Remove All Ads from XDA
Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: TWRP 2.8.3.x, 2.8.4.x and 3.0.…
3rd March 2016, 11:31 PM
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 695

Donate to Me
More
I Got the background image working in 3.0.0-0.
I Got the background image working in 3.0.0-0. I will be able to recreate my older themes now !! Attached is a working background image...not real pretty...but can be used as a base...lol.

Screenshot5

How To: Add Background Image to TWRP Theme
Open the ui.xml with notepad++ or similar and add the lines arrowed and in brackets in the locations pictured below. The image line can be entered anywhere in the resources area of XML as pictured below
Resources

The next part of the XML locates the Image in the theme. Enter the lines in the XML as pictured below.
Placement

You must then add the background.png to the "images" folder of the theme you are working on. The Image must match the resolution of the theme xml that you are using. In my case it is 1080x1920.
Rezip you modded theme with 7zip or similar and save it as “your theme name_ui.zip” or similar.
That is it. Install the modded theme as required to be recognized by the TWRP you have install on your device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-03-17-13-07_720.jpg
Views:	2150
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	3669361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Background Resource XML.png
Views:	2132
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	3673211   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image Placement XML.png
Views:	2102
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	3673212  
Attached Files
File Type: zip LtBLUE_BACKGROUND_ui.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.96 MB, 260 views)
File Type: docx How To Background Image in TWRP Theme.docx - [Click for QR Code] (134.9 KB, 142 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to manbat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manbat Ad-Free