[UPDATED 05/08/17] Advanced Interactive Governor Tweaks by SoniCron - Angler thread

Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Prattham

Sep 6, 2013
New Delhi
Hey sorry it took a little longer than I thought. I wanted to make sure it was correct so I took the time to flash it myself :p Here is the folder again. I also renamed the zip files since gcc is up to 5.4 and 6.1 on their respective branches.

Basically what happened was the toolchain folder changed ever so slightly (since I compile the Uber toolchains from source) due to this commit (/me eyes @DespairFactor). So I had to edit my script to reflect that then recompile. All should be good now :good:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I removed UKM support from these zips. I figure most people use either Kernel Auditor or EX Kernel Manager and Synapse can be a real pain sometimes so I just nuked it. I won't be adding it back either.
Since i have flashed this i notice my wifi gets disconnected during screen locked and it gets enabled when i wake the screen and my wifi is always on during sleep in that option as well
Any idea?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Hey sorry it took a little longer than I thought. I wanted to make sure it was correct so I took the time to flash it myself :p Here is the folder again. I also renamed the zip files since gcc is up to 5.4 and 6.1 on their respective branches.

Basically what happened was the toolchain folder changed ever so slightly (since I compile the Uber toolchains from source) due to this commit (/me eyes @DespairFactor). So I had to edit my script to reflect that then recompile. All should be good now :good:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I removed UKM support from these zips. I figure most people use either Kernel Auditor or EX Kernel Manager and Synapse can be a real pain sometimes so I just nuked it. I won't be adding it back either.
Had to rename them because it is easier to maintain with so many "releases" from GCC

arcticnights

Oct 7, 2013

Yay thanks ! :) so I just flash my boot img, and flash this over?

nathanchance

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
Since i have flashed this i notice my wifi gets disconnected during screen locked and it gets enabled when i wake the screen and my wifi is always on during sleep in that option as well
Any idea?
Hmmmm I think it may be a result of the frequency commit that Despair reverted but I haven't had any issues with it myself. I'll keep an eye on it now and revert it if I have to.

Had to rename them because it is easier to maintain with so many "releases" from GCC
I don't blame you lol.

Yay thanks ! :) so I just flash my boot img, and flash this over?
Yes.

Reactions: threshfire

wvcadle

Dec 31, 2011
Hmmmm I think it may be a result of the frequency commit that Despair reverted but I haven't had any issues with it myself. I'll keep an eye on it now and revert it if I have to.

I don't blame you lol.

Yes.

I'm still using Elite/BlueJay, but have noticed faster battery drain on the last two DU weeklies. Are you still using this, or have you found a better combination?

nathanchance

Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
I'm still using Elite/BlueJay, but have noticed faster battery drain on the last two DU weeklies. Are you still using this, or have you found a better combination?
I'm using my personal DU builds and the AK Kernel I just released above. Loving it. I'm going to try out Kylo for a bit since it has been a while since I've been in it.

Reactions: wvcadle

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Testing BlueJay right now, may try Heimdall's v5 profile here shortly. I also liked zzmoove all by itself but it was slightly laggy sometimes.

@ZaneZam and AK may need to work on it, if not I can try to assist ZZ in making it more responsive for our HMP devices. I don't know if he has an HMP device himself.

nathanchance

Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
@ZaneZam and AK may need to work on it, if not I can try to assist ZZ in making it more responsive for our HMP devices. I don't know if he has an HMP device himself.
Yeah I think the reason it wasn't that responsive is because the big cluster rarely rose above the minimum, as the stock input boost profile only boosts the little cluster to 1344 MHz for 40ms. There may need to be some tweaks to how the big cluster responds to certain loads (if that terminology even makes sense lol).

Tommebaas

Jan 2, 2010
Hi guys wanted to share my experience. Im using Stock ROM with Franco R17 and Heimdall V5. So far Performance is top notch and I have no lag or stuttering. I'm pretty sensible regarding lag or framedrops and this is always something that makes me unsatisfied. Can't say a thing about battery atm, but maybe I report back after the Weekend. For me Heimdall V5 > V4

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6P mit Tapatalk

Can you link me Heimdall v5? I can't find it.

BIGWORM

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure what's going on with my Elite kernel, but I had full wakelock overnight using the heimdall profileI'm using amplify and followed it's guide to the T, also disabled both bluesleep and wlan_rx wakelock, but BBS is saying bluesleep ran all night and wifi as well. My phone didn't deep sleep a wink last night, and I lost about 20% battery. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions would be great.
1bd588f7baea8c728a3c6e03858de990.jpg
713ab40e2526ef552fdafa7b07580cee.jpg
bd4ef312351f158cd9e00aff5c0d59ec.jpg
e3f55ab51bbeefdba8bdaccb6b2d5c22.jpg
9fa02dc9534bfd1268d98eaeeabccd84.jpg

Sent from Toastmade 6P using TAPATAPA

DaveHTC200

Oct 2, 2008
I'm not sure what's going on with my Elite kernel, but I had full wakelock overnight using the heimdall profileI'm using amplify and followed it's guide to the T, also disabled both bluesleep and wlan_rx wakelock, but BBS is saying bluesleep ran all night and wifi as well. My phone didn't deep sleep a wink last night, and I lost about 20% battery. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions would be great.

Looks like an app to me that's keeping the Bluetooth connection open, thus keeping the phone awake!
Check which apps are using the Bluetooth, and maybe disable a few to check.
Trial and error I think...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BIGWORM

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Looks like an app to me that's keeping the Bluetooth connection open, thus keeping the phone awake!
Check which apps are using the Bluetooth, and maybe disable a few to check.
Trial and error I think...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Funny thing is I disabled Bluetooth overnight! I'm about to just nuke this rom and start over lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've created some personal ( EXKM ) profiles and I thought I'd share with you

DeadPool: The next version of BlackPepperV2. You know how it's gonna be

Saber V2: Designed to work without InputBoost. Mostly no lags/heat issues. Suitable for heavy texting users. Probably not good for gaming. Based on DeusEx family.

ReZero: Very simple profile like Stock، but optimized in many ways for better battery life and smoother experience.

DeusEx: Based on AmaneunsisOne and BlackPepper. If you like BlackPepper make sure to try this. Thanks to Juzman
    DeusEx Revolution: a bit different than the original. More performance oriented. Great for gaming. Almost no lags.

DragonFly : A profile based on DarkSpice7.5 and EclipseR3. It's similar to Butterfly profile meaning its aimed for performance and responsiveness but its snappier and faster than Butterfly. It jumps to mid frequencies all the time even for small tasks.
    You shouldn't expect great battery life! Even though It should be more battery friendly than Butterfly. I get a minimum of 5hours SOT with this.

Excalibur: Based on DragonFly and GhostPepper. It's almost fast as DragonFly and it has great battery life. 0℅ idle drain on wifi/normal signal reception. And if you dont know what Excalibur is, shame on you and watch this, not just the clip, get to watch the whole anime after cause it's epic :good:

BlackPepper: Based on GhostPepper. Designed for battery life without compromising performance too much. Expect many many SOT hours. If you liked Ghostpepper's battery life, you will probably like this even more.

Just give them a shot and tell me what you think.

Instructions:
    Install Ex Kernel Manager app. Then move the files to /sdcard/ElementalX/gov_profile and rename to remove ".txt"
    If you don't have the app and want to run the profiles through terminal get the ".sh" variety.

Other tweaks/values you might want consider:
    Use Kylo or Ninja kernel.
    Sioplus for i/o scheduler
    Don't use FB app, use browser or alternative client apps
    For more see my full guide at this link
    NOTE: Please re-download the .txt file below and re-apply. I've missed writing the timer_slack for big cluster and the big cluster's input_boost frequency doesn't stick. This should fix that! Thank you!
    Introducing GlassCannon!

Description: A sound modification to the famous interactive parameters. Provides the smoothest interface, great performance while bestowing the lowest frequencies available. Ramping up quickly to maximize "inputs" from I/O overheads then immediately ramping down once tasks are done. The perfect balance between lowering down your frequency, and finishing up tasks quickly.

Why Glasscannon? Why not?

Who am I? I came from the hammerhead scene. I have been modding interactive parameters for more than 2 years and owns a community called: Android Battery Community whom has its own fair share of followers but has been quite stagnant for almost a year ever since my hammerhead broke. Though, I have been tweaking things with other devices; LG G4, Samsung Note 6, OPO and other smartphones that I got my hands on. Now I think it's time for me to get into the Nexus 6P scene.

The difference? After years of being a paranoid about my battery (literally looking at dashboards, cpu cycles etc. you know, that guy who just tends to not be satisfied about everything) I finally settled down and read a lot of things and made it as my basis. Most tweaks in here uses target load as an optimal way to force cores to stick into lower frequencies but we won't be doing that with GlassCannon. We will be using two underrated tunables: above_hispeed_delay and input_boost. This two underrated tunables are being neglected for years, though some used it quite efficiently; I have yet to see a tweak that maximizes the two tunable's potential. We would be using above_hispeed_delay as a substitute to the unpredictable target_load. Instead of assigning too much within a tunable that we can't even lay our finger on how it works properly, why not let the SoC handle it and assign a delay along with timer_rate so it can run efficiently? And let input_boost jump up here and there to provide quick surge whenever there are tasks running under the hood.

Look under:

Code:
    [COLOR="Gray"]/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor interactive
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq 384000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq 1555200
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/go_hispeed_load 93
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/above_hispeed_delay 0  600000:19000 672000:20000 960000:24000 1248000:38000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate 50000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/hispeed_freq 600000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/timer_slack 380000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/target_loads 29 384000:88 600000:90 672000:92 960000:93 1248000:98
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time 60000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/boost 0
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/align_windows 1
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/use_migration_notif 1
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/use_sched_load 0
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/max_freq_hysteresis 0
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse_duration 0
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/scaling_governor interactive
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq 384000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq 1824000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/go_hispeed_load 150
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/above_hispeed_delay 20000 960000:40000 1248000:30000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate 60000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/hispeed_freq 960000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/target_loads 98
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time 60000
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/boost 0
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/align_windows 1
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/use_migration_notif 1
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/use_sched_load 0
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/max_freq_hysteresis 0
    /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse_duration 0
    /sys/module/cpu_boost/parameters/input_boost_freq 0:600000 1:600000 2:600000 3:600000 4:960000 5:960000 6:960000 7:960000
    /sys/module/cpu_boost/parameters/sync_threshold 1248000
    /sys/module/cpu_boost/parameters/boost_ms 40
    /sys/module/cpu_boost/parameters/migration_load_threshold 15
    /sys/module/cpu_boost/parameters/load_based_syncs Y
    /sys/module/cpu_boost/parameters/shed_boost_on_input N
    /sys/module/cpu_boost/parameters/input_boost_ms 300
    /sys/module/cpu_boost/parameters/input_boost_enabled 1
    /sys/module/msm_performance/parameters/touchboost 0
    /sys/module/msm_thermal/core_control/enabled 0
    /sys/module/msm_thermal/parameters/enabled Y[/COLOR]

Explanation:
    go_hispeed_load: Anything between 85-94 is average by my tests, it tends to stick to hispeed_load 40-60 which is what I think would be "optimal" for our cat.
    above_hispeed_delay: The most important part of our tweak along with input_boost. This should set up the perfect "delay" so cpu cores could adjust and decide before ramping up to higher frequencies. Our frequency set as hispeed from little cluster is 600000.
    target_loads: We won't be dwelling much in this. We put a small amount so that our frequency could ramp up if needed and take a pause on frequencies we deemed to be really significant; 600mhz, 672mhz, 960mhz and 12348mhz. Along with hispeed_delay, it should provide low consumption and tend to stick on 384mhz and 600mhz 89% of the time.
    timer_slack: Put it to 380000, just trust me.
    max_freq_hysteresis: Asking why theres jitters and a bit of stuttering on your screen? this is the culprit. Turn it to 0 and you will be fine as long as you correct the other tunables. This is because hysteresis actually uses "former" frequencies to calculate which frequency would be best to ramp up to next. If you tend to stick to lower frequencies more, with this on then you will be sticking at low frequencies almost forever, which obviously isn't something good.
    input_boost: Now, to explain why this is important; there are two things I would like to emphasize. (1) One, this value was made so that under the hood tasks as well as simple bumps to your frequency if there is a notification, sync etc. would be possible. (2) this value is extremely useful to provide that quick boost to complete tasks with ease. The big clusters would have an input_boost of 633000 which was supposed to be the stock mhz. Why? I deemed that the big cluster isn't that necessary unless you are running an extremely graphic heavy game. So tone it down to 384mhz underclocking it and provide input boost to the mhz that was supposed to be the stock frequency, increasing battery life without sacrificing anything.

Will this be updated? NO, NEVER. I am asking myself why does this other "tweaks" update from time to time if there are no kernel parameters that are changing? Aren't all those tweaks supposed to be tested hundreds of times before releasing? Then why change the parameters again? Am I asking too much? Am I fat? NO. Just NO. EXCEPT if there will be changes within the interactive parameters then sure.

Credits: @soniCron, @xSilas43, @shadowstep for pointing out the missing timer_slack and input_boost, google for many things to read, this website for music while typing, that website for providing me more things to read, a bucket of fries and two chickens to make me company.

Go ahead and feel free to download the .txt file below and happy tweaking!
    [PROFILE]ÆSIR Governor Tweaks by .HEIMDALL. (2016/02/27)

ÆSIR Governor Tweaks by .HEIMDALL.
    This profile is was based on DarkSpice by @xSilas43, the excellent guide by @soniCron, the work of @Alcolawl, @flar2, @Corndude and all the others I forgot to mention

SYNOPSIS

This post needs an update (planned for 2016/03/01).
    Update delayed. Quite busy atm.

Please be patient. All information you need is noted below!

These profiles are made to be very battery friendly with great responsiveness/snappyness!
    They are originally for the Nexus 6P, but there is a 5X Version available, too. I can't guarantee it performs the same as on the 6P, because I don't own that device to test it.
    So I'm relying on your feedback there.

HEIMDALL: interactive / interactive
    VIDAR: interactive / elementalx
    LOKI: elementalx / interactive

Some stats: (HEIMDALL v3 - outdated since 27.02.2016
    battery friendly and snappy
    Idle: 384/384
    Input Boost: 600MHz (Cluster 1) 40ms
    Music Playback: average @ 384/384 (tested in Amazon Prime Music and PowerAmp with V4A enabled)
    YouTube Playback: average @ 600-672/384
    Moderate Scrolling: average @ 600-672 (tested in Tapatalk, NovaLauncher, Xposed installer, GMail)
    Typing: average @ 600-672/384 (tested in WhatsApp, AOSP Messaging, Google Messaging)

Detailed comparison-table (Stock, HEIMDALL v3, GhostPepper 1.1, DarkSpiceR7.5, ButterFly):
    comparison.png
    (based on my personal usage habits - yours might differ!)

Why yet-another-other-... governor profile!?
    Yeah, you are right, why another one? There are already a few really good ones out there. I used GhostPepper for a long time and switched to DarkSpice some time ago.
    Both were nearly perfect for my usage pattern and I got good SOT times and performance (I preferred DarkSpice a little). Well, "nearly perfect" isn't "perfect" you might say, and that's why I tried to optimize the profiles to fit my (personal) needs.

But what about speeeeed?!
    Those profiles should be very responsive without compromising your battery life too much. But I'd suggest you just try it...
    ;)

SUPPORTED DEVICES
    I wrote this profiles for the Nexus 6P (SnapDragon™ 810) - tested with PureNexus and ElementalX Kernel.
    A version for the Nexus 5X (SnapDragon™ 808) is available since v2. I tried to keep it as close as possible to my original 6P profile, but giving attention to the HexaCore Design of the 808.
    I can't test the 5X Version because I don't own that device. I'm relying on your feedback for that device.
    This should probably work on other devices with the same SoC (SnapDragon™ 810/808), as long as ROM and kernel support the settings.

LOKI and VIDAR are ElementalX governor profiles ONLY!!!
    DO NOT USE THEM WITH A KERNEL THAT DOESN'T HAVE ELEMENTALX BUILT IN!

DOWNLOAD
    The newest version of HEIMDALL is v4 (2016/02/27)
    The newest version of LOKI is v1 (2016/02/27)
    The newest version of VIDAR is v1 (2016/02/27)
    You can download the profiles from here.

Feel free to test this profile. Would be great if you could report back and share your findings about performance and battery usage.
    I'm gonna try to tweak this a little more while using it.

ATTENTION:
    Because of the Dual-Cluster InputBoost make sure inputboost is enabled and input_boost_freq and input_boost_ms are set (apply on boot for all!!!)
    WHEN YOU SWITCH BETWEEN MY (or any other) PROFILES IN EXKM YOU NEED TO APPLY THEM TWICE!!!
    Because of a bug(?) in EXKM, changing the governor and values at the same time could prevent the values from being applied.
    To apply the profiles successfully you MUST
    1. go back to CPU after applying the profile for the first time
    2. reopen Governor-Options and load the profile again.
    3. all values should be set now.

Changelog

HEIMDALL v1 (2016/02/20)
    Initial Version (based on DarkSpiceBeta/R6)
    HEIMDALL v1.1 (2016/02/20)
    tweaked above_highspeed_delay and timer_rate for battery
    HEIMDALL v2 (2016/02/21)
    tweaked above_highspeed_delay, timer_rate, go_highspeed_freq (Cluster 2), ...
    added Nexus 5X Version (testing is up to you, I don't own that device)
    HEIMDALL v3 (2016/02/22)
    added IO Scheduler and Read ahead values
    added commands to activate all available cores
    added input_boost_enabled=1
    added termal control settings to profiles
    tweaked min_sample_time, target_loads, timer_rate, above_hispeed_delay
    "beautified" .sh Script
    set input boost for 5X to 672MHz as it seems to use the same voltage as 600MHz - please let me know if im wrong
    synchronized .sh and profile settings
    HEIMDALL v4 (2016/02/27)
    fixed errors in .sh files
    fixed frequencies
    added max_freq_hysteresis
    tweak go_hispeed_load, hispeed_freq, target_loads, timer_rate, min_sample_time, above_hispeed_delay
    introduced dual-cluster inputboost
    LOKI v1 (2016/02/27)
    initial release
    Cluster 1 with elementalx governor
    based on HEIMDALL v4 settings for Cluster 2
    VIDAR v1 (2016/02/27)
    initial release
    Cluster 2 with elementalx governor
    based on HEIMDALL v4 settings for Cluster 1
    HOW TO INSTALL?
    A. Using EXKM (if you have problems with this one, use the .sh file - suggested!)
    1. the file without extension is the actual EXKM profile. Download it and place it under /storage/emulated/0/ElementalX/gov_profiles/
    2. open EXKM
    3. go to CPU -> Governor-Options
    4. load the profile you downloaded
    5. click "apply on boot"
    6. make sure touchboost is off (apply on boot!!!)
    7. make sure min CPU freq ist set to 384MHz for Cluster 2 (apply on boot!!!)
    8. make sure inputboost is enabled, input_boost_freq and input_boost_ms are set (apply on boot for all!!!)
    9. DONE!
    you only need to load the profile once (for one cluster, doesn't matter if little or big). All other values get set automatically.

B. Using a terminal/shell (suggested)
    1. download the .sh file
    2. use your favorite root file-manager or terminal emulator to run the .sh file under su (root) context.
    3. Check the values in EXKM (or any other supported kernel management app)
    4. make sure touchboost is off (apply on boot!!!)
    5. make sure min CPU freq ist set to 384MHz on both Clusters (apply on boot!!!)
    6. make sure inputboost is enabled, input_boost_freq and input_boost_ms are set (apply on boot for all!!!)
    7. DONE!
    You can save the profile using EXKM to change it to your liking
    (remember: EXKM doesn't save all settings of this profile, so if you change something and reflash your ROM, you need to run the .sh again before applying your changed profile)

ATTENTION AGAIN:
    Because of the Dual-Cluster InputBoost make sure inputboost is enabled and input_boost_freq and input_boost_ms are set (apply on boot for all!!!)
    WHEN YOU SWITCH BETWEEN MY (or any other) PROFILES IN EXKM YOU NEED TO APPLY THEM TWICE!!!
    Because of a bug(?) in EXKM, changing the governor and values at the same time could prevent the values from being applied.
    To apply the profiles successfully you MUST
    1. go back to CPU
    after applying the profile for the first time
    2. reopen Governor-Options and load the profile again.
    3. all values should be set now.

The "I tried your profile, but ..."-section

At first, this is just a profile (tweaks) for the interactive governor. If you expierience any unexpected fc, reboots, massive stuttering/lagging, etc, this script/profile ist most likely not responsible for that.

My phone uses still to much battery

1. Have you disabled touchboost?
    2. Set brightness to a lower level.
    3. Use a dark / black theme
    4. Don't play games all day ;)
    5. Get rid of unnecessary (background-)apps
    6. Try another profile
    7. Check the links in my signature, there might be something that helps you.

My phone is lagging

1. Get rid of unnecessary (background-)apps
    2. Try a different IO-Scheduler
    3. Try another profile
    4. Check the links in my signature, there might be something that helps you.

Screenshots
    5 minutes idle time with screen on. DarkSpiceR6 compared to HEIMDALL v1.1
    CPU frequency and usage stats (updated regularly)
    xi5pjqu.png

Revamped Advanced Interactive Governor Tweaks

This thread was originally made by Corndude which for some apparent reason, decided to delete his account. The task to update this thread is then passed on to @The Flash but unfortunately because the purple person is busy atm, I stole it from him. So I will try to keep this up to date with informations and everything about the interactive governor. I will also add helpful descriptions on each parameters just to help people who are into tweaking and give them a little push to start tinkering.

The original thread made by SoniCron can be found here: Advanced Interactive Governor Tweaks for the 5X

Helpful Links

Table of Contents

Interactive Tweaks Explained

• timer_slack: The amount of time in miliseconds; that the cpu will stay in the highest frequency before it applies "interactive" tunings again. Basically, if there is a cpu intensive application and you have a high cpu load; timer_slack delays ramping down to lower frequencies in a given "X" time. Also, since timer_rate will be erratic, this should help to decrease stutters.
      (higher value: higher battery drain, better performance)

• timer_rate: The amount of time in miliseconds; that the cpu will check how heavy the cpu load is. E.g. if you have set this to 20000, it'll compute every 20ms to see if any changes on the cpu load is making and will therefore adjust the frequency based on target_loads.
      (higher value: less battery drain, performance impact subjective)

• target_loads: The amount of load, in theory on percentage; where the actual frequency should be used. Target_loads can be setup per frequency to provide certain "bias" on cpu clocks. An example "35 475600:88 600000:21 960000:98" means that anything before 475Mhz would have a target load of 35%. At 475Mhz before ramping up there should be at least 88% of cpu load, once this threshold is broken it'll ramp up to 960Mhz immediately since 600Mhz is set less than 475Mhz. Therefore the two "bias" created on the sample above is 475Mhz and 960Mhz. It is not recommended to provide any values higher than 98 as this will reduce performance on your cat greatly.
      (higher value: less battery drain, worse performance)

• min_sample_time: The minimum amount of time the governor must wait at a given frequency until it can decide to reduce the frequency.
      (higher value: better performance, battery impact HIGHLY subjective)

• hispeed_freq: This would be the frequency that the user "assumes" would be enough to handle a boost in cpu load. Too high value would greatly impact the user's UI performance but would definitely worsen the battery life.
      (higher value: higher battery drain, better performance)

• go_hispeed_load: The load assigned to the cpu where it is recommended to go to the hispeed_freq. Set this quite high as this bypass almost everything in the interactive tunables.

• above_hispeed_delay: A delay setup in frequency:miliseconds to slow down and "delay" aggressive ramp ups. E.g. 19000 600000:24000; provides 19ms delay to cpu frequencies not specified after reaching hispeed_frequency, before ramping up to a higher frequency. If, for example you have your hispeed_frequency set up to 960Mhz, and your above hispeed_delay to 30000 1248000:22000 1354000:40000; the 30ms will only be used at 960Mhz up until 1248Mhz where the delay is 22000. Please note that 30000(30ms) from the example above will NOT BE APPLIED to all frequencies BELOW the set hispeed_frequency (anything below 960Mhz). Also, specified "frequency:delay" ratios should be written in ascending order according to cpufreq linux documentations.
      (higher value: less battery drain, worse performance)

• align_windows: With the value of "1" for On and "0" for Off. If "1" is designated, the cluster for cpu clocks (divided into big and little) will fire at short quick intervals, usually by 1ms to provide a reliable boost to what timer_rate has converted cpu loads/clocks into.
      (If ON: better performance)

• max_freq_hysteresis: Checks the cpu for "hysteresis" or previous cpu clock records and base the next ramp up on frequencies previously used. If your cpu tends to have a bias towards lower cpu clocks, with this on a high value; it should frequently stick to lower cpu frequencies.

• powersave_bias: Value of "1" to turn ON and "0" for OFF. If your cpu decides to go for 960mhz, with powersave_bias ON it'll go to a frequency one step below 960mhz.
      (turn ON: less battery drain, worse performance)

• use_migration_notif: Value of "1" for ON and "0" for OFF. Reevaluate the cpu frequency if "notified" (unclear, we can assume this as either an unschedule app notification or a "timed" boost) to fire in 1ms. This aids timer_rate in quick changes with system loads.
      (turn ON: better performance, battery impact subjective)

• ignore_hispeed_on_notif: Value of "1" for ON and "0" for OFF. Ignores the hispeed_load, hispeed_frequency and above_hispeed_delay once a cpu is "notified". Therefore, if a cpu is "notified" if this is set to "1" the cpu can ramp up to frequencies computed by timer_rate without any delays coming from hispeed frequency logic.
      (turn ON: heavy battery drain)

• fast_ramp_down: Value of "1" for ON and "0" for OFF. Ignores min_sample_time which provides delay on cpu frequencies in miliseconds. This holds true ONLY if a cpu is "notified" and therefore avoids unreliable "bias" on certain clocks due to quick shift of cpu loads.
      (turn ON: less battery drain, performance impact HIGHLY subjective)

I highly encourage people to tweak their interactive governors on their respective kernels as this highly amounts to bettery performance and battery life. With that said, this concludes a simple revamp of this thread and I hope more and more people within the angler community would be interested to tinker. Imagine the possibilities!

CREDITS TO:

• @The Flash - for letting me steal his thread because he slow af.
    • @soniCron - the main contributor for all of this, I don't know if he still exists.
    • Corndude - dude
    • @shadowstep - for being a good friend though he "mistakenly" killed his angler *retarded screeching*
    • @Saber - for providing the Most-up-to-date CPU frequency guide
    • @frap129 - for being really awesome and providing the community fraps.
    • And to EVERYONE that has made all this possible, I give the sun to you!
    Shuckeru's review/tests for govenor profiles

Some of you have probably seen my tests, and lately I've just seen people hopping onto the most talked about profile, which isn't exactly the best thing to do. I have done testing for quite a few profiles and I'll use this post as a center for all my testing so everyone can come here, look at the results, figure out what's probably best for them, then chase that awesome battery life.
    I'll be providing a short summary of things people look for in the profile here, but please go to the respective posts for more detail in usage experience.

PLEASE NOTE: Just because profile has done well for me doesn't mean it will for you and vice versa.

Here are a few things to keep in mind that will affect your final battery life
    1. kernel
      different kernels do different things which will use battery at different rates. Contact your kernel developer for more info.​
    2. apps
      More things run, more battery used. simple​
    3. ROM
      people make optimisations (+ve effects on battery), add features and/or services on top of AOSP ROMs which may or may not affect battery.​
    4. temperature
      bit of physics here, phone/CPU hot = energy lost to heat instead of computing. This is not the whole story but an over simplification for those who don't realise.​
    5. movement
      If you're on MM, this will affect you more than official N users as they have Doze on the go now, but I haven't seen anyone commenting on how well it works. However I have found that having your phone facing towards you in your pocket with wake gestures turned on will drain more battery because of the phone attempting to recognise your thigh/butt's input.​
    6. governor/profile
      What you're here for.​
    7. manufacturing consistency
      no one can control this. some phones are just made more equal than others​
    any combination of these will change the results you get and as such, this means that it is very hard to do a controlled real world test thanks to the flexibility that has been vested onto our Huawei Nexus 6p.
    With that said, I'd like to make sure everyone knows to take the following information as a guide, not concrete facts and is by no means exhaustive. If you have something you'd like me to add or would like me to revisit any profile just let me know via pm/reply.

definitions:

Light usage:
    As a general rule of thumb, if you're browsing content. That's pretty light.
    Things like checking the news, your social media, forums, watching an offline video, NFC transactions, banking, taking notes.
    These actions do not constantly use data/gps and do not require high CPU usage.

Heavy usage:
    Another rule of thumb, your phone gets hot. The CPU's probably working hard.
    Playing games, video streaming, calling via cellular/data, video calling, navigation, remote management
    These actions require some combination of data/gps/cellular and probably uses higher CPU frequencies.

Idle usage:
    Few exceptions here, I do it with screen off, and usually falling under this category because it is for non-SOT actions. That's why when I do, I can only track it via idle time.
    Music streaming, Whatsapp Web

I think this is enough examples. I don't use every app/mod out there and I'm sure you're smart enough to figure how your app should fair

phone setup:
    ROM: stock MM
    Rooted: yes
    xposed: yes
    wifi: always on
    data: 4g/3g always on mostly with average(yellow) reception
    bluetooth: always on
    nfc: always on
    brightness: auto
    daydream/screensaver: off
    ambient display: off
    fingerprint: yes
    swipe to unlock: off

EXKM setup:
    kernel defaults
    with the following exceptions:
    I/O Scheduler: sioplus
    readahead: 2048

Discontinued profiles

Profile tests done using Elementalx 1.16 kernel:

Heimdall v4
    Performance: hiccups near RAM limits, smooth otherwise
    SOT: 2hrs
    verdict: eh... its outdated anyway and gmail was probably sucking batt.
    post with detail

ghost pepper
    Performance: Often see UI micro freezing, smooth when in use
    SOT: 2.5hrs
    verdict: there was this feeling that i had like "range anxiety"
    post with detail

eclipse r1 (light usage only)
    Performance: hiccups near RAM limits, smooth otherwise
    SOT: 6.5hrs
    verdict: really nice all rounder without lagging in games too much.
    post with detail

Profile tests done using kylo R21 aosp 4.9: (incomplete section)

eclipse r3
    Performance: occasional UI hiccup
    verdict: not so good for gaming.
    Heimdall v4

Profile tests done using AK 0.66-2 UBER 5.4 (incomplete section)

eclipse r3

Profile tests done using kylo R36 UBER 6.x: ended 2 Sept 2016

Saber
    Usage: 2hrs light, 1.5hrs heavy, 1.5hrs idle
    Performance: feels like Amanuensis (slower than performance oriented profiles)
    Idle drain: ???
    SOT: ~4hrs
    verdict: still feels better than Heimdall, but why use this when there's Dragonfly?
    post with detail

Blackpepper v1
    usage: 2.75hrs light, 2hrs heavy, overnight + 1hr idle
    performance: lag on wake/some nav functions. No problems in most games, lower fps in 3d intensive games
    idle drain: <1%/hr
    SOT: 4.75hrs
    verdict: for the people who constantly complain about "my phone is too hot"
    post with detail

Glassfish v1
    usage: 3hrs light, 1.5hrs heavy, 3hrs idle
    performance: stuttering in most games, lags on fingerprint to wake
    idle drain: 2.1%/hr
    SOT: 4.5hrs
    verdict: is alright, but "unusable" when on low battery
    post with detail

Profile tests done using Ninja v1.9 for M:

DragonX v1 Hotplugging disabled
    usage: 3.25hrs light, 2hrs heavy, 1.5hrs idle
    performance: smooth and responsive, no observed lags
    SOT: 5.25hrs
    verdict: Great all rounder, but reported scrolling lag in specific applications
    Post with detail

Improved profiles

Profile tests done using kylo R36 UBER 6.x:
    AmanuensisOne
    (Uber heavy)
    Usage: 3.5hrs heavy
    Performance: just a little slower than being fully performance blowned like butterfly. No lags though
    Idle drain: N/A
    SOT: 3.5hrs
    verdict: the new baseline for my tests since 28 July 2016
    post with detail

(mixed usage)
    Usage: 3hrs light, 2hrs heavy, 8hrs idle
    Performance: just a little slower than being fully performance blowned like butterfly. No lags though
    Idle drain: <1%/hr
    SOT: 5hrs
    verdict: the new baseline for my tests since 28 July 2016
    post with detail

and since this is the baseline another piece of information that may interest you- script vs exkm profile differences.

DragonFly
    Usage: 2.5hrs Light, 1.5hrs heavy, 30mins-1hr idle
    Peformance: best of all. 0 lags
    Idle drain: <1%/hr
    SOT : 4hrs
    verdict: No compromises and yet such respectable SOT. pretty average with heavy drain, but this time its full speed ahead.
    post with detail

Excalibur v2
    usage: 3.75hrs light, 1hr heavy, overnight idle
    Performance: snappy. no lags.
    idle drain: 1.17%/hr
    verdict: would not mind using this for a daily
    post with detail

Deadpool
    usage: 2.5hrs light, 1.75hrs heavy, 6hrs idle
    performance: smooth even when CPU throttles
    idle drain: <1%hr
    SOT: 4.25hrs
    verdict: THE profile for light users
    post with detail

Hawktail v1
    usage: 2hrs light, 1.75hrs heavy, 6hrs idle
    performance: stutter in pokemon go
    idle drain: <1%hr
    SOT: 3.75hrs
    verdict: has really good background usage
    post with detail

GlassFish v1.2
    usage: 2.5hrs light, 2hrs heavy, 9hrs idle
    performance: stuttering in most games and apps
    idle drain: 1%/hr
    verdict: is alright if you can stand stuttering, not worth the sacrifice in user experience to save low battery unusability as in v1
    post with detail

DeusEx
    usage: 3hrs light, 2hrs heavy, 5.5hrs idle
    performance: micro stutters on low battery if CPU is hot, still usable
    verdict: I can recommend this alongside Amanuensis
    post with detail

Profile tests done using Ninja v1.6 for M:

DeusEx Revolution
    usage: 2.5hrs light, 2hrs heavy, 9hrs idle
    performance: lags when hot/low battery in heavy usage
    verdict: not exactly for mixed/heavy usage. Should be ok for light usage
    post with detail

Saber v2
    usage: 3.5hrs light, 1.5hrs heavy, 15hrs idle
    performance: Very smooth and responsive, until Power saver mode kicks in. Stutters when warm only in games but not UI
    verdict: Don't let Android power saver kick in and you should be mint
    Post with detail

Profile tests done using Ninja v1.9 for M:

DragonX v2 Hotplugging disabled
    usage: 3hrs light, 1.75hrs heavy, 10hrs idle
    performance: very smooth and responsive, no observed lags
    verdict: Even smoother than v1, doesn't get as hot, could have slightly more SOT
    Post with detail

Profile tests done using Ninja v1.11 for M:

Werewolf v1.2 Hotplugging disabled
    usage: 2.5hrs light, 1.5hrs heavy, 5.5hrs idle
    performance: smooth enough and mostly responsive, lags on 3d fire effects
    SOT: 4hrs
    verdict: Smooth enough for daily use, but not enough SOT.
    Post with detail

Recommendations Updated 31 Aug 2016
    Light users: Deadpool/Saber v2
    Mixed users: AmanuensisOne/DragonX v2/Deux Ex
    Heavy users: AmanuensisOne/DragonX
    performance users: Dragonfly
    cold phone users: Blackpepper v1