[ROM][lux] CyanogenMod 12.1 for Moto X Play

Search This thread

santmau

Jun 13, 2015
Thank you very much for:
- Added support for retail Mexico variant
Could you please, incorporate the SHA-1 or MD5 the Release. Thanks, and happy new year.

Reactions: b00tbu9

anks095

Dec 12, 2015
Kolkata
Hi Squid2,
I just flashed January 1st build, didn't flash any kernel as you recommended. Now I see strange behaviour of the CPU, please see the screenshot.
I did dirty flash with wiping dalvik and cache, I also did another dalvik and cache wipe after I noticed this behaviour. I am using kernel auditor to apply the lionfish governor.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: after posting this I checked again and now it looks normal again so big online and little offline. It seems it needs some minutes after booting to settle down.
What does this lionfish governor do?

Last edited:

rbaker91

Aug 4, 2012
Santarém
On the latest build on a dual sim device... It seems that no matter where I put the preferred calling sim, it always resets to sim 1 after a reboot.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Reactions: manan001

route9

Oct 5, 2014
Carnuntum
On the latest build on a dual sim device... It seems that no matter where I put the preferred calling sim, it always resets to sim 1 after a reboot.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Not here. I always use SIM 2 for callings. I never had this issue. Nothing changes after reboot.
- Model XT 1562-DS.France

filipecoimbra222

Apr 18, 2015
I noticed two things in this rom: Everytime i check my cpu cores, only the first 4 are working. The last 4 always stay offline.
I also felt that the phone is heating anormaly, not much, but it is heating.
Are these normal and intended or i have issues with my phone/rom? :confused:

droider007

Mar 26, 2012
kurukshetra
I noticed two things in this rom: Everytime i check my cpu cores, only the first 4 are working. The last 4 always stay offline.
I also felt that the phone is heating anormaly, not much, but it is heating.
Are these normal and intended or i have issues with my phone/rom? :confused:

These are intended.....LITTLE cores become online when there is heavy task/load......i dont feel heating issue

filipecoimbra222

Apr 18, 2015
Everytime i put the charger on, i receive the "google play services stopped" message. I'm pretty sure its gapps related problem. Can anyone confirm? (I'm using open gapps, stock package.)
@edit: I found the source of the problem. It looks like the location services cause the problem. That's kinda annoying, because i use gps a lot...
@edit2: It seems the problem happens when i deny wake up and keep awake on play services. Turned both on and no errors again. :)

Last edited:

VollNoob

Jan 11, 2013
Berlin
Hi everyone, I do not own a Moto X Play, but I wanted to ask how you implemented the dual-sim function for CyanogenMod? I'm asking because there is an unofficial cm12.1 for the Alcatel Idol 3, but the rom currently does not support dual sim. I'm trying to gather some knowledge in order to help our dev.
Many thanks in advance and keep up the great work :)

cainacg

Dec 31, 2014
Flashed the ROM yesterday, everything is working fine here. Keep the good work, it's a "must try" ROM for the community.

Many thanks. :)

P.s: Brazilian XT1563 here.

Reactions: Gopinath15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1oXkC6z.png

We are pleased to share with you our port of CyanogenMod to the Moto X Play. It's fairly stable now, most things are working. If you encounter a new issue that hasn't already been mentioned here, please make a post describing it and I'll try to attend to it when I can. If the RIL doesn't work properly on your model, please PM me the output of 'getprop' on the stock ROM, along with information about your region and carrier. Be aware that this ROM expects you to be running the correct modem for your region. If you are running Asia firmware on a Europe device, or Brazil firmware on a Canadian device, or any other such mix, you will need to go back to your region's correct modem.

If you encounter issues and have constructive feedback, please share. If you encounter a performance issue and have properly profiled it or identified a root cause, please share. Also, after doing a clean install or upgrade or even a reboot, give the phone a minute to sort itself out after you first log in before you start paying attention to performance. Android carries out a bunch of background tasks initially after bootup. The ROM runs smoothly on my device, and I'm using it as a daily driver now.

If anyone wants to help us out with development, contributions are welcome.

Downloads:
    January 25 Release
    January 17 Release
    January 1 Release
    December 1 Release
    November 15 Release
    November 11 Release
    November 9 Release
    November 7 Release
    November 1 Release
    October 29 Release
    October 24 Release
    October 21 Release
    October 18 Release
    October 17 Release
    October 12 Release
    October 11 Release
    October 1 Release
    September 27 Release
    September 21 Release
    September 20 Release
    September 19 Release
    Other development/test builds

Installation:
    Flash it with TWRP. I recommend the newest TWRP build I posted on vache's TWRP thread. For gapps, I have been using OpenGApps.

Release History:
    Code:
    January 25, 2016:
    - Updated kernel (adapted Squid Kernel r14b)
    - Fixed all the regressions in the last build

January 17, 2016:
    - Updated kernel (adapted Squid Kernel r14)
    - Noticeably smoother UI (due to kernel update)
    - Security fixes for ROM and kernel

January 1, 2016:
    - Vendor blobs cleanup
    - Source built NFC HAL
    - Added support for retail Mexico variant
    - Comes with a variant of my Squid Kernel r12
    - CM updates and security fixes

December 1, 2015:
    - Changed stock WiFi driver behaviour
    - CM updates

November 15, 2015:
    - Integrated ClusterPlug hotplug
    - New custom PowerHAL
    - New thoughtfully tuned performance profiles
    - Support for Motorola Camera and Slo-Mo video
    - Overlay corrections

November 11, 2015:
    - Switched to older Motorola stock f2fs
    - Patched Pronto WLAN security vulnerability

November 9, 2015:
    - New CM stock kernel based off Moto Maxx 2 source
    - Should be more stable

November 7, 2015:
    - Newer Adreno drivers taken from Yu Yureka
    - Slightly smoother UI overall
    - CM updates

November 1, 2015:
    - Audio config changes
    - Cleanup
    - CM updates

October 29, 2015:
    - Speakerphone echo fix
    - German "retde" variant support
    - Removed nonexistent buttons from Settings
    - CM updates

October 24, 2015:
    - RIL configuration updates
    - Speakerphone mic config updates

October 21, 2015:
    - Refixed speakerphone
    - Fixed encryption
    - Reverted commit causing WiFi keep awake

October 18, 2015:
    - Fixed high impedance audio line out

October 17, 2015:
    - Added support for Australian "vfaus" variant
    - CM updates

October 12, 2015:
    - Switched to stock-ish kernel planned for official support
    - Switched back to source built HALs with h2o64 fixes
    - Added support for Brazilian "tefbr" variant

October 11, 2015:
    - Fixed call audio issues (speakerphone mic etc.)
    - Fixed GPS reboot issue
    - Kernel fixes and updates
    - CM updates

October 1, 2015:
    - Kernel updated with proper Motorola changes
    - Other kernel updates
    - CM updates

September 27, 2015:
    - Enabled multistream zRAM compression
    - Updated kernel to Linux 3.10.89
    - CM updates

September 21, 2015:
    - Dual SIM Brazilian XT1563 support
    - Vendor blob cleanup 

September 20, 2015:
    - Single SIM XT1562 support
    - Miscellaneous smaller fixes

September 19, 2015:
    - Initial release for general public consumption

Known Issues:
    • Some users have reported echo when using the speakerphone. While it seems to work fine for me now, your results may vary.

Sources:
    Device: https://github.com/boulzordev/android_device_motorola_lux/tree/cm-12.1
    Vendor: https://github.com/boulzordev/android_vendor_motorola_lux/tree/cm-12.1
    Kernel: https://github.com/sultanqasim/android_kernel_motorola_msm8916/tree/lux

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for Moto X Play, ROM for the Moto X Play

Contributors
    squid2, vache, Shreps, scritch007, Alberto97
    Source Code: https://github.com/boulzordev

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-01-25

Created 2015-09-19
    Last Updated 2016-01-25
    Work in Progress

T2Tzu26.png
    December 1st Build

I've posted a minor maintenance release. It includes the past two weeks of bug fixes in CyanogenMod, and I changed the stock WiFi driver's behaviour to make it more like the one in my "Squid Kernel". If you recall, there's an issue affecting all Motorola MSM8916 family devices on custom ROMs where the stock Motorola WiFi drivers will fail to connect to certain networks, and modified drivers will connect to all networks but prevent the device from sleeping when connected to certain other networks. It comes down to some changes that Motorola must have made in the WiFi HAL that are not in CyanogenMod. Anyway, I've heard more people complain about the unable to connect issue than the failing to sleep enough on certain networks issue, and I suppose being unable to connect is a more annoying problem, so I reverted Motorola's change that broke connecting to certain networks on custom ROMs withtout Motorola's proprietary WiFi HAL. You should now be able to connect to any WiFi network out of the box without having to flash my "Squid Kernel".

With regards to CM13 for lux, I apologize for the slow progress. It's a bit of a mess right now, as I had been focusing on getting otus ready for CM13 nightlies and have been busy with other parts of life. Now that CM13 for otus is ready and moving on to official nightlies, I will shift my attention back to lux. I'll be working on it over the course of the week and will post a better build when it's ready.
    Hey, @squid2 is there a possibility that we will get official cm support for our device any time soon ? Because I have seen that when you worked on osprey that almost immediately got the official support , please give us some info

I plan to go for official support with CM13. I've been in discussions with various people about commonising the Motorola MSM8916 devices to simplify maintenance and bringup. This CM12.1 port is stable but will probably remain unofficial, as the plan is to go for a common device tree.
    Clean Flashed 15Nov and r11d kernel. Build is so smooth. No issues so far. Better than all the previous ones.

Sent from my Moto X Play using TapaTalk

Yeah, I'm very happy with the smoother performance of the last build.

Just wait for CM13, I'm almost ready to release a preview build. ;) All the animations will be even smoother, with zero microstutters, just like my victara.