Audio [MOD][2016.02.15] - HK - BS - JBL / Aroma Switcher 5.0.3 / ADSP v62.2.2

Search This thread

trancoss2

Sep 28, 2012
Thanks for your work, it works on android m

Enviado desde mi HTC One_M8 mediante Tapatalk

mattie_7

Feb 14, 2010
Doesn't get past first initial while HTC boot screen with the standard red disclaimer

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Reactions: smeejaytee

smeejaytee

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Give it a shot and find out, then report back here. You can always simply dirty flash your ROM to get back to BoomSound if it doesn't. I do know that the Kitkat version worked with Lollipop when it came out.
Mate i would have tried already lol but just moved house and my wifi isn't connected yet so i can't download the mm rom,
I was asking so that i could inform the followers of my m8 sound mod thread, i like to keep it up to date with what's going on, even if I'm unable to test myself.

Ps i like your new avatar.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

bedduxx

Dec 15, 2014
Makassar
I get this message
And when i play music,
Sound nothing changes if I turn Clari fi and livestage
M8 Asia
Twrp 2.8.7.0_CPTB-B4
S-off

Attachments

• HK_BS_Switcher_4.3.1_test2.zip.log.txt
    1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20151207_174747.jpg
    IMG_20151207_174747.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
Reactions: smeejaytee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Aroma HK / BS / JBL Switcher
    Switcher_screenshots_presentation.png

Features:
    - Flash the Harman/Kardon function of the Harman/Kardon Sprint M8 to stock GSM, VZW, and Sprint phones
    - Flash the BoomSound function back to all phones, make the Sprint H/K Phone a BoomSound phone (theoretically working, untested).
    - Flash the JBL Audio function of the Butterfly 2 to stock GSM and Sprint phones (much like H/K, mostly a cosmetic difference)
    - Each function being selectable in a neat Aroma UI, flashable via recovery.

Requirements:
    - S-OFF is mandatory - do NOT try to flash the ADSP to S-ON Phones - the risks are unexplored. Damage might be inflicted!
    - S-ON and S-OFF Harman/Kardon Phones can use this mod too to restore their HK functionality on ROM's that only come with BoomSound like e.g. ViperOneM8!
    - Recovery to flash: needs to be a current TWRP! NO Philz, NO CWM please!
    - HTC Marshmallow Sense ROM! No AOSP, AOKP, Cyanogen, GPE or whatever Senseless...

Changelog:

• Updated files for JBL option from the Official Butterfly 2 4.10.709.2 MM release, including the addition of the JBL ADSP
    Reverted to v5.0.3 for now
    • Updated the ability to flash the JBL Audio function of the Butterfly 2 from last update to now include the Verizon M8 as well

• Added the ability to flash the JBL Audio function of the Butterfly 2 to stock GSM and Sprint phones
      (much like H/K, mostly a cosmetic difference and not yet working for Vzw)
    • Made edits to installer script to change the value for the effect manager id for each audio option chosen
    • Updated Verizon logo/icon in aroma (cosmetic change only)

• Removed Beta tag/considered stable
    • Fixed some file duplicates from Beta 2 upload
    • Added HTC Audio Configuration from HK and stock configs for return to BS

• Updated to Android 6.0.0 and latest ADSP’s for both HK and BS.
    • Updated BoomSound files to 6.12.401.4, HK files to 6.20.654.3
    • Executing shell scripts from TMP again rather than RAM - the ram method stopped working for some reason.
    Previous:

• Added Sprint HK "Stagefright" vulnerability patch to mod (source: Sprint HK security OTA) - unlocks 192KHz/24Bit files on Boomsound too, unexpected side-effect.
    • Added all other HK related files that were updated by HTC/Sprint with 4.25.654.18 OTA
    • Reworked the whole file setup with Santod040's diffing job (MASSIVE thanks) and my own humble clean-up job. Should fix BT stutter.
    • Corrected Harman/Kardon Lollipop files. Seems, I had an unclean source.
    • replaced the script to edit settings with the universal version from @EarlyMon to hopefully fix some carriers not changing settings (THX!)
    • Executing said shell scripts from RAM rather than /tmp - minimize copy fails
    • Updated to Android 5.0.1 and latest ADSP’s for both HK and BS.
    • Updated BoomSound files to 4.16.401.10, HK files to 4.20.654.10
    • Replaced Verizon HK and BS Settings with mod from @santod040 (THANKS!)

Tested on: see post #2!

Known issues:
    • On 5.0.x: With ViperOneM8, there is a sporadic Settings-FC when enabling Bluetooth for the first time after changing to Harman/Kardon

Some release notes:
    - People on Lollipop ROM's please refer to 4.3.1 Version! 5.0.x is Marshmallow only!
    - Harman/Kardon ADSP 6.2.2 seems to be serving BoomSound just as well, again. So, you actually only need to swap to HK ADSP once, and leave that one in, even when going back to BoomSound.
    - The new 5.0.x switcher works with Marshmallow files for GSM and Sprint. On VZW it works with ported MM ROM's, but not with older LP ROM's.

Additional Info for interested people
    The logic of the File setup can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xxXC00mpjq8cBgZUz0jOLx20qrC5W4JY0ZrbbBmG81M/pubhtml It has been updated to reflect the current 5.0.0 (Mod) version.

A little disclaimer:
    We take no responsibility for any damage done to your device following a flash of the ADSP image with our flasher. You are aware that flashing firmware partitions always carries a risk of damaging your phone. You agree to not hold us responsible for damage arising out of you yourself deciding to flash this after we have clearly pointed out the attached risks.

Credits:
    Go to everyone who contributed to porting the Harman/Kardon feature from the original Sprint HK M8, on both original threads from Scrosler and Baadnewz. I wish to express my gratitude for this community effort. Some names that stood out most and whose work was directly or indirectly put into the Aroma version of the mod:

scottsroms.com - for maintaining the original mod - THANKS!
    @Steve0007 - for digging through the files and finding stuff
    @santod040 - for doing the major workload by now (Version 5) and all the help before - THANKS!
    @benny3 - for providing files originally on Scrosler's and Baadnewz threads.
    @O.M.J - for providing files originally on Scrosler's and Baadnewz threads.
    @EarlyMon for original shell scripting - thanks a ton!
    @Captain_Throwback - universal wizardry, know-it-all, professional attitude
    @baadnewz - the great initiator
    @lyapota - the great initiator part two, and for scripting.
    @ivicask - for the idea and being a very capable file monkey
    @nkk71 - for double checking and advising on scripts in version 5

Thank you, Guys!

Download:
    Marshmallow version 5.0.3 (or check DevDB download tab)
    Lollipop Version 4.3.1 is here or check downloads tab of DevDB.

Optional Kernel: (Marshmallow only)
    This will take care of any issues with High BitRate Flac audio files that don't play properly.
    This is a stock Harman Kardon kernel which uses the AnyKernel method of install, so it won't touch your current ramdisk.
    Harman-Kardon_HD-Audio-Enabled_Stock-Kernel_Multi-Variant.zip

Viper4Android Aroma Installer - Compatible with HK/BS/JBL Switcher:
    See My V4A Mod Posted Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    Audio [MOD][2016.02.15] - HK - BS - JBL / Aroma Switcher 5.0.3 / ADSP v62.2.2, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    Sneakyghost, Santod040, Captain_throwback
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.0.4
    Stable Release Date: 2016-02-15
    Current Beta Version: 5.0.0
    Beta Release Date: 2016-01-31

Created 2015-02-20
    Last Updated 2016-02-16
    Updated to v5.0.0 for Marshmallow

Aroma HK / BS Switcher 5.0.0 for Android Marshmallow
    Switcher_screenshots_presentation.png

Features:
    - Flash the Harman/Kardon function of the Harman/Kardon Sprint M8 to stock GSM, VZW and Sprint phones
    - Flash the BoomSound function back to all phones, make the Sprint H/K Phone a BoomSound phone.
    - Both functions being selectable in a neat Aroma UI, flashable via recovery.

Requirements:
    - S-OFF is mandatory - do NOT try to flash the ADSP to S-ON Phones - the risks are unexplored. Damage might be inflicted!
    - S-ON and S-OFF Harman/Kardon Phones can use this mod too to restore their HK functionality on ROM's that only come with BoomSound like e.g. ViperOneM8!
    - Recovery to flash: needs to be a current TWRP! NO Philz, NO CWM please!
    - HTC Marshmallow Sense ROM! No AOSP, AOKP, Cyanogen, GPE or whatever Senseless...

Changelog:

• Updated all files to Android 6.0 Marshmallow from Harman Kardon Sprint M8 Official 6.20.654.3 OTA.
    • Reconfigured Installer script and temp shell scripts for usability with the latest Twrp and Marshmallow.
    • Learned some new tricks in the process and suffered a headache or two, ENJOY!!!

DOWNLOAD:
    (for Marshmallow only, Lollipop should use previous version)
    HK_BS_Switcher_5.0.0-2016-01-30_PublicBeta
    Viper4Android Aroma Installer

Ok, so I have seen users wanting to utilize this HK/BS/JBL Audio Mod, as well as Viper4Android.
    I completely understand why, as they both have their advantages and together they can produce some great audio.
    So to help with compatibility issues, I have redone a Viper4Android Aroma Installer, that I had put together previously.
    In the V4A installer, I have included options for compatibility with the Mods in our HK/BS/JBL audio mod posted in this thread.

Viper 4 Android

viper4androidbanners.png

Aroma Installer for HTC M8
    UI Options:
    - Default UI
    - Dark Material UI
    - Lite Material UI

Compatibility Options:
    - For use with Harman Kardon
    - For use with Boomsound
    - For use with JBL Audio

DOWNLOAD:
    ViPER4Android_FX_v2.4.0.1_Aroma-Installer_santod040_v3.05

To install this V4A Aroma Installer:
    • First you should flash your HK/BS/JBL option of choice, from the installer in the OP.
    • Then flash the V4A Aroma installer, which I've linked below and choose your current Audio choice in aroma during the install. (HK/BS/JBL)

This will give you optimal audio configurations, for use together with the Mod in the OP.
    Without having to delete, remove, or compromise any of the audio libraries that should go along with your existing audio.
    Some of the other solutions out there, delete important audio configs, or chop them up in ways which are not in line with the stock HTC audio configurations.
    This will give you the best of both worlds, when used along with the Switcher in the OP.

V4A Aroma-Installer Changelog:
    ViPER4Android_FX_v2.4.0.1_Aroma-Installer_santod040_v3.05
    • Updated JBL compatibility for HK/BS/JBL Switcher v5.0.4
    ViPER4Android_FX_v2.4.0.1_Aroma-Installer_santod040_v3.04
    • Fixed touch screen issues in installer for effected m8 variants
    • Updated aroma installer update-binary and update-binary-installer
    • Updated Installer Device info to specify HTC One M8
    • Changed color of device info to better match aroma installer theme
    ViPER4Android_FX_v2.4.0.1_Aroma-Installer_santod040_v3.03
    • Re-Signed themed apks
    ViPER4Android_FX_v2.4.0.1_Aroma-Installer_santod040_v3.02
    • Updated to latest ViPER4Android_FX v2.4.0.1
    • Themed updated version: Material Dark and Material Lite (default UI still included as well)
    • Eliminated the need for SeLinux to be set to Permissive
    • Automatically installs the V4A driver during Aroma install (no need to apply and reboot after install)

ViPER’s Audio is founded by Euphy Wong (known as ViPER520).
    ViPER’s Audio has been a popular audio mod in China.
    Co-founder Jasper Loo (known as zhuhang) extended its popularity globally through xda-developers forum.
    It has now gained fame and stand its ground in the audio mod field.
    Notice to everyone:

I would like this thread to be kept short and simple. It only serves the purpose of "uncluttering" the original HK Audio Mod thread and should help get this Aroma based mod some proper discussion without me feeling constantly like i actually hijacked another thread.

I will ask other members to refrain from discussing audio quality in here as best as you can, because that is pretty pointless with this mod. The files are mostly set and not much we can further find out about the composition of the Harman/Kardon functionality. Modifications to sound-relevant files are NOT done here. All HTC standard files.

What i want to discuss:
    - Scripts (Aroma/Shell)
    - File composition (did you really find that one file i missed or are you audio hallucinating)
    - Other aspects of the mod.

HOW TO WORK WITH DEV DB
    In order to have this clean and tidy, XDA had the brilliant idea to introduce the "Dev DB" feature. That is the black bar at the top - it has several headers.

Disucussion - this main thread. It is not for Off-Topic, obviously, but it has a broader spectrum.
    Screenshots - i will not be using that!
    Downloads - thinking of putting all downloads there
    Feature Requests - feel free to drop feature requests here, yet be aware there is not very much to be added.
    Bug reports - in future, please drop PROPER bug reports there ("It doesn't work" doesn't count as one!) Logfile, getvar all output, ROM version, recovery version.

In order to achieve this handling, i might be reporting a fair number of posts, so please don't feel offended, just accept that i might not want every discussion in here.
    Tapatalk Users: please be aware that some or all of those Dev DB features might not be available for you. I believe this is, for now, only accessible through the web interface.
    First, some basics . . .
    This is what BoomSound looks like in Settings:
    Screenshot_2015-02-20-10-51-19.png

The adsp version can be found in the bootloader (HBOOT). The current BoomSound adsp information can be found below:
    IMAG0006.jpg

This is what Harman Kardon looks like in Settings:
    Screenshot_2015-02-20-10-52-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-20-10-52-42.png

The current Harman Kardon Edition adsp information can be found below:
    IMAG0004_1.jpg

NOTE: The adsp version can also be found in /firmware/adsp in the file adspver.cfg. See below:
    Screenshot_2015-02-20-14-20-04.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-20-14-20-09.png

So, what is this HD Audio support in the kernel everyone's talking about?
    In kernel source, the HD Audio flag can be found in sound/soc/msm/Kconfig. According to the Kconfig for the "HD_AUDIO" flag:
    Code:
    config HD_AUDIO
        tristate "HD Audio"
        default n
        help
     To add support for 64/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz Audio.
    This additional codec support, along with the HK files allow 24-bit, 192KHz FLAC file playback with the stock HTC Music app.

Most (if not all) custom kernels have this flag enabled. My kernel is just here as an option for people that want a close-to-stock alternative with it included, without all of the extra "bells and whistles" that the other custom kernels feature.

Current Version: BeyondStockᵀᴹ M8 Kernel v3.2.1

Features:
    • HTC system write protection disabled
    • Dirty file record disabled
    • kexec-hardboot for MultiROM support
    • HD audio support
    • NTFS RW support
    • F2FS support (added with v3.2.0)
    • Ondemand governor set as default
    • Compiled with Linaro 4.9 Toolchain (optimized for cortex-a15)

Kernel Source (github)

Is my recovery really that important? Why can't I just use PhilZ, CWM, etc. instead of TWRP?

Well first of all, TWRP is the most actively developed of the custom recoveries, with the most robust features. PhilZ and ClockworkMod are no longer being maintained. I also know for a fact that TWRP for the M8 works on all M8 variants, regardless of Carrier, and was built using the latest Lollipop kernel and with Lollipop source. This makes it the most compatible with this mod, which is made for Lollipop.

The official TWRP works fine for this, but I also have a custom build of TWRP for M8, which uses the stock kernel module for exFAT support. This seems to be more reliable than TWRP's exfat-fuse implementation, and allows support for AROMA File Manager as well. NOTE: Starting with 2.8.6.0, my TWRP build uses the Samsung Open Source exfat-nofuse implementation, rather than the stock module, and adds F2FS support.

My TWRP thread is here.

This is my download folder with my latest versions (current version is 2.8.6.0).

I also HIGHLY recommend this theme for TWRP. It makes using recovery a completely new experience ;).