Yota releases 1.87 firmware (RU for now)

Search This thread

SteadyQuad

Jun 9, 2015
For people looking for the latest YP2 firmware release: Today Yota officially released the 1.87 firmware. It's still Lollipop 5.0, and Russian region only at the time of writing. It should however be pretty usable for e.g. EU too if you're eager, english UI language is included in the RU ROM too). I haven't tried this firmware yet, but I intend to.

If you're currently on RU firmware, check for a FOTA update (about phone->system updates).

If you're on another region firmware and are patient, just wait till it shows up as a FOTA update anytime soon.

If you're on another region firmware and a bit less patient and a bit more daring, you can download RU1.1.87 here, and flash it with yotaflasher. Backup first, own risk etc.

MAX_G

First I loaded the usb ADB drivers then unlocked the Bootloader from the command line after that I used yotaflasher tool to load the new ROM that I downloaded from their website and then sideloaded the TWRP recovery partition to help flash the superuser zip.

Last edited:
Reactions: zute333

mamous

Jan 27, 2011
Amman
I'm wondering how to update using yotaflasher exactly and where to put my downloaded file? because when i tried that my phone just got stuck on Android logo, I fixed that but I want to know and understand what i did wrong

MAX_G

you need to move the firmware files to the same location as the Flasher tool
Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\yotaphone_flasher ( your directory may be different )
if you got stuck on android it could be a bad download or it could be just doing the update.

IIRC mine was stuck on android initially but after a rebbot it started updating all the android apk files and then booted and ran fine.

Max

Reactions: mamous

zute333

Dec 28, 2012
Canterbury
HTC Desire
YotaPhone
All up and running and all good.
I can confirm the procedure is the same as the last one (for those having used Yotaflasher. I hadn't but it's pretty straightforward).
Backup > unroot > flash stock recovery > yotaflasher (with firmware in right directory) > boot > flash su > ....... > profit!
Thanks again SteadyQuad :)

lexman941

Mar 26, 2016
Milan
Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\yotaphone_flasher ( your directory may be different )
if you got stuck on android it could be a bad download or it could be just doing the update.

IIRC mine was stuck on android initially but after a rebbot it started updating all the android apk files and then booted and ran fine.

Max

I personally didn't have to unlock or root the phone. I just downloaded yotaflasher and looked on the net for the right usb drivers. Then downloaded the rom with yotaflasher (4.4.3 EU) and flashed it. Didn't have any issue with file download or location it cause Yotaflasher did everything for me. After reboot it started to upgrade and now I am downloading via OTA 1.60 EU. Think will stop with it , waiting for the next EU rom. Will report in the next days any bug if I find.

Cheers

PS: Max I looked at your signature and saw that you own G. Glass too, if I am not wrong. Maybe I will ask you a couple of questions if you do not mind in the future cause mine went crazy in the last period and cannot understand what is the problem. Anyway I will try to read a bit over the net before bothering you. Cheers

Reactions: MAX_G

lexman941

Mar 26, 2016
Milan
Seem that 1.87a EU has been made available on Yota official ftp site. Anyone has tried it yet? I checked OTA update with the 1.60 EU installed, but as for now, I do not see any update available. Just would prefer not to use yotaflasher , cause I prefer OTA due to the fact it seems to me safer

Rarelyamson

Jan 31, 2009
Seem that 1.87a EU has been made available on Yota official ftp site. Anyone has tried it yet? I checked OTA update with the 1.60 EU installed, but as for now, I do not see any update available. Just would prefer not to use yotaflasher , cause I prefer OTA due to the fact it seems to me safer
Just got EU 1.87 OTA Update!!! Installing now!! :)

irl_x10_user

Oct 28, 2010

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-18-12-11-21.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-18-12-11-21.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_2016-04-18-12-11-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-18-12-11-57.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_2016-04-18-12-12-03.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-18-12-12-03.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 195

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For people looking for the latest YP2 firmware release: Today Yota officially released the 1.87 firmware. It's still Lollipop 5.0, and Russian region only at the time of writing. It should however be pretty usable for e.g. EU too if you're eager, english UI language is included in the RU ROM too). I haven't tried this firmware yet, but I intend to.

If you're currently on RU firmware, check for a FOTA update (about phone->system updates).

If you're on another region firmware and are patient, just wait till it shows up as a FOTA update anytime soon.

If you're on another region firmware and a bit less patient and a bit more daring, you can download RU1.1.87 here, and flash it with yotaflasher. Backup first, own risk etc.
    First I loaded the usb ADB drivers then unlocked the Bootloader from the command line after that I used yotaflasher tool to load the new ROM that I downloaded from their website and then sideloaded the TWRP recovery partition to help flash the superuser zip.

Max

Max

I personally didn't have to unlock or root the phone. I just downloaded yotaflasher and looked on the net for the right usb drivers. Then downloaded the rom with yotaflasher (4.4.3 EU) and flashed it. Didn't have any issue with file download or location it cause Yotaflasher did everything for me. After reboot it started to upgrade and now I am downloading via OTA 1.60 EU. Think will stop with it , waiting for the next EU rom. Will report in the next days any bug if I find.

Cheers

PS: Max I looked at your signature and saw that you own G. Glass too, if I am not wrong. Maybe I will ask you a couple of questions if you do not mind in the future cause mine went crazy in the last period and cannot understand what is the problem. Anyway I will try to read a bit over the net before bothering you. Cheers