[ROM][5.0.2][D802] Google Edition 1.5

Search This thread

lollipo

Jul 18, 2015
Rom is grear except for one issue that I also had on cloudy. My mobile network is worse. It displays 2G where 3G should be available. After some time it finds 3G connection but not always. Could the baseband be a Problem? I never had this on stock Rom. I live in Germany. Thanks in advance

Mako0

Jun 28, 2013
Cosenza
Can we choose what status bar icons to have throw Aroma maybe :confused: , I think some of us like the stock one's more :fingers-crossed:

I like more stock LG ones because signal and WiFi status are more distinguishable then AOSP icons..
Probably I will reduce the size without change them..
For now no Aroma choice.. I have to live life :)

Thank you my friend! :good:

One more question, how do I use long press the back button to kill app.

I dont think that back to kill can be usefull.. Other than that, I dont know how to do it..
(I remember that is an AOSP feature, or not?)

thanks a bunch for the quick update but now i have one more issue :p now i got 4 shortcuts in nav bar and to put menu in central it must be a odd number ie 5 :rolleyes: so please can you provide a zip of miniview/splitview too :cowboy: i know i am asking too much every time .sorry for that :D
Where is my answer bud ?:p

Miniview is not in my mind.. Dual windows is work in progress.. I need to learn how to make it work on stock ROM..
I can add only notification down/up arrow for now... is a PNG I've deleted in LGSettings/res/drawables-xxhdpi/
Or wait for next release..

Can you add Toggle network ? if yes.. it will be the best ROM :D:D:D

In future.. Is harder than torch toggle..

Rom is grear except for one issue that I also had on cloudy. My mobile network is worse. It displays 2G where 3G should be available. After some time it finds 3G connection but not always. Could the baseband be a Problem? I never had this on stock Rom. I live in Germany. Thanks in advance

I didnt notice any difference in network quality.. Try a different baseband.. try to find the same used in your contry ROM..

Ci@cKi

Jul 30, 2011
Magenta
Wooow, amazing job!
I think that this is the perfect rom for me, it has everything i need and remove all the bloatware that i would get rid. And it's ultra smooth with a very good battery life on stock kernel (i'm resetting everything after full wipe and i'm at 45% with 2h 29 min SOT, so it could be even better after it will settle).
But there's a small issue, that i think is a consequence of the removal of the LG gallery , and it's related to the lockscreen background. I can't choose anything else but the default picture and there's no choice for picking a picture from gallery.
However thank you very much for sharing, if you can fix the problem it will be perfect!

Mako0

Jun 28, 2013
Cosenza
But there's a small issue, that i think is a consequence of the removal of the LG gallery , and it's related to the lockscreen background. I can't choose anything else but the default picture and there's no choice for picking a picture from gallery.
However thank you very much for sharing, if you can fix the problem it will be perfect!

You dont have to change Lockscreen wallpaper from Settings menù.. Open Google Photos (or any gallery or file manager), select your image and press "Set as -> Lockscreen wallpaper"...

Ci@cKi

Jul 30, 2011
Magenta
You dont have to change Lockscreen wallpaper from Settings menù.. Open Google Photos (or any gallery or file manager), select your image and press "Set as -> Lockscreen wallpaper"...
I can't believe it, i've tried from the es explorer's image viewer but not from google photos! Totally dumb...
Sorry for the waste of time and really thank you, perfect rom!

Moribus

Apr 19, 2011
Best rom i used in the loooong time. Great battery life, responsive, quick flashlight added in the quick bar. But i really lack one thing now: auto-closing task manager after you clear all apps. You allways have to close it manualy after clearing recent apps, its really frustrating. At most aosp roms tried, it closes automaticaly, damm i loved that feature. I really hope to see it implemented in future releases.
As for dual window or mini windowd, its useless features for me, its even better, when they are gone. Oh, and making google aps (gmail, chrome, etc.) as user apps would be great, because we need to use root removal tools, ge get rid of them.
Thqnk you for this rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features
    • Based on stock 30d 5.0.2
    • Material themed UX 4.0
    • Stock Google apps
    • Basic LG apps and features
    • Dual window
    • One tap notification on lockscreen
    • Long press Power off to reboot in recovery
    • Advanced camera driver
    • Privacy guard
    • Equalizer
    • Screencast
    Download
    • Only for D802
    • TWRP and full-wipe recommended
    MD5: 15beb46b3f835a8c4fe7f42df452e5eb

Changelog

• Added Dual Window
    • Added Quick Cover support (clock only)
    • Re-added Smart screen
    • Updated volume mod
    • Updated Google apps
    • Themed UI v2
    • Added Screencast
    • Added Privacy guard
    • Re-added QuickMemo+
    • Added long press Shutdown button to reboot in recovery
    • Added Google Search app to gain full support for voice recognition
    • Re-added notification up/down navigation bar button
    • Updated Google apps
    • Added Equalizer
    • Added Exchange account support for Gmail
    • Updated Google apps
    • Rebuild from latest 30d international ROM
    • Updated TWRP 2.8.7.3
    • Added Flashlight and 2g/3g/4g toggles
    • Added Google Dialer and Contacts
    • Added Google Calculator
    • Updated Google apps
    • Added advanced camera driver
    • Stagefright bug patched
    • Addedd Google Play Music
    • Added LG File Manager
    • Updated Google apps and SuperSU
    • Initial release based on No Name 420dpi
    • Hard debloated
    • Themed UI
    • Added Google apps

Team member

Credits
    Q&A thread
    Google Edition 1.5 released

Google Edition 1.5

Changelog
    • Added Dual Window
    • Added Quick Cover support (clock only)
    • Updated volume mod
    • Updated Google apps

Edit: Re-added Smart screen​
    No holidays this year, but I'm trying to find some times to spend on it..
    If I can't do that, I will write "discontinued" in OP..

Thanks for support guys..
    Let me know if i can help you with rebuild.
    If you can post the source of changes in github, i can rebuild all as is now, just with 30f clean source.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Google Edition 1.4 released

Google Edition 1.4

Changelog
    • Themed UI v2
    • Added Screencast
    • Added Permission Manager
    • Re-added QuickMemo+
    • Added long press Shutdown button to reboot in recovery
    • Added Google Search app to gain full support for voice recognition
    • Re-added notification up/down navigation bar button
    • Removed Camera automatic HDR
    • Updated volume gain mod
    • Updated Google apps
    Google Edition 1.3 released

Google Edition 1.3
    MD5: 910df2914258c4f9df5f7cee802400e6

Changelog
    • Added Equalizer
    • Updated Google apps
    • Small graphics improvements
    • Bug fixes

I've promised to theme the statusbar but I did not because I've lost some work due to an incorrect wipe system I've done yesterday.. I'm working on it..