[Q] Kyocera Brigadier (Verizon) Root

Search This thread

wizzdome

Jan 10, 2012
Denver
Kingroot works for rooting this device... however... It is not worth rooting as there is no support or development for this phone, and the software verizon puts on it is just crap. This is the 3rd or 4th Brigadier my GF has had now because the software turns to mush it develops reboot and freezing issues... Kyorcera is crap they came up with a hard to kill on the outside phone and put a barely useable system inside... with new update can no longer charge phone when pluggin it in. It says on the phone this phone can be charged wirelessly... never seen that before... to be frank this one is going back to verizon and gonna make them give up a samsung in its stead...

bandario

Feb 1, 2011
Victoria

With no help or interest from the manufacturer in supporting people worldwide WHO WANT TO USE THEIR HARDWARE!! people have given up on this phone.

It is another sad page in the even sadder saga of Kyocera, who seem to have missed the memo that people were actually really interested in what they have created.

I would have done anything to have one of these devices but they are not sold in my country, and the horror stories of what people have gone through in simply trying to update them is just too much, and now they are completely outdated.

Let's hope they learn their lesson, and their next piece of killer rugged hardware comes with an open bootloader and is available internationally.

TAZ223003

Mar 17, 2012
how have they done to the translator in Russian ?
Unable to download the file RUS.zip
i want french language

giltwist

Feb 10, 2011
good to hear. that will make the BL unlocking more practical right?

Thanks a lot

That's my understanding. Both vulnerabilities I linked were related to Qualcomm's implementation of TrustZone in snapdragon. The earlier one was a specific attack on the specific chips in motorola phones. It was likely that the same vulnerability existed in our Kyocera, but it would not necessarily be in exactly the same place so I'd have to dig for it, and my knowledge of assembly is weak. This newer vulnerability is, to my understanding, the cryptographic master key that Kyocera itself uses to "sign" various pieces of firmware and whatnot as "official." This means we could "sign" TWRP and get the phone to accept it. Ditto Cyanogenmod.

leon_himm

Oct 30, 2014
Any other new's about this ? i would so love to go back to kitkat from the ugly and stupid lollipop.
I have a identical working phone on kitkat .. if there would be a way to make a back-up of that and force it into the lollipop one .. ??

giltwist

Feb 10, 2011
I'm now trying to understand how Android verifies a given bootloader as authentic. It seems like we might be able to just add the appropriate signature using the master keys. I just haven't really grokked how to do that yet.

I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but I built a TWRP for the Kyocera E6782 the other day for a friend on Lollipop and it worked for him, so I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else wants to try/use it. He said he was able to fastboot boot it, so you shouldn't even have to flash it to your recovery partition. Maybe someone with a working device can fastboot boot it and then dd the modem partitions people are looking to restore to get their mobile data back?

(just an idea)

twrp-2.8.7.0_CPTB-B1-E6782.img

Hopefully this helps!

Cap

zegoo

Feb 21, 2010
Hi all. Great news. But what about our European Torque Version KC-S701 ? Is there now a way to root this cousin of your Brig ? :D

NE-Phil

Dec 15, 2011
Upstate, NY
I'm waiting for root, too!

Yes, confirmed above method did not work. This phone has a very new kernel, I think that is the problem.
but hopefully someone will help.

All Kyocera Brigadier user please reply here. Let's all wait together :laugh:

Add me to the list. I just purchased my Brigadier after retiring my Commando.
Wow, a 2 year old phone and still not rooted!

Aug 9, 2016
Problem after upgrading android to lollipop

Hi, i have the problem after my try to upgrade android version through assistant. My phone constantly tries to launch but cant, could you help me? what should i do? im not from usa.. maybe someone could send me a android version wich works for this phone, and it possible to install it? where i could found the official version androig for installing on phone? how to do? need your advise.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but I built a TWRP for the Kyocera E6782 the other day for a friend on Lollipop and it worked for him, so I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else wants to try/use it. He said he was able to fastboot boot it, so you shouldn't even have to flash it to your recovery partition. Maybe someone with a working device can fastboot boot it and then dd the modem partitions people are looking to restore to get their mobile data back?

(just an idea)

twrp-2.8.7.0_CPTB-B1-E6782.img

Hopefully this helps!

Cap
    kyocera brigadier E6782 Unlock APN

kyocera brigadier E6782 Unlock APN
    there u go
    Remember .. when ur phone restart or Shutdown .. it will automatic restore default .. you need do this again
    How to open developer to Enable USB debug ( Settings --> About phone --> Click 5 times to model number )

and do this step

1. Download Debloater 3.4 ( you can search on XDA or google : Remove Bloatware from Your Android Device – XDA _
    2. Choose about this application same with me there list to block apps :

Starting to apply application changes to device
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Processing changes to: com.amazon.venezia -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.amazon.mShop.android -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.amazon.mp3 -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.dsi.ant.server -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.verizon.permissions.appdirectedsms -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.audible.application -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.barometer -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.android.dreams.basic -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.google.android.apps.books -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.google.android.apps.cloudprint -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.mdm.device -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.mdm.remotectrl -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.vzw.hs.android.modlite -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.contentstransfer -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.diagofflineservice -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: jp.kyocera.diagservice -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.omadm -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: jp.kyocera.DmNfcService -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.dnandservice -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.google.android.apps.docs -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.durauiclock -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.durauicompass -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.durauiweather -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.android.email -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.android.exchange -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.favoritewidget -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.google.android.tts -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.amazon.fv -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.qualcomm.gsmtuneaway -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.imdb.mobile -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.qualcomm.interfacepermissions -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.kcdropbox -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.kcmenu -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: jp.kyocera.kc_soundrecorder -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.amazon.kindle -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.help.helpapplication -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.google.android.apps.magazines -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.section7.mckiller -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.section7.mobilelight -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.monkeyscript -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.vzw.hss.widgets.infozone -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.vzw.hss.myverizon -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.PcoStatusReceiver -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: jp.kyocera.android.hardware.permission.KCCameraEx -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.android.dreams.phototable -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.infraware.polarisoffice5CrossPhire -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.cequint.ecid -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.android.printspooler -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.qualcomm.qcrilmsgtunnel -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.verizon.permissions.qos -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.morpho.app.quickpanoramakc -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.sdreflashapp -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.verizon.permissions.securesettings -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: jp.kyocera.selfprovisioning -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.android.shell -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.slacker.radio -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: org.simalliance.openmobileapi.service -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.verizon.permissions.sso -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.nuance.swype.input -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.google.android.videos -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.section7.vvm3 -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.verizon.permissions.vzwappapn -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.vzw.apnservice -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.verizon.vzwavs -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.vcast.mediamanager -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.verizon.familybase.companion -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.isis.mclient.verizon.activity -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.motricity.verizon.ssodownloadable -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.telecomsys.directedsms.android.SCG -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.vznavigator.Generic -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.vzwextension.service -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.asurion.android.verizon.vms -> Status is now blocked
    Processing changes to: com.kyocera.weatherclock -> Status is now blocked

Finished applying application changes to device !!
    Enjoy it :>

IF any admin or mod there .. please help me .. my old account hexpor i dont remmeber password and email ... how to recovery lmao
    Kyocera brigadier Unlock APN , no need root

Kyocera brigadier Unlock APN
    unlock apn no need root
    http: // rghost.net/60507293/image.png
    http: // rghost.net/60507324/image.png
    http: // rghost.net/60507338/image.png
    I just bought Verizon Kyocera Brigadier at full retail price and without any contract because I want to use the phone with other carriers and in other countries. Verizon stated that the phone is Global Ready and it is unlocked out-of-the box. Well, this is partially true. When I use the phone with other carriers I can still make/receive Call and Message but I don't have data access. There is no way to add/edit APN :mad:

After searching a lot it seems that the only way is to root the phone and add the APN manually. The problem is I can not find any successful/working app/method to root this phone.
    I have tried framaroot, Kingo root, Genius root, towelroot, etc but NONE is working :(

So please.. please again.. anyone could help me to root this phone I will be very thankful. I will gladly donate some money for your effort/help/time if it is successful :good:;)

This is the toughest phone in the world now with a good/decent spec and it should be awesome if I can use as 'real' smartphone. I have to use the phone with other carriers. Without a data access this is just a stupid though phone.

Any response, help, hint or comment are welcome. Thank you.
    Restore IMEI, WiFI mac, BT, NFC for Kyocera E6782

Dedicated to all "brave" flasher :
    1. Install the driver for the x86 (kc02us_setup_x86.msi) or x64 (kc02us_setup_x64.msi) (located in the phone)
    2. Examine :) initialization script the USB E6782 /init.kyocera.usb.rc (located in the phone)
    3. Change the setting Settings-Connectivity - Charge only
    4. Change mode USB port in DIAG, exec command (bold font), or ADB, or directly on the phone running Terminal
    root @ E6782: / # setprop sys.usb.config diag
    This is just line 11 from the configuration file init.kyocera.usb.rc. For educational purposes you can try other initialization strings. But we are interested mode "diag".
    5. Check that computer has correctly install new Com-Port "Kyocera USB KC02US Serial Port". In my case it (COM 13)
    6. Download program NV read-write parameters "NV-items_reader_writer.exe"(Google) .This is fast, easy, and correctly working program. I am grateful to the author (or authors).
    7. Run NV-items_reader_writer.exe and select port number of claims 5. (Again, in my case it (COM 13))
    8. Restore NV parameters. If you do not have a copy of your saved settings, you can use mine. it is recommended change IMEI, WiFi mac to your values in the Kyocera_E6782_NV_items.reader_writer_backup.txt.
    For IMEI: edit parameter 00550 (0x0226) (pairs of numbers should be flipped). Here is example IMEI 990004202207721
    9A 08 09 00 24 20 02 77 12
    For WiFi MAC edit option 04678 (0x1246) (pairs of numbers are not reversed). Here is example Wifi mac c4: 21: c8: 1f: d0: 87
    C4 C8 1F D0 21 87
    9. Reboot phone and check all settings and connections.