NOTE 5 Marshmallow system dump & update.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chazzy1656

Oct 2, 2012
Laval
note 4

i know u probably dont know a bout it but do you think it will works the same with the note 4 ? if i go back to stock then try to update?

EtherealRemnant

No I fixed it... I went to go test and see if it could be done in recovery before I inserted my foot in my mouth and cache shows up as an empty folder in recovery. So I changed my post back XD

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Well probably because they specifically don't really want us rooting our devices is why

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I get that but it wasn't rooting that caused the problem for me, it was an official Samsung update. -_-

bigxie

Nov 14, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.twitter.com
No I fixed it... I went to go test and see if it could be done in recovery before I inserted my foot in my mouth and cache shows up as an empty folder in recovery. So I changed my post back XD

Are you sure it's mounted? Like gotta hit mount, and make sure cache is checked.

I don't have TWRP on my Note 5, but it works in Philz (access to cache) and on TWRP on my Z2.

EDIT: I guess this is a moot point if we have a working backup, but devs would probably still want the .zip

danon.brown

Apr 21, 2010
Austin, TX
www.facebook.com
Google Pixel 7a

bigxie

Nov 14, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.twitter.com
But wont he bootloop if he doesnt at least flash a kernel once he is done before coming out of TWRP? It always works the first time.

Oh yeah, I get around that by booting into recovery directly before system even has a chance to start up (power+home+up).

By the way, doesn't this mean that even with a TWRP backup, we won't be able to boot up unless we restore it, then flash the stock (MM) recovery?

pcriz

Oh yeah, I get around that by booting into recovery directly before system even has a chance to start up (power+home+up).

By the way, doesn't this mean that even with a TWRP backup, we won't be able to boot up unless we restore it, then flash the stock (MM) recovery?

Off topic and I have to apologize but I knew I recognized your name and then I remembered your work from the Droid X, such a blast from the past. Thanks for all your work bro!

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
download 5 is a go. i dont have the option to postpone. it just goes soon after i connect the phone to wifi. so i'm doing download mode once it completes and not restarting? flashing twrp and the update will be on the phone somewhere?

You should see pospone right after the download... if not... simply reboot into download mode right after download is over... and flash TWRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts