[Indefinitely Postponed] - OxySlim - [23/02/2016 - 2.2.2]

Search This thread

sewer56lol

I also disabled OnePlus System Service. Caused no problems (for me). At least it doesn't look up for location anymore.
Do you know what it really does? Lol

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hmm.... I just took a look at the app itself because I'm curious.

Look at net.oneplus.odm.provider in /data/data when the app is running to see its local residue output.
The format of the thing appears to be SQLite 3.

And now:
- The app makes a log of the processes/apps you launch, with their version and your version (of the OS). This info appears to be uploaded.

This sounds like your usual 'user experience' logging - it allows OEMs to find issues in their firmware and as an additional perk be able to compile usage statistics for their consumer base. If you feel threatened by something like this then you probably shouldn't in the world we live in today - your computer has been logged like this if you run Microsoft Windows for probably 10 years if not more, it's usual.

And here's other data I dug out of it that is uploaded:
Code:
- (id) Stores your device serial no. (mine is in a : XXXXXXXX format) - you can see it in settings > status.
- (im) Your device IMEI
- (br) 'Device branding' => in other words OnePlus
- (mn) Model Number ==> A2003 for me :^)
- (av) Android version ==> 5.1.1.
- (ov) Oxygen version ==> Oxygen ONE A2003_14_151109 (2.1.2)
- (rw) Device 'width/horizontal' resolution (1080)
- (rh) Device 'height' resolution (1920)
- (ac) ????
- (ro) Roaming status as true/false [strike]???? (True for me)[/strike]
- (ma) Mac address
- (la) Language (en for me)
- (co) Country (GB)
- (bs) Battery Status when info logged (e.g. CHARGING)
- (bl) Battery level. (Percentage is listed as an integer).
- (gn) ???
- (gc) ???
- (ga) ???
- (ge) ???
- (non) Network operator name (e.g. Orange)
- (noi) Network Operator (ID?) - Some sort of ID/number for/of this provider.
- (not) Network Operator (T?) - Shows connectivity type e.g. HSPA
- (nos) Network Operator (Serial?)  - Shows CDMA related info such as if phone is registered, timestamp and signal strength.
- (ncn) Network (C?) (N?) - It's probably your SIM provider.
- (nci) - ID of this provider above
- (npc) - Country of this SIM/Provider (e.g. GB)
- (npn) ????
- (nws) Network ???? SSID - No idea what W stands for. It's your access point name/SSID name of router.
- (nwh) - Something related to this router (mine is false)
- (nwa) - MAC address of this router.
- (nwb) - Some sort of other address of this router.
- (nwl) - Has router timezone and two other variables that I can't identify.
- (ts) ???? (It's a long number)
- (iac) ???? (1 for me)
- (it) ???? (0)
- (gl) Geometric Latitude
- (go) Geometric Longitude

The two co-ordinates pointed to a place 36km from my real location. So it's not that precise I assume - I had GPS off though so this location could be based off Wi-Fi and mobile data because GPS would give a much more precise location.

Additionally:
The app has no user launchable activities but does provide activities.

The one activity has defined:
@id/button_send_job_intent
@id/button_post_data
@id/button_send_job_intent
@id/button_post_key
@id/button_start_session
@id/button_stop_session
@id/button_send_event
@id/listview_log

There is also an 'action' to clear log files.

The strings are:
Code:
    <string name="app_name">OnePlus System Service</string>
    <string name="send_job">SEND JOB GO!!</string>
    <string name="post_data">POST DATA</string>
    <string name="post_key">POST KEY</string>
    <string name="start_session">Start Session</string>
    <string name="stop_session">Stop Session</string>
    <string name="event">Event</string>
    <string name="empty" />
    <string name="action_settings">Settings</string>

And the app has as expected like 20 million permissions.

From the name itself it sounds like it's a crucial app, it's nothing more than your usual OEM telemetry/usage data statistics collector. That's going away in the next ROM update, it's just a waste of data/battery/space for the end user.

Data (IMO) doesn't appear to be used for spying, it's to put it frankly your typical OEM telemetry they probably use for statistics allowing them to make better business decisions especially on the marketing front as they know who they need to cater to (for instance you can tell by the OPX that the phone was clearly designed or had its design cued for their major Indian market majority).

Last edited:

sewer56lol

So, flashed the 2.2.0 ... all fine so far ... Layers also works well, just had to install it from play store ...

But, is it just me, or is OS far slower as a clean CM12.1??

No it's just you, it's placebo of the difference in default settings I'd say. CM has very aggressive, pretty well performance optimized kernel frequency scaling in their governor among with some interesting hotplugging and reduced animation times giving it a really fast smooth user experience.

Boeffla and stock are more I'd say (IMO) are more fit for battery life regarding their governor configuration out of the box without compromising real performance.

Just change your animation times in developer options and play around with your governor if you wish - you'd end up with the same feel though I personally say things are fine as they are which is pretty well balanced. Now go out there and control your wakelocks and gain some really, really nice battery longetivity.

sewer56lol

Thanks... Don't want start an avalanche on wishes [emoji6]

It would be convenient to have more steps for volume settings (I know there are possibilities with xposed but don't want modify hole framework for this feature)
Maybe you could think about...

Best regards

Hmm, I just recommend using Xposed anyway since it's also recommended to be used to control Wakelocks (via Amplify), VolumeSteps+ is great but I'll still look into it. It's been forever since I've done framework modifications since I've been inactive for a while before I got the OP2.

Now let's dig framework.jar, given it's still there.

Edit: Nope. Not framework.jar, framework-res will take forever to compile on this potato.

I'll leave this request for now.

Last edited:

sewer56lol

Well guys, I have some very bad news.

A few minutes ago in a near emergency-like situation when chasing my dear adorable puppy who has been onto pursuit search of my mother she depends on, my device has dropped onto concrete. It dropped from a height just equivalent to what has absolutely completely shattered my Nexus 5's digitizer when it fell out of my pocket, during practice for local field hockey schools' cup finals a year ago.

Now I am very sorry to announce that solid concrete is unfortunately no match for our glorious OnePlus Two, the device fell out of my pocket and landed just at the same angle/corner of the device - and now for all that's left? Few scratches on the metal on the sides of the phone and two corners, not even a real scratch on the screen but a smidge on the protector - now I have an excuse to remove the crappy stock screen protector.

In fact it's hard to even see the scratches.

tl;dr
OnePlus Two is a TANK!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Also: I wonder when will someone realize :^)
I've edited one of the stock comments in a commonly edited file by the power user :^)

Really surprised nobody pointed it out :eek:

Last edited:

sewer56lol

Last edited:

DanteGR

Dec 14, 2010
Thessaloniki
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 11

OxySlim Update 2
Code:
- Remove OnePlus Telemetry collecting apps
- Clean up residue after these apps
==> See post #62
Update is for both builds.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ETt4ABW8QzZG5md1NqYTdLYnM/view?usp=sharing

Here's what I am looking at next
=> More precise volume control/more steps
=> Viper4Audio
Does this also include Update 1? Or should they be flashed separately (update 1 and then update 2)?
Thanks

Swiftkeyed from my 1+2 A2003

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

jyA09op.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to OxySlim, now with 100% more Euphoria!
    Community ran Telegram group here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Normally you won't take a dark lollipop from a stranger, but this time's fine, I promise.
    For information specific to the current release see post 678.
    The current update is available here. Post 932.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Version Available Here
    Previously known as the Beta version, tested for >2 weeks with no known real issues you're not going to see another version until Marshmallow.
    Post 1: Introduction, Credits & Known Bug Reports
    Post 2: Instructions, Screenshots & Changelog
    Post 3: Downloads, L Conversion Package & Old Downloads
    Post 4: Battery Life, Community Art & Bug Request Info

XDA:DevDB Information
    OxySlim - Optimized Slimsized Stock, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    sewer56lol, Naman Bhalla
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop Firmware/Modem
    Based On: Oxygen OS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2016-02-18

Created 2015-12-24
    Last Updated 2016-03-28
    For me SD has much better battery life. I will wait for update today and try. If battery is not good (in my daily use), i will go back to SD.

Honestly, I've tried both and I can find no difference at all from stock OOS. Not at all. I'm sure more this is just the beginning however. But if you're looking for a drastic change, you might wait.

It is "slimmer" than SD. Stock OOS has data collecting app, which slim doesn't.

It theoretically, will increase battery and performance.

I'm on SD with AK. Now I have 7 h 50 m SOT with moderate use (all stock, only change governor to elementalX).
    This rom is better than SD?
    And how is your SOT?
    (2.2 version).
    Thanks a lot!

Inviato dal mio ONE A2001 utilizzando Tapatalk

A Short, Quickly Written Memento About Battery Life

Yes, my definition of short and quickly is different - feel free to read it, it may help you.

I think that nowadays as things are in the modern world with the way that many apps, tools, ROMs and Kernels use lots of buzzwords such as "Battery|Stable|Optimized", people do come to forget why does our battery deplete to say the least.

In all honesty, from the words of someone (i.e. myself) who builds ROMs, there is not much that the ROM can do to optimize the user's battery life that would bear any significant impact on it - unless you pull off some very drastic methods, such as Doze in Marshmallow, something very complex not to necessarily produce by the minds of many but to create the idea, thinking creative and seeing where it could be saved. Doze is brilliant - force everything to sleep on system level if the phone is not physically moving and with screen off apart from the 'important' applications in a whitelist, it's essentially a huge wakelock block and control when your phone is 'truly idle'.

How greatly your battery is depleted so to speak is dependent on the user much more and how he decides to run what he has rather than the ROM itself.

What I'll give now is not a 100% accurate what 100% really happens account but a representation, a simplified parable of sorts that should help people understand things better

Let's say we have a normal casual user who does not control his wakelocks for instance, does not use doze, run amplify, power nap etc. He is your usual device owner, a family relative you have perhaps. He has his google account registered and his entire GApps synced. He also has Facebook running. He leaves his phone idle with WiFi/3G/LTE on, every 10 minutes (for example) Google Services will sync and Facebook will sync every 5 minutes. When his screen is off his processor will wake up from the extremely efficient deep sleep state to typically the lowest frequency available (depends on governor/load) in order to sync up with the accounts as required and go back to sleep. He's mostly okay, sadly he didn't control the frequency of syncing but his system was not that heavy anyway so the impact was not that large. It's very important to note that for Google Services every item you sync is a wakelock, so sync contacts is one, gmail is another, people details another etc.

Alright, now a simillar scenario - here we have a user loaded with apps however, a bunch of social media synced accounts, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook (I swear the official apps are literally the worst when it comes to wakelocks), syncing at different intervals and multiple Google Accounts syncing with full GApps as well as those 'Casual' games with push notifications etc.. Alright, assume the device starts wakes up on GApps wakelocks first, because of so many accounts the CPU time allocated to syncing up the accounts via Google Services is longer, more out of deep sleep - before you know it Facebook starts to sync on it's own wakelock, then Instagram, your odd apps and the GApps again... So what happens here? The device pretty much never goes to the very efficient deep sleep but is always working, even though it is very lightly, what you get is battery drain during 'idle' moments.

The third scenario is another user has a badly written, rogue app - so the device is idle, the app requests its wakelock and the device is out of sleep, the app completes what it wants to do but because it is badly written it never reports back properly or acknowledges it, the CPU is kept on outside of deep sleep because of this. What happens? Device constantly awake and battery drain.

Now let's take a look at battery usage from another perspective, hotplugging and frequency scaling as well as governors.

Alright, so from another perspective - the way we run our kernels and the way we configure them affects our phones. I'll use two kernels for comparison for instance in their stock-like configurations. Let's say we have for instance Boeffla Kernel and we have Despair/CyanogenMod Kernel as they come 'out of the box'.

First I'll give my own definiton of 'hotplugging'.
    "Hotplugging is the feature to turn unused CPU cores off during periods of low CPU utilization."

So for instance Boeffla kernel is very aggressive on commiting to hotplugging compared to CM/Despair kernel out of the box. And now for example we have a variable constantly switching low to moderate workload. Out of the box, Boeffla will likely switch off the A57 (big) cores when carrying out regular tasks and only switch them on when they are "REALLY" needed, Despair/CM will keep either some of them off or keep them all on on the lowest frequency.

So what are the implications of this? Boeffla will save battery here compared to CM/Despair, but if all of a sudden a larger load comes then Boeffla will have to switch on the cores, leading to a potential microstutter that moment as the 'switch on' is not instant and the load may be too big for the A53 cores. Despair/CM will give a smoother, more responsive experience but less battery, for Boeffla it's the vice versa out of the box with how it handles the loads regarding hotplugging. Well... what do we have here? Compromises that have to be made, with the amount of power multiple kernel devs give and the sheer amount of configurations and tweaks you can make out of a single kernel it's on the user to decide which way they want to tip the scales really.

Now on the other hand we have governors and how you tweak them. For those who don't know a CPU governor in Android controls how the CPU raises and lowers its frequency/Hz in response to the demands the user is placing on their device.

So alright, the user has a few to select from, he can either choose a passive governor or a more active, high scaling governor. Let's say we use the classic 'battery killer' performance governor that locks the CPU at max frequency, and while at it we turn off all thermal limits - then we create the next GTX 480 that kills your battery as fast as can be killed or someone who picks the classic powersave governor which keeps it at the lowest frequency.

Now, we have many and many governors out there, many governors which are tweaks of other governors and... how do we decide how the frequency should be scaled to ensure smoothness at different loads? How do we keep the CPU at the lowest possible frequency that is still sufficient to keep things smooth at a certain load? Certain apps will be smooth at different frequencies even if they endure the same loads - do you see what it comes to being here? The governor choice is also the user's choice primarily unless they choose to run the default governor. How they want the CPU utilized based on loads.

So where does my ROM/the ROM I run fit into this?
    Well, the battery difference a ROM itself would make is there, it is present but it is also equally well negligible compared to what the user can do. For ROMs of closed source firmware we can try to modify them for higher efficiency, but we can't do magic - we can't (properly) rewrite the code. We can preoptimize the already cooked apps e.g. Zipalign and include scripts (such as the script by Slaid480 OxySlim has which zipaligns new non zipaligned apps on boot) and mods which change the default settings the ROM runs on. We can't do much. I repeat. Compared to the user we can't do much. Now for instance I am running TruePNG on all extracted system apps in batch - that will compress them more efficiently (but not more complex) making them faster to load on the device, the difference will be not visible to the user, it will be so low it will be pretty much negligible, a few more MBs free in memory and unnoticeably faster loads. You can also have tweaks like scrolling cache, then comes the tradeoff on whether it's even necessary on the device or whether the memory is not better used for the apps etc.

Alright, now where the ROM sits. For instance I removed the OnePlus Logging services from the ROM to negligibly improve performance and slimsize the ROM, the performance impact of the app as mentioned is negligible and it doesn't impact deep sleep, but say the user uses his phone normally scrolls around etc. and the app is working, if the app is removed then the overall load will be negligibly lower, that may cause the kernel's governor in the very rare occasion to scale just one frequency lower for the time, it is a bettery saving. These occasions will happen very rarely, after all that app was probably 0.05-0.2% of usage in that scenario of just scrolling around in the system. Yes, it does translate into improved battery life, but in a very, very minor fashion - not as the huge far as people take it for.

For over 98% of your battery it's not up to the ROM to decide how fast it depletes but the user, kernel, the apps etc. This is what YOU have control over, not the ROM.

Android ROMs are more like Linux distros, one distro does not make your PC magically faster, it just gives you a different base to run all you want on, from your apps, programs to the way you theme things. It's a shame Android isn't as modular as Unixlike systems, for instance a unified kernel.

OxySlim is like the Openbox window manager compared to LXDE which is a broader desktop environment using this window manager. OxySlim is like trying to strip what makes LXDE, LXDE and make it more like Openbox itself, make OxygenOS more close to barebones AOSP while keeping OxygenOS functionality and implementing nice stuff.

So please... Don't say that X ROM improved my battery performance by 30%, or Y ROM made it deplete by twice as fast. That one ROM is completely terrible on battery and the other isn't.

Of course, if you clean flash and you have a constant wakelock keeping your phone 100% of time awake having not touched the ROM at all and not entering Deep Sleep for instance then go tell the dev something in his ROM is broken, that is pretty rare though.

THIS IS MOST OF WHAT BATTERY LIFE ON ANDROID IS ABOUT,
    A ROM DOESN'T MAGICALLY IMPROVE YOUR BATTERY BY HORDES, UNLESS SOMETHING WAS INITIALLY BROKEN

(like Snapdragon 810 power management *cough*).

I hope this helps.
    - Sewer

Edit
    To sum this up in other words. Battery is all about tradeoffs and compromises, you may choose to run your device very passively and get long battery life or go more aggressive and get really fast, snappy performance.

Currently as I have my device configured I'd get around 6-6.5hrs SOT on (IMO) moderate loads (well except when I go on rounds 120+ on impoppable) over 2 days such as playing BTD5 on my phones. I keep my sync wakelocks delayed to run every hour 20 mins.

What I run on my phone is the sweet spot on apparent performance (snappyness and responsiveness) for myself and my preferences however for you it may be different.

I can go more lenient and I have before, I have on different settings hit over 7.5h SOT on browsing the web, Reddit, Tapatalk and some moderate gaming with highly delayed wakelocks (I kept my sync operations delayed via Amplify to sync every 2 hours) and a stuttery-ish system (doesn't stutter but not perfectly smooth).

If I were to go nuts and try to absolutely max out battery with a micro-stuttery system, a very passive governor and hugely, in hours delayed all wakeloks I could probably get just over 9h on light-moderate loads.
    OxySlim Shining Quartzal & Shining Quartzal L
    What you've been waiting for

So the time has finally came at last, the build that I can finally be completely happy with. The build that generated some actual hype and some people eagerly waiting for, well it is finally done, everything is included and detailed below. This post expanded is quite long but it should be enough to justify your wait, and as I'll have to add to OP anyway.

Changelog
    Note: The ROM has been rebuilt entirely from stock for this release, the changelog compares the ROM to stock ROM. Think of this more as a featurelist. No additional details will be given on things that were originally in previous builds.
    Code:
    => SuperSU preinstalled.
    => Tweaked build.prop.
    ====> New additions (compared to previous version).
    ====> Allow the purging of System assets to gain RAM.
    ====> Add scrolling cache.
    ====> Change LCD Density to its natural 401 value for this screen size & resolution.
    ====> Some tweaks which I don't know if they even do anything since Lollipop uses ART instead of Dalvik (doesn't hurt adding them though).
    => Reinsert init.d and su.d tweaks from Build 212 that were missing in 220.
    ====> New tweak: Changes swappiness value & Android LMK values and ADJ values.
    => Image resources (PNG/JPG) optimized in apps via TruePNG for reduced file size and faster loading of resources.
    => New BootAnimation based on banner from Jeisblack.
    => Modded Settings app with SuperSU shortcut above 'About Phone' and RRO/Layers Manager shortcut.
    => OpenCamera removed and replaced with more popular stock OnePlus Camera.
    => Include CyanogenMod 'Eleven' music player.
    => ZIP will now wipe /cache and dalvik for you.
    => Include OxySlim Palette.
    => Busybox included.
    => System apps pre-zipaligned.
    => Include Layers Manager.
    => Power Tweaks V2 (Credit to Naman Bhalla)
    => Remove FidoCryptoService (Logging)
    => Remove OnePlusOta (Unless you do want to get official OTAs that won't flash over the ROM.
    => Remove org.codeaurora.ims (Useless bloatware)
    => Remove OEMTelephonyService (Oneplus Logging)
    => Remove Swiftkey, Swiftkey Factory Settings & Swiftkey Language FIles
    => Remove wifirftest (WLAN testing utility)
    => Remove BTtestmode (You can guess what this is)
    => Remove calculator from /system, add to /data.
    => Remove EngineeringMode (self explanatory)
    => Remove EngSpecialTest (Engineering Mode 'Special Test')
    => Remove HoloSpiralWallpaper (Not many use it, easy to download from elsewhere)
    => Remove LogKitSdService (Oneplus logging)
    => Remove OemAutoTestServer (Self explanatory)
    => Remove OEMLogKit (Oneplus logging)
    Downloads

Checksums

Code:
    File: OxySlimSQStableRepack.zip
    Size: 480MiB

CRC-32: cd8dffa4
    MD4: eaa5b57a60296760ed37d212edc80a65
    MD5: fbcb59ebc19743962ac10500a584173f
    SHA-1: 12912d56d29c923e08cf670e19ed924c68e11660

Code:
    File: ShiningQuartzalLConversionPackage.zip
    Size: Less than 1MB

CRC-32: 515fbca2
    MD4: c316470f62b263fd694216d658f656d9
    MD5: 9bc45505168e3b742090442d0e9e849c
    SHA-1: 34a2baf1ecdfde997ec7373880c21180ba10c64d

Code:
    :File: ShiningQuartzalLRestorePackage.zip

CRC-32: 4b2b72bc
    MD4: de7bd3e177a150a2080f603eea5ba2a8
    MD5: 471afc18a13e9abb23fb7e89e79cf47d
    SHA-1: 1bd404ad8aa3b11e0bacad2eefef651fc7c33ef8
    What is Shining Quartzal L?
    Shining Quartzal L is an addon package which kills some rarely used present functionality present in the Stock ROM from Shining Quartzal in order to reduce background load/usage and improve battery life. Of course the difference is not major, in fact it's near negligible but if you can slimsize further, then why not? I am making this optional well... because it kills functionality. I personally run this.

It's a normal flashable zip, just flash it over your ROM, if before or after boot it does not matter. The other zip available reverses the changes so you could convert back.

Changelog
    Code:
    Remove ANT HAL Service
    Remove Qualcomm Content Adaptive Backlighting (CABL)
    Remove Qualcomm Color Service
    Remove Qualcomm Backup Agent
    Remove Qualcomm System Agent
    Remove Qualcomm lZat HW Accelerated Location

-Here's the apps/modules explained below-

Remove ANT HAL Service
    Removes the service/module which allows the device to use the ANT protocol when using Bluetooth. In the modern worlds while ANT is implemented in a multitude of things, it is very, very rarely by usual people. If you are unable to perform something you otherwise would via bluetooth you can reinstall this.

Remove Qualcomm Content Adaptive Backlighting (CABL)
    OnePlus added this in the 2.2 update yet didn't add an icon for it in settings, it does have a user launchable activity. Basically this is a service which (is disabled by default but still consumes resources) adjusts the level of backlight on your phone depending on the content that you're viewing as an extension of optimize brightness of available light. Say you watch a movie, the app will make your backlight brighter. Basically a non user customizable smart backlight control.

Remove Qualcomm Color Service
    This app is responsible for the color warmness slider, if you want warmness control please reinstall this app again.

Remove Qualcomm Backup Agent
    Some utility for backing up SMS & MMS automatically which the user for some reason never gets to launch unless through a shortcut leading to its activity.

Remove Qualcomm System Agent
    I really forgot about this one. It has no use to you so just chug along.

Remove Qualcomm lZat HW Accelerated Location
    It's that app behind the additional button you see when selecting location accuracy setting.
    Seriously, why would you need that? Don't worry, the button in Settings is also removed.

Witness the wrath of Euphoria!
    Now erupting with the Euphoria Dark theme over OxygenOS
    I should seriously give this theme a name.

Changelog
    Code:
    => 1. Integrate Boeffla 1.1test2.
    => 2. Remove unused obsolete binaries:
    ===> oemlogkit //Self explanatory.
    ===> fmfactorytest //Utility used for testing Radio FM.
    ===> fmfactorytestserver //Utility which hosts server to test.
    ===> WiFiLogger_app //Self explanatory.
    ===> OEMWVTest //Used for testing Widevine, useless for end users
    => 3. Changes in build.prop
    [code]
    Bundled GPU Related tweaks ##For those experiencing issues running X/Y app
    persist.debug.sf.statistics = 0 ##Remove rendering statistics.
    fix 'persist.sys.ui.hw= true' ##(it's a boolean and no longer 0/1)
    set 'ro.config.zram = 0' false ##(Force no swap)
    set 'vidc.debug.level = 0' // log level ( 1 PRIO_ERROR, 1 PRIO_INFO, 2 PRIO_HIGH, 4 PRIO_LOW , 0 DISABLED)
    ro.sys.fw.dex2oat_thread_count=4 //Additional thread for dex2oat conversion. Should technically speed up 'optimising apps' on boot, though I saw no visble difference.
    debug.mdpcomp.logs=0 //Too tired to recall
    increased audio.offload.buffer.size.kb to 128. //Higher buffer size for audio
    ro.setupwizard.network_required=false //Doesn't function but added just in case for the future
    => 4. Remove useless binaries from /system/vendor/bin/
    ===> fidodaemon
    ===> qti
    ===> sampleauthdaemon
    ===> RIDLClient
    => 5. Remove unused/no longer necessary libraries
    ===> libFidoCryptoJNI.so
    ===> libFidoCrypto.so
    ===> FidoKeyProvisioning.so
    => 6. Remove /system/vendor/etc/RIDL obsolescence.
    => 7. Use boeffla thermal gaming profile by default
    => 8. Edit init.qcom.post_boot.sh
    ===> In an attempt to ensure RIDL never tries to start
    => 9. Fix memorytweaks.sh
    ===> I feel really embarassed about this one...
    ===> Forgot #!/system/bin/sh
    => 10. Add OxyStopServices.sh
    Code:
    ##Kill RIDL, never run it again. It's no use...
    setprop ctl.stop RIDL
    ##No uploading my friend, not like I've let you have anything to upload to begin with first.
    setprop ctl.stop dropbox
    ##Now I got this one from the source, kind of - I disabled him because killing him 100% from complete existence would need changes outside /system/ and people won't flash a restore zip if they were to flash another ROM since they don't read as we already know.
    setprop ctl.stop oemlogkit
    ##This one is well... Familliar... Hmm could be used in a removed app. Totally!
    setprop ctl.stop engineermode-sh
    ##Never flash bundled (normally stock) recovery. Never. (Not like the ROM has the file for the recovery or would try to do that anyway.
    setprop ctl.stop flash_recovery
    => 11. Implemented CyanogenMod Adreno driver.
    ===> More of an experiment, it may be faster or it may be slower, I do not know really. Feel free to benchmark away.
    => 12. Added Anton111111's CM Dialer & Contacts apps (because I'm too lazy to compile my own lol)
    => 13. Fix optimising app 1/1 on every boot
    ===> There was a leftover odex file for a deodexed app
    => 14. Add @ANDR01D 's alternative boot animation to addons.
    (Sorry for keeping you waiting buddy :^))
    => 15. Add CyanogenMod AudioFX as an alternative audio addon for OxygenOS. (Does not remove the volume toggle button in ROM).
    => 15. Something you'll notice within the first 10 seconds of booting the ROM.
    => 16. And a new theme.
    [/code]

Screenshots
    Just don't break yourself by the unparalleled beauty before actually trying it.

Downloads

Checksums

Code:
    File: OxySlimEP.zip
    Size: 426.4MB
    MD5: 26e42321dee0a26f1524e1c8993edac5

Code:
    File: LConversionPackageforSQandEP.zip
    MD5: 9bc45505168e3b742090442d0e9e849c

Code:
    :File: LRestorePackage.zip
    MD5: 471afc18a13e9abb23fb7e89e79cf47d
    About Euphoria Dark Recreation
    This package currently distributed does and will not contain any of the original overlay apps created by the original author of Euphoria Dark, that is @blazze11 until I would get permission to redistribute his work in the form of RRO/Layers. All of the assets (only exclusive of me bundling the original wallpapers in framework), themes over OOS and apps included have been recreated by myself based on screenshots and the colour palette of Euphoria (it would also help improve the current theme since I could e.g. use his toggle buttons etc.), some of the apps include are also apps previously unthemed in the original Euphoria that I also have made such as Tapatalk, Google Messenger/Bugle and Audio Tuner apps, therefore for those who seek the original experience then this will not be perfect, but it will be close. If you like the theme I suggest giving some praise to the original developer, whether it'd be in a good Play Store rating/review or a donation or a simple word of appraisal.

As usual I do not take any profits from my work on XDA at all (that is apart from a happy user base), I do not even accept donations, my work is made and released from nothing but goodwill.
    (I'm not even old enough for PayPal to accept my debit card if I made an account.)

Where's the dark theme?
    The Oxyslim E theme has been designed in such a fashion that it 'hijacks' as I'd say it the existing OxygenOS dark theme toggle.
    Therefore what you will have by default is the light version of the theme.

-For dark theme-
    Settings > Customization > Dark Mode
    Set the accent colour to gray if it is not already gray.
    (The default accent is also the same as 'gray' just in case, so the theme is also applied with that option, only (intended) difference is some nice green labels in Settings app)

With the Google Keyboard app I have done the same, if you want dark theme go select Material Dark inside the app.

Issues with the theme? Please do NOT report.
    Code:
    1. Highlight colour not being to theme. (If anyone would try to do that).
    => It actually is to theme, but in most cases the app you're using overrides the colour for it as it wishes, which is a good thing usually, and I do not wish to try and destroy that, it can break stuff tremendously.

2. Text colour in rarely used menus in Dialer, Contacts.
    => There's pretty much nothing I could do about that - unless that is I've not looked hard enough, feel free to check how frustrating these were by skipping back the last few pages. (Oh and BTW the contacts layer is meant to be for CM version of the app (it's included in next ROM version), Dialer one use for either). (The difference is that on the CM version the main page actually uses white instead of black...  I might look onto it in the future again but no other dark theme known to me gets the colours right either so I won't even have a reference or anything).

3. Text colour in statusbar for X/Y app.
    => There is 100% absolutely no problem with the statusbar colours AFAIK, I tested extensively, some apps do decide occasionally to define their own colour for statusbar content, typically when it comes to small text beside buttons such as Google Clock. That colour is set within the app and has nothing to do with the rest of the theme, for popular apps like Clock there will be layers that will patch the funcationality to make it the proper colour, but this 'issue' (not a real issue but more of an annoyance that app devs don't use standard colours) occurs in ALL dark themes without exception.

4. Anything to do with the YouTube Dark App. 
    => That app is abandoned (and needs theme ready gapps - google it).
    Additional Notes
    Make sure to uninstall the previous layer for SystemUI transparency if you want to install a new one, they have the same package names and cannot coexist.
    Oh and I'm tired of losing my sleep over working on the theme, don't expect me to touch it at least for a week, even though minor issues may be available, layers plugin is still technically WIP.

Changelog

Code:
    => Settings now display OxySlim Version in 'About Phone'.
    => New default wallpaper.
    ==> From this collection: https://plus.google.com/+BrianParkerson/posts/QGcBs3E9D4B
    => Optimize charging images when not booted with TruePNG + FastIO. (Space savings).
    => Optimized boot animation size/images.
    => Remove all but default alarms and notification sounds.
    => Reoptimized all images in system apps with updated TruePNG + FastIO. 
    => Recompressed Resources (Resources.rsrc) for System apps.
    => Remove stock recovery binary/leftover. (Original old Build220 had these removed but this build didn't :eek:)
    ----------
    => Add Boeffla Kernel libs (thanks to @Yash98 for pointing out these were missing).
    ==> Should fix minor rare issues that were reported in last few pages.
    => Remove USB Drivers (suggestion by @Yash98).
    ==> Replaced with dummy file.
    Please note that this is a 'TEST' release. It should be 100% stable BUT with compression of some .9 patch files some odd errors may occur in system apps (though very, very unlikely). This release was not extensively/for a long period tested before publishing, it was just literally built by me and tested to with all basic functionality including GApps for the last 45 minutes. I'm 99% certain this IS STABLE, but I did not test it properly.

But I'm pretty much sure this build is stable enough to put it into OP as main build

a.k.a. I swear every build just gets smaller...

(424MB)
    Code:
      File: OxySlimSQStableRepackUpdate1.zip
    CRC-32: c4893d80
       MD4: 4e79513554a310d4f4b34b9ae1ce22cb
       MD5: b48707e1fe7ffe16e70517a8dcaffbc7
     SHA-1: 874ee9c187275c2ca5265d49bac6fe42f60f3dba
    Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023705850
    Mirror: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ETt4ABW8QzRk9ITlVLclBla1k/view?usp=sharing
    Mirror 2: https://mega.nz/#!OlpiRAyY!xZpMoG0O18DaN4vV--iGY3qBmXXE-_de4vSV--UU7N4