[StockBased][Linaro6.2.1][.236] OK Kernel V8.3 FINAL/multirom updated 06.08.2017

Search This thread

GudduAmbi052829

Nov 26, 2015
Sonipat
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
REQUEST!

Thanks. :)
I'm getting V6 ready. I think I might release it on sunday night, but I can't promise. I've improved camera speed, reduced touchscreen latency - it responds to touch faster now, even further improved entropy (more performance and battery) and I'm actually trying to implement vibrator control, in fact I already did, but for some reason I can't get it visible in kernel adiutor yet. :rolleyes:

Before any new version is released I upload my code to github, you can see all the stuff I'm doing and stuff I'm working on https://github.com/olokos/OK-Kernel-Z1-LP/commits/14.6.A.0.xxx :highfive:

PS. I just edited 1st post. It now contains information on what to do in case of a bootloop.
PS#2. Post 3 now contains screenshots. My kernel deep sleep is the first photo, taken just yesterday.

Please can u make it with Sony stock kernel image!

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
Unrelated, but instead of saying that every other kernel sucks, try leave constructive feedback in their respective threads instead of being rude like that. Also, learn to search and look around and you may find something to help you solve your issues :)

Also to the folks who tried removing wp_mod and didn't work, it's because the XZ dual recovery thing keeps re-copying it into this folder at boot from another directory. Looking through the dual recovery scripts, I found the file at /system/.XZDUALRECOVERY/xbin/ which you should probably delete. Be aware the folder has a dot prefix so you need to select 'show hidden folders' or w/e from the file manager.
Sent from my C6903 using XDA Forums
**unrelated**
my friend,
I didn't meant to be rude at all..and i searched and tried too many other kernels(which i dont name here) but all of them( after 2nd lolli update) will crash and restart the device(at least on my z1) so many times! but my experience on this kernel ,says that its a flawless kernel with good stability.
and i was i'll be so excited to try and know how to come back to this kernel!
thats all..it was it! and you were so right about the feedback for those kernels...there are 2 things i should mention... 1. some of those has a long way to reach these kernels which is more obvious to motivate these devs 2. the z1 dev part activities is somehow decreased so there are no way to stick at the bests... thats all
btw thanks for your reply and attention and i really didnt ment to be rude

Reactions: olokos

->---

Nov 10, 2012
Wien
How is that with the stock kernels. I mostly used CM based ROMs and kernels. So I am not sure if I can use this kernel still on my 14.6.A.1.216 ROM because the headline of the thread says .236?

Edit: Working.
There are some things that would really be a benefit to your kernel as I think. I read about them in the modders guide and used them on other kernels with great improvements to battery life.
- TCP algorithm Westwood (for speed)
- I/O scheduler SIO (balance speed/battery life)
- Hotplug driver Alucard (I always had spontaneous reboots or freezes with intelliplug in irregular timely distances on different ROMs)

Last edited:

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
How is that with the stock kernels. I mostly used CM based ROMs and kernels. So I am not sure if I can use this kernel still on my 14.6.A.1.216 ROM because the headline of the thread says .236?

Edit: Working.
There are some things that would really be a benefit to your kernel as I think. I read about them in the modders guide and used them on other kernels with great improvements to battery life.
- TCP algorithm Westwood (for speed)
- I/O scheduler SIO (balance speed/battery life)
- Hotplug driver Alucard (I always had spontaneous reboots or freezes with intelliplug in irregular timely distances on different ROMs)

It's mostly allright to just use updated kernel on older Sony ROMs that are the same android version. Update 216->236 was very small.
not sure about TCP algo/IO Scheduler, but I'll check on those, thanks.
You should really try intelliplug in my kernel. It's the latest 4.0 version from latest faux123 source, Implemented manually all the code it needs for Honami to run properly. Try the eco conservative mode, works best for me for a few months now.

Please guys on MX Rom etc. roms that wouldn't boot check my kernel HEREand tell me if it now doesn't bootloop for you.

Last edited:

->---

Nov 10, 2012
Wien
It's mostly allright to just use updated kernel on older Sony ROMs that are the same android version. Update 216->236 was very small.
not sure about TCP algo/IO Scheduler, but I'll check on those, thanks.
You should really try intelliplug in my kernel. It's the latest 4.0 version from latest faux123 source, Implemented manually all the code it needs for Honami to run properly. Try the eco conservative mode, works best for me for a few months now.

Please guys on MX Rom etc. roms that wouldn't boot check my kernel HEREand tell me if it now doesn't bootloop for you.

I am already using intelliplug. It's just good to have an alternative if something is not working as expected. But no hangs or reboots so far, so maybe whatever it was is already fixed.
The guide linked to in my signature has really great information about kernel tuning options. All with comparisons and graphs.
One thing that was a bit disturbing was the TWRP recovery. I had the latest 2.8.7.0 build on it but after the kernel flash it was 2.8.4.0. Because I also have a graphics mod on it, the TWRP did not work correctly afterwards. The slider button was placed in the middle of the screen and I would had to put it far beyond screen space to get it doing its job. So I had to reupgrade it via app. Maybe you can upgrade the recovery for the next version or just leave it untouched? I know that there is already 3.0 out, but I think 2.8.7.0 is the most common until now.

Spirit of Mirrors

Mar 22, 2016
Hey, I have the same issue at the post #89. After flash kernel (version v5) I can run only recovery.

-Xperia Z1 c6902
-stock .236 (in the future I'll flash dstriker sp002)
-unlocked Bootloader
-root by Kingroot v4.80
-TWRP 3.0

I restored stock kernel .216 and generated kmsg.txt file.

Please @olokos for analyse.

Attachments

• kmsg.txt
    50.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Bad news...

Hello guys,

I am sorry to announce, but I've been trying to implement my band unlocker into the kernel in v5. Unfortunately that causes IMEI blacklisting after few months, your phone will appear as stolen. Even if you flashed it only once. Once again I'm sorry. :(

APRIL FOOLS! :D I don't think that would even be possible :) I'm still working on V6 and fixing some boot issues. I'd never try to release anything risky or unstable.

Last edited:

Light_Soul

Jan 15, 2012
Moscow
Deep sleep from 5th march 2016 kernel v5.5

23mPB6wn.png
Can you upload for us 5.5 version of kernel? Or this version from this message? And if my phone boot with 5.0 vesion, what kernel is better?
BETA VERSION FOR PEOPLE WITH PHONES THAT WONT BOOT WITH MY KERNEL, FLASH AND REPORT IF IT FIXED IT PLEASE!
http://d-h.st/yX29
Thank you for your work!:cowboy:

Reactions: dhana999

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
V6 update! :)

As I said before, v6 was about to be released and it finally is now! :) It brings massive improvements. One of the things is updated toolchain from linaro 4.7.4 (06.2014) to linaro 5.2 (11.2015). There are loads of other things I changed and added, but I'm too tired to do a proper changelog. Hopefully I'll update first post tomorrow. For now, you'll have to check my github page or just flash it and see for yourself if there's a difference between v5 and v6. :)

https://basketbuild.com/devs/olokos/Kernel-Stock-LP
Basketbuild is pretty good. :D

Please post some feedback ;)

dhana999

May 12, 2012
Sri lanka
As I said before, v6 was about to be released and it finally is now! :) It brings massive improvements. One of the things is updated toolchain from linaro 4.7.4 (06.2014) to linaro 5.2 (11.2015). There are loads of other things I changed and added, but I'm too tired to do a proper changelog. Hopefully I'll update first post tomorrow. For now, you'll have to check my github page or just flash it and see for yourself if there's a difference between v5 and v6. :)

thanks flashing now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys! :)

My work on Z1 is done. I will provide little to no support. I moved on to S8+

Some of you may have tried my custom kernel, I have now made another one (I've been running it for like half a year, couldn't decide whether to release it or not).

With this kernel I put stability on first place, then battery life, then performance. Don't expect flashy stuff. If it breaks anything or is cumbersome to implement then I won't do that.
    Changelog:

Changes in V8.3:
    Fixup code indentation to get rid of all the warnings during compilation.
    Final release

Changes in V8.2:
    Disable selinux spam in dmesg, it's permissive so AVC messages are unnecessary. That should improve both performance and battery, might not matter at all.
    Replaced most of MMC code with one plus one's, that should massively improve internal memory handling.
    Replaced the entire qdsp6v2 code with OPO's - this improved mic a million, speakers also seem to work better
    Reworked cpu calculations a bit

Changes in V8/1:
    Fixed most of sdcard issues - it is now the best kernel to use with SDcards
    Replaced most of outdated camera code with One Plus One code, which should improve camera usage massively.

Changes in V7.5(unreleased):
    Fixup code formatting
    Enable booting with idle GPU freq - 27MHz
    Enable stereo call recording thanks @DooMLoRD
    Update prima/pronto (wifi drivers) to latest ones
    Remove WiFi debugging - useless, provides better battery and performance
    Fix NEON and VFP functions to work earlier on boot
    Implemented Adreno Idler - helps with GPU Idling
    Simple GPU Algorithm by @faux123 - this enables better GPU freq scaling
    Implemented msm-sleeper, that allows for lower CPU freqs and less used cores with screen off.
    Fixup of fast-charge
    better handling of powersuspend based on display state

Changes in V7:
    Implemented Intellithermal_v2
    Added fast charge as requested, I didn't see much change in charging times to be honest and people have said its not safe to use, but it's there.
    Possibly brought back breathing notifications.

Changes in V6.5:
    Updated toolchain to linaro 6.2.1
    Use hard float and neon FPU - this might provide quite an improvement to overall performance and battery life
    Update device ramdisk to actual .236 - all booting issues should be gone along with update nagging
    Update TWRP to 3.2

Changes in V6.2:
    New bootlogo by IRL friend.

Changes in V6.1:
    This is mostly a bugfixing version
    Added additional last_kmsg support
    MX ROM users - PLEASE SEND LAST_KMSG from this version, it still won't boot yet, so make a backup of your previous kernel in TWRP!

New features in V6:
    TWRP 3.0.0.0 (No multirom version yet, let me know if you really need it!)
    3x faster int sqrt
    selinux fixes
    Bigger interval of battery level check
    More conservative readahead
    Send one packet at a time for touchscreen
    Power efficient work queues (better cpu task queuing)
    Low memory killer - starts caring about high ram
    Faster camera startup and operation
    Memory aligning to sector size
    GPU optimization flags
    Better managment of writing files back to memory
    CPU freq/gov fixes
    msm limiter - allows for better limiting of cpu freq
    Update wifi driver (supposedly)
    Update toolchain to Linaro 5.2, latest stable Linaro toolchain!
    Change display colors to get less yellowish/warm colors thanks @tomascus !
    Please go into white balance in system and reduce blue to around 110 for better white.
    GCC 5 cortex a15 CPU optimizations
    Notification LED API, from now on it's pulsing instead of blinking on notification
    Remove RIC from ramdisk init (this should fix booting issues for some)
    Removed few unused defconfig entries
    Boost CPU freq when migrating threads from one cpu to another
    From V6 I'm packing ramdisk on every kernel build
    Using latest sony mkqcdtbootimg, that should improve stuff with boot.img DT's.
    Noop is a default I/O sched. It's very good for spindleless disks (Flash memory, SSD's)
    Force permissive selinux at all times. It won't go to restrictive anymore.
    use memcpy, memmove, copy_page memory optimizations for MSM8974.
    Fixed idle cpu calculations
    Lots of EXT4 filesystem fixes
    Very optimize
    Much fast
    So battery
    Wow
    New features in V5:
    • Further improved sdcard speed
    • Now compiling Prima WiFi driver with kernel. Faster and more stable WiFi.
    • New governor - Intelli MinMax - my favourite for now
    • Finally implemented Intelliplug 4.0 - default hotplug mpdecision replacement by faux123
    • Corrected notification LED brightness levels
    • Cleaned up the source a bit

Features of V4:
    • latest 14.6.A.1.216 source code
    • Enabled higher eMMC frequencies
    • disabled cpu boost on screen wakeup
    • optimized code to get lower CPU usage overall (not by removing anything or slowing stuff down!)
    • very low minimum screen brightness on the minimal brightness (disable automatic brightness for that and move slider all the way to the left)
    • Faux's Sound control
    • Kcal Color control
    • RIC disabled by default
    • corrected reported GPU frequency
    • conservative and ondemand optimizations
    • Venkat Kamesh's ramdisk that allows flawless multiboot + my own bootlogo (pretty funny :) )
    • General performance improvements
    • gpu optimizations
    • optimized for Cortex A15 cores (just like krait)
    • Linaro 4.8 toolchain instead of the GCC 4.7
    • OOM optimizations
    • memory optimizations
    • stability fixes
    • general performance improvements
    • intelliactive governor
    • config.gz viewable in /proc
    • Nvidia Shield cpu power patches - great battery improvement
    • added new, shiny quickwakeup and powersuspend drivers that help improving battery life even further
    • MultiRom Support
    • MultiRom TWRP
    • Fixed in kernel random numbers generation - seeder is completely not needed with my kernel. :)

Download:
    V8.3 here - 25.07.2017
    V8.3 MULTIROM TWRP here - 06.08.2017
    Previous versions

If you get a bootloop, random reboot, whatever, ALWAYS send me last_kmsg log - PRESS HERE for a guide on how to do this, if you don't do that, I won't fix it. Any post with something like "REBOOT, HALP PLS' or "BOOTLOOP, NO WORK" will be reported and then removed.

If you installed XZDR recovery before, some custom rom or you're just not coming from a stock clean rom,please flash THIS before flashing my kernel. It will remove RIC and remnants of XZDR recovery which prevents kernels from booting. Thanks to @venkat kamesh for original script and thanks to @Snp Mania2 for figuring out the problem! :)

Source code

OK Kernel V4 checksums
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FzWHKrxt.png

Many thanks to:
    @venkat kamesh for his awesome ramdisk, I would be bashing my head on the wall trying to get multirom to work if not him.
    @Tommy-Geenexus for getting my buildscript to work and for his awesome code. He made building the kernel a bliss for me.
    @faux123 too many to point out
    @DirtyUnicorn team for some commits.
    Propably others that I forgot to mention. I will update credits soon.

As always, you do everything at your own risk.

Enjoy! :highfive:
    Thank you guys for all the journey we've had together. I got a Samsung Galaxy S8+ now and I will develop for that in the nearest future. It made me sad that something I worked on for 11 hours each day for 2 days only got used by 40 people and just 3 reached out to me. My phone is slowly ending its life with eMMC wear going bad and it's just simply time to move on.

Thanks to everybody, I hope to see you on S8+ forums guys, cheers! :)
    Here's my configuration in Kernel Adiutor geared towards battery life while still being pretty smooth. buttery smooth on v5

My OK Kernel v4 configuration http://imgur.com/gallery/vXPUE
    My OK Kernel v5 configuration http://imgur.com/a/m8gl6
    V6 update! :)

Bad news...

Hello guys,

I am sorry to announce, but I've been trying to implement my band unlocker into the kernel in v5. Unfortunately that causes IMEI blacklisting after few months, your phone will appear as stolen. Even if you flashed it only once. Once again I'm sorry. :(

APRIL FOOLS! :D I don't think that would even be possible :) I'm still working on V6 and fixing some boot issues. I'd never try to release anything risky or unstable.