Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
And which bugs are you talking about???

From the guys who got the OTA update..........or the ones who changed CID,MID, and updated, we get only words of praise about MM, so i ask you again.....what bugs??

HTC made a promise and didn't deliver.....simple as that!

On my side (Dev Edition) some (not all!) Whatsapp messages are popping up later then they are sent. About 10 - 30 minutes later, which is not nice and a bug in my eyes!

jshamlet

Aug 25, 2014
I've run into a few issues with the Developer Edition MM ROM as well. When my phone is attached to a PC, it seems to restart the connection a lot. It makes tethering tenuous, and even copying large files in MTP mode is iffy. I'm hoping that whatever bug fixes are coming to the WWE edition get backported to the Dev edition soon.

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T
Which is the difference between firmware Developer (*.**.1540.*) and (*.**.401.*)?

The x.xx.1540.x is for Unlocked / Developer Edition with CID BS_US001 / BS_US002 - America.
The x.xx.401.x is for Unlocked WWE ( World Wide English ) CID HTC__032 or HTC__001 , etc. - Europe.

It seams that the updates will be released for DevEd first , after that the rest of the world.

Sorry to take this thread slightly off-topic, but I just do't get when/where this misconception started. WWE is not some hardware flag, there is no WWE variant of the M8. WWE is a (overused in my opinion) software flag. A large amount of HTC devices, including region and carrier specific, have this flag. HTC Asia ROMs have WWE, carrier branded have WWE, US Unlocked and Developer Editions are WWE, and also European Unlocked are WWE. As I said, it's just an overused software flag.

The difference between 1540 and 401 firmwares are that 1540 is US Unlocked / Developer Editions and 401 is European Unlocked Edition. For a specific phone to be a WWE as you call it, it would actually have to be available world-wide and not one specific region.

I've had my phone since near the initial release, and HTC seems to alternate between who gets updates first - 401 and 1540. Either way, these two get updates WAY faster than any other variant.

As for the other poster, there really isn't much difference between the two. The Developer Edition has some scary text in it about how your device still belongs to HTC, but it is functionally identical to US unlocked and WWE.
The text you refer to is when you S-OFF. Any device with S-OFF wil. have that text. The difference with Developer Edition and US Unlocked and other unlocked is that it ships with the bootloader unlocked. Which means no going to HTC no having your data wiped and no worrying about relocking the bootloader for OTAs if you stay S-ON.

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T
Nope. I have no red text on my WWE even though it's been s-offed for almost a year (on boot). On the other hand the red text during installation starting with "Nothwithstanding..." is of course there.
The text on boot is different. It's that notwithstanding message that you get for being S-OFF.

The text on boot generally pops up when you modify something. Such as flash TWRP or a custom kernel. It's also easy to remove as there's a whole thread dedicated to no red-text hboots.

I can understand your confusion though since you're calling your device WWE. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: forever_lol

forever_lol

Mar 18, 2013
The text on boot is different. It's that notwithstanding message that you get for being S-OFF.

The text on boot generally pops up when you modify something. Such as flash TWRP or a custom kernel. It's also easy to remove as there's a whole thread dedicated to no red-text hboots.

You're right. I thought you were referring to redtext on boot. It doesn't really bother me, to be honest ;)

Not device my friend, only firmware version ;) i know the difference :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OTA ZIP COLLECTION

HAS MOVED HERE
    Ota is in sdcard/Download. Can share right on the cloud from phone so devs can cook in a few hrs [emoji12]

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

No, OTA in /cache/update.zip
    Here uploaded to androidfilehost.com
    HTC_ONE_M8_GPE_5_07_1700_6_MRA85K_H6.zip
    Good luck!
    I totally fail to understand why people think they can tell other people to get a life instead of waiting for the MM update.

We are all here on XDA because we are interested in mobile phones, interested highly above average. We like what they can do and how they look. Getting a major OS update makes the phone feel like almost a new device. I for one look forward to what MM brings, like Android pay, better app permissions control en hopefully better battery life. I like updates to my device that make it better. Of course I want that as soon as possible, of course I'm eager and very curious. If you couldn't care less about that, what are you doing in this thread and on XDA anyway?

And stop saying we shouldn't expect anything from HTC or be happy with whatever they do. They sell us expensive phones they will support for two years. MM has come out so it's completely logical they bring it to the 2014 HTC One M8. That's not charity from their part, that's their obligation. If you ask me, all brands' support for their products is very poor anyway. Millions of people are walking around with unpatched devices vulnerable to many attacks, that you really can't call old.

Having said all that, that doesn't mean we should all complain or whine about it. But please understand that people's enthousiasm about the coming update leads to disappointment when they don't even make it in the announced 2 weeks since the dec 3rd announcement for North America. Is there any logical reason why there should be any difference in launch dates between parts of the world? This shouldn't be about bugs begin squashed, you don't use one continent as beta testers for the other continent. You should have a beta test group for that.
    I personally still don't have a clue why many people in general are so hyped up and even bashing HTC about the updates and why it's not released for all regions at once. we get the update that's fair enough.

HTC should be wise and don't say a single word about updates and an eta. It would be the best for many users. And it would be better for the xda servers because it would contain less spam !

lol

:)
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Lol got your attention?:D:D:D

Shortly I will be taking over the Collection of stock backups thread and the awesome work that the good @Mr Hofs has done to date. I plan to move the OTA collection into there so Nand backups and OTA files are in once place

This means that if you need to restore and update on stock and have any issues getting OTA files over the air. everything that you need will be in one place.

WHAT DO WE RECKON PEEPS???

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

HTC_621
    OTA_M8_UL_K444_SENSE60_MR_hTC_Asia_TW_3.28.709.6-3.28.709.5_release_400843m59k8z7s9vk0sv1g

Here you go m8: http://d-h.st/iGNq

Updated, cheers dude :)