Android N Preview 4 beta npd56n (flashable & image, no encryption & dm verification)

Search This thread

akoppes

Apr 3, 2015
Amsterdam
Normally if you wipe/reformat the data partition, it will also delete the internal storage.
But you can make a backup of internal storage first en restore after flashing the new image.

angiest

Dec 4, 2011
Normally if you wipe/reformat the data partition, it will also delete the internal storage.
But you can make a backup of internal storage first en restore after flashing the new image.
The only time I've ever had that happen was testing different filesystem formats.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

rbedell

Jul 22, 2012
Anyone having issues setting up Google voice always on? It force closes every time you try to train your voice to it.

jmcorlett

Mar 1, 2016
Alberta
Anyone having issues setting up Google voice always on? It force closes every time you try to train your voice to it.

having the same issue....leaving the kernel stock seems to be okay...but where is the fun in that? Also audio mods like RC1 will also cause it to happen. For me it seemed to be about a week ago that it happened so I'm wondering if the new SuperSU has something to do with it.

Reactions: rbedell

rbedell

Jul 22, 2012
I got this from one of these two threads

1c6da8ccb77e0530da8f5eaca8e278f6.jpg

It works fine for me.

Any reason why I try to apply these but the value would remain blank? Like it doesn't have access? Also with the processer values same issue.

Smittyzz

Sep 16, 2011
I'm not sure if anyone else has but I've gotten led working on preview 4. Gives me serious always on issues but I think I found the right trick to it lol

Smittyzz

Sep 16, 2011
My issue is I have the preview 4, I am also enabling led with a flash able zip, enabling adaway with a flash able zip, and then SuperSU beta, then the kernel. Sometimes voice always on disables and force closes until I wipe system catches and reflash all my files.
The strange thing is sometimes it works, sometimes I flash another file and it disables it then I'll flash another and it turns back on.
It's like if I flash the files in the right order one at a time it will work, but it's being a huge pain.

Edit: your right on the kernel, but after every restart it shuts itself off and force closes. Kinda blows but I guess I'm gonna live without knock on

If anyone wants there led back the flash able zip for 5.0 works, been using it since preview 2

Edit 3: I definitely have to install crap a certain way or always on turns off first reboot on me every time then instant crashing.
I almost feel I could get the kernel to work but I don't wanna take the chances of having to reflash everything 3 times to get everything to stick and play together

Didn't have issues till experimental kernel and multirom hit my phone

Last edited:

sam008

Feb 14, 2009
Downgrading back to android 6

guys - any special instructions for downgrading or should I simply get the stock ROM for 6.0 and do a flash-all at the bootloader?

Thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android N Preview 4 beta npd56n (flashable & image, no encryption & dm verification)

** DISCLAIMER: APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK **​
    ** The following are instruction for installing Android N Preview 4 image released by Google on 6/16/2016. After the installation you will have TWRP recovery 3.0.2-0 with the data partition erased and unencrypted if you use method 2 **​
    Always backup your data before flashing something a total stranger gives you!

Method 1: Flash update through TWRP recovery (keeps your data and current recovery)
    1- You need to have TWRP 3.0.2-0 or higher installed on your phone.
    2- Download this flashable zip..
    3- Copy to the phone internal storage and flash via recovery.
    4- Reboot. Your data should still be intact and your OS is upgraded to N Preview 4 beta. If your internal storage is unencrypted before flashing it remains unencrypted.

Method 2: Flash update using a computer (wipes everything, unencrypts data, and upgrades TWRP)
    1- ALL of your data including the internal storage will be lost so make a backup. (If you know what you are doing and you are coming from unencrypted Marshmallow you can modify the instructions to not lose data but I won't help you with that).
    2- Download this file. Note that it is NOT a flashable zip.
    3- Unzip into a folder of your choice on your PC.
    4- Open a command window (cmd) and cd to this directory. then run the following:

Code:
    flash-all
    5- Wait until prompted, then press key to reboot the phone.
    6- Your data is wiped and your OS is upgraded to N 4 beta with unencrypted internal storage. Your TWRP is also upgraded to 3.0.2-0.

Technical details: this is a repacking of the Google image with a modified Kernel and removed userdata and recovery images. Everything else is stock.

Problem downloading from Mega on a mobile browser? Change the page setting to "Request desktop site".

About root and other issues
    To obtain root after installing this update you should flash SuperSU 2.74 (or higher) in recovery. Get it from here: http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133.
    Looking forward to an updated Preview 5 OTA flashable via TWRP. Hopefully you're up to the task! ;) Thanks OP for all your work!

https://developer.android.com/preview/download-ota.html
    If coming from MM is method 1 an option?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Both methods work regardless of what android version you start with.
    What kernel are you guys using?
    I flashed elementalx and SuperSU but neither are working. I'm guessing SuperSU doesn't work because of elementalx. I flashed everything twice already with no luck.

Always flash SuperSU first, then let it reboot to the system, then flash ElementalX
    That means that your zip contains already the new N bootloader and radio. Bye the way, are they different from N3?

Yes, my zips include both radio and bootloader. As far as I can tell N4 radio and bootloader are the same as N3.