Does the International version support Wi-Fi calling and VolTE on T-Mobile?

Search This thread

nitin1009

Sep 7, 2009
I have the G935f - s7 Edge using AT&T sim card. The rom is from Egypt (got it form eBay Techno Trading). Wondering would the Czech Republic ROM really add Wi-Fi Calling or is that only for Tmobile Sim cards? Also anyone figure out how to add Wi-Fi. I am switching to AT&T prepaid and my 3G micro-cell won't work if I did that which means falling back on Wi-Fi Calling would be preferred. TMo sucks in my area.

Also which ROM gets the fastest software updates? Does Flashing require rooting? I know it's a dream but would like to keep Samsung Pay hope open.

Cloudrift

Jun 3, 2013
Evidence? Is this TMO US?

Yes, according to him.

Mine stays with LTE when I make a call and talk. I am currently using superman 1.3 rom.

Mine is g930s btw not g930f. This is the only variant with 64gb internal storage without the samsumg logo on the front.

2e747cd8e69afcc6841ab1598f9050e8.jpg
2ef9ce09ceef82fcf685ba2c0ca2ca8c.jpg
5a894410dc75eca58bd6740f65d60b72.jpg

Yes for me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jjohn7293

Jan 25, 2013
LA
For anyone still trying to get the g930f to work with T-Mobile, I have tried and tried but I felt that it was a losing battle anyway because T-Mobile deprioritizes you after 21 GB. I found out that cricket just recently released an unlimited everything plan including unlimited LTE with no throttling or slow downs for $70, or $65 if you have auto pay. Here's the kicker tho... The reason they offer unlimited LTE on the ATT network while charging less than ATT is because the max speed is 8mbs. I switched because that beats my T-Mobile average speed anyway

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

radiohead14

Sep 9, 2010
NYC

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
It's the same rom, only the volte option changes. The only con I could find is that updates may not be as fast as on the unbranded version of the rom.

There is no bloatware on the BOG cec rom, they look and act just like the unbranded version.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk
Hrm. Would this also work with the Canadian version? It's also a Exynos, and (from what I've read) compatible with G930F ROMs.

Wonder if that would allow Android Pay/Samsung Pay to work? SureTap Wallet (the hokey Canadian equivalent) is anemic and restricted to a single banks' credit cards. :(

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vzaliva

Feb 17, 2012
To try to get VoLTE working, get a firmware from an operator listed in the attached list (courtesy of GSA - Global Mobile Suppliers Assoc.). T-Mobile Czech is the only other TMo operator beside US. The Czech firmware is branded with Tmo boot logo. Beside Tmo US, other operators that have both VoLTE and Wifi calling include Rogers (SM-G930W8, lack of publicly available firmware) and Swisscom..

Thank you very much for researching this! I am extremely curious to hear from somebody who tried Czech firmware on T-mobile USA. At this moment I could not experiment with updating firmware on my S7 as it is my main phone which is critical for my work and have tons of data, applications and settings which I do not want to re-install and re-configure. But if somebody will confirm that Czech firmware provides Wi-Fi calling I will do it.

lost_

Jan 29, 2010
DC
I think collectively all the information on this thread is pretty complete regarding the current state of T-Mobile US VoLTE on 930F. Those who are curious just have to go through this thread thoroughly.

As noted on the various posts, T-Mobile US VoLTE worked for some. I tried their same method and it didn't work for me, even after painstakingly modifying CSC files (I happen to have both 930T and 930F). I pm'd someone (who does not yet own a 930F) and got more information about the framework needing to be modified to enable VoLTE on T-Mobile USA network, due to the way constants are compiled. I don't have the time to do it but hopefully when he gets his international variant, he would work on it. Don't ask me who it was as I'm sure if/when he's done it, he'll share it here on XDA.

bwhite12345

May 20, 2016
To The Members Who Flashed Their Samsung S7 G930F to T-Mobile Czech
So What Type of Network Icons Are You Getting on T-Mobile Czech ? E.g E,3G and LTE or E,H+ and 4G ?
Personally I Like E,3G and LTE icons Better

LTE icons and much better speeds.

G935FD on stock firmware was <1M down, 2-3M up on T-Mobile, ~8M up/down on AT&T. Both said 4G - never saw LTE.
Flashed to T-Mobile Czech, now getting 30M up/down on T-Mobile, ~ 8M up/down on AT-T. Both now say LTE.

While LTE Discovery showed LTE towers, on stock firmware it was like it wasn't actually using LTE but older 2G-4G networks on both carriers. With T-Mobile Czech firmware it is now definitely using LTE on both carriers.

Native T-Mobile and AT&T SIMs, not MVNOs.

No wi-Fi calling option though - would love to attain that for T-Mobile given the way it's network is.

thegendler

Oct 12, 2010

G935FD on stock firmware was <1M down, 2-3M up on T-Mobile, ~8M up/down on AT&T. Both said 4G - never saw LTE.
Flashed to T-Mobile Czech, now getting 30M up/down on T-Mobile, ~ 8M up/down on AT-T. Both now say LTE.

While LTE Discovery showed LTE towers, on stock firmware it was like it wasn't actually using LTE but older 2G-4G networks on both carriers. With T-Mobile Czech firmware it is now definitely using LTE on both carriers.

No wi-Fi calling option though - would love to attain that for T-Mobile given the way it's network is.

You flashed the G930F to the Czech T-Mobile firmware? Can you link to that firmware? Do you also have a G930FD? Did you change the firmware on that at all?

Reactions: rp3

rp3

Mar 26, 2010
Can you upload your CSC files, (others.xml and customer.xml from system/csc). I have been trying to modify my tekHD install to support VOLTE.

bwhite12345

May 20, 2016
Can you upload your CSC files, (others.xml and customer.xml from system/csc). I have been trying to modify my tekHD install to support VOLTE.
Sadly I am returning my 935FD as I could never get the two SIMs to play nicely in this phone (for data). Phone worked great with either SIM installed, but with both installed I could not get a stable data connection. I think it is meant for two SIMs from same carrier to have a second voice/text line, but not meant for two SIMs from different carriers. At least TMo and ATT don't work well in this phone when both installed, unsure of other carrier combinations. When I did manage to get data working from one SIM when both SIMs were installed, it would fail to transition to and from Wi-Fi and reconnect to LTE/4G on a consistent basis unless I rebooted the phone after leaving Wi-Fi.

Never attained VoLTE or TMo WiFi using various ROM found in other threads. Wi-Fi on TMo is important to me because they really suck as a carrier and I need it in my home despite being in an urban setting close to a city center. I also get free TMo in-flight texting on GoGo equipped planes and since I travel a good bit that is a nice perk, but it requires TMo WiFi. Unlocked 935T is on the way.

Reactions: filterxg

filterxg

Sep 25, 2011
Sadly I am returning my 935FD as I could never get the two SIMs to play nicely in this phone (for data). Phone worked great with either SIM installed, but with both installed I could not get a stable data connection. I think it is meant for two SIMs from same carrier to have a second voice/text line, but not meant for two SIMs from different carriers. At least TMo and ATT don't work well in this phone when both installed, unsure of other carrier combinations. When I did manage to get data working from one SIM when both SIMs were installed, it would fail to transition to and from Wi-Fi and reconnect to LTE/4G on a consistent basis unless I rebooted the phone after leaving Wi-Fi.

Never attained VoLTE or TMo WiFi using various ROM found in other threads. Wi-Fi on TMo is important to me because they really suck as a carrier and I need it in my home despite being in an urban setting close to a city center. I also get free TMo in-flight texting on GoGo equipped planes and since I travel a good bit that is a nice perk, but it requires TMo WiFi. Unlocked 935T is on the way.
Super helpful! You just saved me $500.

My work restricts me to AT&T galaxy phones (unrooted) or iPhones. Then I have T-Mobile for my personal phone.

I've wanted to merge the two on a dual sim phone for a long time. And had hoped this would be the phone that finally did it.

Guess the wait continues.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

jrfan888

Oct 2, 2013
Super helpful! You just saved me $500.

My work restricts me to AT&T galaxy phones (unrooted) or iPhones. Then I have T-Mobile for my personal phone.

I've wanted to merge the two on a dual sim phone for a long time. And had hoped this would be the phone that finally did it.

Guess the wait continues.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

I currently use T-Mobile and ATT on the same G930FD. I dont see a data hand off problem. i always keep my data on the T-Mo sim and voice calling on the ATT.

EddiePR

May 15, 2012
I have sm-g930f unlocked on tmobile netwok and i have no Volte on settings. When i do a call the signal changes LTe to 3G. Before this i had the tmobile note 5 and i remember the international roms lost the option of volte and wifi calling. You need a tmobile rom and kernel

G

GuestK0080

I currently use T-Mobile and ATT on the same G930FD. I dont see a data hand off problem. i always keep my data on the T-Mo sim and voice calling on the ATT.
Is your tmo sim 1 or 2? I have tmo and att as well on a g930fd and mine prefers sim 1 (tmo) for data. Even on the latest firmware samsung hasnt fixed it. When im driving in the car, moving around town, etc it it will switch from sim 2 data which is att to sim 1 and of course sim 1 at the time is not set for data so im dead in the water until I check the phone. I would leave it on sim 1 for data since I have an unlimited plan but tmo coverage in the Dallas area has always been hit or miss. Its their band 4 that sucks. I have better signal with band 12 or band 2 but all my phones seem to prefer tmo band 4 which just doesnt work as well as band 12 in low signal areas, and good luck with band 4 inside buildings. Which is why my other sim is att. Im tempted to cancel tmo and switch it to att but I pay a lot less with tmo and I like tmobile tuesdays lol. Lately I just leave sim 1 disabled until I really need it since it seems to be better on battery and the number autoforwards anyway.

jrfan888

Oct 2, 2013
Is your tmo sim 1 or 2? I have tmo and att as well on a g930fd and mine prefers sim 1 (tmo) for data. Even on the latest firmware samsung hasnt fixed it. When im driving in the car, moving around town, etc it it will switch from sim 2 data which is att to sim 1 and of course sim 1 at the time is not set for data so im dead in the water until I check the phone. I would leave it on sim 1 for data since I have an unlimited plan but tmo coverage in the Dallas area has always been hit or miss. Its their band 4 that sucks. I have better signal with band 12 or band 2 but all my phones seem to prefer tmo band 4 which just doesnt work as well as band 12 in low signal areas, and good luck with band 4 inside buildings. Which is why my other sim is att. Im tempted to cancel tmo and switch it to att but I pay a lot less with tmo and I like tmobile tuesdays lol. Lately I just leave sim 1 disabled until I really need it since it seems to be better on battery and the number autoforwards anyway.

T-Mo is in the first slot and Att in the second. I didn't think it mattered because when I switch, I make sure it matches the one I'm making calls with so I have LTE.

G

GuestK0080

T-Mo is in the first slot and Att in the second. I didn't think it mattered because when I switch, I make sure it matches the one I'm making calls with so I have LTE.
Ive noticed and others have reported the issue on the regular s7 and edge duos that the active data sim will automatically switch to the other sim for data, which isnt active for data so then you have nothing until you switch them back manually. Problem doesnt exist if I just disable one of the sims. Ifs frustrating.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So to confirm, it sounds like VoLTE will work if you flash the czech republic firmware. I don't have the phone yet, but am probably going to get the edge version, wanted to confirm this first. So all I would need to do is download this version and follow the instructions at the bottom to install correct?
    https://samsung-firmware.org/download/Galaxy-S7-Edge/6r53/TMZ/G935FXXU1APB4/G935FTMZ1APB2/
    I just downloaded the Czech Republic T-Mobile firmware and Flash all 5 files. But my phone did have CSC from Nigeria which kept me from connecting to any LTE network and keeping my download speed below 10K a second

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

On another note I did tweet the CEO of T-Mobile to ask him about United States T-Mobile version for the g930fd and his response was nothing yet which makes me think that hopefully eventually they'll come out with the US version
    Still working on it. It seems WiFi Calling does not work with the standard United Kingdom firmware either, despite the option being there. Enabling it doesn't even bring up a warming.

I theneed flashed to the Vodafone UK latest ROM but the WiFi Calling option wasnt even on this. I reflashes this imaged using CSC_HOME instead and oddly enough, WiFi calling appeared again but enabling it still didn't work.

I'm about to flash to an older Vodafone UK ROM and see how we go from there.
    Like I said some by roms work. I actually just got it working on hydraROM today and you don't have to install root in that so...
    The intl version does not have band 12, wifi calling on TMO, or VoLTE support on TMO.

Don't do it.
    So much for Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE with an Exynos Galaxy S7....