[ROM] [6.0.x] Official CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightly Builds (Z00A/Z008)

Search This thread

bancelin

Feb 10, 2011
TOULON
this rom was nice. but one thing that i want to tell, i dont know it is known bug or not / fixable or un fixable bug. when i unlock screen from lockscreen, the 3 shorcuts (google speech, unlock icon and camera) still appear (at the bottom) after i had unlock lockscreen. so when i touch app icon on home screen or do some swipe, the quick setting will open. after lockscreen open, the issue was gone. it just work smoothly (without appear shorcut in homescreen) after boot the phone. then after 4-5 unlock the screen, then the issue will come.. so that all i want to tell, dont blame me if im write very long cause i dont kbow how to tell it in compact speech. sorry for my english too, actually english is not my first language:rolleyes:

Same for me !

lilphoenix

Apr 5, 2012
Since the 31/03 build, I often need restart my phone for send message. But I have signal status.

Envoyé de mon ASUS_Z00A en utilisant Tapatalk

t0per666

Dec 25, 2012
Manila
Go to playstore and download CM themes! There is a built in theme engine. Unlike zenUI you can change almost everything in CM theme engine.

1) install a theme from Playstore
2) go to Theme app ( there is a theme app in your app drawer or you can access it in settings)
3) tick all options and apply

I am surprised that someone uses CM without knowing it has the best theme engine. It can theme apps like FB and even Google keyboard and launcher etc.

sorry i dnt customize my rom im used to stock cm theme only btw thanks!

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Google now and google play services gone after the update 0405

Sent from my ASUS_Z008 using XDA-Developers mobile app
I'm guessing you manually wiped system when you flashed, and yes if you didnt reinstall gapps when you did that, then gapps would be gone. Otherwise the built-in scripts would have saved your gapps.
Really? Can anyone confirm this?
No this not typical. Since KitKat maybe? There have been backup scripts in place in gapps/CM to prevent this from happening. Fwiw I just did the 4/5 update with no issues and no missing gapps.

Sent from my N5206 using Tapatalk

westkone

Jan 11, 2015
Hi all,
I have a little annoying problem. When I want to send a message, I always have a popup that ask to choose the SIM card whereas I only have 1 SIM card.
f9daa3fc422e73305a9357562f4e7aa2.jpg

673cede4356482456fc9ba9ad3d4b94e.jpg

helandortega

Nov 3, 2015
I'm guessing you manually wiped system when you flashed, and yes if you didnt reinstall gapps when you did that, then gapps would be gone. Otherwise the built-in scripts would have saved your gapps.

No this not typical. Since KitKat maybe? There have been backup scripts in place in gapps/CM to prevent this from happening. Fwiw I just did the 4/5 update with no issues and no missing gapps.

Thanks a lot Sir ? Will flash it and try it out. Patiently waiting for the April security patch update to arrive. Maybe, two more days? ?

M

m3t4lw01f

Demo mode?

Tapping rapidly on build date in setting->about opens up a demo mode screen... I'm afraid to enable it. What's it do?

Edit: nevermind, I googled it. Nothing fancy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160405-093808.png
    Screenshot_20160405-093808.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

Luq4dmin

Nope.,,i'm not even wiped the system partition. I'm just update like im usually do. When it done updating and done booted to home screen, it shows a notification said g+ need google play services to run. And when i try to open the play store to download it, it wont launch. So, i checked all apps in setting and i found google now app and google services had gone. So now, i need to reflash gapps. It never happen before on my device.

lanah1906

Jun 7, 2015
Nope.,,i'm not even wiped the system partition. I'm just update like im usually do. When it done updating and done booted to home screen, it shows a notification said g+ need google play services to run. And when i try to open the play store to download it, it wont launch. So, i checked all apps in setting and i found google now app and google services had gone. So now, i need to reflash gapps. It never happen before on my device.

I have it few updates ago and flashing gapps won't work as wizard crash too. So only clean flash

lu89

Jan 4, 2016
pavia
05/04 bugs are still here ��
Edit-dt2 open notification work
-Signa for now is stronger
-cLock is gone

Last edited:

sluTTY

Feb 5, 2015
No data on SIM 1

I hope I am not offending anyone. Please let me know if there is a more suitable place to address this.

I cannot get data connections with SIM 1.

I have tried these nightlies on my Zenfone 2

cm-13.0-20160330-NIGHTLY-Z00A
cm-13.0-20160331-NIGHTLY-Z00A
cm-13.0-20160402-NIGHTLY-Z00A
cm-13.0-20160404-NIGHTLY-Z00A
cm-13.0-20160405-NIGHTLY-Z00A

I double checked the APN settings for my provider (Vodafone DE) but no joy. WiFi is fine but whenever I turn off WiFi data connections do not work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 13.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Broken Features / Known Issues

• VIDEO ENCODER/DECODER ISSUES: This results in green lines on videos/pictures taken using the Intel HW encoder/decoder and other playback issues dependent on video formats. See the list below:
      1. Snapchat: thin greeen line tends to appear on recorded videos for snapchat
      2. Asus Pixelmaster Camera App: Super resolution mode does not work. Turning off "Optimizations" from settings clears up any green line issues.
      3. Some video formats do not play as expected
    • FM Radio is unsupported.
    • audio is a little weird in Real Racing 3.
    • sim 2 cannot be disabled (this is true for all CM builds on non qualcomm hardware)
    • Other than Fugu (Nexus Player TV box) there are no Vendor released M x86/x86_64 builds in existance. You may experience some issues with GAPPS and some known apps not loading or working correctly. Below is a list of KNOWN apps that do not currently run on CM13 based x86 Zenfone 2 builds :
      Ingress, Polaris Office, Chase Mobile, Showbox...

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

As the Zenfone2 has multiple models from multiple countries please include the following information in your report:
    model #
    CPU Speed / RAM Size
    device state when errors occur (BT/wifi/nfc on ? On a call ? sitting idle on shelf ? )
    method to reproduce if you've found something consistent

Download Links

CyanogenMod for Z00A/ ze551ml: ROM @ http://get.cm/?device=Z00A

CyanogenMod for Z008/ ze550ml: ROM @ http://get.cm/?device=Z008

Recovery Links

Z00A
    Official TWRP: TWRP.ME

Z008
    Official TWRP: TWRP.ME

Google apps addon:
    Recommend GAPPS for now as the updated x86 gapps. Our resident x86 GAPPS guru @deadman96385 has been working with the opengapps crew to keep these current for us.

Flashable Modem updates:
    Currently only supported in jrior001's unofficial TWRP
    May or may not work in others

** see this post for more info **
    Intel stores some modem firmware in the OTA's in a file labeled "ifwi.zip"
    These are flashable zips to receive the updated firmware while staying on custom ROMS
    **THIS IS A ONE WAY PROCEDURE, JUST LIKE THE OTA's THERE IS NO KNOWN WAY
    TO FLASH BACK TO EARLIER MODEM FIRMWARE, PROCEED WITH CAUTION**

IF you still wish to proceed, current flashable ifwi zips are available HERE for Z00A AND Z008

FOR INFO ON MM BOOTLOADER BASED BUILDS SEE THIS POST

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightly Bulids (Z00A/Z008), ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
    jrior001, crpalmer
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_asus_moorefield

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 2.20.40.16x stock base

Version Information

Created 2015-12-05
    Last Updated 2016-09-07
    Reserved

FAQ
    Does Official TWRP work?

* Yep
    * Unified recovery builds as of TWRP 3.0.0-0, same build for both Z00A/Z008

Can I use a custom kernel with these builds?
    * At your own risk, don't complain here if something gets broken in the process
    *Also, doing so makes any feedback useless to us because the kernel and the ROM are a complete package and changing part of that means you may have broken something beyond our control.

Will this be an Official ROM?
    * When all the show stopping bugs are fixed and all the upstream commits are merged, yes.
    * Until then, no because CyanogenMod has very high standards for accepting new devices.
    * As of 3/17/16 we now have official builds
    Do I need to unlock the bootloader?
    * Yes.

Upgrade from CM-12.1 ?
    * Tools have been put in place to make upgrading from 12.1 nightlies smooth however backups are always recommended. Make a backup and attempt upgrade from 12.1 -> 13.0. Make sure to Flash 6.0 gapps at the same time. 6.0 only applies the proper permissions for system apps on first boot.
    * If the above fails to load smoothly, restore your backup, take the necessary backups of apps and such and make a clean flash upgrade instead.

EXTERNAL SDCARD in M
    * There were major changes in AOSP in the handling of storage.
    * Two options :
    (1) used as external storage. Removable, plug and play storage like we all know and love.
    (2) used as Adoptable storage. non removable, Sdcard becomes an extenstion of your /data partition. Removing Sdcard will cause signifigant data loss.
    * On first boot you are presented with the option to choose how to handle your sdcard. CHOOSE WISELY
    * read more about this feature in this article from android central

Green lines on Pixelmaster camera/Snapchat
    * In the Asus camera app disable "Optimizations", this should clear green lines/distorted pictures here.
    * In Snapchat, issue is far less intrusive and there is no workaround.

FM Radio
    * Currently this is unsuported. As of yet we have not managed to figure out how Asus made this feature work. Should we figure that out We'd love to support it but until then it is not a high priority issue to resolve. ** UPDATED** I found some source code for the FM radio implementation but it's clearly marked as proprietary and unuseble by us at this time.

Call Recording
    Native Call Recording is a feature that while only legal in some countries, has become very popular on CM.
    Currently we do not have full audio HAL source for Intel devices and have no way to implement this in CM for this device.

C-APPS
    They're are currently no C-APPS packages for CM-13. Due to the way M handles system app permissions this is not likely to be available at any time in CM13.

I'd like to make a donation
    Support of this project is a joint effort between @crpalmer and @jrior001. Many users like to show support via Donations. If you feel so inclined to support us in this manner you can do so HERE(jrior001) and HERE(crpalmer). Donations are by no means expected, but always appreciated.
    Friend, not trying be rude but the question was not for you. Moreover his answer could not be more obvious.

I asked the @ jrior001 because they have already been merged with fotes codes of CM14 already should be tested.

Does the CM13 will be ignored so we can get faster the CM14?
    Would not it be better finish rom that is already very stable.
    So let me explain and discuss a few things here with what we've learned related to the MM release.

1. BOOTLOADER/IFWI UPGRADE IS REQUIRED. You have to be on the newer M release FW to boot the newer kernel, this is non-negotiable.

2. The new bootloader requires signed boot/recovery images. Worth noting but not a big deal.

3. It does not magically fix every single problem with current CM/AOSP based ROMs.

I already have working builds of CM13 based on the MM release. In fact I quietly made them public a few days ago. The problem here is how to upgrade folks easily to the newer fw. Our twrp builds will not flash the IFWI FW currently and I have not been able to make that work. Therefore this upgrade requires folks to manually fastboot flash the new FW and a new recovery. This is not ideal for nightly build users. With CM14 approaching it may be best to leave CM13 on old blobs for now and make a clean transition and requirement for CM14 to upgrade the Bootloader.

For the brave who are not concerned with getting new nightlies( I make no promises to keep uploading fresh builds based on M BL) and want to make the jump the info and instructions can be found here

Z00A
    http://theflamingskull.com/downloads/z00a/MM_BL_STUFF/

And here
    Z008
    http://theflamingskull.com/downloads/z008/MM_BL_STUFF/

I've modified the BL unlock script and repurposed it to flash the new FW and recovery, there's scripts for win/mac/Linux. Theyve been tested but Use at your own risk.
    Sent from my ASUS_Z008 using Tapatalk
    We have removed the "ALPHA" from the subject of this because we feel that the CM-13.0 version is either on par or better than the 12.1 version with the latest sets of fixes.

Oh, and, tomorrow's build may even fix the ugly incoming call UI (as well as general ugliness in the incall ui).
    All,
    Please keep this info in mind when updating with new nightlies daily. You are running builds from a highly active development channel. While things are generally stable, and code changes are fairly well reviewed, issues will creep in now and then. This is part other development process. Sometimes changes need further exposure to detect all the issues that may arise. Sometimes things that tested well in the lab, don't fair so well with users. This weeks topic if interest appears to be further implementation of live lockscreen, as the bug reports suggest. Please consider this when making bug reports/complaint when you're running bleeding edge builds.

Crpalmer and I both keep up with the thread pretty regular, an although we don't always comment here we takes notes of the daily issues and discuss among the CM team as needed. Mainly we focus on fixing device specific issues and help out as needed on the platform side.