Boost Mobile (CDMA) Moto E 2015 Stock Firmware Restore Guide

Search This thread

vivekanand149

Oct 1, 2015
will XT1526 woks for XT1506[printed on my phoneBox]

Hello all!

In an effort to try and help Boost Mobile users out, I have put together a stock restore guide for the Moto E 2015. There are other versions of a stock firmware guide, but those are for GSM and others not using CDMA. Here you will find steps to restore your Boost Mobile Moto E!

First off, I am NOT responsible for damaging your phone or any user error. USE THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

If you are here reading this guide, you have either bricked your device or just want to go back to the stock firmware. If you are using a custom recovery such as TWRP, any saved nandroid backups will be lost if saved on internal storage. This will factory load 5.0.2 Lollipop fresh out of the box the day you got your phone!

Firstly, you will need ABD and Fastboot and Motorola Device Manager. You can download Motorola Device Manager directly from here.

I have attached ABD and Fastboot to this post for download.

To use ABD and Fastboot, you will need to make a new folder and extract the zip to the new folder and name it fastboot. From there, you will need to launch a command window from that folder. The easiest way to do this is to to have that folder selected and Shift/right click and "Open command window here". From there, if you have done this right, you will have a command prompt window ready to go!

After you have setup your new folder with ABD and Fastboot, you are ready to load the stock firmware to your Moto E! Download link is here

After you have downloaded your stock firmware, double check to make sure you have XT1526_Updated_SURNIA_BOOST_5.0.2_LXI22.50-14.6_cid9_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

Extract the contents of the file you downloaded to the folder where you put your ABD and Fastboot in.

Once you have everything ready to go, power down your phone and put it in bootloader mode. Hold power and volume down for a few seconds and you are there. Attach your USB cable from your PC to the phone and be ready to load several lines of code. Flash these codes in order. Copy and paste if you like in to your command prompt, one line at a time!

Code:
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot oem config carrier
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear

Once you have done this, restart your phone and wait a few minutes for the boot sequence to start. If you have done this right, your phone will be factory fresh with the stock firmware on it! :D

If I was able to help out, hit thanks! :good:

This is my first guide and I had to look everywhere to find out how to do this for Boost variants, and hopefully it is ok for everyone to use! :cool:

EDIT: I updated the download link. Sorry about that.

Or European/British version of same code[xt1506] work on my phone?
2ndly Filefactory is very slow pissed me off..after downlaod failed mroe than 20 times after 80-90% completion!!so ANY OTHER LINK FOR THE SAME.
tHANKS IN ADVANCE..

Reactions: faisal jee

Sean35

May 29, 2009
Thanks for the guide. I found that this partially works on my Virgin Mobile XT1526. Here is what happens:

With 5.0 S.6, it flashes and works, but there is no upgrade path from there. With S.8, cellular radio and wifi don't connect, despite both seeing their respective networks.

On 5.1, S.2 and S.8 work, but S.11 has the same problem as 5.01 S.8. This goes for both flashing S.11, and for upgrading from S.8.

While S.8 works fine, I wanted to find a way to get my phone back to the latest stock version. I used RSD Lite, and then was successful. I think the difference is that RSD Lite also flashes a carrier.img, as when I used that, I got back the Virgin Mobile activation app, which was absent whenever I flashed firmware using fastboot and the above guide.

Reactions: Sands207

Dvdxploitr

Mar 8, 2011
apparently you have to have either custom recovery or unlocked bootloader to be able to downgrade to 5.0.2

EVOO2

Feb 28, 2012
can flash I an appropriate fw and make this phone work on att LTE? This bootloader can be unlocked unlike att go phone version.

shadow2483

Feb 9, 2014
Hello all!

In an effort to try and help Boost Mobile users out, I have put together a stock restore guide for the Moto E 2015. There are other versions of a stock firmware guide, but those are for GSM and others not using CDMA. Here you will find steps to restore your Boost Mobile Moto E!

First off, I am NOT responsible for damaging your phone or any user error. USE THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

If you are here reading this guide, you have either bricked your device or just want to go back to the stock firmware. If you are using a custom recovery such as TWRP, any saved nandroid backups will be lost if saved on internal storage. This will factory load 5.0.2 Lollipop fresh out of the box the day you got your phone!

Firstly, you will need ABD and Fastboot and Motorola Device Manager. You can download Motorola Device Manager directly from here.

To use ABD and Fastboot, you will need to make a new folder and extract the zip to the new folder and name it fastboot. From there, you will need to launch a command window from that folder. The easiest way to do this is to to have that folder selected and Shift/right click and "Open command window here". From there, if you have done this right, you will have a command prompt window ready to go!

After you have setup your new folder with ABD and Fastboot, you are ready to load the stock firmware to your Moto E! Download link is here

After you have downloaded your stock firmware, double check to make sure you have XT1526_Updated_SURNIA_BOOST_5.0.2_LXI22.50-14.6_cid9_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

Extract the contents of the file you downloaded to the folder where you put your ABD and Fastboot in.

Once you have everything ready to go, power down your phone and put it in bootloader mode. Hold power and volume down for a few seconds and you are there. Attach your USB cable from your PC to the phone and be ready to load several lines of code. Flash these codes in order. Copy and paste if you like in to your command prompt, one line at a time!

Code:
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata

Once you have done this, restart your phone and wait a few minutes for the boot sequence to start. If you have done this right, your phone will be factory fresh with the stock firmware on it! :D

This is my first guide and I had to look everywhere to find out how to do this for Boost variants, and hopefully it is ok for everyone to use! :cool:

Can I please pretty please kindly get remote help with this i accidently did this to my grandpas phone , i know i shouldve thought before doing this and im sorry but he has heart complications and i just wanna put his phone back to normal anyone who sees this please lend a helping hand to remote connect and please forgive a noob and fool to doing this without the knowledge of what you guys have have pity on me.. im so sorry .. if you can help with this email wadew2186@gmail.com thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all!

Code:
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata

I have downloaded this and uploaded it to my dropbox. Sharing with my fellow XT1526 users: XT1526_Updated_SURNIA_BOOST_5.0.2_LXI22.50-14.6_cid9_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
    Thanks. I may try this, but not until after I flash cyanogen 12. That won't be until they get LTE working on CDMA Boost Mobile variant.

Also, why do you need to have Motorola Device Manager?

Motorola Device Manager installs all the drivers you need for the phone.
    Hey, this forum looks really helpful, but unfortunately the stock firmware zip link isn't working for me. Is there any other place that you might suggest getting it from? I do have two of the same phone if it's possible to retrieve the firmware from another one, but I wiped my first one which is why I'm here in the first place. Thanks!

*EDIT: Hey, no worries, I found another file of the same type, but I can't post the link yet. (Follow the Moto E 2015 thread to general to "| Read Before You Flash | Unlock | Restore | Stock Firmware |," follow the link there, and find the other, newer, XT1526 file.) I just installed the drivers, got the minimal adb/fastboot zip, and followed the commands given above. Thanks for your help, everything is fixed now, even my service is back!
    Thanks for the guide. I found that this partially works on my Virgin Mobile XT1526. Here is what happens:

With 5.0 S.6, it flashes and works, but there is no upgrade path from there. With S.8, cellular radio and wifi don't connect, despite both seeing their respective networks.

On 5.1, S.2 and S.8 work, but S.11 has the same problem as 5.01 S.8. This goes for both flashing S.11, and for upgrading from S.8.

While S.8 works fine, I wanted to find a way to get my phone back to the latest stock version. I used RSD Lite, and then was successful. I think the difference is that RSD Lite also flashes a carrier.img, as when I used that, I got back the Virgin Mobile activation app, which was absent whenever I flashed firmware using fastboot and the above guide.