Standby drain

Search This thread

Mr. Gold

May 22, 2016
Seattle
My S7 edge has been off the charger for 1 hour and 20 minutes and all I have done is check my email 2 (minutes) and it's down to 92%. Android System and Android OS is taking 70% of the drain.

What am I doing wrong?

some things that might help:
disable Facebook app & other apps you don't use/need
turn off location when not in use
turn off NFC when not in use
when on WiFi turn off Mobile Data
turn off Bluetooth and WiFi scanning (to stop apps scanning in the background, apps scan even when Bluetooth & WiFi are Off)
turn off Nearby Device Scanning

Last edited:

rahulbalmuri

Nov 1, 2012
Google Services Drain

Hey guys, mine was all normal until yesterday evening and this happens...Apparently Google Play Services is draining the standy. Can you show me some pointers that can fix this?

Attached is the screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160613-190802.png
    Screenshot_20160613-190802.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 204

cavags5

May 15, 2015
Beach
This night i turn on Airplane Mode just to see and sleep 5h and drain 1%
So far nothing draining, and with airplane mode off may 2 3 %over night.

laving1977

Sep 18, 2009
It used to drain sometimes for 20% or more over night and device was hot as hell.
What I discovered was that the Android service, Google and UI process took most of the battery.
So i changed the theme from ShineBlack to Sevenabstract and all my problems wanished.

GoMoeJoe

Jul 2, 2015
Yes. I thought in the beginning that it was this Heroes game that was preinstalled, as I played it a bit. But after changing the theme I got rid of some laginess as well. I think there might be something with the black theme :(

I guess I will have to try this out. Maybe you're on to something ... :D

freezingpoint

May 24, 2013
Melbourne
After an update, I am having issues with the standby drain with wifi.

At home, it's perfectly fine (like before the update) where it drops 1% after 3-4 hours. At work, it goes down 1% every 20-30 minutes. Still can't figure out how or why. I had no issues before updating it.

Security555

Mar 7, 2008
After an update, I am having issues with the standby drain with wifi.

At home, it's perfectly fine (like before the update) where it drops 1% after 3-4 hours. At work, it goes down 1% every 20-30 minutes. Still can't figure out how or why. I had no issues before updating it.
After April's update we've got following issue

Attachments

• 1466656220460.jpg
    1466656220460.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 711

KevinMc33

May 27, 2016
Perth
]Getting pretty heavy drain with Spotify and the usual Android system. Using Tkkg1994's Superman 1.8 ROM but from what Ive read its common across all ROMs after the APC8 update....

Can anyone else confirm if they are getting huge Spotify drain (27% over 3 hours) with only 1 hour of actual playing

Cant post screenshot due to new member status

fastmike

Jul 6, 2007
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
Mine does usually go down by 1% every hour (with Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth active)

Tyronne43

Jun 24, 2016
Hi guys,

Is anyone else experiencing a battery drain due to people edge?

I've disabled all edge screen features except edge lighting but in the past 3 and a half hours People Edge has used 38% of my total battery usage.

My phone is rooted and I'm using Renovate Edge 2.1 from.
I have Xposed Framework installed with about a dozen mods.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had been having an issue where mine was never entering deep sleep. I tracked it to two things. Google voice recognition on every screen and auto backup. Once I turned those off, the battery drain seems much improved, although I only made those changes this afternoon.

If you're having issues you might try to identify the wakelock via ADB. Run the below code in a loop and see what pops up. It worked for me.
    adb shell dumpsys power | grep -i partial_wake_lock

That being said, I sure miss having root to run BetterBattery Stats. . . . Sigh. . . .
    When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    HOW? 0% only? mine is 4% over 6 h. which firmware do u use? I have s7 edge

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

which firmware do u use?
    When i wrote that comment i was on pg3
    Now im on pgi its better

And for that above comment about no drain on 8hrs,is impossible
    Screenshots please and proof that you werent in flight mode

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

sleeps like a baby, 0% drain on 8h sleep.
    Would love to see some screenshots and proof

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
    2-3% overnight for me. AOD off.
    Where can i turn those 2 features off? thank you

You will find voice recognition in the Google app under settings/voice/OK Google. The second one is in settings/backup and reset under samsung account.