Looking to buy would like some info.

Search This thread

stigslim

Hi, looking to buy a P9000 from honorbuy with the accessories to go with it but would appreciate a couple of pointers first. I'm in the UK and was concerned about which Rom will come on the phone (read a little about bloatware and malware) and if so would I need to flash it and what with. I need to be able to use certain banking apps and such so wouldn't want to buy it only to discover it doesn't do what I need. Any help its greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

MrGoatsy

Apr 15, 2016
When I got the phone the stock ROM was fine so I think you don't have to do anything.

MrGoatsy

Apr 15, 2016
I live in The Netherlands and I use T-Mobile.

I bought mine via Aliexpress which I don't recommend doing.

lds777

Nov 16, 2010
London
I'm in the UK and on a giffgaff (O2 network) 4G £10/month SIM only goodybag. I bought my phone from Coolicool with DHL delivery. Arrived quickly (3 working days), packaged well, though had to pay nearly £20 customs (Coolicool offer 'insurance' for this for around £12 which I didn't take).

Phone comes with a a version of Marshmallow close to 'pure' Android. Not much bloatware at all so I wouldn't worry about that. I find Elephone's additions useful though YMMV. It isn't a problem to root the phone and customise it even more although nobody seems to have been able to get Xposed working on it yet.

If you are on the latest ROM and read my post about avoiding standby battery drain (an Android rather than Elephone issue) I think you'll be very pleased with the phone. It looks nice, has a great screen, is fast, is reliable, and showcases how far Android has come well.

Feb 29, 2016
I am in the UK and have one and it is great. Hardly any apps come preinstalled so it was quick to set up and lightning fast. I would not hesitate getting another one if I needed.
I have it on tesco and that works fine with some 4g coverage up in the hills. I bought it through gearbest via hong kong and I am sure I never had to pay any customs (HK trade agreement I think)

stigslim

Sounds like it should be right up my street, just a little cocerned as its not easy to return if there are problems but other than the obvious it sounds like my cup of tea.Thanks again for replies, knew i could count on the XDA forum members for good advice.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

wrighty1973

Jun 10, 2009
Hi, looking to buy a P9000 from honorbuy with the accessories to go with it but would appreciate a couple of pointers first. I'm in the UK and was concerned about which Rom will come on the phone (read a little about bloatware and malware) and if so would I need to flash it and what with. I need to be able to use certain banking apps and such so wouldn't want to buy it only to discover it doesn't do what I need. Any help its greatly appreciated.

If you're coming from the G3 (which I did), you'll be disappointed with the camera. A lot.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I live in The Netherlands and I use T-Mobile.

I bought mine via Aliexpress which I don't recommend doing.

I'm on Vodafone NL and the 4G works fine.

How are your other experiences with the phone like camera, battery, fingerprint scanner etc.

I'm fairly disappointed with my P9000, to be honest.

MrGoatsy

Apr 15, 2016
If you're coming from the G3 (which I did), you'll be disappointed with the camera. A lot.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

How are your other experiences with the phone like camera, battery, fingerprint scanner etc.

It is good, I can call, send messages and use Internet just fine.

wasjapupkin

Apr 25, 2016

-Camera is improvable
-Battery is one of the best I ever had (especially with mod tweaks)
-fingerprint scanner is working pretty good (would rate 8/10)
-Build quality is charming
-I receive internet and 4g in university where I couldn't before with my old phone (obviously good)

In a nutshell I am very happy with it, regarding this price class I would buy it again ))

Only negative point is camera and that's not a secret,but I can't understand other negative points.

MrGoatsy

Apr 15, 2016
-Camera is improvable
-Battery is one of the best I ever had (especially with mod tweaks)
-fingerprint scanner is working pretty good (would rate 8/10)
-Build quality is charming
-I receive internet and 4g in university where I couldn't before with my old phone (obviously good)

In a nutshell I am very happy with it, regarding this price class I would buy it again ))

Only negative point is camera and that's not a secret,but I can't understand other negative points.

How did you get better battery life?

wasjapupkin

Apr 25, 2016
As I mentioned, best I ever had. I literally surf hours via wifi and lose 5-10% with 20-30% brightness.

I disabled all energy saver options(battery settings), afterwards i activated WiFi (always on) and flashed mod from Rodriguez's (sorry if I call him wrong :D )
You find his mod in "kernel, mod"-section.

Be sure to be rooted and have installed recovery (preferable SU with TWRP)

Reactions: DaBountyHunter

MrGoatsy

Apr 15, 2016
As I mentioned, best I ever had. I literally surf hours via wifi and lose 5-10% with 20-30% brightness.

I disabled all energy saver options(battery settings), afterwards i activated WiFi (always on) and flashed mod from Rodriguez's (sorry if I call him wrong :D )

Can you link me the post?

wasjapupkin

Apr 25, 2016
Still sounds pretty promising considering the price point. Trying to get a good all rounder without the inflated price tag, had enough of paying £500 plus for a handset worth bothering with. What would you compare the camera with?.
Camera isnt that bad, especially with mods, but there is still enough room for optimizations.

I would rate it 7/10, some pictures are very good, some aren't. Let's wait for better optimizations ))

realcams

Apr 24, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
And I still think it is not the camera hardware itself, it is the camera firmware in Kernel which isn´t good enough. Using e.g. the original Google AOSP Camera App makes no difference in quality.
But: Already saw an improvement with latest Stock Firmware and expect more to come!

smartjim25

Apr 23, 2016
I am from the UK and I purchased mine through Amazon.co.uk (Hifone) it took about 15 days to arrive. I got the phone, USB C cable, transparent cover, a normal slow charger and kickstand for £199 delivered! I am using the phone on the three network both 3G and 4G without any issue what so ever. The phone has had an OTA 09042016 build and has solved a lot off issues. Overall I am very pleased with the phone. I have also bought a couple of generic wireless chargers of Amazon and work very well too.
The elephone P9000 is a bargain and the spec and price prove that!

Last edited:

Rebel Rouser

Nov 7, 2015
Just bought my p9000 on ebay UK for £179.00 should be here on Friday 6th may on free delivery. Will keep you all informed if all OK. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Still sounds pretty promising considering the price point. Trying to get a good all rounder without the inflated price tag, had enough of paying £500 plus for a handset worth bothering with. What would you compare the camera with?.

Thats just the answer i was looking for. Cheers

Interested to hear how you find it, I think for me at the moment the best value handsets are the P9000 and the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. Both have a good sized 32GB internal storage with the sd card option, both have decent battery capacities and decent RAM/CPU. The obvious difference is the OS, as you are getting close to stock android with the P9000, but Xiaomi's UI with the Note 3 Pro.
    It was a toss up between those two for me but plumbed for the p9000 in the end, fingers crossed I should be good. The wife won't be impressed if I'm not. Will be sure to give my opinion when I have it.

Im using the P9000 and its fine for my uses. The RAM does help greatly with multitasking etc. gaming wise I never use my mobile to game (use my PC) so cant really comment on that score but from what I've read this isn't the best gaming mobile handset due to its CPU but I would imagine its still pretty good. handling many games (altho dunno about any overheating - perhaps check out YouTube tests?)
    My navigation and GPS are spot on, I only use the Car Sat Nav & general walking navigation but works flawlessly for me.
    The Fingerprint scanner is still buggy as hell and temperamental though, even with latest update from Elephone. I can use fingerprint to authorise payment from Playstore fine though
    And yeah Elephone are kinda renowned for lets say stretching the imagine when it advertises its specs. Still for the money I paid, real bargain powerful handset. ;0)
    And btw, if you use Andriod Pay (or want too) forget the P9000 it wont work - Elephone need to authorise the device or something with Google. (found this out when I tried to use Android Pay)