[LG G3] Android Marshmallow discussions

Search This thread

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
That's the whole point here.Android really sucks in update policy here and manufacturers are to be blamed.
Most of the flagships that user buys,gets good update only for a year(may be) and then every update takes 3-6 months to land on 1 year old flagship.

and that sounds really stupid,as if you are spending $900+ on a mobile,you atleast expect a 2 year descent support.but,that's not case with most android manufacturer.

some says,software can't keep up with the old hardware.but hey..I am buying $900 flagship,not some low budget or mid ranger phone.
If this case applies to flagships also..then Its not that worth to buy flagship and expect support for 2-3 years.

and then,there are companies like LG,who doesn't give any information on update for its best selling phone -LG G3.I know,same applies for Samsung also,but they atleast gave 5.1 update to S5 and Note 4.

LG,If you are skipping 5.1 and want users to go directly to 6.0,you should do it faster.Plus,you will not be giving any major feature addition(camera 2 api) with this update,so how you can expect your customer who spend $600-700 to buy ur phone,should wait for a year to get an update.

I know some might say,they want to release stable update but hey,they skipped 5.1 and I got 5.0 update last year,that means they had whole year to do anything to provide good update.I mean,look at HTC,they might mot be doing well in sells but 1st 6.0 update they provide was to M8 as they skipped 5.1 for it.

LG,You are really good at hardware and new innovative feature implementation,but if you need good loyal customers,then you should also concentrate on update policy and customer interaction.

Thanks,
WaveGuru

would you rather have them go the apple way? building updates sending them to carriers then changing for carriers retesting then resubminting to carriers then if approved available even if it is an simunlocked version they have to wait untill carrier gives the go ahead, I totally agree on the support time and it sucking realy bad with just 18 months for most devices

to the guy posting the 6.0 screenshot there are a few problems with your post
1) lg doesn't push updates in weekends(too expensive)
2) the f400 versions are alost always behind the d855 in line to get update(more d855= deeper testing)
3) lg their beta test country is poland and not korea

waveguru

Jan 14, 2012
Mumbai
would you rather have them go the apple way? building updates sending them to carriers then changing for carriers retesting then resubminting to carriers then if approved available even if it is an simunlocked version they have to wait untill carrier gives the go ahead, I totally agree on the support time and it sucking realy bad with just 18 months for most devices

Not sure about carriers,but I always used unlocked mobiles(that's what you can get in India :) ).So,that excuse does not applies for everyone.

For Carrier based mobile,one thing is good that customer can get it at low cost.

But,most of users in the World uses unlocked version..I guess.

As I mentioned before,HTC updated only unlocked M8 right now.

Updates from carriers is not in LG's hand,But,they should complete their task more efficiently.

Thanks,
WaveGuru

Reactions: TonyStark R.I.P.

ypsmav

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2009
EU

My two cents:
I consider myself an anti-Apple, but I recon that Apple is doing much better in keeping their products current.

The android ecosystem is so fragmented that users are always out of date. OEMs/carriers are modifying the AOSP with the only objective of mining users private information and generate income from bloatware.

Android would be much better if the system could be updated separately from the UI.

I've bought devices from all main OEMs (HTC, Samsung, LG, etc) and all of then have the same horrible update policy. Nobody follows the rule of 2 years of updates from purchase. they only do 2 years from launch.

My next phone will definitely be a nexus.

Sent from my phone

Reactions: jdfeos

Gidro88

Dec 15, 2015
Definitely, I refuse to buy a smartphone without a removal battery and a sdcard......
I'll buy a..... LG G5 !..... ��

Envoyé de mon GT-N5110 en utilisant Tapatalk

Literally I'm heading to buy Motorola phone Next year Solid phone
Ongoing updates
One of the best cameras available according to DXo
Greatest battery available
Water , dust , damage proof
Pure android taste
Google friendship so drivers API will updated step to step with nexus phone
SD Card Slot

Last edited:

Amir666

Mar 28, 2015
Tehran
Guys
I have a source that says we have Marshmallow update on 8-9th Janaury...and it's ONLY for Poland
Just a few patience!

Last edited:

Captain Mark

Apr 26, 2013
Literally I'm heading to buy Motorola phone Next year Solid phone
Ongoing updates
One of the best cameras available according to DXo
Greatest battery available
Water , dust , damage proof
Pure android taste
Google friendship so drivers API will updated step to step with nexus phone
SD Card Slot
I remember lenovo buying motorola from Google so update schedules might change, or did I miss something?

AsHref11

Dec 15, 2015
Pisa
I really hated the bugs in Lollipop like apss closes by it selfs i use facebook and whatsapp and if i stay in whatsapp for 5 minutes and back to facebook app it will reopen and refresh every thing and lose what i was doing. I think cozs of memory leak :(

Captain Mark

Apr 26, 2013
I really hated the bugs in Lollipop like apss closes by it selfs i use facebook and whatsapp and if i stay in whatsapp for 5 minutes and back to facebook app it will reopen and refresh every thing and lose what i was doing. I think cozs of memory leak :(

Haven't you got the update (forgot the name, but it's still lollipop) yet? It fixed the memory leak bug.

iam_delan0

Jan 21, 2014
Goa
you can install xposed and try the memory leak fix module.that would help you.cause of xceed kernel and xposed modules.lollipop is pretty bug free and stable and fast.

I agree Xceed Kernel has really improved things.. but the battery life isn't that great. One thing improves the other thing gets messed up. Hopefully, Marshmallow will improve things for good.

Captain Mark

Apr 26, 2013
I don't think the Memory Leak Bug was fixed. Atleast on the D855 I don't see an improvement even with the latest update. Also we're still on Android 5.0

I don't know but after receiving that said update all of those force closes are gone. Probably I'm lucky? Hahaha Though that was the only thing I saw that was changed after the update, that's why I assumed that fixed the bug.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello G3 users, Android 6 is finally here ! Current available KDZ list below:

LG G3 D855 30B_GLOBAL_XX , thanks to @autoprime
    LG G3 D855 30B_EUR_XX , thanks to @maxou2600
    LG G3 F400L 30C_KR_XX , thanks to @ishanbhatnagr96
    LG G3 F400K 30D_KR_XX, thanks to @Keaganvdh
    LG G3 F400S 30C_KR_XX , thanks to @ishanbhatnagr96
    LG G3 D858HK 30A_HK_XX

These KDZ's are compatible with both 16 and 32 GB versions of the phone, and they can be flashed using LG Flash Tool (2014).
    I recommend you to do a CSE Flash if you're going to use the flash tool from above. You can flash this coming from any previous rom.
    Also, if you get the error from the attachments while flashing, have no fear and keep the phone plugged in to the pc until the flashing is complete.

The main changes in Android 6 Marshmallow for the G3 are shown here.
    For the secret menu the code is *#546368#*855# , thanks to @dszymek

First impressions from @KiaTheKing are available in the video below .

@KiaTheKing was also kind enough to make a tutorial on how to root android marshmallow
    in the video below.

In attachments you have some pics, happy flashing !
    *UPDATE*
    Made a new thread here for flashable zips, all the partitions and KDZ - http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/development/stock-d855-30b-images-kdz-flashables-t3282012. Apparently the KDZ works on both 16GB and 32GB devices.

if you are using CM13 or another AOSP rom there is no need to flash anything from 30B yet. Maybe tz, rpm and modem once CM13 gets updated with the newer blobs. this KDZ is in the hands of CM devs who have updated the CM13 blobs n things :)

If you don't care about root and have a D855.. go ahead and just flash the KDZ.

#teamcodefire
    LG has posted kernel source for the M build on D855 (unlocked, international).

http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list?types=ALL&search=D855
    You, guys, are like a little children... Nobody knows exact time of arriving this OTA update and you still questioning this particular thing over and over again.

Odesláno z mého LG-D855 pomocí Tapatalk

What's wrong with being like little children :D Children are full of excitement and wonder at new things that are to come just like people here on Xda who are waiting for MM.

Wouldn't Xda be a very dull place if nobody posted any comments or points of view on particular subjects like the Marshmallow update, in fact Xda would be a very boring place.

Chill out and join the debate because that is all it is people expressing their point of view or excitement on a particular subject....:cool::cool:
    I do not really think he is the one to blame. It was clearly a joke here on XDA. GSMArena is the one to blame for taking random pictures with no source and posting them as news, especially when they are considered to be credible and many sites use them as a source.

Sure you're right but responsibility is mostly on the joker. Anyway, what can I do about it?
    I just hope it will be released by tomorrow and the only outcome I will recall in some time will be increased reach of my twitter profile ;)