Remove All Ads from XDA
Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: [Theme] The BlackBerry Experie…
15th May 2016, 09:47 AM
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 54

More
[Theme] The BlackBerry Experience
Hello Friends,

This is my first post on our beloved OPX forum and today i would like to contribute something back to this helpful community.
Over the years i have tried and used almost every mobile os there is (except for meego harmattan :P) and one OS which i was particular fond of, was Blackberry OS 10.

Blackberry OS has some neat trick on its side.
One which is the most interesting is blackberry hub .
In case you are not familiar with it, Blackberry hub segregates all your notifications, emails, logs, messages and events in one centralized hub.
When i heard that blackberry apps of priv have been ported to other devices, i got really excited and started experimenting
and this thread is the result of my experimentation !

Requirements :

Procedure :

Start with installing layers and applying domination layers theme. this will give you unified black theme system wide

Install Blackberry manager and install blackberry services first.
(Things which are greyed out are not installed)
Note : For some reason blackberry services crash sometimes on lollipop versions (work flawlessly on 6.0 though).

Install blackberry hub , blackberry keyboard, contacts, calender and device search.
(Provide appropriate permissions to avoid unwanted crashes)

To get easy access to hub and universal search i replaced default on screen navigation buttons with them
(Check Screenshots !)
To replace them go to settings > swipe from left to access exodus menu > Interface > Navigation Bar > select editior tab and edit the buttons
For e.g select on back key > select short action (this will open up a shortcut menu) > select custom app/ action > applications and then select blackberry hub, device search and a app u use frequently
Modifying on screen button allows u to use them system wide (Takes a little time to get used to).

Install smart launcher 3 and apply the black style theme
(i chose black style cos it somewhat matches blackberry's tradition interface)
You can use blackberry launcher as well from blackberry manager app if it appeals you !

That's It !
Enjoy the blackberry experience on your One plus x
Attached Files
File Type: apk cobalt.blackberrymanager.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.70 MB, 188 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to karan5chaos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift karan5chaos Ad-Free