IMEI Backup, Restore

Search This thread

dark-shadow93

Apr 18, 2013
Damascus
Hello ... Are you rooted ? If so use EFS IEMI back up in play store...
I grabbed it from phone and placed on my PC and also saved it to google drive

Braggster

Absolutely rooted

Have you tried to restore using it?
I don't really trust these apps (bad experience on Galaxy S4) I would rather use Terminal emulator and type proper codes, which I want to know

Reactions: Braggster

hungdinh1

Mar 14, 2016
Sorry if this is irrelevant but why do you back up imei?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Absolutely rooted

I don't really trust these apps (bad experience on Galaxy S4) I would rather use Terminal emulator and type proper codes, which I want to know

Hi mate sorry for delay I've not personally backed up as I've had no need to but I know a few ppl who have also it's produced by wanam

All best braggster

Reactions: dark-shadow93

dark-shadow93

Apr 18, 2013
Damascus

Backuping EFS partition will backup data like device specific essential information such as the IMEI (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity), wireless device MAC address, baseband version, product code, system ID and NV data.

If you lose your IMEI during flashing and wiping roms, you will end up with a piece of brick incapable of making calls:crying:

Last edited:

ake2

Apr 1, 2015
Helsinki
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi all
Can someone help me because my phone (g935f) imei show only 00000000000 and my s/n-code is null. Phone think it is g935fd but it is only g935f. Waranty is void and problems start when i flash custom rom and i forget take efs backup so i try to flash stock firmware but its not working and kies restore not working because it ask s/n number and i dont no it How i can solve these problems?
Sorry my bad english
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

ake2

Apr 1, 2015
Helsinki
Samsung Galaxy S20
I flash renovate rom and serial number on the back of the phone is remove. I know what is my imei but i dont know how to put it in the phone. I think my imei and serial number is removed in efs folder because renovate rom use uk firmware and my phone needs nordic firmware but even if i flash nordic firmware with odin it's not solve the problem. I call samsung repair store and ask how much pay if they fix my phone and they say it's pay about 400-500€ so i try to find another solution fix that problem

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
After messing up my EFS partition, my wife took mine to a phone repair shop owned by an old friend of hers. He is pretty sure he can fix it. He has it today and asked that we collect it tomorrow. I have my doubts but we will see.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is good news. I lost my IMEI as well on my 930F. I was actually able to restore the s/n and fix dm-verity by copying certain files from my original corrupted efs folder that I had backed up to my ext sd and using my galaxy s6 edge I compared permissions and fixed them accordingly. File by file. Took me a while but eventually that fixed my dm-verity issue that wouldn't let me boot after flashing stock firmwares. My IMEI is still stuck on 00000's though. The s/n is under efs>factoryapp>serial_no. Just open that up with root browswer and input the s/n from the back of the phone or your original box and save. The permission for that file should be rwxr-r-- or 0744....thats how I was able to restore the s/n. For drk and dm verity I pretty much made sure every file except the corrupted nv_data.bin file was copied from my corrupted efs folder and used my s6 to compare and fix the permissions where needed. There's a few files in my s7 that my s6 does not have so I just left those alone. So I know there are still a few errors in my newly generated efs folder. But I was able to restore those above mentioned things and was able to regain signal/baseband. If anyone has anything that could help us out please share. The few people with octoplus boxes around me said that the fix was not available yet. Oh and well the nearest person with octoplus box is about 120 mile drive for me. So if he tells me he cant do it, I aint going. Thats a long drive..haha
    I did that (by editing the Efs.img and restored it using an efs restore app) and have got my IMEI back but will still get the dm verity failed error when flashing firmware. I have to flash the no verity zip to bypass it.

You should be able to get your IMEI back if you flash the factory binary firmware. I'll be happy to talk you through trying to get your IMEI back. Send me a PM if you want any assistance :)

If I get time today I am also going to start making some videos and a guide to explain ways people can fix these issues.

I think since you are the first to be able to repair you should do a guide on how to repair it. Anyway of posting the file you need to edit without any personal info in it? That way people can grab it and edit to there specifics.

tapped on #datbombv7EchoeRom

Backuping EFS partition will backup data like device specific essential information such as the IMEI (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity), wireless device MAC address, baseband version, product code, system ID and NV data.

If you lose your IMEI during flashing and wiping roms, you will end up with a piece of brick incapable of making calls:crying:
    Just head over to echorom.com and sign up. V7 is amazing. So fast, no bugs, and the battery is amazing. Fried has really out done himself on this rom. Sorry of OT. Great news to have a imei fix for the future. Although i have backups from every app out there and twrp lol and they are backed up to various cloud storages

tapped on #datbombv7EchoRom
    Hello ... Are you rooted ? If so use EFS IEMI back up in play store...
    I grabbed it from phone and placed on my PC and also saved it to google drive

Braggster

Absolutely rooted