Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nathanchance

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
For many months I have vicariously been living through you all by following this thread intently. UNTIL TODAY!!! Much like @az_biker I came from a Note 3 running AllianceROM on Verizon. But now I've got my own 6P baby!

Today I got the phone (drove 40 minutes to pick it up from the FedEx depot), updated to 6.0.1, updated to MHC19I, unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP, installed Pure Nexus, updated to SuperSu 2.68, and got AP running. @nathanchance made the process a breeze thanks to his documentation. I'll donate to Beans but I want to also donate to the unsung hero, Nathan Chance. Can you cough up your PayPal info? PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it in here. I know you have a Nexus 6 and it would be awesome if enough forum people donated to get you a 6P if you want one. :highfive:

I truly appreciate the offer, I really do :) how about giving whatever you would give me to Beans as well? The guy is the one who makes my help and everything possible, I'm just the goon squad lol. I'm pretty content with my Shamu actually, Angler may be in the future eventually though. However, I'll never leave this thread as I love the community too much plus Beans is one of the most solid devs around.

Edit: just realized this is in the wrong thread (they all blur together at times), this is the Nexus 6 one.

Last edited:

clambert11

May 16, 2008
East Coast USA
Thanks @BeansTown106 for all that you do. Donation sent.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I truly appreciate the offer, I really do :) how about giving whatever you would give me to Beans as well? The guy is the one who makes my help and everything possible, I'm just the goon squad lol. I'm pretty content with my Shamu actually, Angler may be in the future eventually though. However, I'll never leave this thread as I love the community too much plus Beans is one of the most solid devs around.

Edit: just realized this is in the wrong thread (they all blur together at times), this is the Nexus 6 one.

Meh, crap. How the hell did I end up doing that. I must have hit this one when I search for the FAQ. Damn. Guess I'll delete it and move it over. My bad. Sorry.

Reactions: BeansTown106

kwdan

May 1, 2011
Redford mi
I'm on the latest version with stock kernel. I have magpie layers installed but it doesn't touch YouTube. I've noticed that when I watch YouTube in portrait mode the video stutter and pauses, but when I switch to landscape it plays normally. Anyone else having this problem?

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
I see! I'm with Layers for now... It's pretty awesome... Not CMTE awesome but awesome still

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You see what? I was wondering if there's documentation available for each with a "Here's all the possible things you COULD theme". I know that's not a PureNexus question so much as an beginning themer's question, but it was more a result of the statement that CMTE is superior to Layers. This may or may not be true, but I have never looked into them to see which has more potential to change the way our phone's look and feel.

AWelshHooligan777

Mar 20, 2016
Signal Icon not working

Hello all, Just installed a clean install of Pure Nexus....everything installed perfectly, I have a signal icon but it doesn't let me know what the signal strength is or if I'm in LTE OR 3G. I searched the thread for this but didn't see anyone having this issue.....Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

I am receiving texts and phone is making calls with no issue

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
In case anyone else has this problem I fixed it by going into twrp and clearing dalvic/cache.

This is a really good ROM, thanks for your efforts!
Actually, it's a Theme Engine issue. There's no need to take the nuclear option here of wiping the entire cache partition however. Force closing the keyboard and clearing its cache resolves the problem until the next time it occurs.

Reactions: raiderep

Gr8Jeepin

Nov 20, 2011
Syracuse
Wow.... I've been away from flashing for a little while. I'm currently on the Jan 9th build. Yeah I know. Could someone give me the skinny on this CMTE build. I don't use layers. Just wondering what build I should update to.
Thanks in advance.

Admiral2145

Sep 28, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6
Does anyone else get ridiculously long "PureNexus is starting... optimizing app x of xxx" after boots?

I have xposed installed, I think that might be doing it
Not because of xposed... That only happens after my 1st boot. Android n is get rid of that I've heard btw.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Wow.... I've been away from flashing for a little while. I'm currently on the Jan 9th build. Yeah I know. Could someone give me the skinny on this CMTE build. I don't use layers. Just wondering what build I should update to.
Thanks in advance.
Cmte is another theme engine from cm.... I'm running it and it's great so far however, if you don't really run themes then you'll never know the difference.

Reactions: Gr8Jeepin

isamu982

Dec 6, 2013
plus.google.com
38bdd5d474027041b5344ec3b1c13775.jpg
48ee7fce3e4b49c1bec2532855fc29ee.jpg

Sorry if this has been answered, but I've looked through the op and FAQ with no success. Is this normal?

Clean flash and stock ROM kernel

mo2002

Mar 17, 2009
Southern California
Has anyone ever experienced blank text when replying? I'm using the CMTE build and some themes do this when replying. One did it when I would use the quick reply for SMS, another did it when replying using Facebook Messenger.

I just installed another theme and the issue hasn't arose but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had something similar? I also found out it only happens if you change the style.

1b87fbc3e488c849dbe1138778af30b1.jpg

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
Actually, it's a Theme Engine issue. There's no need to take the nuclear option here of wiping the entire cache partition however. Force closing the keyboard and clearing its cache resolves the problem until the next time it occurs.
Are there any themes that don't cause this for cmte or does it effect them all? Not really a big deal just a minor annoyance. Thanks for the reply!

nathanchance

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
Has anyone ever experienced blank text when replying? I'm using the CMTE build and some themes do this when replying. One did it when I would use the quick reply for SMS, another did it when replying using Facebook Messenger.

I just installed another theme and the issue hasn't arose but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had something similar? I also found out it only happens if you change the style.

Well if you are having problems with certain themes, let the themers know since either they can't theme it (hard-coded text) or they have to change something.

Reactions: mo2002

CyberpodS2

Mar 27, 2012
NE Pennsylvania Boonies
Not specifically to the Rom but maybe you guys have an idea... I'm in an area where lte is strong enough that the phone keeps the connection but signal is very unstable. Is there a way to force 3g?

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

1b87fbc3e488c849dbe1138778af30b1.jpg

Coming from an S5 before this I'm very familiar with black on black and white on white theming issues. Many times the devs need to redo the changes after every update as the app devs keep changing stuff. I would start with the theme dev like stated above. And give them the screen cap like you did here as that makes it real easy for them to locate exactly what you are referring to.

Reactions: mo2002

githyanki

Mar 11, 2009
Edmonton
Not specifically to the Rom but maybe you guys have an idea... I'm in an area where lte is strong enough that the phone keeps the connection but signal is very unstable. Is there a way to force 3g?

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Coming from an S5 before this I'm very familiar with black on black and white on white theming issues. Many times the devs need to redo the changes after every update as the app devs keep changing stuff. I would start with the theme dev like stated above. And give them the screen cap like you did here as that makes it real easy for them to locate exactly what you are referring to.

What radio are you on? There's a few different ones to try that may give you better signal. Nathanchance has a link to some in the faq I think.
In settings, more, cellular networks you can set the preferred network type. It's not quick of you want to change back and forth. Perhaps a Tasker profile could change that for you when you're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][N6][7.1.2_r24]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum | Fi | WiFi Calling ★[07/25/17]

QNtLLPxh.png

The Pure Nexus Project

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    The Pure Nexus Project aims to bring stability and features to your Nexus device, while keeping Google's vision in line and not straying too far away from that. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features and minimal bugs, then this is the place to be.

Features:
    Code:
    [COLOR="#1976D2"]-General[/COLOR]
    *All stock Nexus features working!!(WiFi calling, Project Fi, VoLte)
    *Based on AOSP Android 7.1.2_r24
    *Busybox, and Init.d support
    *Googles Pixel sounds and OEM wallpapers from factory images
    *Googles Pixel theme and Pixel navbar animation
    *Bug fix's and stability improvements
    *UI Improvements (fixed a bunch google forgot to materialize)
    *Rootless Substratum OMS Theme Engine support
    *ADB enhancements (ADB over wifi, Hide ADB icon, colored logcat "abd logcat -C")
    *Enabled Developer settings by default
    *Enabled Night mode for all devices
    *Enabled App ops
    *Custom night light brightness options
    *Disabled forced encryption
    *Disabled tether provision checks
    *Made preselectable item clickable in app picker dialog
    *Added download speed in notification
    *Added Advanced Reboot menu
    *Added Advanced screenshot functionality (longpress tile/power menu for selectable screenshot)
    *Added back volume adjust sounds and toggle
    *Added advanced rotation control and lockscreen rotation toggle
    *Added ability to lock app in landscape via rotation tile
    *Added advanced charging sound controls
    *Added advanced seekbar style animation controls
    *Added Quick setting header Longpress actions
    *Added ability to see app version when sideloading app
    *Added app package name to app info screen
    *Added ability to launch app when touching app icon in app info screen
    *Added phone info shortcut to about phone/status on top
    *Added dynamic vendor image notification
    *Added additional battery saver trigger steps
    *Added ability to unlink notification volume from ringer volume
    *Added Increasing ringtone option
    *Added Proximity Speakerphone and dialer lookup
    *Added Group support in contacts
    *Removed googles SystemUpdate option
    *Removed googles legal information

[COLOR="#1976D2"]-PureNexus Settings[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="red"]Lock Screen[/COLOR]
    *Lockscreen item option(time, date, alarm text toggles & Clock font style)
    *Double tap anywhere to sleep
    *Long press power for torch
    *Option to disable lockscreen media art
    *Option to scramble the pin entry layout
    *Option to disable the pin ripple background when entering lockscren pin
    *Option to disable fingerprint success vibration
    [COLOR="red"]Notification Drawer[/COLOR]
    *quick settings pulldown (left,right,always)
    *smart pulldown (no ongoing, no dismissable, no notifications)
    *advanced quick settings easy toggle
    *Brightness slider on/off toggle
    *Haptic feedback on quick setting on/off toggle
    *ability to disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
    *ability to disable the quick settings title text
    *ability to change number of quick settings columns
    *ability to change the amount of rows in quick settings
    *ability to set contexual or custom header images
    [COLOR="red"]Recent apps[/COLOR]
    *immersive recents
    *kill all fab
    *kill all fab location
    [COLOR="red"]Statusbar[/COLOR]
    *Battery customization(percentage/icon style)
    *sync battery icon with quick settings tile
    *Battery bar options(location, color, style, thickness, animation)
    *Carrier Label customization(placement, text)
    *Clock customization(show clock, show seconds, alignment, ampm, date, date style, date position, date format)
    *Network traffic meter options(enable, display units, update interval, hide arrows, auto hide, inactivity threshold)
    *Statusbar icon blacklist
    *Double tap on statusbar to sleep
    *Status bar brightness control
    *Status bar notification count
    *Status bar bluetooth battery meter toggle
    [COLOR="red"]Navigation Bar[/COLOR]
    *Navbar toggle and Height/width options
    *Navigation bar tuner
    *Pixel navbar animation toggle
    *Ability to enable one handed mode
    *Ability to enabe double tap to sleep
    *longpress back to kill
    *configurable longpress back to kill timeout
    [COLOR="red"]PowerMenu[/COLOR]
    *Option to disable on secure lock
    *Add/remove (reboot, screenshot, screen-record, torch, airplane mode, user switcher,settings shortcut, search, voice search, lock now, sound panel)
    [COLOR="red"]Volume Rocker[/COLOR]
    *Volume keys control media volume
    *Volume key wake
    *Volume key music control
    *Volume key orientation swap
    *Volume key keyboard cursor control
    *Volume up and power action (screen record/selectable screenshot)
    *Volume down to enter do not disturb
    *Volume up to exit do not disturb
    *Do not disturb volume panel switch
    *Volume steps customization
    [COLOR="red"]Display[/COLOR]
    *expanded desktop options
    *option to enable/disable wake on plug
    *3 finger swipe for screenshot toggle
    *Battery and Notification LED controls
    [COLOR="red"]Media & Notifications[/COLOR]
    *Ability to turn off vibration when double tapping power button for camera
    *Power notification controls
    *Peeking notification option(on/off, timeout, snooze length)
    *low battery notification toggle
    [COLOR="red"]Miscellaneous[/COLOR]
    *ability to enable app icon on toast
    *force enable or disable scrolling cache
    *incall vibration options

Downloads & Changelog:

Credits & Thanks:

The Cheeky Bastards - Bajasur, Dwitherell, DaveyAnnihalation, Surge1223!!!
    The PureNexus Moderators - MicMars, Kris Nelson, Nathan Chance
    The PureNexus Beta and Themer groups
    The CyanogenMod Community
    Dirty Unicorns
    SlimRoms
    OmniRom
    Euphoria-OS
    And all other open source Devs/Teams i may have missed!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][N6][7.1.2_r24]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum | Fi | WiFi Calling ★[07/25/17], ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    BeansTown106, dwitherell
    Source Code: https://github.com/PureNexusProject

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-25

Created 2015-07-02
    Last Updated 2017-07-26
    Useful Links:
    Detailed Installation instructions (By @nathanchance) http://goo.gl/B1XUru
    Frequently Asked Questions (By @nathanchance) http://goo.gl/BdzZaH
    PureNexus User Signatures (By @malybru) http://goo.gl/eBJwEK
    Well after a bit of an absence while rebuilding the rom from scratch for 7.0 i am finally pleased to announce the return of PureNexus!!

a couple things to note:
    *not all mods from marshmallow will be in the first build so be patient as i add your favorite mods, etc!
    *as of right now the rom only has substratum legacy support. will update to full blown substratum as the stability increases for N!
    *changelog doesnt display anything for this first build as all changes are listed on github/xda op, changelog will be back next release!

ok, Lets get to the goodies!!

10/10 PureNexus Shamu Update is Live!!!

Download Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224383877

Updated Gapps Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224383656

As always if you like my work dont forget to hit that thanks button.
    Donations are always appreciated but never required, I am only posting the link for convenience, Donate link
    New 7.1.1 Build!! this is a huge release a ton of changes and fixs made it into this one

fyi the thread is kind of a mess imo since the rebase last build, i will be giving it a makover after release

OK, Lets get to the goodies!!

01/06 Pure Nexus Shamu Update is Live!!!

Download Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224410780

Gapps Download: https://goo.gl/idK1eL

Gapps XDA thread: http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-dynamic-gapps-t3487192

Dont forget to check the changelog Changelog!!

As always if you like my work dont forget to hit that thanks button.
    Donations are always appreciated but never required, I am only posting the link for convenience, Donate link