[ROM] AICP -LP-10.0 Amazon Fire 2015 (Ford) (24-07-2016)

Search This thread

cbolumar

Nov 25, 2006
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
* in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

##############################

Welcome.
This is AICP Lollipop 10.0 ROM fon Amazon Fire 2015. I had been using it since 3 moths ago.
Last version is based in android-5.1.1_r37

Problems:

Installation process:
Prerequisites for Installation
- Cyanogen Recovery or TWRP Image
OR
-Flashfire 0.5

Fresh Installation

- From your recovery perform a Factory Reset
- Flash the ROM File
- Flash SuperSU if you want root access
- Flash Open Gapps of your choice.
- Reboot and enjoy!

Update Using TWRP or FlashFire
- Flash the ROM File
- Reboot and enjoy!

Download Rom and Gapps:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651429356503164
http://opengapps.org/

Contributors
cbolumar

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information

Created 2016-01-22
Last Updated 2016-07-4

Credits to:

k4y0z | csolanol | diegocr | qgow | CyanogenMod | | AICP | Google

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] AICP -LP-10.0 Amaz�n Fire 2015 (Ford) (24-07-2016), ROM for the Amazon Fire

Contributors
cbolumar, cbolumar
Based On: AICP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2016-05-20

Created 2016-05-22
Last Updated 2016-07-25

Last edited:

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
@cbolumar Awesome!!!

You are back with a vengeance. Wanna Thank You for sharing your awesome roms. Please continue in the future.

All my tablets can run TWRP. But I am guessing for those on newer FW this Rom should be fully flashable with FlashFire v32 like the RR Rom ?

Also, what are the Gapps you recommend for both your Roms. NANO ?

AICP doesn't advertise its features as well as RR but it sure looks like another Awesome AIO Rom....

https://youtu.be/28mytrMrjm8

Last edited:

kr338r

Jun 20, 2012
Giving this a spin...
Been on Resurrection for months and been loving that.

Thanks for your awesome contributions!!!

forty9er

Dec 8, 2008
riverside
just reflashed and play store is still a no go installed different variations of gapps and no play store am i doing something wrong

Azzop

Dec 7, 2015
Brescia
Flashed over resurrection remix without wiping data.. Infinite boot

Edit: Re flashed now.. with a Data Wipe Rom is working: In my case Data wipe needed from resurrection remix

Last edited:

gostmn26

Sep 1, 2014
No play store

I have installed this and it seems to be running great. I have been running resurrection remix since January and love it.

I seem to be having the same problem as another user with this install and play store doesn't seem to work with the installation.

I am installing with flashfire since I had the fire 5.1.1 update installed and the sequence I installed it is:

wipe
ROM install
SuperSU
GAPPS pico ARM 5.1

I didn't have a problem with the RR install and did it exactly like that and it worked fine. I even tried installing play services and then play store manually and when I do this then play services keeps crashing.

Edit:
So I got this going and soft bricked it in the process, however, was able to recover. I tried flashing this multiple times and was having problems with Play Store not installing even though it was being flashed after the ROM and before SuperSU. I then was caught in a bootloop that would get as far as the boot logo and that was it. I tried to sideload official firmware and couldn't get into device while in recovery. I then on a whim while in recovery clicked on erase/restore device and it restored back to ResurrectionRemix.

From there I used FlashFire again to flash AICP and still no Play Store. So here is how I got Play Store in by flashing again with FlashFire. When I added in the ROM, GAPPS, and SuperSU, instead of click on "mount," I instead left the default "read/write mount," (or whatever it was) checked and it worked. I now have Play Store and was able to restore all my apps and settings with Titanium backup.

I now have a question about Trebucet launcher and changing something. In Resurrection Remix the all the Drawer could either be set to scroll horizontal or vertical. I prefer vertical and have never like horizontal scrolling for apps; just my personal choice. Is there a way in AICP to change this for vertical scrolling, I am not afraid to modify scripts if need be.

Last edited:

DBugg

May 2, 2011
if i forgot to root before flashing do i have to go back to stock and do everything all over again.. my fire was 5.1.2 so i cant use twrp

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
if i forgot to root before flashing do i have to go back to stock and do everything all over again.. my fire was 5.1.2 so i cant use twrp
You could not flash if not previously rooted. But that's irrelevant with a custom rom installed which should already be rooted. You're probably just missing a root manager. Try installing SuperSU; suggest v2.65.

DBugg

May 2, 2011
yea i tried both methods, rooting using the supertool and installing supersu but some error comes up saying "binaries cant be installed".. so i sideloaded back to stock rerooted reflashed reeverything but its cool.. i know better now

d12welve

Apr 13, 2009
I love this ROM but was unsuccessful in getting gapps to work properly. So I wiped and flashed Fire Nexus ROM with play store. Installed flashfire and 'dirty flashed' just wiping system data, cache, dalvik cache and then flashing AICP ROM, gapps pico nano. It seemed to have worked... on the optimizing screen it listed the apps I had before the flash. It booted up and then I got stuck at the 'checking connection' screen after picking my wifi.

I'm guessing this has something to do with me not doing a full wipe before flashing but I'm not sure. Any thoughts, suggestions? I'm leaning toward just wiping and reflashing again...

gostmn26

Sep 1, 2014
Had the same problem to start

I love this ROM but was unsuccessful in getting gapps to work properly. So I wiped and flashed Fire Nexus ROM with play store. Installed flashfire and 'dirty flashed' just wiping system data, cache, dalvik cache and then flashing AICP ROM, gapps pico nano. It seemed to have worked... on the optimizing screen it listed the apps I had before the flash. It booted up and then I got stuck at the 'checking connection' screen after picking my wifi.

I'm guessing this has something to do with me not doing a full wipe before flashing but I'm not sure. Any thoughts, suggestions? I'm leaning toward just wiping and reflashing again...

My guess is you need to do a full wipe from Nexus. In the OP he says you don't have to from ResurrectionRemix and I'm assuming this is because the two ROMs are similar. I ran into a problem going from RR to AICP and was stuck at the boot logo. I ended up going into recovery and clicking on wipe/restore. This put me back where I was in RR rom and then reflashed AICP.

I also had problems with play store installing at first. I ended up ADB pushing the updated FlashFire onto my fire and installing it. Then When I flashed AICP I left the default option checked for installing zip, mount read/write, is what I believe it was. After flashing it with those options play store finally worked.

I explained this same problem in my first post.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
My guess is you need to do a full wipe from Nexus. In the OP he says you don't have to from ResurrectionRemix and I'm assuming this is because the two ROMs are similar. I ran into a problem going from RR to AICP and was stuck at the boot logo. I ended up going into recovery and clicking on wipe/restore. This put me back where I was in RR rom and then reflashed AICP.

I also had problems with play store installing at first. I ended up ADB pushing the updated FlashFire onto my fire and installing it. Then When I flashed AICP I left the default option checked for installing zip, mount read/write, is what I believe it was. After flashing it with those options play store finally worked.

I explained this same problem in my first post.
Yep - that usually does it. Be sure to use the latest version of FlashFire (currently 0.50), full wipe on top (system, user apps/data, dalvik) and don't futz with default flash (zip) options. Recommend flashing just rom first, boot/stabilize, sideload FF and then flash a modest GAaps package (eg: nano). Good luck.

Reactions: sd_shadow

gostmn26

Sep 1, 2014
Which version of CyanogenMod is this ROM based off of?

I have had problems with different themes crashing on reboot and having to restore system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

Welcome.
    This is AICP Lollipop 10.0 ROM fon Amazon Fire 2015. I had been using it since 3 moths ago.
    Last version is based in android-5.1.1_r37

Problems:

Installation process:
    Prerequisites for Installation
    - Cyanogen Recovery or TWRP Image
    OR
    -Flashfire 0.5

Fresh Installation

- From your recovery perform a Factory Reset
    - Flash the ROM File
    - Reboot and enjoy!

Update Using TWRP or FlashFire
    - Flash the ROM File
    - Reboot and enjoy!

Download Rom and Gapps:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651429356503164
    http://opengapps.org/

Contributors
    cbolumar

ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information

Created 2016-01-22
    Last Updated 2016-07-4

Credits to:

k4y0z | csolanol | diegocr | qgow | CyanogenMod | | AICP | Google

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] AICP -LP-10.0 Amaz�n Fire 2015 (Ford) (24-07-2016), ROM for the Amazon Fire

Contributors
    cbolumar, cbolumar
    Based On: AICP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-05-20

Created 2016-05-22
    Last Updated 2016-07-25
    Updates
    2016-07-24
    Changelog:
    AICP update
    android-5.1.1_r37
    Security patch 2016-07-01
    I apply all the qgow fixes. Try it. Many thanks to Joel Bacchus (qgow)
    any screenshots? or how about features removed and added?

The ROM is the AICP 10 ROM , it has all the customization you need. You can see it in this samsung s4 video :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2z_t8RxxM
    This version has fixes from qgom , mount system problems, problem after select charge only in usb options, etc.
    So are there links to download? I'm looking at the op and see them but are unclickable

Sent from my KFFOWI using XDA-Developers mobile app

OK, link is in the first post.
    I will update RR today or tomorrow with the same level.