The One still a GREAT phone almost two years later

Search This thread

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
The One still a GREAT phone almost two years later; ( my opinion )

I'll make this short, I got the OPO back in late Summer 2014, after replacing my damaged HTC One M8 ( which I LOVED, and converted to GPE ) The Kit Kat ROM's were awesome on the OPO, giving me like crazy 7h Screen On time, I liked the shape and design of the phone, it sort of seemed like a Nexus 5-1/2, the Nexus phone Google would have made after the Nexus 5, if they didn't go Motorola. The OPO has a sort of Galaxy Nexus + Nexus 5 combo design going on, in a good way.

Yeah I hate OPO's invite system, and all the BS within the company, and to be honest the OnePlus Two does ZERO for me, I have no interest in that phone whatsoever. Seems like a side grade at best to the OPO. Plus not a fan of the SD810, so put me down as a OnePlus Two hater

Since I bought the OPO I have had the iPhone 6 Plus ( Jailbreaked, just to try out a big iPhone and the JB scene, but iOS blows IMO, ran back to Android less than a month later ) Then I bought the Nexus 6 which I liked a lot, especially stock Android and AOSP ROM's, but the Nexus 6 was really crossing that border for me size wise, just too wide. And now I currently have the Note 5, running a good custom ROM. The Note 5 surprised me, as I typically don't like Touchwiz, but with a good ROM, it really is fast and smooth, and of course the screen and camera are #1.

My point here is, I still kept my OnePlus One as a back up phone, but for a long while was left in a drawer for months, so I dusted it off, and installed Sultan's CM13 ROM, and holy ****, I forgot how much I liked this phone, and the stockish vanilla Android type OS of CM13 vs. Touchwiz is so nice. I am SIM swapping between my OPO and Note 5 every few days, I really like the OPO still, even compared to my Note 5. Yes of course the Note 5 is a better phone no doubt. But here's something special about this OPO, like the old EVO 4G thanks to XDA that lived on a very long time, this OPO is one of those few special phones, with the help of the great development community will live a long life. Plus the hardware is still pretty fast in the OPO, it's not like a slow turtle or something.

I hated the OnePlus Two, but the One X really surprised, looks like a great phone. I am very optimistic on the OnePlus Three now, if they can design it sort of after the One X, similar build quality and design, but with the SD820 + 4GB RAM, with a 5.5" screen, and keep the price around the $400 range or so, it could be another killer phone.

Last edited:

InsaneNutter

Jun 26, 2010
Yorkshire
Since 2007 I have owned 4 phones (N95, HTC Desire, Galaxy Nexus, OnePlus One), you have managed that in the time i've had my OnePlus One lol.

Not enough changes even every two years to really justify a new phone these days, I still consider the OnePlus to be one of the best phones out today. Sure some phones are a bit better, however for me the battery life is amazing, the phone is really fast, has a nice camera and plenty of storage. I personally don't need anything else!

I'd personally be happy using the OnePlus as my main phone for another couple of years yet!

lordneopt

Oct 20, 2013
I used to say the same thing until i moved to a Nexus 6 some time ago. Only then i could see what an average phone the OPO is.

I still have my OPO but i see no point in using it.

lordneopt

Oct 20, 2013
Yes. In normal day usage its average per comparison.

The screen is worst, i have actually better battery on the Nexus, better feel on the hand, larger screen, better official support, better community, better roms, better hardware, fast charging, wireless charging, dude the list goes on.

The opo is an average phone in comparison with the Nexus.

That's why mine is on the drawer, getting dust. If it was a better phone i would be using it and not the Nexus.

Vekhez

Sep 7, 2013
Who Cares?

The screen is worst, i have actually better battery on the Nexus, better feel on the hand, larger screen, better official support, better community, better roms, better hardware, fast charging, wireless charging, dude the list goes on.

That's why mine is on the drawer, getting dust. If it was a better phone i would be using it and not the Nexus.

Then you suddenly remember, (for me in Australia anyway) my OPO was $413 shipped, a Nexus 6 (not 6P) now is $849, and when they were the "latest Nexus" they were $949. And in the US the OPO is $299 and the N6 is $699... So looking at that, the Nexus 6 has a bigger screen (higher resolution, but bigger, so doesn't really matter anyway..), fast charging (eh can charge my OPO from 0-90% in just under 60 minutes anyway so..), clearly didn't have the bamboo back in regards to better feeling in the hand, better community is completely subjective to the user, as is better ROM's, better hardware is again subjective. The OPO has a better camera (5mp front vs 2mp) and can record in up to 1440p on the front camera, and 4K DCI on the back, not just 4K UHD. Battery life is again, subjective, but with a slightly bigger battery but a larger screen I expect the difference to be negligible at best. The OPO and N6 have the same amount of RAM. The processor, is better, but more importantly the GPU, but then with the 1440p screen the GPU needs to be considerably better.

I'd say average is an overstatement.

Renosh

Aug 2, 2014
Then you suddenly remember, (for me in Australia anyway) my OPO was $413 shipped, a Nexus 6 (not 6P) now is $849, and when they were the "latest Nexus" they were $949. And in the US the OPO is $299 and the N6 is $699... So looking at that, the Nexus 6 has a bigger screen (higher resolution, but bigger, so doesn't really matter anyway..), fast charging (eh can charge my OPO from 0-90% in just under 60 minutes anyway so..), clearly didn't have the bamboo back in regards to better feeling in the hand, better community is completely subjective to the user, as is better ROM's, better hardware is again subjective. The OPO has a better camera (5mp front vs 2mp) and can record in up to 1440p on the front camera, and 4K DCI on the back, not just 4K UHD. Battery life is again, subjective, but with a slightly bigger battery but a larger screen I expect the difference to be negligible at best. The OPO and N6 have the same amount of RAM. The processor, is better, but more importantly the GPU, but then with the 1440p screen the GPU needs to be considerably better.

In the US the Nexus 6 is going for between $300 - $350 for the 64GB at the moment, the prices have really gone down cause of the 6P. Just a correction with the pricing. In my country it goes for $500 for 32GB Nexus 6 cause they're really rare

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

lordneopt

Oct 20, 2013

Nowdays, didn't said when the opo got released. Ofc the Nexus 6 was a very expensive device, it is also a more premium device.

Nowdays the opo is average and the Nexus is way, and i put WAY better and fairly the same price. I saw no point in paying full price when the Nexus 6 got out but nowdays you can have a top notch phone for less than 300 bucks.

And all the rest is just you making peanuts based on nothing, the Nexus as far as my experience goes is way better. You are trying to justify based on nothing.

As i have both i can opinate. Battery life is better on the Nexus, you can read reviews and shiz but they cant properly compare devices. I was getting under 5 hours of sot with my opo and i get over 5 hours now with just a kernel flashed. So, no, its not just negligible because you saw the battery numbers.

I dont like wood backs, and i do not need that for a phone to feel better. I have that stock on the Nexus 6. The metallic ring does wonders, no wood back can do that.

Also the camera, i'm sorry but everyone who says the opo camera is better is out if his mind. They both have average cameras but the Nexus is better, i can take better low light photos and HDR+ makes all the diference when capturing this, also ois helps, things that, wait, do not compute hardware side on the opo. The front facing camera performs equally better for the tasks i use it for, unlocking and some hangouts. Hell i can say the Nexus front camera doesnt do so much miss and run unlocking, but can be software side changes also. And im not even going to talk about the horrible halo effect due to the flash over exposing on the opo camera, i tried every single camera app/rom to avoid this but every one failed, the one that the halo was less noticeable was sultans ROM due to the changes be made to the hal. But even then i could notice some over exposure when using flash on dark places.

Moving on..

The screen isnt just bigger its BETTER. Better and noticeable contrast ratio, collors, deep darks, higher res that is noticeable, and yes, bigger.

The gpu isnt marginaly better, its awsomely better on the Nexus. The same games i used to get sutters on the opo doesnt sutter on the Nexus, its not just bechmarks, even pushing a way lot more pixels.

Also the sound, i forgot to mention. No point arguing here, the Nexus isnt boomsound but its a world better than the opo. Front fireing speaks are way better than bottom ones. You dont even know what you are loosing until you try it.

So, yes, nowdays the opo is average. Im sorry if you have to justify you have a top notch phone because you havnt. There are way better alternatives nowdays.

PS: Fast charging does make diference, i dont know you try to dismiss that as a very positive point. And i can also wireless charge it, but i guess thats just comodities that i like to have.

Last edited:

Vekhez

Sep 7, 2013
Who Cares?
Nowdays the opo is average and the Nexus is way, and i put WAY better and fairly the same price. I saw no point in paying full price when the Nexus 6 got out but nowdays you can have a top notch phone for less than 300 bucks.

"top notch" is definitely an arguable claim, the camera was, less than stellar on the Nexus 6 and the hardware has aged with 64-bit now in play, alongside the new Snapdragon 808 and 810.

And all the rest is just you making peanuts based on nothing, the Nexus as far as my experience goes is way better. You are trying to justify based on nothing.

As i have both i can opinate. Battery life is better on the Nexus, you can read reviews and shiz but they cant properly compare devices. I was getting under 5 hours of sot with my opo and i get over 5 hours now with just a kernel flashed. So, no, its not just negligible because you saw the battery numbers.

? I do have the Nexus 6 and OPO? So, I can and will justify what I said on the fact that I have both devices.

As I have both I can opinionate, on KitKat I got 6-7h SOT consistently on LTE, and 8-9h SOT Wi-Fi without a problem, Lollipop in it's early days decreased that number to 3.5-4.5h LTE, 4-5 Wi-Fi however on my current ROM (Sultan's CM12.1 stable) I consistently get 5-6h SOT easy every day on 3G (at home so I don't have Wi-Fi and can't test). So yeah, battery life is much better compared to my 6, which gets maybe 3.5-4.5h SOT on stock rooted with FK on LTE, and max 5.5H SOT with Wi-Fi low brightness etc.

I dont like wood backs, and i do not need that for a phone to feel better. I have that stock on the Nexus 6. The metallic ring does wonders, no wood back can do that.

Again, I think that feeling completely comes down to personal preference. To be honest I don't particularly like metal phones, I own a slew of devices (Z3 Compact, Z5 (gave to Dad), Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy Note 2, Moto X 2013, Moto X 2014, Nexus 6, OPO, Nexus 5, HTC One M8 (sold to brother), HTC One M9(gave to Mum)) and I hands down prefer a plastic phone to metal, I don't know why but I just don't like the feel of metal, the S6 is okay, but phones like the M8 and M9 I can't handle, and the N6 was borderline for me.

But I do understand that I am in the minority so whatever.

Also the camera, i'm sorry but everyone who says the opo camera is better is out if his mind. They both have average cameras but the Nexus is better, i can take better low light photos and HDR+ makes all the diference when capturing this, also ois helps, things that, wait, do not compute hardware side on the opo. The front facing camera performs equally better for the tasks i use it for, unlocking and some hangouts. Hell i can say the Nexus onde doesnt do so much miss and run unlocking, but can be software side changes also. And im not even going to talk about the horrible halo effect due to the flash over exposing on the opo camera, i tried every single camera app/rom to avoid this but every one failed, the one that the halo was less noticeable was sultans ROM due to the changes be made to the hal. But even then i could notice some over exposure when using flash on dark places.

The OPO on Sultan's ROM has an incredible camera, using the Snapdragon Camera app or Camera FV-5 (fixes the "horrible halo" in manual mode, however I really don't use the flash anyway..) I can consistently take a photo that I am happy with, I mean it's no S6, but it by no means takes bad photos either. Why the Nexus 6 does have a good camera, the Moto G this year is using the same sensor, basically sums it up, within 12 months the camera had moved from a $700 phone to a $200 phone.

The screen isnt just bigger its BETTER. Better and noticeable contrast ratio, collors, deep darks, higher res that is noticeable, and yes, bigger.

The screen on the 6 is nicer than the OPO, however I find the cool colours of the OPO actually nicer than the panel on the 6. I also have a slightly modified screen profile on my phone so that might make all the difference. Deep blacks are due to the AMOLED, and owning both AMOLED and IPS phones I do prefer IPS, however again, that is totally a personal preference thing and I understand you may think differently.

The gpu isnt marginaly better, its awsomely better on the Nexus. The same games i used to get sutters on the opo doesnt sutter on the Nexus, its not just bechmarks, even pushing a way lot more pixels.

The GPU is better yes, but I don't use my phone for games, at all, never have and probably never will. So if you want to wear the better GPU crown, you totally can.

Also the sound, i forgot to mention. No point arguing here, the Nexus isnt boomsound but its a world better than the opo. Front fireing speaks are way better than bottom ones. You dont even know what you are loosing until you try it.

This is true as well, front facing speakers are great, but then again, I don't really use the speakers on my device, I either use my earphones, my computer which has much superior sound anyway, or Bluetooth Audio in my car, there is never really a time when I want to use the speaker on my phone. But I will say I've never had a "problem" with the sound on the OPO.

So, yes, nowdays the opo is average. Im sorry if you have to justify you have a top notch phone because you havnt. There are way better alternatives nowdays.

PS: Fast charging does make diference, i dont know you try to dismiss that as a very positive point. And i can also wireless charge it, but i guess thats just comodities that i like to have.

I don't need to justify that I have a top notch phone, I very well know that I have a phone that was released almost 2 years ago, and I also know that I have the means to buy any phone of my choice right now, however, the OPO is still working for me so I'd rather buy something that I am actually going to use. I'll buy the OnePlus 3 on launch, and if that treats me well then great, and if it doesn't I'll probably buy next years Nexus devices. But in the same breath, the Nexus 6 is nothing amazing, it is well over a year old now, lacks some "crucial" things for a current top-notch smartphone, being a fingerprint scanner, 64-bit to name a few.

PS: I know fast charging makes a difference, but to me, I charge my phone at night, and take it off at 7am, and put it back on at 12pm, and don't look at the battery percentage otherwise. I've used wireless charging once and thought eh and never used it again, but again, something some people want to use so whatever.

In the US the Nexus 6 is going for between $300 - $350 for the 64GB at the moment, the prices have really gone down cause of the 6P. Just a correction with the pricing. In my country it goes for $500 for 32GB Nexus 6 cause they're really rare

Lucky I don't live in the US. Here it is still going for $849. I also can't get the Nexus 6 from the current deals as they refuse to ship to Australia. However, looking on Swappa I can get a OnePlus One, $150-180, saw one for $180 brand new in box. I do get that for the price the Nexus 6 is a killer deal, however it's not to say that you should throw whatever you have out the window, and there are just as good a deals around for other products, like the OnePlus One.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odysseus1962

lordneopt

Oct 20, 2013
Stock, just a kernel i get over 5 hours sot, with the same usage on the opo not even close to that. So, in my opinion way, WAY better. Adaptative brightness on the Nexus with adaptative display always on. And i can't see how your results may vary but anyway, im a believer.

Premium materiais =/= your opinion. If you think having a metal ring arround the phone doesn't make it premium keeping it light than every manufacturer must have gone to the idiot side for using those.

No, the camera fv5 does not fix that. Paid version that i bought when they introduced RAW support for the opo. Im sorry but you are wrong (again), its a good app but the over exposure problem goes way deeper for a camera app to solve, it goes into a ****ty camera Hal and blobs. The sensor is good but the work done with it sucks ass. The photos low light on the Nexus are way better, normal light condition are equally better, i could post some examples but i dont have the time or need to do that. The camera api is also much better which makes you get better photos apps to take photos. Arguably i use the google camera for the HDR+ which no other camera app has and it totally makes the difference. You have no halo, less grainy photos.

The screen on the Nexus is better. For all those reasons and more make them a way better panel than the one on the One. Amoled pannels when used properly can help you produce better images and save power. Ips panels are good for true collor reproduction when properly calibrated, the one on the One is not. Problematic yellow tints and washed out collors, color shifting, grey mushy blacks, you name it. And no, i do not loose time messing with the settings to try and calibrate it when it was my daily driver. I only used the pre defined amoled settings on CM. The colors would pop out a bit more.

If you never had problems with the speakers on the opo you cearly do not use your phone. When im showing something to friends, and this happens allot, and we need sound for example, not giving out a pair if bt headsets to all of them. If im watching a tv show i rather have sound come from the phone, stereo sound.

I used to cover them all the time with the opo because if their bad placement. Not that it isnt better than the ones located on the back, but clearly problematic and worse.

The fast charging is needed for those who use their phones all the time. Sometimes i get home from work, i get my phone on the charger to boost its battery before going out for a coffee. Ofc if i do not use my phone, if i stay home i do not need fast charging because im close to a charger. But then again thats your problemas for not using the phone an not needing a well needed feature like fast charging. Also i installed a wireless charging pad on my car so no cables, couldnt have that before.

The rest is just peanuts, even your phone collection that you may or may not have had is peanuts to me. Im not bragging about the phones i had because when i move i move to a better one, i do not move to a crappier one.

What i have to say about that is, im happy with my Nexus 6 and its a well better device than the opo. It was a well needed upgrade on all meanings. Google device everyday over the opo at the moment. Oneplus is a crappy company with no support, they made a successull phone due to Cyanogen. Most devs are running away from this phone which will end up with a bad version of android, a version full of problems. So im not even interested in their Oneplus X A B or 3. I did not look at the Oneplus 2 because of that same reason, its a ****ty device with the lack of a proper os.

The fingerprint reader and the 64bit are arguably good features if you need them. The 64 bit is a double sided blade, instructions on the VM can be bigger but you need more RAM to take advantage of that, maybe in some years you can see a practical bebefit for that. But even then you wont run high memory desktop apps on your phone. The fingerprint reader i would like to havê as a gimmick, does nothing on my country (no Android pay for example) and like i said i relly on having a pebble and face unlocking. Doesnt make a phone to be less of a top notch, pick your poison over the thousands of chinese phones that have those and suck ass (elephones and other crap).

Ofc you can have a different opinion but hardware/software comparison you cant deny its better. Or maybe you can trying to smooth things up with facts that are not facts with surreal opinions like saying: "oh yea i had this, that and that, and i know its supperior but im the minority thinking like this, oh well" (the i dont use the flash made me lol so hard).

The Nexus 6 as the price of today is more of device than the opo, better hardware and support. If you cant even acept this its your problem. But as you would say "meh meh i dont need good hardware/software support i dont use it".

Btw not going to answer anymore. Hardcore fanboysim is really hard to beat.

Be well, take care.

Last edited:

Renosh

Aug 2, 2014
Stock, just a kernel i get over 5 hours sot, with the same usage on the opo not even close to that. So, in my opinion way, WAY better. Adaptative brightness on the Nexus with adaptative display always on. And i can't see how your results may vary but anyway, im a believer.

Premium materiais =/= your opinion. If you think having a metal ring arround the phone doesn't make it premium keeping it light than every manufacturer must have gone to the idiot side for using those.

No, the camera fv5 does not fix that. Paid version that i bought when they introduced RAW support for the opo. Im sorry but you are wrong (again), its a good app but the over exposure problem goes way deeper for a camera app to solve, it goes into a ****ty camera Hal and blobs. The sensor is good but the work done with it sucks ass. The photos low light on the Nexus are way better, normal light condition are equally better, i could post some examples but i dont have the time or need to do that. The camera api is also much better which makes you get better photos apps to take photos. Arguably i use the google camera for the HDR+ which no other camera app has and it totally makes the difference. You have no halo, less grainy photos.

The screen on the Nexus is better. For all those reasons and more make them a way better panel than the one on the One. Amoled pannels when used properly can help you produce better images and save power. Ips panels are good for true collor reproduction when properly calibrated, the one on the One is not. Problematic yellow tints and washed out collors, color shifting, grey mushy blacks, you name it. And no, i do not loose time messing with the settings to try and calibrate it when it was my daily driver. I only used the pre defined amoled settings on CM. The colors would pop out a bit more.

If you never had problems with the speakers on the opo you cearly do not use your phone. When im showing something to friends, and this happens allot, and we need sound for example, not giving out a pair if bt headsets to all of them. If im watching a tv show i rather have sound come from the phone, stereo sound.

I used to cover them all the time with the opo because if their bad placement. Not that it isnt better than the ones located on the back, but clearly problematic and worse.

The fast charging is needed for those who use their phones all the time. Sometimes i get home from work, i get my phone on the charger to boost its battery before going out for a coffee. Ofc if i do not use my phone, if i stay home i do not need fast charging because im close to a charger. But then again thats your problemas for not using the phone an not needing a well needed feature like fast charging. Also i installed a wireless charging pad on my car so no cables, couldnt have that before.

The rest is just peanuts, even your phone collection that you may or may not have had is peanuts to me. Im not bragging about the phones i had because when i move i move to a better one, i do not move to a crappier one.

What i have to say about that is, im happy with my Nexus 6 and its a well better device than the opo. It was a well needed upgrade on all meanings. Google device everyday over the opo at the moment. Oneplus is a crappy company with no support, they made a successull phone due to Cyanogen. Most devs are running away from this phone which will end up with a bad version of android, a version full of problems. So im not even interested in their Oneplus X A B or 3. I did not look at the Oneplus 2 because of that same reason, its a ****ty device with the lack of a proper os.

The fingerprint reader and the 64bit are arguably good features if you need them. The 64 bit is a double sided blade, instructions on the VM can be bigger but you need more RAM to take advantage of that, maybe in some years you can see a practical bebefit for that. But even then you wont run high memory desktop apps on your phone. The fingerprint reader i would like to havê as a gimmick, does nothing on my country (no Android pay for example) and like i said i relly on having a pebble and face unlocking. Doesnt make a phone to be less of a top notch, pick your poison over the thousands of chinese phones that have those and suck ass (elephones and other crap).

Ofc you can have a different opinion but hardware/software comparison you cant deny its better. Or maybe you can trying to smooth things up with facts that are not facts with surreal opinions like saying: "oh yea i had this, that and that, and i know its supperior but im the minority thinking like this, oh well" (the i dont use the flash made me lol so hard).

The Nexus 6 as the price of today is more of device than the opo, better hardware and support. If you cant even acept this its your problem. But as you would say "meh meh i dont need good hardware/software support i dont use it".

Be well, take care.

Strangely enough you are the fanboy. He just stated his opinions without necessarily attacking you and you feel the need to belittle him to make your argument sound better. I don't doubt the Nexus 6 is a great phone but claiming the OPO is average makes me believe you are really poor when it comes to judgement and based on this long ass post you made you proved this to be a fact.

Fingerprint reader isn't just for Android Pay its just another convenient way to unlock that is much more secure than current implementations. I agree Oneplus is a crappy company and the only reason I bought this phone is Cyanogenmod. Not interested in any their new units OP2 and OPX cause of closed source OS. Being a heavy user doesn't make you better and doesn't make your usage or battery stats or anything better. You don't have to insult or demean someone when they were just having a discussion with you.

ReMx3dit

Mar 9, 2015
Peer
Strangely enough you are the fanboy. He just stated his opinions without necessarily attacking you and you feel the need to belittle him to make your argument sound better. I don't doubt the Nexus 6 is a great phone but claiming the OPO is average makes me believe you are really poor when it comes to judgement and based on this long ass post you made you proved this to be a fact.

Fingerprint reader isn't just for Android Pay its just another convenient way to unlock that is much more secure than current implementations. I agree Oneplus is a crappy company and the only reason I bought this phone is Cyanogenmod. Not interested in any their new units OP2 and OPX cause of closed source OS. Being a heavy user doesn't make you better and doesn't make your usage or battery stats or anything better. You don't have to insult or demean someone when they were just having a discussion with you.

Yep, he's a fanboy, saw that from post #1. I've worked with both phones, and even though the N6 is really good, the OPO is still an amazing device for it's age, calling it average is just plain dumb. :cool:

Vekhez

Sep 7, 2013
Who Cares?

The fingerprint reader i would like to havê as a gimmick, does nothing on my country (no Android pay for example) and like i said i relly on having a pebble and face unlocking.

I don't even care to argue about the cameras in word form, but I'll just show you some of the photos that I have taken in the last few weeks on my OPO; these images have been compressed twice, just as a side note (through Facebook Messenger because I don't have a microUSB cord on me at this moment, and then through imager.) I'd like to see if anyone is just looking at this, their thoughts on these photos, but I mean that's not required I quite like them and that's all that really matters.

Ul9cSSs.jpg

hY034I2.jpg

wsNxygH.jpg

N0KL92q.png

QLZAYE3.jpg

xEKr3n6.jpg

And sorry if I was "bragging" about my "fake" group of phones, it was more anecdotal evidence to say that I don't just have a sole phone and am trying to talk ****, but again if it's "fake" then who really cares, right?

Lol and I'd just like to quote some of this, "fingerprint reader is a gimmick, I "relly" on FACE UNLOCKING". that is all.

I would hardly say that I am a fanboy, and a hardcore one at that is just ridiculous, but whatever lets you go to sleep at night, I'd be looking in the mirror and wondering if you're a Nexus fanboy.

(dylanger)

Dec 12, 2015
MCC 505
I love the fact that the OnePlus One has no boot chain verification, meaning I can modify the bootloader and other partitions on the phone.

emptyragnarok

Jan 8, 2012
mumbai
Since 2007 I have owned 4 phones (N95, HTC Desire, Galaxy Nexus, OnePlus One), you have managed that in the time i've had my OnePlus One lol.

Not enough changes even every two years to really justify a new phone these days, I still consider the OnePlus to be one of the best phones out today. Sure some phones are a bit better, however for me the battery life is amazing, the phone is really fast, has a nice camera and plenty of storage. I personally don't need anything else!

I'd personally be happy using the OnePlus as my main phone for another couple of years yet!
I bought new OPO even when I'm owning s6, and I had one OPO already :p I just love this device!! I gave my old OPO to dad! even he loves it .. ( first touchscreen phone he has ever used! ;) )

marcosinghof

Oct 6, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I can do nothing more than agree! I bought the phone one and a half years ago and it still feels very nice. I don't even think about getting a new phone for now.
The OPO will also have a long support life, thanks to XDA :D

RashidD

Jan 2, 2012
Have to agree with this thread. Using the OPO for about a year now. I've been bitten by the upgrade bug, but don't really have a phone which has seriously drawn me to it within a decent price range. Maybe the 6P, but it's so expensive and I don't really gain that much in terms of tangible benefit.

GForceXIII

Jan 9, 2011
Jakarta

Be well, take care.
At least according to this review's measurements, the OPO's screen is better in color accuracy than the Nexus 6
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8242/the-oneplus-one-review/2

And when I compare it with the same picture on my PC's IPS screen, it is pretty much comparable(the LG IPS236v produces slightly punchier reds than the OPO's screen).

Last edited:

marcosinghof

Oct 6, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Today, I will update my phone to CM13 by Sultan so I have the latest software! As a developer it's awesome to be able to get the state of the art software without restrictions.
Same opinion?

Reactions: Traace

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The One still a GREAT phone almost two years later; ( my opinion )

I'll make this short, I got the OPO back in late Summer 2014, after replacing my damaged HTC One M8 ( which I LOVED, and converted to GPE ) The Kit Kat ROM's were awesome on the OPO, giving me like crazy 7h Screen On time, I liked the shape and design of the phone, it sort of seemed like a Nexus 5-1/2, the Nexus phone Google would have made after the Nexus 5, if they didn't go Motorola. The OPO has a sort of Galaxy Nexus + Nexus 5 combo design going on, in a good way.

Yeah I hate OPO's invite system, and all the BS within the company, and to be honest the OnePlus Two does ZERO for me, I have no interest in that phone whatsoever. Seems like a side grade at best to the OPO. Plus not a fan of the SD810, so put me down as a OnePlus Two hater

Since I bought the OPO I have had the iPhone 6 Plus ( Jailbreaked, just to try out a big iPhone and the JB scene, but iOS blows IMO, ran back to Android less than a month later ) Then I bought the Nexus 6 which I liked a lot, especially stock Android and AOSP ROM's, but the Nexus 6 was really crossing that border for me size wise, just too wide. And now I currently have the Note 5, running a good custom ROM. The Note 5 surprised me, as I typically don't like Touchwiz, but with a good ROM, it really is fast and smooth, and of course the screen and camera are #1.

My point here is, I still kept my OnePlus One as a back up phone, but for a long while was left in a drawer for months, so I dusted it off, and installed Sultan's CM13 ROM, and holy ****, I forgot how much I liked this phone, and the stockish vanilla Android type OS of CM13 vs. Touchwiz is so nice. I am SIM swapping between my OPO and Note 5 every few days, I really like the OPO still, even compared to my Note 5. Yes of course the Note 5 is a better phone no doubt. But here's something special about this OPO, like the old EVO 4G thanks to XDA that lived on a very long time, this OPO is one of those few special phones, with the help of the great development community will live a long life. Plus the hardware is still pretty fast in the OPO, it's not like a slow turtle or something.

I hated the OnePlus Two, but the One X really surprised, looks like a great phone. I am very optimistic on the OnePlus Three now, if they can design it sort of after the One X, similar build quality and design, but with the SD820 + 4GB RAM, with a 5.5" screen, and keep the price around the $400 range or so, it could be another killer phone.

Be well, take care.

The fingerprint reader i would like to havê as a gimmick, does nothing on my country (no Android pay for example) and like i said i relly on having a pebble and face unlocking.

I don't even care to argue about the cameras in word form, but I'll just show you some of the photos that I have taken in the last few weeks on my OPO; these images have been compressed twice, just as a side note (through Facebook Messenger because I don't have a microUSB cord on me at this moment, and then through imager.) I'd like to see if anyone is just looking at this, their thoughts on these photos, but I mean that's not required I quite like them and that's all that really matters.

Ul9cSSs.jpg

hY034I2.jpg

wsNxygH.jpg

N0KL92q.png

QLZAYE3.jpg

xEKr3n6.jpg

And sorry if I was "bragging" about my "fake" group of phones, it was more anecdotal evidence to say that I don't just have a sole phone and am trying to talk ****, but again if it's "fake" then who really cares, right?

Lol and I'd just like to quote some of this, "fingerprint reader is a gimmick, I "relly" on FACE UNLOCKING". that is all.

I would hardly say that I am a fanboy, and a hardcore one at that is just ridiculous, but whatever lets you go to sleep at night, I'd be looking in the mirror and wondering if you're a Nexus fanboy.