I have the phone in my hand...AMA

Search This thread

umbrokhan

Nov 11, 2013
Does the LG G5 overheat when playing high end games or 4K recording?
does the phone shut it self off when using apps or pwerful games?
How is the sound quality compared to other flagship phones?
And how is the screen quality compared to other flagship phones?
Thank you

Fadman37

Apr 1, 2016
Thank you

I've only noticed my phone get pretty hot when i was setting it up and when i'm charging with the LCD screen on. I have not done any 4K shooting, but i can try later. after using the phone for the past 5 day, the phone does get hot, but does seem to worry me a whole lot.. I hope that helps...

have never had the phone shut off on me.

Sounds quality is fine on the speaker, but i'm personally not impressed with it. but it's not terrible. I think it's a mono speaker at the bottom and that why. but it's pretty loud.

I agree, maybe not as good as the s7. Galaxy s7 seems to have more color tones, but this phone really isn't bad compared to s7. there can be a slight shadow on the screen if you press really had, but it think it's because of the design of the phone rather than a flaw. Due to the battery placement, there's going to be a very small gap between the lcd screen and the battery so essentially the LCD is floating on top of the battery without structural support. If you press down hard, you might notice a shadow, but i do not consider it an issue at least not yet. If there wasn't a space between the screen and the battery, then the battery would rub hard against the screen every time you slide it in or out. .

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

How does the camera perform when taking close up shots? I have a Z3 atm and it's been hit-and-miss when trying to these kind of photos.

It's awesome. Manual focus gives you a lot of control to focus on what you want...

umbrokhan

Nov 11, 2013
I've only noticed my phone get pretty hot when i was setting it up and when i'm charging with the LCD screen on. I have not done any 4K shooting, but i can try later. after using the phone for the past 5 day, the phone does get hot, but does seem to worry me a whole lot.. I hope that helps...

have never had the phone shut off on me.

Sounds quality is fine on the speaker, but i'm personally not impressed with it. but it's not terrible. I think it's a mono speaker at the bottom and that why. but it's pretty loud.

I agree, maybe not as good as the s7. Galaxy s7 seems to have more color tones, but this phone really isn't bad compared to s7. there can be a slight shadow on the screen if you press really had, but it think it's because of the design of the phone rather than a flaw. Due to the battery placement, there's going to be a very small gap between the lcd screen and the battery so essentially the LCD is floating on top of the battery without structural support. If you press down hard, you might notice a shadow, but i do not consider it an issue at least not yet. If there wasn't a space between the screen and the battery, then the battery would rub hard against the screen every time you slide it in or out. .

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

It's awesome. Manual focus gives you a lot of control to focus on what you want...

Does the LG G5 screen bleed in a very dark room phone full brightness. I've seen it on YouTube video screen bleed that's why am asking.
Can you see the antenna lines back of the phone if you look very carefully?

jan george

Mar 16, 2016
From the Dolby website,
The only phone supported with dolby digital plus is LG G4 ONLY...NOT LG G5
plz to the G5 owners confirm this point with us

Fadman37

Apr 1, 2016
Does the LG G5 screen bleed in a very dark room phone full brightness. I've seen it on YouTube video screen bleed that's why am asking.
Can you see the antenna lines back of the phone if you look very carefully?

I haven't noticed, and if it does it does not bother me. I like that if i break the screen in the future, I can replace it for a $100 myself. i can't do that with the S7

Reactions: gie62001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got my phone yesterday. Ask away!

HFr3q2B.jpg
    Surprised no one has asked the million dollar question...

What are the cameras like? Love my g4 and without a doubt it's the best smart phone camera

Seriously? There are only 800 reviews that go into the camera on this. On top of that the g4 is not without doubt the best camera... Realistically not even top 5.
    What carrier? To see if bootloader is unlocked, try checking the OEM unlock thing in developer options. (not 100% on this, btw)

LaQqom2.png

Don't know if that is what will tell you but it works.

This is for T-Mobile
    That just means if the hardware vendor hasn't disabled it you can use adb to unlock.. Even locked devices will show that
    is the bootloader unlocked?

The biggest question everyone's been wondering... the brightness?

Interestingly enough, the screen seems fine in direct sunlight. It looks about the same when comparing it to my note 5 indoors as well.

How do I check if the bootloader is unlocked?