[Kernel][Uber 5.2] INAZUMA [Osprey][6.0.X][CM/AOSP]

Search This thread

Feurrado

Aug 15, 2013
Domingos Martins
Flashing now to see.... I am using the Squid kernel, but I am a overclock maniac, I overclock everything, my pc, tablet, cellphone...

Edit - Flash R3 and working on XT1543 with CM 13
Edit Again - wich governor and I/O scheduler use for best performance, balanced and power save?

Last edited:

rwxr-xr-xis

Apr 9, 2015
Flashing now to see.... I am using the Squid kernel, but I am a overclock maniac, I overclock everything, my pc, tablet, cellphone...

Edit - Flash R3 and working on XT1543 with CM 13
Edit Again - wich governor and I/O scheduler use for best performance, balanced and power save?

Fiops is my favorite after cfq

Last edited:

prazola

Jun 24, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 4C
Nice features, but geekbench and antutu shows performance losses with this kernel. I've tried with CM kernel settings too without improvement.
For geekbench I get 12xx instead of 16xx for multicore. In single core there's a difference of 50 points only.
Could it be related to the hotplug settings? With CM kernel I have always 4 core working, no hotplug. :/

Last edited:

bubbyj

Dec 31, 2015
Nice features, but geekbench and antutu shows performance losses with this kernel. I've tried with CM kernel settings too without improvement.
For geekbench I get 12xx instead of 16xx for multicore. In single core there's a difference of 50 points only.
Could it be related to the hotplug settings? With CM kernel I have always 4 core working, no hotplug. :/

I've reviewed your scores, and your interpretation is wrong. In fact, your single core score of 576 is a new world record for the moto g 2015 on geekbench. Single core speeds appear to be the single most important factor in regards to speed/lag/performance, as hotplugging will often not activate 4 cores if it doesn't need to. Your 576 is about 8-9% higher than the average non overclocked stock kernel moto's (which average about 525). This is super impressive when you consider that the 1401 is only overclocked by about 2.6% compared to the 1365.

With that said, it appears to me that your multicore was limited to 3 cores. 1200 being 3/4 of the 1600 average that the rest of the kernels put out.

Also, to verify that the 1401 overclock is smoking the competition, refer to this graphic.
https://browser.primatelabs.com/gee...latform:"Android"+architecture:armv7+bits:32+

That little bubble above everyone elses? Thats yours.

Congrats, this kernel is working wonderfully!

prazola

Jun 24, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 4C
I've reviewed your scores, and your interpretation is wrong. In fact, your single core score of 576 is a new world record for the moto g 2015 on geekbench. Single core speeds appear to be the single most important factor in regards to speed/lag/performance, as hotplugging will often not activate 4 cores if it doesn't need to. Your 576 is about 8-9% higher than the average non overclocked stock kernel moto's (which average about 525). This is super impressive when you consider that the 1401 is only overclocked by about 2.6% compared to the 1365.

With that said, it appears to me that your multicore was limited to 3 cores. 1200 being 3/4 of the 1600 average that the rest of the kernels put out.

Also, to verify that the 1401 overclock is smoking the competition, refer to this graphic.
https://browser.primatelabs.com/gee...latform:"Android"+architecture:armv7+bits:32+

That little bubble above everyone elses? Thats yours.

Congrats, this kernel is working wonderfully!
I have a lot of apps freezed and service disabled, as you can see i get 550-560 with CM kernel (20 point behind inazuma's kernel).
As I've said on multicore it could be a hotplug related problem (core idling is hotplug related), I'll do more test tonight (it's my mom phone) to see if there's some core idling or it's something else.
I got 12XX with stock 5.1.1 rom, that is near to my results.

A question for zeeshanhussain12:
Why, with every kernel, is the GPU stuck at max freq profile? Isn't possibile to allow freq scaling or would it be power inefficent?
I know this soc hasn't a great GPU, but on my GS2 i keep my MaliMP4 always between 100 and 200MHz with a very low voltage and I have no problem at all.
Ty

bubbyj

Dec 31, 2015
You have a bad govenor/regulator/or core. If you're getting only 1200 on geekbench on 5.1 stock and inazuma for 6.0, then its certainly not a problem with the kernel.

As far as the max gpu speed being stuck, its a kernel auditor error (other kernel managers do the same). But if you run GPU-Z or another cpu monitor, you'll see that its actually running at scaled speeds. Using the adreno Idler will greatly increase time in idle.... and with the new 100mhz speed being offered, it'll cause a heck of a savings on battery.

My latest battery saving tune (that is fully functional for everyday use, with mild-moderate lag) --- only used 1.4% in 12 hours of inactivity! Thats equal to 35 days of standby!! I'm going to continue tweaking it, with a goal of less than 2% over 24 hours. Wish me luck.

Reactions: Gravemind2015

Stefano 99

Nov 12, 2015
Torino
You have a bad govenor/regulator/or core. If you're getting only 1200 on geekbench on 5.1 stock and inazuma for 6.0, then its certainly not a problem with the kernel.

As far as the max gpu speed being stuck, its a kernel auditor error (other kernel managers do the same). But if you run GPU-Z or another cpu monitor, you'll see that its actually running at scaled speeds. Using the adreno Idler will greatly increase time in idle.... and with the new 100mhz speed being offered, it'll cause a heck of a savings on battery.

My latest battery saving tune (that is fully functional for everyday use, with mild-moderate lag) --- only used 1.4% in 12 hours of inactivity! Thats equal to 35 days of standby!! I'm going to continue tweaking it, with a goal of less than 2% over 24 hours. Wish me luck.
Can you share your settings?
How is the SOT with this kernel?

Stefano 99

Inviato dal mio Moto G 2015 (ROM OrionOS)

prazola

Jun 24, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 4C
Forcing all cores on active state and enabling alucard:
555 and 1691.
So perfomance aligned with cm kernel but with OC and with tuning needed.

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Everything working,very good job[emoji1] .
I am trying to tune this kernel for battery. So just a few questions-
1. Between elementalx and impulse which is biased towards battery?
2. In cpu hotplug, does thunderplug and alucard both be turned on at the same time or will they conflict?Which is battery friendly?
Thanks in advance[emoji108]

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

thelad

Dec 25, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21+

kosmasgr

Everything working,very good job[emoji1] .
I am trying to tune this kernel for battery. So just a few questions-
1. Between elementalx and impulse which is biased towards battery?
2. In cpu hotplug, does thunderplug and alucard both be turned on at the same time or will they conflict?Which is battery friendly?
Thanks in advance[emoji108]

Try impulse - thunderplug combination :good:

Reactions: Gravemind2015

Johny Cipeli

Dec 22, 2015
Rio
Guys, what is the best setting to make the transitions more fluid ans smooth? (without using the performance governor lol)

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
@zeeshanhussain12
Flashed R3 with Blisspop by @Vatsal
1⚪Dt2w not working......(ambient display working well....what is d soln fr dt2w?
2?otherwise pretty smooth
3?phn is heating too much when charging specially?
4?using IMPULSE - THUNDERPLUG COMBO
DEVICE-⏩xt1550[6.0]

I am using r3 with blisspop on my xt1550 too.I can confirm phone warming up when impulse+thunderplug.But i think dt2w is removed in r3.(see post #91-#96)

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

@zeeshanhussain12- The double tap to wake is causing touch unresponsiveness for me too. After the phone has been left for a few minutes, when i try to use it, touch is not working but phone behaves correctly to hardware buttons. Weirder thing is that this happens not only in inazuma r2 but in x-infinity kernel too! Can the *problem* be *fixed*?

Anyway kernel rocks![emoji39]

Last edited:

reeeju

Nov 28, 2014
kolkata
Moto G
Micromax Canvas A89 Ninja
I am using r3 with blisspop on my xt1550 too.I can confirm phone warming up when impulse+thunderplug.But i think dt2w is removed in r3.(see post #91-#96)

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

@zeeshanhussain12- The double tap to wake is causing touch unresponsiveness for me too. After the phone has been left for a few minutes, when i try to use it, touch is not working but phone behaves correctly to hardware buttons. Weirder thing is that this happens not only in inazuma r2 but in x-infinity kernel too! Can the *problem* be *fixed*?

Anyway kernel rocks![emoji39]

@Gravemind2015so whats the solution for haeting.....
Lol...i m too high to keep the phn inside chiller....??after all now it is too warm here, where i m staying..... Hottest summer time...temp goest to 44°C sometimes in the mid of noon.....so pls tell any soln to keep the device cooler...cos i didnt play too much heavy games...except coc...and coc is lagging too much...whats the issue bro?
KERNEL AWSUM....SMOOTH....

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
@Gravemind2015so whats the solution for haeting.....
Lol...i m too high to keep the phn inside chiller....??after all now it is too warm here, where i m staying..... Hottest summer time...temp goest to 44°C sometimes in the mid of noon.....so pls tell any soln to keep the device cooler...cos i didnt play too much heavy games...except coc...and coc is lagging too much...whats the issue bro?
KERNEL AWSUM....SMOOTH....
I too have no idea.I have set max freq in cpu to 1094mhz.and in thunderplug changed the endurance level to quad_core.gpu is simple-ondemand with adreno idler enabled(doesn't know if it works as governor is ondemand not adreno).i/o scheduler-internal>fiops 512kb,external>fiops,2048kb(mine is 64gb sandisk ultra).

Hibernating most apps with greenify,and limited permissions(keep awake,bootup,location etc) in privacy guard.

At least these do stop my phone from turning into fireball lol.[emoji14]

reeeju

Nov 28, 2014
kolkata
Moto G
Micromax Canvas A89 Ninja
I too have no idea.I have set max freq in cpu to 1094mhz.and in thunderplug changed the endurance level to quad_core.gpu is simple-ondemand with adreno idler enabled(doesn't know if it works as governor is ondemand not adreno).i/o scheduler-internal>fiops 512kb,external>fiops,2048kb(mine is 64gb sandisk ultra).

Hibernating most apps with greenify,and limited permissions(keep awake,bootup,location etc) in privacy guard.

At least these do stop my phone from turning into fireball lol.[emoji14]

Ondemand with alucard....lets test this combo...i think it is working....before it was 61°c...now it s 54

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160407-134319.png
    Screenshot_20160407-134319.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Screenshot_20160407-134255.png
    Screenshot_20160407-134255.png
    65 KB · Views: 208

coldgin_

Oct 11, 2013
Buenos Aires
Ondemand with alucard....lets test this combo...i think it is working....before it was 61°c...now it s 54
Hi,
it's dangerous for your phone operating continuously at these temperatures.
Try to not OC the cpu and set the min freq to 200 MHz.
Do not OC the GPU above 500 either, and see if u can get acceptable operating temperatures.

Considering the weather where you live, 45C will be just fine.

Regards.

Reactions: amppcguru

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INAZUMA KERNEL

Hey guys this is my Inazuma Kernel built with uber 5.2 and few optimizations.The main aim of this kernel is providing
    good battery backup and with smooth performance.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/

Features
    * Built with uber 5.2.1
    * Overclocked to 1.4
    * Impulse and elementalx governer
    * fsync
    * sio i/o scehduler
    * optimized slub
    * improved 3x faster integer sqrt.
    * Enabled Elementalx and impulse
    * Alucard and thunderplug hotplugs
    (thunderplug is enabled by default)
    * updated impulse to latest version
    * ondemand to 3.18 code
    * adreno idler
    * Added lcd notify
    * Added Lionfish 1.1
    * tuned row
    * Writeback: Fix occasional slow sync
    * Random32 patches
    * Speed up console framebuffer imageblit function
    * optimized ARM RWSEM algorithm
    * Network speed tweak
    * clean up some dead code
    * workqueue patches
    * franco's thermals with vadc sensor polling support
    * wlan wakelocks
    * Enabled a lot of tcp congestions and enabled westwood by default
    * usb fast charge
    * gpu underclock to 100 :p
    double tap 2 wake ( can give screen freeze sometimes)

and much more check my github

Download

Kernel_R1
    Kernel_R2
    Kernel_R3

How to flash

-Download the zip
    -boot to twrp
    -flash the zip
    -reboot and enjoy!!

Credits
    - All the people associated with msm8916 m bringup
    - @am2012 for testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Kernel][Uber 5.2] INAZUMA [Osprey][6.0.X][CM/AOSP], ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    zeeshanhussain12
    Source Code: https://github.com/zeeshanhussain/inazuma-msm8916

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader with twrp

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-02-22

Created 2016-02-22
    Last Updated 2016-03-30
    Update R5

Download:- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24533103863141610

Changelog:-