[rom][6.0.1] aokp mm [jfltetmo][unofficial]

How well is the Bluetooth working for you?

• I never have an issue.

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Occasionally will give me trouble.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Hit or miss.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Really problematic.

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
alaskalinuxuser3.ddns.net
I checked out the page and noticed two different downloads. A normal and a 64 version. What version are you using?

During a phone call my screen turns off. I cannot access the screen at all until the other person hangs up. I have a feeling its cause of a crack on the glass over the sensor. Is there a way to disable the sensor so I can keep my screen on?

Also just a FYI for you AlaskaLinuxUser. I am using a MetroPCS S4 variant but since we use the T-Mobile network things work fine.

I appreciate all the help!
Thanks for letting me know, it is good to know what variants the ROM works on!

As for the screen off issue, could be your cracked screen sensor, I do not have trouble with it myself. An idea for you, you can set the volume rockers to wake the screen, perhaps that would work during the call?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: darazor

darazor

May 12, 2010
Warwick
I checked out the page and noticed two different downloads. A normal and a 64 version. What version are you using?

I and you would use the plain arm version since our S4 is not a 64 bit device.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Bluetooth and call is death tho unfortunately (my only issue with stock ROM)
It seems like Bluetooth just breaks the phones functions till I reboot

Did you check to see that only phone and contacts are ticked in the bluetooth>more setting>your BT device>settings for that device. I have found that if any other BT shares are ticked it will crash and phone locks.:(
Previously, I noted that I was able to use BT version 2.x, 3.x, and 4.x devices if just those two options are selected. Might be worth the try.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

During a phone call my screen turns off. I cannot access the screen at all until the other person hangs up. I have a feeling its cause of a crack on the glass over the sensor. Is there a way to disable the sensor so I can keep my screen on?

Sorry, just noticed this. If you select the phone icon>settings>calls. You will find two options that are related to proximity settings. The first allows auto switching to speaker phone the second turns off the screen. I use them both without any issue but you can try the options to see if they help.

Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser

Quimicax

Nov 6, 2012
SantoDomingo
www.google.com
Glad you like the ROM!

Hmm.... Now why didn't I think of that! ;) To be honest, it is something that I have been working on. I am not very skilled, so kernel changes take me many tries to get working results, and many more to get good results. I was planning to over clock before adding the governors, but the general consensus I received seem to indicate that longer battery life was more important, so I worked on the governors instead. It is still something I am tinkering with, though.

For the casually interested, I am working on these projects for the S4:
-liquid smooth 5.1.1 and 6.0.1
-OmniRom 5.1.1
-kernel features for over clocking, under voltage, kernel modules
-A special kexec developer kernel (not for general use, but publicly available)
-SOKP 5.1.1

My laptop that I compile on is giving up on life though, laptops were not designed for these heavy workloads. It no longer knows the temperature of the CPU, the motherboard cannot recognize the AC or the battery, the WiFi card is smoked, and it overheats and reboots a lot. I had to reload Ubuntu last week. A buddy has a computer that is 4x more powerful that he is giving to me, so when I get that I can hopefully work a little faster! Right now I am driving that laptop like I stole it! [emoji41]

Hopefully, if the good Lord allows, we can have more toys, er, uh, I mean tools for our phones!

I really just do this stuff because it is a really fun learning experience for me, but I do appreciate your kind words!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Waoooo Really Nice Read This :good: I Know This Phone Is Old But Have Very Good Potential..! :victory:

Kuropis

Jun 29, 2016
Been using Xposed for a few days now. Seems to work okay but sometimes have to turn settings on and off again so they don't compete.

The toggle for my screen when getting phone calls worked. I can access it again. The crack on the screen is the problem.

Any other apps out there that are complimentary to this version of the ROM that AlaskaLinuxUser has so kindly provided for us?

Thank you again for the ROM and all the help!

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Been using Xposed for a few days now. Seems to work okay but sometimes have to turn settings on and off again so they don't compete.

The toggle for my screen when getting phone calls worked. I can access it again. The crack on the screen is the problem.

Any other apps out there that are complimentary to this version of the ROM that AlaskaLinuxUser has so kindly provided for us?

No problem! Hey, a pretty good add on app for this phone is "kernel adiutor" from the Play store, or here on XDA:
http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-kernel-adiutor-t2986129

It has far more features then the No Frills CPU app (of course, that is just a simple tool) with which you can even set the governor of your GPU, among other things. So I recommend it with this rom.

Also, I just wanted to thank everybody, this morning we have reached 500 downloads of this rom! I appreciate everybody leaving comments, thanks slaps, and working with me as I learn about how to compile and work on kernels. So thanks again everybody! :D

darazor

May 12, 2010
Warwick

I haven't had to turn settings on/off but these are the Xposed apps that I use:
AppOpsXposed (mostly for status bar tweaks)
GravityBox [MM] (several areas of control that I like)
MinMinGuard (ad control)
Xprivacy (Limit app permissions)
XuiMod (i use just for the clock functions)
YouTube AdAway (works great)

Non Xposed tech apps that are very very useful:
AdAway
Advanced task killer
Call Blocker ( couldn't live without it)
Disable Services
Logcat Extreme
NetGuard
RootBrowser
TWRP 3.0.2

These are all working together fine on my end as far as I can assess. They do take some time to get used to and ?understand?. And, I am far from an expert on any of them but I have learned to go slowly and try to find out how they work etc., you know the drill. Patience!
Good luck; it's all part of the fun of owning an Android and having control over YOUR device.

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
good rom!,but
custom kernel for this?
Thanks!

Yes, the kernel is a custom job, but I am still learning how to customize kernels. I recently switched and forked the Arc-Team kernel. I have the source on github if you would like to see it. I have just added fast charge, and several people are testing the changes for stability now. I will be uploading the fastcharge branch tomorrow. I hope to post the kernel zips before the weekend.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3411543

You can also look in this forum (Android development) for my kernel thread if you like. Feedback is always welcome!

Last edited:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
New build is up!

New build is up!
I appreciate everyone's patience as I learn how to make things better! I have recently added the commits for the fast charge to the kernel. I also added the Kernel Adiutor app to give you a way to turn it on. Be sure to read Post #2 for tips and tricks about it, and I hope you all enjoy the really cool futuristic backgrounds provided by The Quiet Learner. You can check out more futuristic and cool backgrounds on his website: https://qlfiles.net/

Change log:

-Added Kernel Adiutor app to build.
-Added Fast Charge to kernel.
-Edited updater-script so zip may be flashed on any JFLTE phone. Built for JFLTETMO though. Use with caution!

darazor

May 12, 2010
Warwick
New build is up!
I appreciate everyone's patience as I learn how to make things better! I have recently added the commits for the fast charge to the kernel. I also added the Kernel Adiutor app to give you a way to turn it on. Be sure to read Post #2 for tips and tricks about it, and I hope you all enjoy the really cool futuristic backgrounds provided by The Quiet Learner. You can check out more futuristic and cool backgrounds on his website: https://qlfiles.net/

Change log:

-Added Kernel Adiutor app to build.
-Added Fast Charge to kernel.
-Edited updater-script so zip may be flashed on any JFLTE phone. Built for JFLTETMO though. Use with caution!

Flashed last night; everything works just as before. I'm not sure if it isn't just a bit faster. Great ROM that gets even better with each iteration. Literally cannot thank you enough even though you are enjoying yourself we benefit from your great work.

Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser

MasterInXDA

Jul 9, 2016
Hello. I like your rom but i have a problem with all roms based on cm13 (6.0.1). When i send an audio on WhatsApp or i try to record something the microphone volumen is very low. I tried installing stock and try recording and it work. but when i install a cm rom the microphone volume is low.
How can i fix it?
Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks.

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Installed the new build. Things seem to be going good.

Can we get the newest security patch in the next build? Noticed it was June still on the ROM.
Kuropis,
You bet, I have slow internet (that I share with others) so I am syncing this over the weekend. Should see a new build with updated security patches next week. I can't guarantee that I will be able to keep up with every security update, though, but I will try my best!

Edit: to clarify, my internet is 10 meg, and I have a download limit of 40 gb/month, then it drops to 1 meg. Not very many internet options are available where I live. :) My phone is unlimited data though, and I have been known to tether before. ;)

Hello. I like your rom but i have a problem with all roms based on cm13 (6.0.1). When i send an audio on WhatsApp or i try to record something the microphone volumen is very low. I tried installing stock and try recording and it work. but when i install a cm rom the microphone volume is low.
How can i fix it?
Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks.
MasterInXDA,
Thanks for letting me know, I always appreciate feedback, because I don't try every app or feature (because there are so many). I will look at the volume controls and see if we can "boost" the microphone. Some have sugessted that turning off the audio effects makes the volumes louder. Perhaps while I look at boosting the mic, you could try that?
Dgm_mixtoon,
My friend, I think we are having problems with a language barrier. I want to answer your questions, but I don't understand exactly what it is you would like to have answered. Could you please be more specific so that I can help you or answer your question? Thanks for your patience!

-AlaskaLinuxUser https://thealaskalinuxuser.wordpress.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: darazor

MasterInXDA

Jul 9, 2016
Kuropis,

MasterInXDA,
Thanks for letting me know, I always appreciate feedback, because I don't try every app or feature (because there are so many). I will look at the volume controls and see if we can "boost" the microphone. Some have sugessted that turning off the audio effects makes the volumes louder. Perhaps while I look at boosting the mic, you could try that?

-AlaskaLinuxUser

Hello. I tried it but it doesn't have any effect. The record volumen is very low.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bc5288767ecc58bf8713e79c975ea28b.jpg

To God be the glory, my AOKP project finally works!

This is not a dirty unicorn. This is the original unicorn, the AOKP. Now made out of a marshmallow! That's right, all of the AOKP stuff you love, plus CyanogenMod's theme engine, plus Paranoid Android's Pie, and more! All wrapped up into one! With tons of settings from status bar tweaks to home button remaps, it's all here and ready to rumble!

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****

Downloads:
    Rom Download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/y669np9yxsahxdn/aokp-jf-mm-20160913.zip

Gapps link:
    http://opengapps.org/
    -Which I personally tested Pico and Nano. Be sure to choose "Arm" and "6.0".

Old Rom Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2g225ob9ga5a34b/aokp-jf-mm-20160830.zip

This Rom has been very stable for me. Be sure to follow these installation steps very carefully, as they may be different then what you are used to.

Installation instructions:
    -Download ROM and gapps, and put them on your phone or external storage.
    -Reboot into recovery mode - TWRP (I personally installed this using 3.0.2-0).
    -Backup what you had. (Just to be safe.)
    -Wipe. (I personally wipe everything prior to flashing new roms, but at least do the basic wipe.)
    -Install Rom.
    -Wipe Cache and Davlik.
    -Install Gapps. - Optional
    -Reboot to system and enjoy!

Code:
    What works:
    So far everything that I have tried works, such as
    - Camera for pictures and video!
    - Phone calls/receiving
    - Data 2g/3g/LTE
    - Bluetooth
    - WiFi -First boot WiFi does not work, but reboot and it will work just fine after that.
    - MTP
    - GPS
    etc....

What doesn't:
    - None that I know of, but if you find one, please let me know so we can try to fix it!
    - Post #2 will be updated with notes.

This AOKP MM ROM was built for the JFLTETMO, the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4. I have not tried this on any other device, but you are welcome to try it AT YOUR OWN RISK. See post #3 for successful tests on other devices.

A huge thanks to the Android Open Kang Project team!
    Disclaimer: AOKP is not responsible for any damages to your device.
    All of my work is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make AOKP, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

AOKP XDA Forum: http://xdaforums.com/aokp
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP
    Official website: http://aokp.co/

ROM OS Version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.112
    Based On: Overall AOSP and some CyanogenMod.

My device tree: https://github.com/alaskalinuxuser/
    Features the AKLU kernel:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-tmobile/development/kernel-marshmallow-lollipop-kernels-t3411543

Created 2016-06-03
    Last Updated 2016-12-20

Change log:
    Code:
    -Now built with openjdk-8-jdk - Java 8!
    -Sync with AOKP source.
    -Security patch updates to September 6th, 2016.
    -Edited updater script so that it may be flashed on any JFLTE phone.

-Now built with openjdk-8-jdk - Java 8!
    -Sync with AOKP source.
    -Old school boot animation from the AOKP team.
    -Updated AudioFX app.
    -Security patch updates to August 5th, 2016.

-Sync with AOKP source
    -Security patch updates to July 5th, 2016. - Important Qualcomm security updates for our phone.

-Added GPU Overclock - use with Kernel Adiutor

-Set SELinux to permissive.

-Fixed video recording, now works properly! (Praise God!)
    -Dropped Android browser and added CM13's Gello browser.

-Synced with AOKP source
      -PA Pie added!
      -Lots of great updates and fixes!
    -Removed NFCPU in favor of Kernel Adiutor app

-Added Kernel Adiutor app
    -Added Fast Charge commits to the kernel.

20160623:
    -Added Lionheart and Smartmax kernel governors
    -First boot WiFi does not work, but reboot and it will work just fine after that.

20160619: 
    -Synced with AOKP source
    -Edited default background
    -Added "No Frills CPU" app to build
    -Fixed mGerrit app

20160603: 
    -First build release.
    Great News and a Status Update!

Praise God! I've got some great news and a status update about AOKP 7.1.1!

Hello everybody,
    I really appreciate your patience as I struggled through Android "N". I just wanted to give you all some great news that hopefully will make your day! I just finished installing my custom home brewed 7.1.1 on my S4, and we now have cellular!

What's working:
    Cellular, Bluetooth, WiFi, Sound, Screen, Touch, Buttons, and more!

What's not:
    -The Camera works for photos, but not for video. (Sounds ironically familiar....)
    -MTP has issues sometimes, however, ADB, PTP are all working correctly.
    -Due to stealing some things from JFLTEXX, my T-Mobile thinks it is an international phone. Some build prop editing can fix that in no time, though!
    -I do not think NFC is working properly, but I don't know for sure yet.

The plan right now is to "clean it up" a bit and I hope to be posting a new thread with AOKP 7.1.1 in the next day or two. The Multi-Window function is surprisingly handy....
    Here are some screenshots:

9d5aef4b64832d39d90ec9e2e286dcb8.jpg
    Let me know what you guys think!

Noteworthy features:

Code:
    -CyanogenMod Theme Engine (CMTE)
    -Kernel Aduitor App
    -Rom Control
     + Wakelock blocker
     + Slim Recents
     + PA Pie
     + Lockscreen DT2S
     + Status Bar AOKP logo
     + Breathing missed calls
     + Status Bar icon control
     + Status Bar network traffic
     + Smart Pulldown
     + Hardware key settings
     + Power menu screenshots and screen record
     + Volume step adjustments
     + Gesture Anywhere
     + Toast Animations changer
     + App Circle Bar
    And more!

I highly recommend setting your LCD density to 320 to get the most from this screen.

Bluetooth work around:

675de408f51022d374036fc96703817f.jpg

Okay, so I finally got a cheap Bluetooth speaker so I could better understand the Bluetooth problems, and I too received the call of death.

However, I realized what darazor has been trying to tell everyone all along, and now I want to expound on that to help others.

When using Bluetooth, if you pair with an audio device (speakers, car, headset, etc.) And you have not adjusted any settings, the default for each audio device is phone and media. This will cause the COD if you get a phone call while playing music or other media.

So, if you want to use Bluetooth devices to play music:
    Go to settings, Bluetooth, and click on the gear (settings) icon next to your paired speakers, and choose media, and unchecked phone. (See picture.) Now, when playing music, my phone vibrates and the screen comes on to tell me I have a call. Then, I can answer it, and the music stops. All is well.

If you want to use your hands free headset, choose phone and unchecked media. (See picture for reference.) And it should work for calls.

I now understand what everyone was talking about, and will do my best to look into it. Thanks @darazor for pointing this out, hopefully this lengthy explanation makes it clearer.

Governors:
    Code:
    If you want to save battery life, I recommend that you use the Kernel Aduitor app, and set your Governor to SmartMax, and your I/O scheduler to Noop. This may affect performance slightly, but will save on some battery power.

If you want to increase performance, I recommend that you use the Kernel Aduitor app, and set your Governor to Lionheart, and your I/O scheduler to CFQ. This will boost performance slightly, but will have a negative impact on battery power.

The governor is currently set to Interactive, which is a good balance.

Fast Charge:
    To use Fast Charge, you must enable it in the Kernel Adiutor app. If you want to set custom settings, you will need to get another app from the Play Store, such as Device Manager or other apps that allow you to control the fast charge settings. Note that some fast charge settings apps do not change the appropriate values to function. The lockscreen may still say "slow charge" as the rom itself does not natively support fast charge, even though the kernel does.

Thanks @khaoticking for sharing that this rom works on jflteaio!
    Thanks @alesu69 for sharing that this rom works on jfltexx (i9505)!
    Thanks @darazor for testing and finding that Xposed modules work on this rom!
    Hey everybody! I am still waiting for the updated security patch to get applied to the AOKP source. I do not see any activity on AOKP M (6) source at this time, but we will keep our fingers crossed. The AOKP team is working really hard on AOKP N (7) and it is taking a lot of their time. I have tried to build AOKP 7 and have not created a bootable image yet, but when I do, I will let you know! In the mean time, I hope to get the security on AOKP 6 updated, I am just waiting to see if the AOKP team will continue to update MM or not.