got on my Z3.

wakers

Jan 17, 2010
www.rushcycles.co.uk
I've just downloaded qualcomm batteryguru don't know if it's any good or not it's still in learning mode, i'm really happy with my z5 but battery could be a bit better...

Sent from my Sony Z5 ooossshhhh

Barthlon

Oct 30, 2008
I agree with all those points above, it's a good phone. But the battery life is pretty bad compared to other Xperias. I would wait and see if marshmallow fixes it but I have doubts. The phone uses WAY too much power when it's in use - when it's in sleep mode it's fine, the same as my Z3. But in use it's about half the battery life I got on my Z3.

coming from galaxy s4 and used to just make it through the day with normal use and got around 3.5 hrs sot max. with the z5 and the same use i end up with at least 50% left at the end of the day. 5.0 hrs sot is no problem.

i'm happy!

bryjenko

Sep 9, 2014
Sydney
Yeah I think the battery at the moment is software related. I have no doubt we will see some improvements.

wakers

Jan 17, 2010
www.rushcycles.co.uk
What's your setup you using stamina mode? Screen brightness? Just trying to figure out if I've got a rogue app munching power thanks

bryjenko

Sep 9, 2014
Sydney
What's your setup you using stamina mode? Screen brightness? Just trying to figure out if I've got a rogue app munching power thanks

Yeah I'm maxing sort of 3.5 to 4 with no battery saving efforts. Be keen to know what people are doing to get 5 hours too

Sent from my Xperia Z5

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com

I never use any Stamina. Brightness around 50%.
I always turn off internet adn wifi and bluetooth off when I don't use it.
I don't use neither push emails nor automatic notifications.
And some apps turned off...
I believe Snapchat or Instagram in the background also sucks juice,
so I force close these when the phone is just on standby.

Reactions: wakers

Mano1982

May 17, 2010
Oslo

Snapchat & Facebook are two worst apps for battery :(

Barthlon

Oct 30, 2008
i have adaptive brightness on, with the slider in the default spot (half way). no stamina / savibg modes on. gps, wifi and bt always on and have 2 e-mail accounts pushing in the background.

i have deleted / turned off most sony crap, because i use google alternatives.

(still) manage to get 5 hrs.

info: black rev 4, still on 32.0.a.4.11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some of my impressions after a few days of usage
    - Very snappy and fast
    - Screen is brilliant enough
    - Design is beautiful, the graphite colour looks great
    - The Camera is great just when you know it
    - 23mpx should be improved a bit with manual ISO and better detail
    - 8mpx is great
    - They added colours to the contacts which makes scrolling through sms threads a bit
    - There is more space available on the homescreen, one extra line compared to the Z2
    - Buttons are great
    - I just love the sound when talking - it's the best sounding Xperia in calls to date
    - Stereo speakers are quite good too
    - I don't like to have SIM and SD on the same tray, I can't put in/take out SD card without a reboot
    - I still use it more than usual so I cannot fully comment on batt life
    - I love the much faster charging now!
    - As I mentioned earlier, I was disapponted with NFC/PCCompanion performance of Xperia Transfer, Cloud option did the trick
    - Calendar sync (on a fresh deice) didn't work with all the cathegories
    - Deleting sms theads is very fast now
    - No problems with overheating
    - So far it's a very very good phone, very sleek epxerience
    It's good to hear that someone has something positive to say about the Z5. I agree with most of what you have to say too, but it seems like we're in a minority.
    I don't think we're minority :)

Hi guys how is the fm quality

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

pretty good