[ROM] CyanogenMod14.1 {Nightlies and Snapshots} & Cm13

Which builds are you using

• Total voters
Search This thread

Dead-neM

Jan 23, 2013
France
DISCLAIMER: I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS ON YOUR DEVICES CAUSED BY FLASHING THESE BUILDS. THE UPSTREAM CODE AND BUILDING IS MAINTAINED BY THE CYANOGENMOD TEAM, NOT ME. I AM NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR TEAM, I AM JUST THE THREAD OWNER.

What is CyanogenMod ? It is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones.

Notes: CyanogenMod's stock kernel forces encryption. If you're unencrypted use a custom kernel to keep it.
Also this thread assumes you have kept up to date bootloader and radio !!!
The latest can be downloaded here Shamu Factory images around 1gb!. But i recommand you to flash through TWRP the Bootloader and Radio from here Radio and Bootloader around 60mb.

Installation is simple
1/Download rom + gapps (C-apps optional)
2/flash through recovery (Twrp or CM recovery)
3/Enjoy!!!

----->CyanogenMod Download<-----
----->Open GApps<-----

Changelog
CyanogenApps
Twrp

Sources: Kernel & Rom

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] CyanogenMod14.1 {Nightlies and Snapshots} & Cm13, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
Dead-neM
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Up to date firmware (Fastboot+Radio)

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Everymonth
Current Beta Version: Everyday

Created 2016-04-22
Last Updated 2016-11-21

Dead-neM

Jan 23, 2013
France
Reserved

Do not declare a bug here in the idea that they'll be fixed. Here we discuss, share everything related to our CM N6

Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend

cyrildtm

Jan 21, 2011
Hi, Thank you all making CM work and supporting this device. I particularly love this phone since this is Motorola (well, sort of) with a AMOLED screen, but more importantly it's the CM's custom features that urged me chose this phone.

I have been using the 160402 nightly with no major problem, only having two live lock screen force closes after reboot. Yesterday I hoped to upgrade to a more recent nightly, but that turned out to fail. I got constant FC's on Phone app, although the LLS ones were gone.
I tried cleaning Phone app's data, disabling xposed, but no help. I don't want to wipe data or otherwise I have to TiBu and then manually set up a ton of things.
The new post OP gives me a hint maybe my radio is too old (MDM9625_104662.22.05.32R) so I'm now trying to flash the latest factory radio and flash the yesterday's nightly again. Also it may be true but not so obvious that my cell signal (Tmobile LTE) gets frequently dropped (no signal/emergency only). I didn't test long before TWRPing back to the old working nightly.

Just want to check out at now if there is any other thing I have missed? Or why am I getting constant Phone app FC?

Edit: I updated the radio to .34R but it didn't help. The Phone app crashes every time I launch it, without giving a report button and it even didn't give me a chance hit the OK button before it disappears. I managed to call somebody with the contacts app and I heard the dialing tone. I was able to hang up the call with the notification action button. Everything looks fine except for the "Dialer" app.

Last edited:

cyrildtm

Jan 21, 2011
@cyrildtm

Going to have to bite the bullet and clean flash then.

True. Maybe in the future.... Now rolling back to and sticking with the post-april-fool version with the one-time LLS FC. (hey I even survived the MOD one!)
Last time when I did a "clean flash" I TiBu-ed the system settings and all things messed up ending in another clean flash.... and TiBu again but this time with painful manual settings go-over.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
True. Maybe in the future.... Now rolling back to and sticking with the post-april-fool version with the one-time LLS FC. (hey I even survived the MOD one!)
Last time when I did a "clean flash" I TiBu-ed the system settings and all things messed up ending in another clean flash.... and TiBu again but this time with painful manual settings go-over.

Yeah, I mean I clean flash everything but I know everyone is different.

That's the nice thing about ROMs though, you don't HAVE to flash every nightly, I know I sure don't lol.

If they push a new commit I like then I update, but if everything is kosher, then the hell with it.

Dead-neM

Jan 23, 2013
France
Hi, Thank you all making CM work and supporting this device. I particularly love this phone since this is Motorola (well, sort of) with a AMOLED screen, but more importantly it's the CM's custom features that urged me chose this phone.

I have been using the 160402 nightly with no major problem, only having two live lock screen force closes after reboot. Yesterday I hoped to upgrade to a more recent nightly, but that turned out to fail. I got constant FC's on Phone app, although the LLS ones were gone.
I tried cleaning Phone app's data, disabling xposed, but no help. I don't want to wipe data or otherwise I have to TiBu and then manually set up a ton of things.
The new post OP gives me a hint maybe my radio is too old (MDM9625_104662.22.05.32R) so I'm now trying to flash the latest factory radio and flash the yesterday's nightly again. Also it may be true but not so obvious that my cell signal (Tmobile LTE) gets frequently dropped (no signal/emergency only). I didn't test long before TWRPing back to the old working nightly.

Just want to check out at now if there is any other thing I have missed? Or why am I getting constant Phone app FC?

Edit: I updated the radio to .34R but it didn't help. The Phone app crashes every time I launch it, without giving a report button and it even didn't give me a chance hit the OK button before it disappears. I managed to call somebody with the contacts app and I heard the dialing tone. I was able to hang up the call with the notification action button. Everything looks fine except for the "Dialer" app.
Hi I'm not using the stock dialer app but the Google one from playstore and i don't have force close so that's not a radio problem but an app problem. In fact having radio up to date normally improve stability over network cell comprehension etc... That's not a big deal but it is better to have a Marshmallow fastboot + radio on a Cm13 build which is Marshmallow based

Cm13 nightly can be really messed up a day but not an other. i think you just catch the wrong one

Dead-neM

Jan 23, 2013
France
Used titanium to restore data of system app have always been buggy for me on every phone tablet that i've possessed. TiBu is usefull for data app

Btw a clean flash doesn't mean to restore data of a previous rom lol

cyrildtm

Jan 21, 2011
That's the nice thing about ROMs though, you don't HAVE to flash every nightly, I know I sure don't lol.

If they push a new commit I like then I update, but if everything is kosher, then the hell with it.

I agree with you. Nightlies sometimes can be awesome but sometimes awful. I went to look at the github page for the dialer app and found they recently put quite a lot of commits so maybe one or two is breaking things but anyways those smart people will figure it out sooner or later. I will just wait and take another free software :)
I bumped up from a March nightly mainly because of a recent CVE patch (of course that went into the 0401 build mod). Other than that I don't really see any urgent reason for increasing the counters in my daily driver again.

Hi I'm not using the stock dialer app but the Google one from playstore and i don't have force close so that's not a radio problem but an app problem. In fact having radio up to date normally improve stability over network cell comprehension etc... That's not a big deal but it is better to have a Marshmallow fastboot + radio on a Cm13 build which is Marshmallow based

Cm13 nightly can be really messed up a day but not an other. i think you just catch the wrong one

I'm now on MOB30D radio (34R shown in settings, didn't copy down the version number shown in bootloader, but it did increase after flashing) and I can always make a phone call even now with an older nightly. so I can confirm the radio is working. I also noticed after flashing and first boot, when CM is about to finish "optimizing apps" the system gets a hot reboot (restart from animation) - oh btw another long-time bug is i never get themed boot animation unless i make a hot reboot (by FCing or any other way). Anyone same here?

From what I can remember the Dialer app has been a failure to me for more than a week. They did make a NPE fix there but seemed no help. Maybe I should install the Google's dialer as you do. I can still remember the AOSP English keyboard endless crash :silly: when I was on CM12.1 with an older device

Used titanium to restore data of system app have always been buggy for me on every phone tablet that i've possessed. TiBu is usefull for data app

One of the hard lessons I have learned.

Yeah, I mean I clean flash everything but I know everyone is different.
Btw a clean flash doesn't mean to restore data of a previous rom lol

Oh lol it never means that! A clean "flash" is no more than 90 seconds to me but a clean "install" means recovering a whole shelf of over a hundred apps from .... the play store .... no the auto re-install only works if i got the same android id

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawlrus

skim7x

Aug 15, 2010
Custom Kernel

I've been using nightlies for quite a while now, since my Nexus One and then my Samsung GS3. I've been reading up on Kernels but there are just so many... and they all say the same thing "Best balance of battery life and performance."

Yes, I could just try all 10 or so out there, but would like to be a little more efficient with my time, so I ask: What do you guys think is a good starting point for trying Kernels? I'm looking for obviously a good balance, but I'm a little more towards the performance side... CM13 has been a little laggy for me, especially with Swapps and rendering backgrounds loaded by chainfire's 500 Firepaper app. And I'll be damned if a colleague's iPhone is faster or more responsive than my Nexus!!!! :laugh:

Franko? ElementalX?

Dead-neM

Jan 23, 2013
France
I've been using nightlies for quite a while now, since my Nexus One and then my Samsung GS3. I've been reading up on Kernels but there are just so many... and they all say the same thing "Best balance of battery life and performance."

Yes, I could just try all 10 or so out there, but would like to be a little more efficient with my time, so I ask: What do you guys think is a good starting point for trying Kernels? I'm looking for obviously a good balance, but I'm a little more towards the performance side... CM13 has been a little laggy for me, especially with Swapps and rendering backgrounds loaded by chainfire's 500 Firepaper app. And I'll be damned if a colleague's iPhone is faster or more responsive than my Nexus!!!! :laugh:

Franko? ElementalX?
Try this one https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762636000737
This is the latest singularity kernel

Also on post 2 I've post 2 kernel Blackbird and Singularity which in my opinion are the best

I don't like elementalx and Franco but I'm open mind and I'll add link if you find an other good kernel

Reactions: skim7x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS ON YOUR DEVICES CAUSED BY FLASHING THESE BUILDS. THE UPSTREAM CODE AND BUILDING IS MAINTAINED BY THE CYANOGENMOD TEAM, NOT ME. I AM NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR TEAM, I AM JUST THE THREAD OWNER.

What is CyanogenMod ? It is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones.

Notes: CyanogenMod's stock kernel forces encryption. If you're unencrypted use a custom kernel to keep it.
    Also this thread assumes you have kept up to date bootloader and radio !!!
    The latest can be downloaded here Shamu Factory images around 1gb!. But i recommand you to flash through TWRP the Bootloader and Radio from here Radio and Bootloader around 60mb.

Installation is simple
    1/Download rom + gapps (C-apps optional)
    2/flash through recovery (Twrp or CM recovery)
    3/Enjoy!!!

----->CyanogenMod Download<-----
    ----->Open GApps<-----

Changelog
    CyanogenApps
    Twrp

Sources: Kernel & Rom

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] CyanogenMod14.1 {Nightlies and Snapshots} & Cm13, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    Dead-neM
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Up to date firmware (Fastboot+Radio)

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Everymonth
    Current Beta Version: Everyday

Created 2016-04-22
    Last Updated 2016-11-21
    The things I tested quickly (WiFi, BT, dialer, UI etc) worked fine and buttersmooth.

I wouldn't have added it to nightly builds if it wasn't working. :)

Snap will be added soon. I focused on the device bringup.
    https://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/172287/1
    Snap camera is coming!!!
    For those who are waiting for the Snap camera and/or Gello browser to be added to the build: manually copying them from another device that already got those features (Nexus 5/5X/6P) works fine. It seems that the library's are already in our builds, only the frontend is missing.
    I"ll have a look if i can make and maintain an flashable zip file to swap the default camera and browser app for Snap and Gello if there is any interest.