Heat

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the honor 5X stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

prateek57

Oct 12, 2011
In normal conditions its at comfortable temperatures.....but during charging and heavy usage like playing nfs shift etc. It does heat up too much(atleast for me)

Reactions: ahvamaria

itsrustlife

Aug 9, 2016
The phone since I've had it (bought it 1 month after the release, and 1 week after they changed from SD 615 to 616) has never overheated or been too hot to the point where it was uncomfortable to use. It is normal for the phone to get a LITTLE warm, a LITTLE, when you first plug it in to charge, but then the heat is transferred over to the power brick while charging. When I use the phone for some heavy gaming and heavy multi-tasking, it only warms up a little where it can be pretty good in a cold environment where it serves as a hand warmer. And I use a DWay 2 layer rubber/plastic case on it all the time, even with it on, it has never had any overheating issues.

vsriram92

Dec 27, 2014
chennai
Very controlled compared to other devices. But on heavy gaming, feeling the heat on fingerprint sensor the most..

Last edited:

AtaliaKetch

Jul 1, 2017
Lahore
Gets easily heated when using mild CPU intensive apps. But thanks to its metal back, the head conduction is pretty good enabling it to quickly radiate heat.

Out of 10 scores, I will score it 8/10 (Considering how it radiates heat)

shashank1320

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
Heats up which charging and playing heavy games for more than 10-15 minutes or even using cpu intensive app for sometime.
Phone is 20 months old now so no complaint now :good:

cameraz

Feb 3, 2011
My Honor 5X heats up incredibly hot when I have it plugged into my Audi and am using Android Auto. In fact, I was using the Waze app and the phone got so hot that it shut off and I couldn't restart it for about an hour.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In normal conditions its at comfortable temperatures.....but during charging and heavy usage like playing nfs shift etc. It does heat up too much(atleast for me)
    Never been too hot for me.