[ROM] Official Cyanogenmod 13 for Falcon (Snapshot, Frozen)

Search This thread

ValerieAnne84

Jan 21, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Decided to install CM 13 finally. Everything installed perfectly. Only issues I'm having are Play Services keeps FC (I've already disabled everything/re-enabled it, rebooted, etc) with no fix for me and WiFi keeps randomly disconnecting for some reason.

I am using "Gapps-6.0-V3' gapps, as I know people were having a hard time finding some that worked for 6.0 :)
I'm sorry, I don't remember who they are by or where they are from. I saw them in one of the other 6.0 threads.

jmonster141

Mar 24, 2012
According to the opengapps website, it says the ROM developer needs to apply a patch to fix the play services crash. For now, I can wait. It's not an issue unless I try to open Google now app, I can't confirm any other Google apps cause the play services error.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

sjandroiddeveloper

Jan 16, 2015
It seems that microphone doesn't work. Can't use voice messagges on Whatsapp

Are you sure it is the mic and not VOIP? (still no CM13 on my devices, so i can't help yet.)

Confirm., The mic is down. Also few other minor bugs, but most annoying are play services crashes (I think due to lack of access to mic)
First of, todays build with gapps from here: http://downloadmirror.co/android/ue/open_gapps-arm-6.0-micro-20151113.zip
GMS crashes all over the place and access to mic failures, logcat is in the attachment, also there are some Unknown permissions, which worries me.

Doesn't work anyway. Mic is broken

Mic is WORKING FINE HERE without any issues

And i did a dirty flash over CM 12.1

One more thing although data works on dirty flash but i just cant get it to work on a clean install

T4t4nk4881988

Jun 15, 2013
open gapps fc's and now on tap doesn't work.any help?also i had to reboot once because wi-fi was broken ( cannot set to on )

Last edited:

moso11

Dec 18, 2014
Did anybody try 12/01 build?
What's the status of known bugs and new ones?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fersaurio

the_poolee

Well I just went back to CM12.1 since the only way this one is working proper is without any GApps. None of the workarounds seem to fix the Play Services crash problem. I've tried full clean install and the situation is no different. And you have to flash the GApps immediately after the ROM zip in recovery to avoid the 'Setup Wizard has crashed' error. Without any GApps, the ROM seems fluid and snappy. The whole ROM seems to be a WIP and well, it is one. Like the bug due to which you cannot disable a SIM from the Dual SIM settings page. As for the SystemUI tuner, it is kind of redundant since CM had its own way of dealing with Quick Toggles way ahead. The present method seems cumbersome and I'd rather have the option removed in favour of the old one, and in any case, there aren't many tiles to choose from. The redundancy holds true for the MM Permissions manager and CM Privacy Guard as well. The one thing I really liked was that MultiWindow mode was not disabled in Developer Options. It was another WIP for Google itself and they removed it from the final stock MM release. But hey, this one's cool and I would like to see it in place when I actually flash this at a later date when things are better (and I hope it isn't far away).

Last edited:

cricket4all

Nov 26, 2015
Has anyone tried the new nightly build release today 1-12-2015
if yes then please tell the new bugs found & which bugs have been solved..

olboss

Jun 20, 2010
With OpenGapps, set location to "Device Only" then flush data of GMS seems to get rid of FC, even if you change the location settings after !

Reactions: Komhir01

chrismt

Apr 26, 2011
Should we use EXT4 or F2FS twrp with Cyanogenmod 13?

And about OpenGapps...which version is best? I just need play store and basic function

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    [COLOR="Red"]* Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The “M” is for Marshmallow
    some words of wisdom:

1- This is an Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based release - update your third party addons to ensure compatibility
    2- The CM backupscript.sh in recovery will ignore and remove incompatible applications from your system partition (these are usually non-CM apps that users have opted to install). You must install a compatible app (or app pack) to regain that functionality
    3- You can flash CM13 Snapshot directly from CM12 snapshot or CM 12 nightlies (no need to wipe, BUT for optimum results, better follow Clean Update procedure explain below.), provided you read and followed items 1 and 2
    ALLERT:
    4- Once one CM13 Snapshot, you cannot downgrade back to CM12 – if you are thinking of just exploring the release, then take a backup of your existing installation if you want to go back to it.

5- You’ll need an L compatible recovery
    Happy Flashing, :)

Latest features :
    1. CM13 is now Frozen. To expect Updates, you may upgrade to CM14.1 (still under early/active development)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13 For Falcon, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    matmutant, luca020400, Ethan Chen, AOSP, Google, CyanogenMod
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CyanogenMod 12, Lollipop Rom based
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 13.0-20160820-SNAPSH
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-20

Created 2015-11-30
    Last Updated 2016-11-10
    Reserved

LINKs:
    All Snapshot Downloads

REMEMBER:
    Better use TWRP 2.8.6.0/2.8.7.0

HOW TO INSTALL
    Requirements: Unlocked Bootloader, a Lollipop compatible Custom Recovery and the Downloaded Zips.

1. Place the rom and other like Gapps on the internal Storage or on a USB OTG
    2. Reboot to recovery using the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    3. Do Wipes (Data, Cache, Dalvik and System partitions) if you are in a different ROM.
    4. Select the Zips
    5. Swipe to install (if using TWRP)
    6. Reboot and wait 2-3 min
    Pro-TIP : To avoid GPS locking issue, refer to #Q7 of the CM12 dedicated FAQ

HOW TO DIRTY UPDATE
    1. Download the rom zip using CM Updater or third party apps like CM downloader, CyanDelta...
    2. Press update.
    3. Wait 2-3 min

HOW TO CLEAN UPDATE : this kind of update helps to avoid any update related issues
    1. ProTip : Read the Changelog and disable features that have been updated between your build and the latest build (this is important when Theme features are updated and it could break things, same for Ambient Display which is a "new" feature)
    2. Download the rom zip on the CM Website or using CM Updater or third party apps like CM downloader, CyanDelta... make sure you have gapps zip on your device
    3. Reboot to recovery using the power menu or the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    4. Format /system, /cache and /dalvik-cache (advance format in wipe menu of TWRP); do NOT Wipe DATA!
    5. Select the Zips
    6. Swipe to install
    7. Reboot and wait 2-3 min

PLEASE USE THIS FAQ THREAD:
    FAQ ==> not built, yet.
    Force closes have been fixed , In tomorrow build everything should be fine :)
    Ambient display is back
    I shouldn't ask this here, but seeing @luca020400 as the maintainer for the titan at official TWRP site, and us falcon not having any official maintainer, can we expect the new TWRP 3.0?

https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=LuK1337&dl=LuK1337/twrp-3.0.0-0-falcon.img

Sent from my Moto G 2014 LTE using Tapatalk