[ROM][6P][7.1.2_r24]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum | Fi | WiFi Calling ★[07/25/17]

Search This thread

nathanchance

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
Day 2 with pure nexus and ex kernel.

Seems random reboots occurring when I wasn't noticing and when it's sitting idle. Is there any log I can get to point out the culprit.
fe7d3611942889bf39d1b64288e1e30c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Any mods like Xposed? Next time you get a reboot, get the contents of the /sys/fs/pstore folder and throw them in the EX thread so we can look at them.

Reactions: senthilrameshjv

senthilrameshjv

Nov 10, 2011
Chennai
Any mods like Xposed? Next time you get a reboot, get the contents of the /sys/fs/pstore folder and throw them in the EX thread so we can look at them.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1YoUVS0hVkEU3p6ZmRER1NOYWs/view?usp=docslist_api

Link for syslog.. Posted in ex also.. May be xposed. But thing is I was using similar setup with cataclysm as well. Only one new module called smart network I've installed in this.. I'll uninstall and see.

BTW, nathanchance, do u have any alternative for the infamous smart network from Cataclysm.?

I'll get the contests in pstore on next reboot.

nathanchance

Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1YoUVS0hVkEU3p6ZmRER1NOYWs/view?usp=docslist_api

Link for syslog.. Posted in ex also.. May be xposed. But thing is I was using similar setup with cataclysm as well. Only one new module called smart network I've installed in this.. I'll uninstall and see.

BTW, nathanchance, do u have any alternative for the infamous smart network from Cataclysm.?

I'll get the contests in pstore on next reboot.

I'll continue with you over there about the reboots. I do not have any suggestions on that, Beans may be able to add it here. I couldn't use that feature since I am on a CDMA network. Xposed tends to cause problems with random reboots though.

C

Corndude

Any way to disable/ limit mediascanner on this rom? It destroys my battery, even with 0 files on my phone.

nathanchance

Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
Why do you hate layers? Just curious. Was gonna try layers and check it out but wondering if there's some reason I should avoid it.

Not gonna speak for other people, just from my personal experience. Layers can be a little bit more cumbersome. You have to reboot to change overlays so it can take a while to get your look right. One advantage that Layers has is that it can theme individual apps without an additional app (you need the Cyanogen Theme Chooser from their C-Apps package to do that with the Theme Engine). However, CMTE just works right away (no reboots necessary but they are recommended sometimes) and it is a little bit more mature so you have more themes. I like both, I am trying out CMTE right now but I may go back, not sure yet.

Kiahnlliya

Jan 21, 2011
Camera quality degradation?

Hello.

Getting my 6P in a few days. I'm wondering whether the camera quality of this ROM is the same as on stock? Or is the quality not as good as stock?

Never had a Nexus device before...

remicks

Apr 21, 2011
Nowhereville, USA
aokpcb.broc.co
A little clarity for everyone:

No, CMTE is not replacing layers in PN. Beans is such an awesome Dev that he wants you guys to have more options for his ROM. In order to do this he is basically maintaining 2 separate PN roms. One with Layers commits (standard PN) and one with CMTE (the test builds I posted). To the end user this seems like no big deal right? Just changing theme engines, no big deal... Wrong. It's a very big deal. This means that every time beans adds a new feature he needs to make sure it works on BOTH branches. AOSP and CM code are vastly different, this means that a feature that works on the Layers branch with no problems may require hours of debugging and fixes to the code to work on CMTE as well. To fellow devs this is a semi-insane move, this is basically twice the work just so you guys can have the theme option that you prefer. Anyone with serious bugs on the CMTE build please feel free to PM me your info about it, I won't bite or scream at you... I knew full well when I posted these that I would be bombarded with questions and bug reports. But try not to clutter up the threads too much, beans is a very busy guy and I am trying to help in any way that I can to get the CMTE branch ready for release so direct any questions you may have this way.

Sorry for the long winded post guys but I felt it should be said so we can get a better perspective of how discussion of these should be handled. Thanks for your time.

mikeymopar

Jan 14, 2011
I had just downloaded and installed the ROM listed in the very first message in the thread. How do I figure out if I have the Layers version or CMTE?

beans doesn't have an official cmte build yet so it's the layers version
when there is one i'm sure there will be something noted in the file name as @remicks has done with his build of it (adding cmte to the file name)

Last edited:

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
The 6P @ak thread is pretty good...

Sure is, I post there as well from time to time. But I was talking more about the AK family on gnex than the thread itself.

Lol, good thing is that we old timers get a rest.

Just gotta make sure old timers don't become redundant. Haha

Just imagine what could be accomplished if these shamu helpers acquired an angler..

Most of us will sometime in the future, can't speak for the others but I love my shamu and see no need to upgrade just yet. Don't mind helpin out where I can though, esepecially in beans' threads.

Shamu will probably be my last nexus.

Is there a new update on the horizon...
I didn't ask for any eta...

You were saying?

Any possibility to add high brightness mode toggle in quick settings for kernels that support it? Sucks to have to go into the kennel app to activate it

I use lux to modify brightness, mainly for subzero but you should be able to use it for high as well.

I had just downloaded and installed the ROM listed in the very first message in the thread. How do I figure out if I have the Layers version or CMTE?
Check file name, if it has "CMTE" in it then it's CMTE build.

Sent From My Nexus 6 using Tapatalk To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

Last edited:

shayonpal

Dec 13, 2010
Gurgaon
shayonpal.com
beans doesn't have an official cmte build yet so it's the layers version
when there is one i'm sure there will be something noted in the file name as @remicks has done with his build of it (adding cmte to the file name)

In that case, could you help me understand how do I install a Layers theme in this ROM? Do I need to download both Layers and the theme file, or will just the theme file do?

nathanchance

Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
In that case, could you help me understand how do I install a Layers theme in this ROM? Do I need to download both Layers and the theme file, or will just the theme file do?

Go grab the Layers Manager from the Play Store (you may need the beta depending on your theme) and grab a theme. Grant the Layers Manager root permission. Select your theme and the applicable overlays (read the instructions so you know what to select). Hit the Apply FAB then reboot your phone.

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
Decided to give this ROM a try (been on Chroma a long time). Install went smoothly, EX went smoothly, v4a went smoothly. Only issue, you need to remove layers in vendor before flashing or you'll get set up issues. Once set up, adding layers back went well. Feels about the same as Chroma, but seems to be handling layers a bit better. Power menu is now themed correctly. Will give this a week or two to test battery, feedback later.

Can Banks Gapps be used with this? I don't use Chrome, Face, or Photos. Not a big deal with Titanium.

srqrob

Dec 5, 2011
Not interested in CM or CMTE Wish them well in their own thread. Already too much activity here to realistically keep up. Please branch off CM. Thread will get hijacked.

nathanchance

Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
Decided to give this ROM a try (been on Chroma a long time). Install went smoothly, EX went smoothly, v4a went smoothly. Only issue, you need to remove layers in vendor before flashing or you'll get set up issues. Once set up, adding layers back went well. Feels about the same as Chroma, but seems to be handling layers a bit better. Power menu is now themed correctly. Will give this a week or two to test battery, feedback later.

Can Banks Gapps be used with this? I don't use Chrome, Face, or Photos. Not a big deal with Titanium.

Yeah you can use Banks (I did without any issues).

Not interested in CM or CMTE Wish them well in their own thread. Already too much activity here to realistically keep up. Please branch off CM. Thread will get hijacked.

Doubt there will be two threads. Literally the only difference between the two is the theming option. There won't be too many problems/questions with CMTE that it warrants a whole new thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][6P][7.1.2_r24]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum | Fi | WiFi Calling ★[07/25/17]

QNtLLPxh.png

The Pure Nexus Project

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    The Pure Nexus Project aims to bring stability and features to your Nexus device, while keeping Google's vision in line and not straying too far away from that. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features and minimal bugs, then this is the place to be.

Features:
    Code:
    [COLOR="#1976D2"]-General[/COLOR]
    *All stock Nexus features working!!(WiFi calling, Project Fi, VoLte)
    *Based on AOSP Android 7.1.2_r24
    *Busybox, and Init.d support
    *Googles Pixel sounds and OEM wallpapers from factory images
    *Googles Pixel theme and Pixel navbar animation
    *Bug fix's and stability improvements
    *UI Improvements (fixed a bunch google forgot to materialize)
    *Rootless Substratum OMS Theme Engine support
    *ADB enhancements (ADB over wifi, Hide ADB icon, colored logcat "abd logcat -C")
    *Enabled Developer settings by default
    *Enabled Night mode for all devices
    *Enabled App ops
    *Custom night light brightness options
    *Disabled forced encryption
    *Disabled tether provision checks
    *Made preselectable item clickable in app picker dialog
    *Added download speed in notification
    *Added Advanced Reboot menu
    *Added Advanced screenshot functionality (longpress tile/power menu for selectable screenshot)
    *Added back volume adjust sounds and toggle
    *Added advanced rotation control and lockscreen rotation toggle
    *Added ability to lock app in landscape via rotation tile
    *Added advanced charging sound controls
    *Added advanced seekbar style animation controls
    *Added Quick setting header Longpress actions
    *Added ability to see app version when sideloading app
    *Added app package name to app info screen
    *Added ability to launch app when touching app icon in app info screen
    *Added phone info shortcut to about phone/status on top
    *Added dynamic vendor image notification
    *Added additional battery saver trigger steps
    *Added ability to unlink notification volume from ringer volume
    *Added Increasing ringtone option
    *Added Proximity Speakerphone and dialer lookup
    *Added Group support in contacts
    *Removed googles SystemUpdate option
    *Removed googles legal information

[COLOR="#1976D2"]-PureNexus Settings[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="red"]Lock Screen[/COLOR]
    *Lockscreen item option(time, date, alarm text toggles & Clock font style)
    *Double tap anywhere to sleep
    *Long press power for torch
    *Option to disable lockscreen media art
    *Option to scramble the pin entry layout
    *Option to disable the pin ripple background when entering lockscren pin
    *Option to disable fingerprint success vibration
    [COLOR="red"]Notification Drawer[/COLOR]
    *quick settings pulldown (left,right,always)
    *smart pulldown (no ongoing, no dismissable, no notifications)
    *advanced quick settings easy toggle
    *Brightness slider on/off toggle
    *Haptic feedback on quick setting on/off toggle
    *ability to disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
    *ability to disable the quick settings title text
    *ability to change number of quick settings columns
    *ability to change the amount of rows in quick settings
    *ability to set contexual or custom header images
    [COLOR="red"]Recent apps[/COLOR]
    *immersive recents
    *kill all fab
    *kill all fab location
    [COLOR="red"]Statusbar[/COLOR]
    *Battery customization(percentage/icon style)
    *sync battery icon with quick settings tile
    *Battery bar options(location, color, style, thickness, animation)
    *Carrier Label customization(placement, text)
    *Clock customization(show clock, show seconds, alignment, ampm, date, date style, date position, date format)
    *Network traffic meter options(enable, display units, update interval, hide arrows, auto hide, inactivity threshold)
    *Statusbar icon blacklist
    *Double tap on statusbar to sleep
    *Status bar brightness control
    *Status bar notification count
    *Status bar bluetooth battery meter toggle
    [COLOR="red"]Navigation Bar[/COLOR]
    *Navbar toggle and Height/width options
    *Navigation bar tuner
    *Pixel navbar animation toggle
    *Ability to enable one handed mode
    *Ability to enabe double tap to sleep
    *longpress back to kill
    *configurable longpress back to kill timeout
    [COLOR="red"]PowerMenu[/COLOR]
    *Option to disable on secure lock
    *Add/remove (reboot, screenshot, screen-record, torch, airplane mode, user switcher,settings shortcut, search, voice search, lock now, sound panel)
    [COLOR="red"]Volume Rocker[/COLOR]
    *Volume keys control media volume
    *Volume key wake
    *Volume key music control
    *Volume key orientation swap
    *Volume key keyboard cursor control
    *Volume up and power action (screen record/selectable screenshot)
    *Volume down to enter do not disturb
    *Volume up to exit do not disturb
    *Do not disturb volume panel switch
    *Volume steps customization
    [COLOR="red"]Display[/COLOR]
    *expanded desktop options
    *option to enable/disable wake on plug
    *3 finger swipe for screenshot toggle
    *Battery and Notification LED controls
    [COLOR="red"]Media & Notifications[/COLOR]
    *Ability to turn off vibration when double tapping power button for camera
    *Power notification controls
    *Peeking notification option(on/off, timeout, snooze length)
    *low battery notification toggle
    [COLOR="red"]Miscellaneous[/COLOR]
    *ability to enable app icon on toast
    *force enable or disable scrolling cache
    *incall vibration options

Downloads & Changelog:

Changelog: https://goo.gl/P8WBn3

Current Release Download Link: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73176218&postcount=37897

Rom Builds: https://goo.gl/TMclDf

Vendor Images(flashable by twrp image option): https://goo.gl/pUEuYg

Nexus 6p AFH folder: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=43153

Credits & Thanks:

The Cheeky Bastards - Bajasur, Dwitherell, DaveyAnnihalation, Surge1223!!!
    The PureNexus Moderators - MicMars, Kris Nelson, Nathan Chance
    The PureNexus Beta and Themer groups
    The CyanogenMod Community
    Dirty Unicorns
    SlimRoms
    OmniRom
    Euphoria-OS
    And all other open source Devs/Teams i may have missed!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][6P][7.1.2_r24]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum | Fi | WiFi Calling ★[07/25/17], ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    BeansTown106, Dwitherell
    Source Code: https://github.com/PureNexusProject

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-25

Created 2016-09-04
    Last Updated 2017-07-26
    Well after a bit of an absence while rebuilding the rom from scratch for 7.0 i am finally pleased to announce the return of PureNexus!!

a couple things to note:
    *not all mods from marshmallow will be in the first build so be patient as i add your favorite mods, etc!
    *as of right now the rom only has substratum legacy support. will update to full blown substratum as the stability increases for N!
    *changelog doesnt display anything for this first build as all changes are listed on github/xda op, changelog will be back next release!

ok, Lets get to the goodies!!

10/10 PureNexus Angler Update is Live!!!

Download Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224383873

Updated Gapps Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224383656

Updated Vendor image: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=312968873555003531

As always if you like my work dont forget to hit that thanks button.
    Donations are always appreciated but never required, I am only posting the link for convenience, Donate link
    Useful Links:
    Detailed Installation instructions (By @nathanchance) http://goo.gl/Sn5J4V
    Frequently Asked Questions (By @nathanchance) http://goo.gl/BdzZaH
    PureNexus User Signatures (By @malybru) http://goo.gl/eBJwEK
    New 7.1.1 Build!! this is a complete rebase, i rewrote the rom from scratch with 7.1.1

change log might not look that big but a lot of work went into making sure everything is smooth and stable!!

next release will focus on adding some more missing features from 6.0 but the main one theme-able battery's are now here

OK, Lets get to the goodies!!

12/15 Pure Nexus Angler Update is Live!!!

Download Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120693784

Gapps Download: https://goo.gl/idK1eL

Gapps XDA thread: http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-dynamic-gapps-t3487192

Updated Vendor image: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224405797

Dont forget to check the changelog Changelog!!

Donations are always appreciated but never required, I am only posting the link for convenience, Donate link
    New 7.0 Build with some more features, and some fixs, i am aware that 7.1.0 has dropped(pixel development branch) however it is not the final 7.1 and would be unstable as it stands right now(no kernel source, no gapps, etc). so i am going to stick with 7.0 until the final 7.1.1 source is live for stabilitys sake :)

Also i have taken over support of banks gapps and rebranded them as just "Dynamic Gapps" mini & full, mini is the traditional banks gapps, and full is purenexus gapps

ok, Lets get to the goodies!!

10/25 PureNexus Angler Update is Live!!!

Download Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=312978532265364926

Gapps Download: https://goo.gl/idK1eL

Gapps XDA thread: http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-dynamic-gapps-t3487192

Vendor image: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=312968873555003531

Dont forget to check the changelog Changelog!!