[ROM] [CM13.0][02/09/2016]CyanogenMod 13.0 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 [SnapDragon]

Search This thread

Samkael

Jun 26, 2008
can't make or receive calls after installing gapps stock...
working after installing nano version of gapps.....

Make sure that the default phone app is enabled.
Settings -> Apps -> Options -> Default Apps -> Phone App.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Thank you Santosh for the great work. Finally a worthy Note 3 :). You're awesome!!!!

Reactions: 1emrys1

jujusito

Nov 1, 2007
I'm on Xiaomi.eu 7.3.2.0 with emmc_appsboot.mbn of Global 7.2.5.0
Normal TWRP 3.0..2-2
Download cm-13.0-20160603-UNOFFICIAL-kenzo.zip and open with 7zip, delete emmc_appsboot.mbn
Install with TWRP without any problem, no relock bootloader

Ril works
Wifi works
But FCs on Security settings

The rom looks great, good work.

Last edited:

MOVZX

Jan 26, 2012
Just installed the ROM, overall experience is smooth, but I would like to report some bugs (hopefully):

- CyanogenMod Music Player cannot play FLAC format.
- Audio output (music, video, game) with phone back speaker is too low.

I really enjoyed the ROM, thanks for your great work!

gap30

Aug 10, 2015
Just installed the ROM, overall experience is smooth, but I would like to report some bugs (hopefully):

- CyanogenMod Music Player cannot play FLAC format.
- Audio output (music, video, game) with phone back speaker is too low.

I really enjoyed the ROM, thanks for your great work!

FLAC fine for me

Edit: sorry you are right FLAC files not playing

Get these, amazing: http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-head...rce=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&from=affiliate_cj

Last edited:
Reactions: Filip013

Filip013

Oct 25, 2011
I can't play FLAC in the default player either. When I try it says: "An unknown error has occurred: 1". Is it even supported? I installed DeaDBeeF and it plays FLAC just fine. No distortions or anything.

i2k13

Sep 29, 2013
i agree speaker volume is too low.. was in my car on speakerphone and didn't even hear it ring

lockscreen is kinda buggy sometimes its asks for password when it shouldn't [screenshot]

Last edited:

lopez37

Nov 18, 2011
For low speaker volume DISABLE audioFX and you will recover good volume. Optionally you can install viper4android which improves sound quality a lot.

Reactions: i2k13

Pumpino

actually its -
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
To enable the nav bar!

I tried your suggestion first and now I'm bootlooping! :( I guess I'll do a fresh install and try the other syntax.

Edit: I tried 1 instead of zero and that bootlooped too. ES File Explorer crashes as soon as I try to save build.prop and the phone reboots.

How do we set up the fingerprint scanner?

Last edited:

jujusito

Nov 1, 2007
Am I the only one who wants cm13 build which doesnt relock bootloader( even if fingerprint doesnt work )
When all are in Miui 8 MM make sense, so far it does not seem right. I waiting for official MM for change bootloader, I've already opened the bootloader too many times, I do not want to do it many more times.

jemyzhang

Aug 27, 2008
Shanghai
Any one who use the latest rom face the problem of no 2g signal? Only lte...I am using with Chinese telecom. Can not make call and send/receive sms now

1emrys1

May 29, 2013
Am I the only one who wants cm13 build which doesnt relock bootloader( even if fingerprint doesnt work )
Yes you're the only one bro [emoji16] [emoji12]
Biggest usp and attractive feature of this phone was fingerprint scanner. Can't use a rom without it. That would be just a waste.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 13.0 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon version

What works ?
    • Audio
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • FM
    • Fingerprint

What doesn't ?
    • Stuff that i might have not noticed

Changelogs :

02/09/2016

- Sync with latest CM ( includes off screen charging mode animation, default Hexalibre CM theme package,etc etc)
    - Switched to newer radio blobs
    - Other minor device cleanups

( Been hell busy & if i have time i will work on CM14 (android N), but at the moment i am not working and hence don't expect any immediate cm14 builds)

05/08/2016

- Sync with latest CM
    - My non CM features retained as such
    - Support for goodix fingerprint users ( Make sure to flash ROM followed by fp patch. Normal users for whom fingerprint used to work don't need to flash the patch)
    - Loads of device cleanup
    - Other minor improvements

Older Changelogs

18/07/2016

- Fix settings->security fc caused due to 15/07 build

15/07/2016

- F2fs implemented ( on /data and /cache ) => tested working
    - Sync with latest cm
    - Pokemon go mock location hack :p
    - Other improvements
    - Previous non CM features retained as such

05/07/2016
    - Sync with latest CM
    - GPS improvements
    - Reduce headphone noise
    - F2FS support is added (but i doubt it will boot[might be stuck in bootanim], as i didn't make a clean build) [ Try at your own risk if you know how to flash f2fs rom[you need a f2fs twrp recovery], if you don't know just flash ROM like always ]
    - Previous non CM features retained as such
    - Some cleanup and other performance improvements

Downloads:

Latest builds

For flashing the latest build which is based on M firmware checkout the guide here

If you face camera FC just flash this patch [ not applicable to f2fs users if they have switched to f2fs ]

Just a request to users :

Please don't mirror the ROM anywhere.Also avoid posting the direct download link in comments. Please use the download link I have put up in the OP.

Requirements to flash :

• You need to have a unlocked bootloader to flash this in case anyone is going to flash
    • You need to have TWRP installed after that
    • You also need to wipe data

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    Santhosh M
    Source Code: https://github.com/sandymanu/android_kernel_xiaomi_kenzo

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-09-02

Created 2016-04-02
    Last Updated 2016-09-02
    Reserved

Thanks to the following donators :

@Tig3ro
    @sffoxy
    @FrozenMindXXIII
    @gap30
    @t3chs0l0
    @dmahtani
    @badm0j0

If someone wishes to thank for my work and donate, choose the option of services/goods in paypal ( as I am a Indian user ) and the donation will go through. [ The minimal withdrawal amount for paypal indian user is 10$. Just FYI. Lesser amounts than that get stagnated in the account until the paypal balance reaches 10$ ]
    So we have a flight takeoff ?

So we are on board now and have a takeoff. Thanks to Jerome for correcting my facepalm mistake :)

oV5uIl2.jpg

Regards
    Santhosh
    New release

Hi all,

New build has been released ( 21/05/2016 )

• Fairly a usable build now i guess (atleast for me)
    • Fixes RIL
    • GPS fixed
    • Several other issues fixed

Bugs:
    • Fingerprint
    • Some audio issues in whatsapp calls
    • Battery bug showing 100% when device is unplugged ( look at OP for a temp fix )
    • LED not blinking ( But LED works )
    • No LTE mode being there

Don't need to report the bugs that i have mentioned above. I am already aware of these

Enjoy and have fun !

( All i can request is please keep thread and don't provoke anything. Constant cleaning up is not good for thread )

Regards
    Santhosh
    To-do :

* Calls work fine, but there are audio issues which needs to be fixed ( along with the modem suddenly not being loaded )
    * Fingerprint ( Don't even bother asking about it now )
    * Other stuff which i haven't noticed ( GPS maybe ? )

I do have a day job to work on and little personal work after work time. So i am trying to find space for this as well. Hence be patient and don't ask for ETA. Yesterday's post was just to announce that there is a progress on RIL which you all feared is dead.

I locked the thread as i saw someone fighting and arguing. A repeat of the same and over exaggerated ETA requests ( i know it's all excitement to use latest M based custom ROM's ) would just dampen by urge to do soon and again lock the thread rendering no use.

Cheers
    Santhosh