[Canadian Guide] - Complete Source for the LG G4 H812. Linux VM/Root/Tools&Files

Search This thread

Spudnubs

Dec 25, 2011
Edmonton
I picked up my LG G4 from Bell Canada today - got it rooted thanks to your instructions but so future Bell/Sasktel people have an easier time I've uploaded a rooted system image file I'll PM this info to get it added to OP :)

Added your rooted system image to the main post. Don't forget to thank this kind person for their hard work in supplying us with another easily accessible rooted system image for public use!

XDA is built around community support and every contribution we make betters our devices.

Again, thank you very much, kleedrac!

Rosco911

Jan 31, 2009
Has anyone manage to access the hidden service menu now?

The other codes don`t work for me at all... And I need to recalibrate my proximity sensor :(

Rosco911

Jan 31, 2009
Yeah, it's disabled on the Wind roms. You are gonna have to flash a Rogers or telus kdz to access that hidden menu.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Aww man! :( I didnt wanna root this phone.... lol.... But that screen keeps turning off on each call... I guess Ill try!..
Thank you!

philviral

Nov 27, 2015
Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the 10h and 10e images? I haven't had any luck finding a changelog. I'm running the Bell 10e image that came with my phone and wondering if there are any advantages to swapping in the Telus 10h.

fenomen0

Oct 9, 2010
In my opinion there is no lag like before and the touch is more responsive.

deadgods

Oct 21, 2009
There is no right spot for this that I can see so I'll ask here. Will the root inject found here on this thread work for the "tab a sm-t357w" from, telus?

Spudnubs

Dec 25, 2011
Edmonton
There is no right spot for this that I can see so I'll ask here. Will the root inject found here on this thread work for the "tab a sm-t357w" from, telus?

Sorry brother, this is the LG G4 phone thread and you are inquiring about a Samsung tablet. I could only find one thread for rooting your device, but it is not listed in the thread and there is no other information there about your specific device. I would suggest you ask the developer who rooted the other models of your device to help you out further as I am not qualified to give you any more information than this and I would hate to see you damage your tablet. Please use extra caution going forward on your quest for root.

http://xdaforums.com/android/development/root-samsung-galaxy-tab-9-7-sm-t550-t3126827

Reactions: deadgods

fenomen0

Oct 9, 2010
Ok, but I find only Rogers H firmware. Is there a Telus H?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question: "How/When can I root Marshmallow?
    Answer: "NO ROOT ON MARSHMALLOW"

Send me a PM with updates so I can incorporate them into the main post.

Tools & Drivers :
    Make sure you have the right tools for the job!
    LG Flash Tool
    Windows specific:
    Windows Drivers
    LG Bridge for Windows ***NOT REQUIRED BUT HANDY***
    Mac specific:
    Mac Drivers
    LG Bridge for Mac ***NOT REQUIRED BUT HANDY***

How To Root:
    Start here and read both threads over twice if you are new to the process. There are the main guides used to achieve root
    Original Root Method for the LG G4 - @thecubed Give them a Thanks!
    DIY Root Injection Guide - @hackarchive Give them a Thanks!

Rooted System Images:
    NEVER MISMATCH SOFTWARE VERSIONS AS IT COULD RESULT IN A BRICKED DEVICE. Match your phone's software version with the corresponding image
    ***An H81210x stock KDZ needs to be installed BEFORE flashing the H81210x rooted image. Also note that all carriers are cross compatible (Bell, Rogers, Telus, Wind), however Rogers devices should stick to Rogers images or you will lose VoLTE***

H81210E - @kleedrac Give them a Thanks!
    H81210G
    H81210N - @anterus Give them a Thanks!
    H81210O - @Buddyjohn Give them a Thanks!
    Rogers:
    H81210H - @GibMcFragger Give them a Thanks!
    H81210N - @nabbasi Give them a Thanks!

Stock KDZ's:
    Used to remove root or for any other issues. Downgrade/Upgrade using these KDZ's. 10x for Lollipop and 20x for Marshmallow
    Canadian DevTester Firmwares. Most KDZ's can be found here.
    H81210N
    Rogers:
    H81210H - @Jok3r10 Give them a Thanks!
    H81220E

Virtual Machine Linux Using VirtualBox:
    How to inject root if you do not have a designated Linux machine. Pictures included in the step numbers!
    Configuring VirtualBox:
    1. Download, install and run VirtualBox
    2. Create a new virtual machine. Abbreviated to VM from here on out.
    3. Select your preferred distribution of Linux. I chose Ubuntu as I find it to be the most user friendly experience.
    4. Designate preferred amount of RAM for the VM. Slide the arrow to adjust, but stay in the green to avoid complications.
    5. Create a virtual disk for Linux to be installed onto.
    6. Choose VirtualBox Disk Image to keep things simple.
    7. Choose Fixed size for the storage on the physical disk.
    8. Choose amount of storage and create. 8 gigabytes should be plenty as you can share folders, which we will do later on.
    9. Download your preferred version of Linux, or Ubuntu in my case. I placed it into the VirtualBox folder for ease of access.
    10. Run the Linux VM and chose the previously downloaded system image for the start up disk.
    You should now be able to boot up a Linux VM to use to inject root into system images with! Just finish the installation process like you would a new computer.

Some tips:
    If you followed the guide using Ubuntu, choose to fully install it, do not worry about the warning under erase disk and install Ubuntu, that only applies to the drive we just created and it wont erase anything.
    Host key is the CTRL key on the right side of the keyboard, use that for hotkeys as the left one will have no effect.
    HostCTRL + F is the full screen shortcut.

Sharing Folders:
    1. In the VirtualBox window, click the device setting and choose Insert Guest Additions CD Image and run the program. Enter in your password you chose while setting up Ubuntu. It will install and once it is done you can restart the VM by clicking the gear in the top right corner.
    2./2.5 Open the device settings again and go to the shared folder settings. Click the blue folder with the green plus and chose the file you wish to share and what you want to name it. I chose the entire C: drive to make everything easier. Select auto mount it and make it permanent.
    3. Open up Files and create a destination for the shared folder simply by right clicking in Files and create new folder.
    4. CTRL + ALT + T to open a new terminal and type in
    Code:
    sudo mount -t vboxsf FOLDERNAME /PATH/OF/FOLDER
    Input your password after running the command, hit enter and the folders should be shared.

Installing Xposed Framework:
    Utilize your device to the full potential. 110%
    Guide to getting Xposed Framework fully functional - @tabp0le Give them a Thanks!
    What is the easiest way to unroot?

easiest would be to either flash the system.img of the version you are on, or flash the KDZ file for the version you are on or update to a newer version

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Just so I am clear on this, flashing a kdz file will basically wipe the phone clean (internal memory) and give it a fresh start? All application data and anything downloaded/saved onto the internal memory is wiped?
    when flashing a kdz you have the option to flash it as a factory reset, or as a update, to my knowledge, flashing the kdz of the version you are already on as an update won't wipe anything just will remove root.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Here is the rooted system image for Bell's/Virgin's h81210o update: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_I_SCP3nQ0rRjdEMkMtMlZIMGM/view?usp=sharing
    also here is the kdz of the update: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_I_SCP3nQ0rNWdWaEVGbDlQTVU/view?usp=sharing

NOTE: to extract the rooted image you may need to use 7zip, i used it to compress it and found that some alternate programs won't decompress properly. Possibly for the kdz as well, used the same compression method even though it didn't compress all that much.
    @Spudnubs Its a ****ing lot to post man, or Im just lazy ? I started a guide one day, took forever to get halfway and I couldn't save as a draft or anything ?. I mean its a short way to do the whole process but Im really precise on everything I type out and all the steps and ****. I will do up a guide tonight though but still willing to guide people through it before hand if they want tonight. Ill have the guide up for tomorrow morning or late tonight/early morning. Thumbs up will be much appreciated ??
    Could he not flash the Telus 10G KDZ on his phone and then flash the 10G rooted system image you posted on his phone? I thought we found out that you could any carrier's KDZ on the Canadian LG G4s? (he would just have to manually input his APN afterwards)

You can flash any Canadian H812 KDZ or system image on ANY Canadian H812, regardless of carrier.
    It is recommended to flash the full KDZ first though if the version is different that what you are already running, to prevent issues.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Rogers 10h rooted system image link, for your OP.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-dYQXNfPs7UZUo4SjQxY1FiMUE
    I picked up my LG G4 from Bell Canada today - got it rooted thanks to your instructions but so future Bell/Sasktel people have an easier time I've uploaded a rooted system image file I'll PM this info to get it added to OP :)