[ROM] CM 12.1 [stock prebuilt kernel][unlocked bootloader]

Search This thread

KcLKcL

Dec 3, 2011
Jakarta
For the FLAC playback bug, try adding this following line in /system/etc/media_codecs.xml, inside the <MediaCodecs> tag:
<Include href="media_codecs_ffmpeg.xml" />

Just like this commit:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/e6d453cddd3637e3dbfd85be402a600d5754df80

I was using an Android One prior to this phone, and flac playback didn't work on CM13 milestone 1. It's now fixed though by adding this line. So it's worth a try. If it breaks the whole media playback, just delete that line again.

That line will refer the ffmpeg codec for playing flac, the media_codec_ffmpeg.xml is in the source so it should be fine:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...ins/blob/cm-12.1/data/media_codecs_ffmpeg.xml

By the way, @nehz, can you share your device tree and vendor tree? I'd like to have a peek in it.

EDIT: Nevermind nehz, I found your github.

Last edited:
Reactions: adefxda

adefxda

May 7, 2010
Jambi

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1463978862508.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1463978862508.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 282

bobdoll

Oct 6, 2007
Great ROM, works very well so far. Much better than MIUI. Battery seems the same or a bit less, but i need more time with it.

Only prob i see is on 4G, when reception is low it keeps staying on 4G and doesn't drop to HSPA (WCDMA) when this mode "GSM/WCDMA/LTE". I see the red bar in battery stats, if i manually switch to "GSM/WCDMA auto" then it's all good and signal is strong, bar in battery is green. I wonder if it's because there is no auto in the "GSM/WCDMA/LTE" mode ?

Anybody knows if the MIUI IR blaster app exist somewhere as an APK i can side load ? or does it need all the MIUI junk to be able to run ? Their database of devices is pretty good.

noersetiawan

Aug 15, 2013
Jakarta
Great ROM, works very well so far. Much better than MIUI. Battery seems the same or a bit less, but i need more time with it.

Only prob i see is on 4G, when reception is low it keeps staying on 4G and doesn't drop to HSPA (WCDMA) when this mode "GSM/WCDMA/LTE". I see the red bar in battery stats, if i manually switch to "GSM/WCDMA auto" then it's all good and signal is strong, bar in battery is green. I wonder if it's because there is no auto in the "GSM/WCDMA/LTE" mode ?

Anybody knows if the MIUI IR blaster app exist somewhere as an APK i can side load ? or does it need all the MIUI junk to be able to run ? Their database of devices is pretty good.
Mi Remote is available on Play Store too.

Dikirim dari Redmi 3 saya menggunakan Tapatalk

adddaamo

Oct 1, 2010
Last nehz (creator of this ROM) post is from 8th May, so it looks like he abandoned this ROM. That's a pity, I was hoping for a stable CM ROM with dev support/bugfixes :(

Last edited:
Reactions: bataya

phidung3721

Nov 5, 2011
In order to have official CyanogenMod we have to have a maintenance develeper. CM team don't go out of their way to do the work for each device. All devices are managed by the community. Then when all the bugs are fixed, a request will need to be made to make it official.

Reactions: Xzayne

nehz

Apr 29, 2016
Hi guys been busy. Updated build with some changes (LED blink working with some caveats).
Probably will hold off any big fixes until MIUI8 lands as it should come with marshmallow, meaning I can port CM13 without lib patching hacks.
Will clean up source and release it before working on CM13 though...

FLAC hopefully will be fixed in CM13; tried ffmpeg codecs, but it seems related to sample rate not getting set properly.

Also I might have a look at porting a kernel if no other devs get around to it ... any suggestions on what is good/compatible with msm8939/msm8916 with focus on battery ?

pepuandroll

Oct 27, 2014
Huelva
Hi guys been busy. Updated build with some changes (LED blink working with some caveats).
Probably will hold off any big fixes until MIUI8 lands as it should come with marshmallow, meaning I can port CM13 without lib patching hacks.

FLAC hopefully will be fixed in CM13; tried ffmpeg codecs, but it seems related to sample rate not getting set properly.

Also I might have a look at porting a kernel if no other devs get around to it ... any suggestions on what is good/compatible with msm8939/msm8916 with focus on battery ?
With sources released by xiaomi, is it possible to compile CM13 correctly?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

nehz

Apr 29, 2016
Yes, but to run there are some vendor blobs that are closed source (from QCOM) that are still required. Its possible to patch changed/missing function (e.g CM13 might remove some CM12 internal stuff), however requires much more testing (and work!) to get a stable ROM. Given MIUI8 shouldn't be too far off I'll probably wait, however patching is always an option if marshmallow never comes to RMI3

Reactions: FcukBloat

noersetiawan

Aug 15, 2013
Jakarta

Awesome! What makes you think MIUI8 will come with Marshmallow, did Xiaomi hinted it? Looking at most previous devices they didn't get any Android update, just MIUI update..

Dikirim dari Redmi 3 saya menggunakan Tapatalk

Mithrandir107

Mar 22, 2016
Makati

Thank you @nehz for keeping this CM Rom alive! Will update mine now! You da real MVP!

Reactions: Yostarone

ariw182

Nov 17, 2011
Bandung
i don't think MIUI8 for Redmi3 is based on Marshmellow, just typical xiaomi always focus on MIUI version not Android version, but lets not lose hope for Marshmellow :D, anyway @nehz, thanks for keeping cm 12.1 development alive, because i don't really like it MIUI OS :D, once more is the gyroscope fixed? i tried the previous version the gyro is spinning all the time even i'm not moving, but in Ressruction Rom based on cm 12.1 the gyro is fine

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About:
    Plain stock CM 12.1 (stable/cm-12.1-YOG7D)
    Camera2 is replaced with Snap
    Added QCOM FM Radio
    Added Omniswitch from Omnirom

Changelog:
    Latest: 20160612
    • Restored FM Radio
    • Enabled core_ctl
    • Prebuilt (stock) kernel and vendor blobs updated to MIUI 7.3.2
    • LED blink
      Set both speed and length to pulse
      Temporary fix for HAL driver allows blinking for primary colors, so #000101 becomes #00ffff, etc. Full range of colors requires kernel changes I believe.
      Also current kernel does not have duty cycles patterns, so pulse speed and length is constant.
    • Battery stats working
    • Added keylayout for some headsets
    • Battery current drain should be correctly reported now
    • USB drive OTG mounting fixed
    • Video capture fps/bitrate fixed

Bugs:

• Light detector might get stuck at NULL if no light is detected on boot (to be confirmed)
    • Gyroscope/Orientation issue for some devices (devices with YAS for gravity/linear/gyro should be fine)
    • Native FLAC audio not working (use VLC or poweramp for now)
    • Audio must be played without headphones plugged in first time on boot, else audio might fail to route correctly to headphones.. it is a bit inconsistent
    • Full range color LED blink
    • SIM might require reboot first time to work correctly
    • Full disk encryption does not work with camera (otherwise seems fine)
      The issue is with vendor specific libraries (libmmcamera_s5k3l8_eeprom.so) segfault for unknown reasons.
    • Currently undergoing testing

Recovery Flash ROM:
    https://mega.nz/#!WNIjFRoL!jxL1q0AODa1qxknQtrfQIG4aKbH6fqbO572vYpNIB8E
    It is recommended to backup with TWRP before updating or installing

MTP Connectivity:
    Require phone to be security unlocked to see contents
    Driver Install:
    Device Manager -> MTP (unknown) -> Right Click Update Driver Software -> Browse -> Let me pick -> Portable Devices -> (Standard MTP Device) -> MTP Device​

TWRP Recovery:
    http://twrp.me/devices/xiaomiredmi3.html
    Volume (Up + Down) + Power​

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

The 3s ROM is MM so it might be possible to get a stable CM13 build using it as a base (even if different CPU/GPU)... I might try if nothing from Xiaomi comes and when my new SSD comes so I can fork the build...
    New boot.img for testing. Enables core_ctl (thanks @vikoadi) and also sets min freq to 200MHz to allow governor to scale below 960MHz.
    Big cores => min: 2, max: 4
    Small cores => min:1, max 4

Hopefully better battery life, without too much performance hit.
    Will be in next build if testing shows good performance.

Flash using
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img