[Rom][5.1.1][N5 Port][05.05.2016] [Multi-DPI] Phronesis Rom v6.5 Feature Rich

Search This thread

likeorigami

Mar 27, 2016
Hey guys,
I'm using a N900W8 (Canadian) note 3 and I've tried flashing the rom 4 times, but each time the device would reboot back into Lollipop. What should I do?

hornus

May 17, 2008
backlight issue

Has anyone problem with the screen backlight sensor? My one works only for a while and then switches itself off.

nickolo

Apr 9, 2007
I have searched this thread but not found anything about a little thing i just noticed.If you have the camera open and are ready to take a photo at the same time you get a message the screen starts to flicker like crazy.(note 4 cam) Anybody else noticed the same ?

Unetwork

Apr 28, 2012
Sofia
www.3b-video.com
thanks team for this rock stable rom, works great and battery life has been improved, very fast, I am happy!
The only thing that I don't understand is why its sudden inside [about this phone] a Note5?

Last edited:

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
thanks team for this rock stable rom, works great and battery life has been improved, very fast, I am happy!
The only thing that I don't understand is why its sudden inside [about this phone] a Note5?
Because if you will make the rom think you have note3 many things will work badly. The rom is working correctly only if it works on note5.

Phronesis team member

pipo600

May 30, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
The one I downloaded was 1 hour ago did he make a newer build?
Edit: now I saw the new build it's for lollipop 5.0
TouchWiz not note 5 port
Edit 2: all sensors working fine in this build

Attachments

• 1459166944812.jpg
    1459166944812.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 834
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Phronesis Rom Series, Here we go again....we are known for our professionalism and excellence because "We Know How"

Here we again present you with one the best N5 Port you will ever or have ever had on your phone. The Phronesis N5 Port has been in existence since the last 6 weeks and has undergone many iterations. I and the team has been working hard behind the curtain to make it one of the best ever. It's stable, solid, feature rich and full of customisation you will ever want. Note 5 users will probably want to give away their phone to get Note 3 just to use the Phronesis N5 Port for N3.....no kidding!

This Port and other N5 port probably wouldn't have been possible without the tremendous effort of my dear friend @darkera13 who spent countless hours in making this dream a reality. You sincerely have our respect, hat off to you my friend.

This rom could be seen as collections of best goodies around put together by capable expertise of the Phronesis Team in person of my very dear friends @filchi756, @DaOldMan and @plumzup67 while I remain the captain of the ship.

This thread should be seen as family thread where our aim is to spread love and respect. Always be courteous to others and ask for help in a manner that people will be willing to help you. Please respect my team members as we are doing this for fun spending countless hours to make things perfect and not requesting any financial support, we will never ask you...

Credit to the following wonderful friends:

1. @filchi756 - You will surely want to have him as your right-hand man. Always truthful, understandable, committed and very friendly. You're such a wonderful person and a perfect gentleman, I sometimes try to emulate you my friend. This Phronesis Rom Series wouldn't have been in existence without you, always encouraging me to start something. He is responsible for most of the visual customization you're about to enjoy on this rom. Thank you my dear friend. Do expect more from him:good:
    2. @DaOldMan - You're just amazing mate......always on the phone and telegram to offer suggestion and assistance. He is just a trouble maker and trouble finder....and trouble fixer as well. Always looking out for bugs with the view of helping out with resolving them. This Rom evolve more into perfection because of you. All RTL users using this rom should be thankful to you as you made it fully RTL friendly. I will forever be grateful to @daxgirl for bringing you my way my friend.
    3. @Logel - A gentle and amazing individual. Thanks for making sure that Phronesis rom series are always bug free through effective testing and technical support.
    4. @darkera13 - Thanks for giving us permission to use your base. Your hard work is really appreciated. You provided a base to work with for everyone
    5. @lijianjunyonghu - One of the best around. Many thanks my friend for always making things possible
    6. My dear friend @daxgirl. You're just amazing person, always willing to help and very friendly. I will surely look out to buy you coffee whenever I come visiting......I sure will! I truly sometimes wonder how far you've come, knowing we all started together as newbie. Thanks for your toolbox app and addtoggle app.
    7. @silitek - what a blessing you've been to us. Your design skill stands out. And always willing to listen and help. A complete gentleman you are my friend. Thanks for making our official wallpaper and lockscreen
    8. @kmokhtar79 - You're a perfect gentleman. Always an help....could inconvenient himself to render help to others
    9. @civato for the amazing work you did to bring the rom control to a polished state....enviable state:good:
    10. @tdunham - thanks for your effort in making this community a better place. Everyone should be eternally grateful to you.
    11. To all our friend here on XDA
    12. And most especially to all the users here. You're the best
    13. @gharrington for his wonderful work on 3minit mod
    14. @mariozawa for his amazing work on the Potato gradient and potato clock
    15. @Chainfire for the SuperSU app
    16. @jcadduono for his amazing work on the idle kernel
    17. @qareembizzle For his MM icons
    18. @androidexpert35 for his amazing work on Android sound mods

Feature you're about to enjoy but not limited to the following:

0. Intial releases i.e. v1 - v3 Based on DarkLord N5 Port
    1. Power optimization
    2. Phronesis Rom Control integrated. Change functions like clock, battery, network signal, launcher animation control, long click to kill, status bar colour, toolbox and many, many, many more.
    3. Infinite launcher scrolling - thanks to the aurora team. Also a huge thanks to the team for allowing us to use some of their files for last release
    4. Smooth as butter. You will never find a smother rom
    5. Moded SMS app. You get the original timestamp and you could write a very very long text without the fear of your carrier charging you.
    6. Many setting item available as a separate settings menu. E.g. Autostart, reading mode, side key panel etc
    7. Different level of animation made available for selection. 0, 0.25, to 1.0
    8. Beautiful frames
    6. Recent menu rounded for beautification
    8. Sound control from power menu
    9. Xposed ready - Look out for wannam xposed
    10. Many CSC customisations. E.g. Data Icon type for mobile data: 4g/LTE,
    11. CSC default to BTU. You could find other CSC files to use in the forum
    USSD works out of the box
    12. All toggles enabled...more than you will ever need
    13. High volume warning disabled
    14. Data toggle warning disabled
    15. Play with system files as you ever want...framework properly patched
    16. Latest apps, google search, Play Store and many more
    17. Ability to completely remove all google services and app and restore with a single click. See Phronesis settings for more customisation
    18. Stagefright Vulnerability
    19. ios signal option in aroma
    20. Fully multi-language
    21. And many, many more.............discover them yourself and thanks us.

Rom Installation:

1. Download Phronesis rom and save it to your phone memory or sd card
    2. Get a good recovery. TWRP recovery recommended
    3. Boot into recovery ,factory reset (full wipe, clean install is recommended). Make choices in Aroma.
    4. Reboot after successful install and wait for best rom in town to build. Allow about 10 minutes for first boot.
    5. Your phone will reboot once after the first boot to complete customisations..
    6. Sit back and enjoy

For full wipes Rom Releases:

V2 will require a clean flash (i.e. full wipe is required) and I will suggest that when it is finally released that you wipe from recovery as well as from aroma following this steps:

1. Boot into recovery (say TWRP)
    2. Select wipe in recovery menu
    3. Select Advanced Wipe
    4. From the resulting window, select to wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache (of course after backing up your rom / data)
    5. Swipe to wipe the selected partitions.

That's recovery wipe completed.

In Aroma menu when you get to option to wipe, select:

1. Select "Full Wipe" radio button
    2. Select "Full wipe 1" radio button
    3. Select your CSC as desired
    4. Continue making other choices as you like....

Important: By design, you will need to select your desired clock alignment to make the clock show on the status bar via the Phronesis settings. Settings>>Phronesis Rom Control>>Potato Clock>>Alignment>>

Q & A

And by default too the statusbar is black (v1 - v4.1). To change to transparent or any color combination you prefer go Phronesis settings. Settings>>Phronesis Rom Control>>Potato Gradient>>First color and Second Color>> . Select any combination color of your liking or if you prefer transparent just open the setting of the 2 colors and slide the slider from left to the right for both colors options to make it fully transparent.

Changelogs here

################################################################################################
    Download - Thanks to my friend @smegg for Androidhostfile links

Phronesis v6.5 | [Mega] - 254eaccf5958585631bb89d3c7817858
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis v6.4 | [Mega] - 792876b21b4d32cd5924473dfcec51af
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis v6.3 | [Mega] [Cloud] - f9e6ad694c49cd196c0a1f8b1521dda1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis v6.2 | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - c0d6fdf33c6d9660abe35060e82888ec
    Phronesis v6.1 | [Mega] [OneDrive] - 7c74b49b7fa7a022ec0221ebb1ed9b5e
    Phronesis v6 | [Mega] [OneDrive] - 8ca5d6e07cd9473f65ac51e639035825
    Phronesis v5.2 | [Mega] [AndroidFileHost] - 4db8f6862df6a759beaf3cfbac2b7cba
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis v5.1 | [Mega] [AndroidFileHost] [OneDrive] - ce1a02e56ca1471d4c92d928b60c8481
    Phronesis v5.0 | [Mega] [AndroidFileHost] - 36c22fc6f3470fa5b8ef90a11a6fb19a - v5.0 hotfix
    Phronesis v4.1 | [Mega] [AndroidFileHost] - b94586b26392af4f9ad2b7880beb811d
    Phronesis v4.0 | [Mega] [AndroidFileHost] - 3f74803475450f9c27b05253dfb0dd07 - v4.0 hotfix
    Phronesis v3.0 | [Mega] [AndroidFileHost] - 3e4aee9bc7d905b6040f63016032f4fa
    Phronesis v2.0 | [Mega] [AndroidFileHost] - v2.0 NFC Fix
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis v1.0 | [Mega] [AndroidFileHost]

Phronesis rom control app source:
    Here

Others, mods and fixes

Phronesis v4 Multi DPI icon fix and Multi Windows Fix:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64407168&postcount=4287
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phronesis v4 ios signal icon. Network Fix: - Look a bit smaller on the left hand side
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64395333&postcount=4077
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configure Smart Lock / Unlock.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64144052&postcount=3122
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

latest bootloader and modem - Thanks to my friend @jcadduono

Compatible Xposed installer:
    http://xdaforums.com/xposed/unofficial-xposed-samsung-lollipop-t3180960
    Current version - v79.0 (28/12/2015)

xposed-v79.0-sdk23-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-20151228.zip

Fix NFC for phronesis v2
    https://mega.nz/#!XYsCDYrR!kjxETPlTW2dx4n2fYCMHOr40Czf9T9mS0ztEf9oyUe8

Mod it yourself - Rounded or Square recent task and notification
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65006715&postcount=7589
    S-Voice app with available language to download
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65204807&postcount=8963
    Microsoft Office App FC or closes
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64448545&postcount=4564
    Phroenesis signature for you.......

View attachment 3532931
    Phronesis Rom.........N5 V6.0 Final Changelog

Few other things made it to the final changelog...

With all the richness and unrivaled features of Phronesis Note 5 Port we again bring you the following:

A Hybrid of N920CXXU2APA2 (South Africa International N5) and N9200ZCU2APA1. With N9200ZCU2APA1 used as main base because of some feature lacking from the international base. Thanks to the Aurora Team for their base of N9200ZCU2APA1.

You will be treating yourself to these features and many more in Phronesis v6:

Aroma
    - CYAN theme retired
    - SystemUI now separated from framework. Select what you want
    - Added option for call forwarding
    - More clean-up to conform to standard coding practice...i.e. classes and inheritance
    - Note 4 camera now uses different files from previous releases. Expect building of ART when you switch from either of the camera now

ROM Features
    - Call Forwarding supported. Selectable in Aroma. Please read carefully when selecting this option
    - Support N3, N4 and S6 Cameras
    - Camera types switching improved in aroma
    - N4 Camera now support multidpi
    - N4 Camera firmware updated to the latest version
    - N4 HDR camera works great
    - Virtual shot fixed for N4 camera
    - Dual Camera fixed for N4 camera
    - Fixed Music swiping FC
    - Android Beam FC fixed
    - Device optimisation via code and file clean up
    - MM Theme rework...look more beautiful
    - USSD works
    - Sound mod rework for better cleaning of residual file when switching mods. This has caused issue for few in the past. It should now be a thing of the past.
    - Launcher data not cleaned anymore as part of TouchWiz launcher mod selection
    - Car Mode work - install app from the Galaxy store
    - S-Voice fixed
    - Installer menu now multilingual. Uses files from the Note 5 international version
    - Power consumption improvement
    - Smoothness improved
    - Lot of unnecessary libraries cleaned for improved performance
    - Rom now Xposed proof to prevent Xposed overwritten system files
    - Secsettings now updated with animation string for all languages
    - Google Apps updated to the latest version
    - GMail App updated to the latest version
    - SView SystemUI FC should be fixed - please test as we don't use the s-view cover to effectively test this feature
    - Samsung TTS works
    - MM Browser added as stock browser
    - Play Store reverted to 6.0.5 to resolve application installation issue. This is same version as v5
    - Samsung Gear Manager updated
    - Webview app updated
    - Complimentary MM themed Music
    - Auto brightness improved. Will also save you battery.

ROM Control
    - Added additional lockscreen effect
    - The following are available in lockscreen option. You can set them ON or OFF as you prefer
    - Lockscreen Full Album Art
    - SHealth
    - Weather
    - Phone
    - Camera
    - Clock
    - Date
    - Swipe to unlock text
    - Clock - seconds on the lockscreen
    - Dialpad call delay function fixed
    - Added colour picker to RAM display
    - Clean-up and other fixes
    - Double tap statusbar now has two functions - launch power menu and sleep
    - And many more for you to explore and enjoy

V6 link will be posted on or before Saturday......

Please note: For anyone that needs N3 camera voice control, you will need a different S-Voice app different from the one that will be included in v6. One will be provided when v6 is released.

Many thanks to the team as always:good: and to everyone here...

Cheers
    Kernels and Stuff.......

DarkLord Kernels :-
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=search&s=darklord&type=files

Changelog [v1.5 - v1.6] - Updated to latest base
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Civ Kernels 1.7 by @civato:-
    Download
    Source and changelog
    Kernel feature
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Idle Kernels :-
    https://idlekernel.com/note5port//

Changelog - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64795500&postcount=908
    Bring back A-Z app sorting on the launcher:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64078126&postcount=2691
    Civato mods for Phronesis v3 - 1.3
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64131999&postcount=3044
    Civato mods for Phronesis v3 - 1.3 - with ios signal icons
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64143570&postcount=3118
    Civato mods for Phronesis v3 - 1.3 - System Icon on the right
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64151216&postcount=3154
    Civato mods for Phronesis v3 - 1.3 - with ios signal icons and CYAN mod
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64131531&postcount=3041
    MM Theme + rounded stuf by @KevinHannibal and his team
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64848964&postcount=6805
    Set Sound correctly on Civato kernel
    Go into civz kernel---》sound and disable lock output gain and enable apply on start.
    Changelog....

Phronesis V6.5 Changelog

V6.5 Changelog can be found on this post here

Release Note
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis V6.4 Changelog

V6.4 Changelog can be found on this post here

Release Note
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis V6.3 Changelog

V6.3 Changelog can be found on this post here

Release Note
    Phronesis V6.2 Changelog

V6.2 Changelog can be found on this post here

Release Note

Phronesis V6.1 Changelog

V6.1 Changelog can be found on this post here
    Phronesis V6 Changelog

V6 Changelog can be found on this post here
    Phronesis V5.2 Changelog

V5.2 Changelog can be found on this post here
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis V5.1 Changelog

V5.1 Changelog can be found on this post here
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phronesis V5.0Changelog

V5.0 Changelog can be found on this post here

Phronesis V4.1 Changelog

V4.1 Changelog can be found on this post here
    Phronesis V4 Changelog

V4 Changelog can be found on this post here
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis V3 Changelog

- All related signal issue fixes incoporated
    - NFC Fix incoporated
    - Spen correctly aligned
    - ART building fixed
    - All Email issue fixed
    - Samsung Email now fully support RTL
    - Disable Launcher magazine as default
    - Sort Apps list in App Drawer Alphabetically
    - Aroma reworked to allow for flashing mods without conflict with previous mods
    - Boot sound / animation out of sync fixed
    - N900T: Fix vibration
    - Gallery Auto Adjust Fixed
    - N5 Scroll Capture Integrated with correct alignments
    - N900P: Fix vibration
    - Better Power Management
    - More LTE frequencies enabled
    - Theme Store Updated
    - Google App Updated
    - PIN Quick Unlock
    - Ability to Remap Phone Hardware Key
    - The following apps updated to the latest versions: Google Play Store, GMS, Google Search App, Gmail, GoogleTTS, GearManager, SHealth, Samsung Push App, SamsungTTS, Scrapbook, SideSync and Write PDF
    - Phronesis Rom Control: Phone hardware Buttons Re-Mappings
    - Phronesis Rom Control: Selective Power Menu Options
    - Phronesis Rom Control: Hide App in Launcher
    - Phronesis Rom Control: Desktop Enhancement Settings
    - Phronesis Rom Control: Phone Diagnostics etc
    - Phronesis Rom Control: More controls available
    - And many many more......

Phronesis V2 Changelog

- Phronesis Rom Control icon added
    - Sim PIN Lock delay fixed
    - CSC Added for Canandian users
    - Low signal fixed
    - Fix aroma wipe in recovery. Wipe should now wipe
    - Keyboard misalignment fixed
    - Side Key Panel Fixed
    - Network Related issues fixed
    - Goggle Play store N5 themed
    - Support all major CSC
    - Fixed SoundAlive
    - More Sound Option selectable in Aroma
    - CYAN theme added selectable in aroma
    - Fix Keyboard for RTL users
    - ios SystemUI now support RTL users
    - Option to now flash mods without a complete rom flash
    - Framework options available in Aroma (Stock and Coloured rounded frames)
    - Performace optimization
    - More smoother operations
    - Host file updated for adblocking
    - Phronesis Rom Control app rework
    - USSD mod for all CSC Types
    - AllShare icon and any related issues fixed
    - 0.75 animation added for English language
    - And so many more....flash and discover by yourself.....

Phronesis N5 Port v1 Changelog

- Initial release
    - Based on DarkLord N5 Port
    - Power optimization
    - Phronesis Rom Control integrated. Change functions like clock, battery, network signal, launcher animation control, long click to kill, status bar colour, toolbox and many, many, many more.
    - Infinite launcher scrolling - thanks to the aurora team
    - Autostart added in settings
    - Smooth as butter. You will never find a smother rom
    - Moded SMS app. You get the original timestamp and you could write a very very long text without the fear of your carrier charging you.
    - Many setting item available as a separate settings menu. E.g. Autostart, reading mode, side key panel etc
    - Different level of animation made available for selection. 0, 0.25, to 1.0
    - Beautiful frames
    - Recent menu rounded for beautification
    - Sound control from power menu
    - Xposed ready - Look out for wannam xposed
    - Many CSC customisations. E.g. Data Icon type for mobile data: 4g/LTE,
    - CSC default to BTU. You could find other CSC files to use in the forum
    - USSD works out of the box
    - All toggles enabled...more than you will ever need
    - High volume warning disabled
    - Data toggle warning disabled
    - Play with system files as you ever want...framework properly patched
    - Latest apps, google search, Play Store and many more
    - Ability to completely remove all google services and app and restore with a single click. See Phronesis settings for more customisation
    - Stagefright Vulnerability
    - ios signal option in aroma
    - Fully multi-language
    - And many, many more.............discover them yourself and thanks us.