Galaxy S5 plus SM-G901F user thread. And Repository :)

Search This thread

qav

Dec 7, 2014
upgraded my G901F from
rooted by KingRoot G901FXXU1BOK2 (NEE region), knox 0x0

to

G901FXXU1CPE1 (DBT region) without wipe , knox still 0x0

after upgrade telephone started up in 20 minutes, all this time taken by optimization of programms already installed and some other optimizations by new version of Android

upgrade process taken 13% of battery, phone was really hot

after upgrade process all is fine, root lost, but all programs working perfect and all my data still on its own places, nothing deleted at all (except SuperSU) :)

now phone look faster, will check battery life soon

uploaded to mirror: http://www.c-e.lv/G901FXXU1CPE1_G901FDBT1CPE1_DBT.zip for fast download

screenshots in attachment

do you think this firmware will work on Romania too? Should not have anything to do with modem, right?
it's my wife phone and also rooted with kingroot. G901F

putti71

do you think this firmware will work on Romania too? Should not have anything to do with modem, right?
it's my wife phone and also rooted with kingroot. G901F
Should work, but root is gone after you have flashed firmware. Make sure to make a full system clean in TWRP, before you flash with odin

Gesendet von meinem SM-G901F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: qav

noteics

Jun 17, 2012
Android for NEE is redy

1b842a474e3fee2571d0ee8e2e93db0a.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

qav

Dec 7, 2014
Happened the same to me. Error about too large file. Did it again using that PIT file and worked like a charm.
My wife S5+ is now with marshmallow. Thank you all !

coc014

Oct 25, 2011
I've flashed it with pit file, it was booting for too long (and it was warm), I decided to wipe data/factory reset, now it's booting again, I wonder how much time it needs

edit : it's finally good, it booted

Last edited:

stfand

May 13, 2016
Hello! New and n00b here, hoping for some clarifications from you guys with experience.

I have a network locked G901F on Orange Romania.
1. I know it can be anyone's guess, but for the previous updates, or generally from your experience, how long can it take for the network branded OTA update to arrive?
2. If it's locked, can I flash one of those 2 firmwares already available?
3. Would this trip the Knox counter or void my warranty for some other reason?
4. Do I need a pit file for this flash? And what pit? I just found one for 4.4.4 Orange Ro, but I'm on 5.0.2. Or the pit must correspond to the new firmware I'm flashing (the one uploaded by overlord) and not the current one.
5. Can I somehow backup the current fw? I haven't seen the 5.0.2 for Orange Ro on sammobile. Just in case I need to flash back the "original" thing for warranty claims.

I hope at least some of my questions aren't entirely dumb and thank you for your patience and answers!

CataVlad

Apr 28, 2012
Cluj-Napoca
1. Could be around the corner, could be months away. Still, i kinda expect it soon.
2. Yes. With odin.
3. As long as its official rom, it wont trip the knox. Or at least in 9x% of cases, they say.
4. Not sure, but you might need a pit. Just try without pit and see. If it says fail (size), u need flash a pit too. You can bring it back to life by flashing what you previously had. Or probably some rom with same, lower size. But havent tried, just revived it with what it had previously. And yes, pit has to be extracted from the rom you wanna flash. If you need a pit, i might put a LP NEE pit for you in my dropbox and share the link, but not until tomorrow evening.
5. You need a custom recovery for a nandroid backup. There might be apps that allow u to backup certain stuff, but not sure you can back up your entire system with an app like you do with a nandroid. Still, i think the Oro rom is on zammobile, just i think it is written as unknown. Check again :)
If anything is wrong, pls someone correct me :)

welshbloke70

Jan 3, 2008
And yes, pit has to be extracted from the rom you wanna flash. If you need a pit, i might put a LP NEE pit for you in my dropbox and share the link, but not until tomorrow evening.

Is that the .pit from the NEE ROM on Sammobile?

If it is I'd be very grateful for a copy as well. I'm having trouble flashing my UK EE (EVR) S5.

stfand

May 13, 2016
OK, I assumed it was listed as unknown but just didn't know which. Considering the CSC G901FORL1BOC1, it is the one listed on 15.07. That clears that up, in case I need back the original one.

Thanks for the answers, guys!
Now I just have to make up my mind if I'm willing to give it another 2-4 weeks for the OTA update or flash one of those unbranded versions. Kind of ridiculous to have bought an almost top of the line Samsung back in august and have to live with an incredibly laggy phone (way slower than S4 on lollipop) and with significant problems. Not to mention that it hasn't received even minor updates in almost a year since I bought it.
As for the pit, thank you, but I have yet to decide if I'm flashing or waiting some more.

Last edited:

UppGr4de

Nov 29, 2008
Is anyone working on a custom based on mm? (or even a debloated rom) The xda search is not being too useful.

nightryder

Jan 6, 2012
eindhoven
Since I updated to mm, I have random signal loss when on cellular data. The signal is completely gone and I get the signal back after about 2 sec. Anyone can help me?? I'm on the official German mm and have a Dutch branded phone (kpn)

Sent from my SM-G901F using XDA-Developers mobile app

koenakker

Sep 18, 2013
Since I updated to mm, I have random signal loss when on cellular data. The signal is completely gone and I get the signal back after about 2 sec. Anyone can help me?? I'm on the official German mm and have a Dutch branded phone (kpn)

I'm having the same, also in the Netherlands... Already tested The German and NEE Marshmallow versions. Does anyone have a solution for this. Everything else works well, but the signal loss is terrible.

Reactions: nightryder

nightryder

Jan 6, 2012
eindhoven
I'm having the same, also in the Netherlands... Already tested The German and NEE Marshmallow versions. Does anyone have a solution for this. Everything else works well, but the signal loss is terrible.
OK thanks for the reply! Should be software issue then. Maybe we need to wait for the Dutch version to roll out. Everything else indeed works perfectly!

Top Liked Posts