Lg G3 Vigor [Sprint/ATT Variants]

Search This thread

DaemeonZane

Jul 8, 2012
Paris TX
YES!!!

I Have successfully compiled a kernel, added a few basic governors (interactive and conservative) and it boots!

turns out, it was the was it was decompressing and compressing...

i am about to go home, and i am going to add some other governors, and will upload...

for now, you will have to flash with flashify, until i make a flashable zip...

but this is a HUGE step in developing a rom for this device! i now know how to to what i need to do to compile, and bypass the bootloader!

my "hammerhead" stock lg rom is already compiled... i just have to edit a few things to make it for this device... that is my next step after the kernel... to get a stock rom up and running...

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

What's the story on the boot issue?

Sent from a potato using Kung-Fu

dirtyhewr

Jul 28, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
The KDZ's for this phone are in the OP. @dirtyhewr is working hard to get us a stock based ROM to try out, but as we all know, life happens, and these things do take time. Until then, just be patient and watch the thread. As soon as it arrives I'll reorganize the OP to show the ROM.

i have compiled the stock rom... but since we have a recovery that works, and a backup of what basically is stock, i put that on hold... but right now, i actually have a build of cm11 compiling... the recovery built, but i can't seem to get that to work... after looking at other device trees, i managed to pull most of the blobs i think it will need to even kind of run... that wasn't fun... all manual...

however, it's been compiling now for 20 min so hopefully it will complete lol...

then i will try to bump the system image, and flash it directly... and it will boot and we will all have CM! Well, hopefully lol...

as for if it will be a kdz or tot, it will be neither... we will be lucky if i can get it to boot at all, as i am learning all this as i go... but i will eventually put it in a flashable zip, which should be able to be flashed with the TWRP recovery i did get to work...

still compiling! keep fingers crossed!

coliotte

Feb 26, 2015
The KDZ's for this phone are in the OP. @dirtyhewr is working hard to get us a stock based ROM to try out, but as we all know, life happens, and these things do take time. Until then, just be patient and watch the thread. As soon as it arrives I'll reorganize the OP to show the ROM.

Awesome meaning my phone have a chance to live after all :D keep up the good work guys and don't forgot to put the donation button you deserve it ;)

Reactions: dirtyhewr

DaemeonZane

Jul 8, 2012
Paris TX
So you have a stock ROM, and now you're doing CM11 as well??? That's grand as ----...well, you get the idea.
If it's not too much trouble, though, do you mind checking your PM in a few?

dirtyhewr

Jul 28, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
let's see if this new signature works...

eh guess the button is fine lol....

soooo... after 2 hours of compiling, i didnt notice the power came unplugged, and it shutdown... have to start the build over again,... will keep you all posted...

Last edited:

dirtyhewr

Jul 28, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
Thanks again for what you do, bro.

I'm doing everything i can... I'm no developer, that's for sure! but i really like doing this, and love the challenge... I'm learning all this as i go, so it may be a little slow going.... lol... it took me 3 hours earlier to figure out ONE compilation error...

but there is no better way to learn!

Reactions: DaemeonZane

dirtyhewr

Jul 28, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
cm11 compiled all the way to the last step

then got system img too large... too tired tonight \... have to look at the partition sizes...
it compiled at almost 2gigs for some reason! god!

Last edited:

dirtyhewr

Jul 28, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
cm11 compiled all the way to the last step

then got system img too large... too tired tonight \... have to look at the partition sizes...
it compiled at almost 2gigs for some reason! god!

ok peeps! i never set the correct block sizes in the BoardConfig.mk... how stupid is that? lol

everything compiled... i also think this is the reason i couldnt get CWM working... making backup now, and getting ready to test...

everything compiled with no errors, so thats a good thing! all images were created... now to test!

think i am actually going to make a flashable zip first to make sure everything goes where it should... get back to yall
soon!

im in the truck at work... im scared to flash this .img right now i need my phone but im sooooo curious

Last edited:

coliotte

Feb 26, 2015
ok peeps! i never set the correct block sizes in the BoardConfig.mk... how stupid is that? lol

everything compiled... i also think this is the reason i couldnt get CWM working... making backup now, and getting ready to test...

everything compiled with no errors, so thats a good thing! all images were created... now to test!

think i am actually going to make a flashable zip first to make sure everything goes where it should... get back to yall
soon!

im in the truck at work... im scared to flash this .img right now i need my phone but im sooooo curious

make any tot or kdz rom and i will test it and flash it on my own risk :D

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
CM isn't distributed as KDZ or TOT files anyway, so so so... ;)

It's just an archive flashable with Clockworkmod (CWM) or TWRP as always.

DaemeonZane

Jul 8, 2012
Paris TX

soon!

I'll beta test. I'm pretty sure others will too. If anything happens that can't be fixed by a TWRP backup restore, I can get access to a PC long enough to fix it if I have to. It's all good.

dirtyhewr

Jul 28, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
I'll beta test. I'm pretty sure others will too. If anything happens that can't be fixed by a TWRP backup restore, I can get access to a PC long enough to fix it if I have to. It's all good.

hey y'all... ok so i flashed the system.img last night... unfortunately, it didn't boot right up into CM... lol...

i will be taking another look at the build files today to see what is going on... I'm looking at another ROM that was built for the G3S (d620) which is the exact same device... kind of lol...

so as soon as i have a bootable image, i will upload it, and we can go from there...

I'm also going to put the source up on git, so anyone can take a look if they want...

Last edited:

dirtyhewr

Jul 28, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
OK so I'm gonna just put this in a zip to flash with recovery... i don't think just flashing the system.img is enough...

however, @DeameonZane , could u please post a link to that fota update you have? i seem to have misplaced mine lol... i need the updater binary out of it...

gotta work for a while, but will be doing this as soon as i get home...

i will get this to work, guys, if it's the last thing i do lol

dirtyhewr

Jul 28, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
ugh... just had to reinstall mint... for some reason, i couldn't log on and couldn't figure out why... which means i have to reinstall everything again... luckily i learned a LONG time ago to keep my home partition separate lol... not too bad all in all... so I'll be back to it in a little bit...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING.

With that out of the way, welcome to the G3 Vigor thread. I've cleaned up the OP for you all to better see what is available at this time.

For support for anything you find on this thread, come by #vigorgeneral on the Freenode IRC. You do not have to register your nick with NickServ to join but it is strongly encouraged to prevent someone from using your nick. If you do not know how to use an IRC client, or want to use your browser, got to The Freenode Webchat and you can join us there.

ROOT

We have root, using the method described by @avicohh, whose guide can be found here.

TWRP Recovery

Edit:
    We have an updated 2.8.7.0 TWRP Recovery created by @dirtyhewr, which can be downloaded here. This is new as of 2 Feb 2016.

Exactly one month later, @dirtyhewr has released the NEW and improved TWRP 3.0 image. It can be found here.

Sprint and ATT FlashTool DLLs

@tripptofan gave us the Sprint DLL for the FlashTool, and multiple users can confirm that it works. Here is that DLL. Hyelton's Mirror of the DLL.

The ATT DLL can be found here. Thank @i2andog for that one.

Sprint TOT and ATT TOT

Thanks to @hyelton, the Sprint TOT can be downloaded here.

Thanks to @i2andog, who gave us the ATT DLL, we have a TOT as well for you ATT folks here.

ROMs and Kernels
    Kernel: Dirty Kernel by @dirtyhewr. Flash through Flashify until further notice.

Honorable Mentions
    A TWRP backup of all partitions other than /data and /cache, can be found here. It is based off ZV5, and only works for Sprint. If someone would like to contribute an ATT version for future use, upload it and I'll get it in the OP. Rooted is preferred.

I also have the ZV6 FOTA update for Sprint. It can be found here.
    An added bonus: A-boot image for ZV6 and also the LS885 partition lists by name and block.

Check this OP regularly for future updates.
    CM source is ready to roll. I'm pulling the device blobs now for Sprint. If someone with the AT&T version is feeling adventurous, there's a link I posted for @dirtyhewr on how to pull your device blobs. I'd like someone to pull theirs from the AT&T version, so we can get a ROM going for you guys as well.
    The more work we can get done, the sooner we can get our own forum and stop using a thread for everything.
    Anyone familiar with development, or who knows (either personally or what have you) someone who is and who would be interested in putting together some themes, ROM variations, or who would like to set up a dev team, pm me.
    It doesn't pay, but it's a damn good way to learn how to cook up some ROMs.
    Those of you who asked to beta test, make sure you have @dirtyhewr's jagc TWRP, and a backup. If you can afford to do so, get SuperSu Pro. It can maintain root across OTAs and whatnot, and will come in handy. In the meantime, we let my PC do the heavy lifting while I get some much needed sleep. See you all mañana.

Sent From A Potato Using Kung-Fu
    Anyone want to try?

TOT for LS885: LS885ZV4_04.21101.tot - 1822.0 Mb

Also I might can get an D725PR file which should work on the AT&T D725

Guide: http://xdaforums.com/g4/general/guide-lg-g4-stock-firmware-to-stock-kdz-t3107848 (Follow the TOT one)
    hey all

ill be working on it tonight... my ex's father went in for a liver transplant, so its been a little chaotic... my ex went out of town with her family, and i had my daughter while she was gone...

i have a few more things to do todasy before i can settle in, but ill be back in a while... see what i can see...
    Dirtyhewr, how was Bartending, also, any new progress?

not really... been super busy... I'm still having problems getting the kernel to compile., there's like a million settings for a kernel, and every time i change one thing, the whole kernel has to try to build again... takes about 15 min per time... just time consuming.. I have my daughter tonight, but she will be in bed by 730... after that, ill be working on it...