Moto Display Media Controls Google Music Fix

Search This thread

mastarifla

Oct 3, 2010
Dallas, TX
Hey Guys,

I saw some people on r/MotoX that were upset that Motorola hasn't fixed this, so I had a bit of free time tonight and took the time and fixed this myself...

Instructions
  1. Download the modified MotoDisplay_3.0.apk to your phone
  2. Open your system\priv-app\MotoDisplay_3.0 folder and rename the original MotoDisplay_3.0.apk to MotoDisplay_3.0.apk.bak
  3. Move the downloaded MotoDisplay_3.0.apk to the system\priv-app\MotoDisplay_3.0 folder
  4. Edit the permissions to be 0644 (rw-r--r--)
  5. Reboot phone and then open Google Music
  6. Play a song then turn off your screen
  7. Touch the screen then move up, you should see the Back Pause and Forward buttons
  8. Enjoy the fixed version!

If you found this useful, please think about donating, as it will help me bring more cool features to our phone :)

Edit: New modified version, should work now for all!

Edit2: Added Moto X Play version as well

_

Attachments

• MotoDisplay_3.0.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 279
Last edited:

Sal R.

Mar 5, 2010
Took a chance and tried this on my X Style (Pure). Didn't work. Just FC.

*bummed*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

I saw some people on r/MotoX that were upset that Motorola hasn't fixed this, so I had a bit of free time tonight and took the time and fixed this myself...

Instructions
    1. Download the modified MotoDisplay_3.0.apk to your phone
    2. Open your system\priv-app\MotoDisplay_3.0 folder and rename the original MotoDisplay_3.0.apk to MotoDisplay_3.0.apk.bak
    3. Move the downloaded MotoDisplay_3.0.apk to the system\priv-app\MotoDisplay_3.0 folder
    4. Edit the permissions to be 0644 (rw-r--r--)
    5. Reboot phone and then open Google Music
    6. Play a song then turn off your screen
    7. Touch the screen then move up, you should see the Back Pause and Forward buttons
    8. Enjoy the fixed version!

If you found this useful, please think about donating, as it will help me bring more cool features to our phone :)

Edit: New modified version, should work now for all!

Edit2: Added Moto X Play version as well

_