[ROOT] CF-autoroot - Galaxy Tab S2 - SM-T710/T810/T715/T815 [19/9/15]

Search This thread

uresh.kuruhuri

Jun 6, 2013
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 8
is it on LMY47X.T810XXU2BOJ1?

Hi @msprenger,

I got mine (T810) too, couple of days back with v5.1.1 on it. Also updated it with the latest build LMY47X.T810XXU2BOJ1 (5.1.1).
Wondering if you were able to root on the latest build that I mentioned. Please let me know.

@ashyx,
I understand I need to use your custom permissive kernel if I want to root the device. I read in one of the posts related with the cf-autoroot/permissive kernel threads that the tar file was not working or broken but then you updated the tar files.

Can you please let me know if the links (for the files mentioned) in the OP for cf-autoroot/permissive kernel threads are the ones that were updated and point to the correct files?

Also, I assume flashing twrp custom recovery and cf-autoroot are independent and can be flashed in any order, please let me know if my understanding is correct.

hey @all,
I am quite new in this thread. Got my sm t810 just yesterday. Did the root today. Thank you for your guide and your hard work.

Lg msprenger

Last edited:

metpolds

Jun 11, 2011
Hi Sammy users ... Used various android devices for some years but this my first Samsung so please excuse the noob question. Have just taken delivery of an S2 9.7 tab (SM T810 UD model running 5.1.1) and want to use OP's files to install(1)Permissive Kernel(2)CF-Autoroot(3)TWRP Recovery. I'd be grateful if anyone could either agree my proposed steps or point out where I might be wrong.

Firstly I have installed on my laptop latest Samsung USB drivers plus Odin v.3.10.7 and on my tab have gone to settings enabled Developer and USB debugging. Searched all through Developer Settings but could not find any setting to "OEM Unlock" then went to "Lockscreen and Security" and under"Security" found "Find myMobile" but couldn't find any switch to disable it.

This is incidental information which might help.....

Kernel Version 3.10.9-5971344

Build Number LMY47X.T810XXU2BOJ1

I intend to use Odin to flash OP's files in the following order ... firstly Kernel then Autoroot lastly Recovery.

1) In Odin load ... t810_5.1.1_boot.tar ... into "BL" section then flash

2) In Odin load ... t810_cf-autoroot_5.1.1.tar ... into "AP" section then flash

3) In Odin load ... twrp_5.1.1_test2_t810.tar ... into "AP" section then flash

I'm uncertain if I am correct in loading the Kernel file into "BL" and whether I can load both Kernel and Autoroot files and flash them at same time or whether they have to be flashed separately.

If I am heading for disaster hope someone will be good enough to correct me before it's too late! Many thanks.

Reactions: Cizaquita

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Hi @msprenger,

I got mine (T810) too, couple of days back with v5.1.1 on it. Also updated it with the latest build LMY47X.T810XXU2BOJ1 (5.1.1).
Wondering if you were able to root on the latest build that I mentioned. Please let me know.

@ashyx,
I understand I need to use your custom permissive kernel if I want to root the devie. I read in one of the posts related with the cf-autoroot/permissive kernel threads that the tar file was not working or broken but then you updated the tar files.

Can you please let me know if the links (for the files mentioned) in the OP for cf-autoroot/permissive kernel threads are the ones that were updated and point to the correct files?

Also, I assume flashing twrp custom recovery and cf-autoroot are independent and can be flashed in any order, please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Of course they have been fixed.
Flash custom kernel then cf_autoroot then twrp.

Reactions: uresh.kuruhuri

RedBullet

Mar 31, 2010
Hi Sammy users ... Used various android devices for some years but this my first Samsung so please excuse the noob question. Have just taken delivery of an S2 9.7 tab (SM T810 UD model running 5.1.1) and want to use OP's files to install(1)Permissive Kernel(2)CF-Autoroot(3)TWRP Recovery. I'd be grateful if anyone could either agree my proposed steps or point out where I might be wrong.

Firstly I have installed on my laptop latest Samsung USB drivers plus Odin v.3.10.7 and on my tab have gone to settings enabled Developer and USB debugging. Searched all through Developer Settings but could not find any setting to "OEM Unlock" then went to "Lockscreen and Security" and under"Security" found "Find myMobile" but couldn't find any switch to disable it.

This is incidental information which might help.....

Kernel Version 3.10.9-5971344

Build Number LMY47X.T810XXU2BOJ1

I intend to use Odin to flash OP's files in the following order ... firstly Kernel then Autoroot lastly Recovery.

1) In Odin load ... t810_5.1.1_boot.tar ... into "BL" section then flash

2) In Odin load ... t810_cf-autoroot_5.1.1.tar ... into "AP" section then flash

3) In Odin load ... twrp_5.1.1_test2_t810.tar ... into "AP" section then flash

I'm uncertain if I am correct in loading the Kernel file into "BL" and whether I can load both Kernel and Autoroot files and flash them at same time or whether they have to be flashed separately.

If I am heading for disaster hope someone will be good enough to correct me before it's too late! Many thanks.

Yea, I couldn't find the setting either. Not clear to me what the process to get to ROOT & custom recovery.

Reactions: metpolds

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Yea, I couldn't find the setting either. Not clear to me what the process to get to ROOT & custom recovery.

There is a guide in the first post.
For 5.1.1:
Flash the custom kernel in AP slot of ODIN.
Flash cf_autoroot, again AP slot.
Finally flash TWRP, again AP slot.

Last edited:

RedBullet

Mar 31, 2010
There is a guide in the first post.
For 5.1.1:
Flash the custom kernel in AP slot of ODIN.
Flash cf_autoroot, again AP slot.
Finally flash TWRP, again AP slot.
Thanks. Just to confirm though, no disable OEM lock in settings?

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Thanks. Just to confirm though, no disable OEM lock in settings?

Last edited:

Mischa42

Feb 9, 2008
Cologne
INFO:
This is a port of CF-autoroot for the Tab S2
Hi ashyx, and again thanks for rooting. I successfully installed CF-autoroot on my SM-T815 with Android 5.0.2 (Firmware T815XXU2AOJ4). Much appreciated! :good:

Edit: I did not had the " Enable OEM unlock" option in developer options, but nevertheless it worked fine.

Cheers,
Mischa

Reactions: ashyx

Lumia J

Dec 19, 2014
Singapore
Can you flash back to an earlier firmware? Apparently Samsung have been messing with security policy updates lately causing boot loops for everyone that roots.
am on OJ4 firmware, can I flash without going back to older firmware? if is a must, how can I upgrade going forward?

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
am on OJ4 firmware, can I flash without going back to older firmware? if is a must, how can I upgrade going forward?

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

You don't need to do anything, it's already been confirmed working on OJ4.
Which android version are you running 5.0.2 or 5.1.1?

ksr007

Apr 26, 2011
Hanoi
My S2 has OTA to OJ4 and i was tried to flash OG6 via odin but failed. Samsung has locked Bootloader from OJ4 and can't downgrade to older firmware.
This why i can't root with your CF auto root because it's for older 5.0.2 firmware.
I need your help on new firmware to root .

Gửi từ SM-T815Y của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
My S2 has OTA to OJ4 and i was tried to flash OG6 via odin but failed. Samsung has locked Bootloader from OJ4 and can't downgrade to older firmware.
This why i can't root with your CF auto root because it's for older 5.0.2 firmware.
I need your help on new firmware to root .

If you read the first page you will see there is a 5.1.1 version for t810 which should also work for t815, but you would need to flash a permissive kernel.

ksr007

Apr 26, 2011
Hanoi
If you read the first page you will see there is a 5.1.1 version for t810 which should also work for t815, but you would need to flash a permissive kernel.
I'm on 5.0.2, not 5.1.1 so i can't root because not have permissive kernel for T815Y.

rockerduck

Jan 17, 2008
I own a SM-T715 with 5.0.2 (OJ4)
SInce I don' have a windows machine, is it possible to root and install recovery using heimdall?

thank you

Top Liked Posts